PREFERRED HOME CARE Employee Reviews in Brooklyn, NY

3.4Job Security & Advancement
Health care knowledge and caring for patient
Housekeeping and safety (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2018
Wonderful to work with employees and the patient. Knowledge of health care and the CNA are caring, loving to the patient and employees. Always on time for work and hard working.
Pros
Always working
Cons
Need extra help
Productive and enjoyable workplace at preferred home care
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 9, 2018
Work place was cool calm and collective, everyone was understanding and pleasant. Never was an issue with anyone, I just think the area is not so good for people who drive because looking for parking is horrible around the area and also the pay rate, I feel like they should hire pay rates for certain departments with the certain knowledge and experience some of us have.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Parking, no OT
Lb
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 10, 2018
I only have 1 client, a child who I see 1-3 times a week as schedule allows. Family is great and takes suggestions well and carries it over. Preferred is a nice place to work.
Pros
caseload
Cons
travel
Relaxed pace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Most of all I like the hours that I work since I only work part time. I usually have very nice patients who are fairly independent so in general I provide companionship, meal preparation and light cleaning.
A lot of the cases that I get are within walking distance from my home. That's a definite plus because I save on travel time as well as money on carfare. My supervisors are very patient and understanding. If I don't like a particular case, or feel uncomfortable for any reason, they'll find me something else. For me, a typical day at work includes providing companionship, preparing breakfast or lunch, washing dishes and vacuuming. I always engage in conversation with my patients to keep them alert and also more importantly, I monitor their safety around the house. Before I leave my patients' home, I let them know when I'll be back to work. This way they'll know on which days to expect me in their home. It helps to keep them up-to-date because older people can forget easily.
Fun
BILLINGUAL COORDINATOR/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  1267 57th st, brooklyn, ny, 11219August 28, 2017
Good people to work with . Very helpthfull and team players.
i love my co workers they make the place better and confortable. Every one is very respecful.
nice place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Respectable staff nice work place and environments. clean office friendly workers always busy with work.fun to have a work family and everything works out fine
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
short hours
Help people
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  1267 57th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11219December 12, 2016
While being employed for the company entitled Preferred Home Care I am responsible for the safety of my client. I ensure that the client has a clean living environment. I also accompany the client to various appointments. The hardest part of the job is if a client is hospitalized and I have to wait for a new client. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my client is doing as well as possible.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
If a client is hospitalized then it takes a while to obtain another client from the company.
Productive and fun place with room to grow
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 6, 2016
Maintaining and cleanignes of the office at all times. Changing trash bins,restocking the rest rooms and the kitchens,sweeping,moping,inventory,maintaining the building clean at all times and supervising two other employees making sure their job was done to perfection and on a timely schedule
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
15 minute lunch break
I enjoy my working with patients
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 7, 2016
They are easy to deal with. I enjoying working for them and I also like how they can work around my schedule sometimes. My patients are awesome and easy to deal with.
Great support
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2015
I currently provide one-on-one support responding to the daily needs of special needs students at Pace University’s inclusion program, while working as a team with other Paraprofessionals and the Teacher on site. I mainly assist the students with physical education, communication and social skill building, problem solving and independent living. I also provide updates to the parents and Teacher on students’ class performance and progress. Preferred home care is a good agency to work for
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2014
Very good case.
Nice coordinators
Always have case to go to.
Coordinators are nice.
Great case, great welcome
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2013
I learned lot of things there, I never had co-workers because I work by myself but all the patients were very nice.
Pros
Good coverage
Happy and encouraging workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2013
Go to work help my patient as must as possible with everything they need help with.
I learned to be patient and support other when ever they are in emotional distress. My co- worker are my teammate and very nice and support each other. The hardest part of my job is to see my patients suffer, unconfortable and in distress, it's kill me to see them in such situation. the most enjoyable is see my patients happy and get involve in activities as much as they can
Pros
friendly
Cons
healthcare coverage