PREFERRED HOME CARE Employee Reviews for Home Health Aide

productive Day
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 27, 2018
jobs begins when my patient is up; she is an easy eater and a good communicator. we have a good rapport and an excellent channel of communication. great working environment
Relaxed pace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2018
Most of all I like the hours that I work since I only work part time. I usually have very nice patients who are fairly independent so in general I provide companionship, meal preparation and light cleaning.
A lot of the cases that I get are within walking distance from my home. That's a definite plus because I save on travel time as well as money on carfare. My supervisors are very patient and understanding. If I don't like a particular case, or feel uncomfortable for any reason, they'll find me something else. For me, a typical day at work includes providing companionship, preparing breakfast or lunch, washing dishes and vacuuming. I always engage in conversation with my patients to keep them alert and also more importantly, I monitor their safety around the house. Before I leave my patients' home, I let them know when I'll be back to work. This way they'll know on which days to expect me in their home. It helps to keep them up-to-date because older people can forget easily.
Not the greatest place to work
Home health aide (Current Employee) –  Patchogue, NYJanuary 20, 2018
I have had an issue with my pay rate since last April. The clock in and out app never works so I get constant calls telling me that I need to clock in and out when I have done so. The coordinators are not competent enough to trust with cases and such. However, they are very nice!
productive and fun place. to work a company that cares about the employees
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYSeptember 24, 2017
a great company to work
Flexible hours and good coordinators workers.
compassion with the workers and also care about everybody in the work place. a great company.
nice place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Respectable staff nice work place and environments. clean office friendly workers always busy with work.fun to have a work family and everything works out fine
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
short hours
work management
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 14, 2017
I started with this in 2012 I had never have any problem with manager, they work with your time and also concerned about your entire life. They good understanding poeple . They are actuly trained me and now I can qualify myself as a one of the better caregiver in this town.... God blessed them.
Help people
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  1267 57th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11219December 12, 2016
While being employed for the company entitled Preferred Home Care I am responsible for the safety of my client. I ensure that the client has a clean living environment. I also accompany the client to various appointments. The hardest part of the job is if a client is hospitalized and I have to wait for a new client. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that my client is doing as well as possible.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
If a client is hospitalized then it takes a while to obtain another client from the company.
productive
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  1267 57th streetApril 19, 2016
For the most part the company is ok. Some of the coordinators are unprofessional. I wish that they had more benefits and was associated with a union.
I enjoy my working with patients
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 7, 2016
They are easy to deal with. I enjoying working for them and I also like how they can work around my schedule sometimes. My patients are awesome and easy to deal with.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2014
Very good case.
Nice coordinators
Always have case to go to.
Coordinators are nice.
Home Health Aid
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2013
A typical day at work would be going to a patience house, fixing them breakfast, taking their blood pressure and supervising them while they take their medicine, Next I would have to bathe them if they aren't self-sufficient and dress them, Then we would either watch television. talk or take a walk. Around Noon I would do household chores such as washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom etc and then I will make lunch and serve lunch and prepare dinner before it's time for me to depart.
Pros
flexible work schedule, convenient
Cons
don't know what kind of patience you will have to deal with until you get to their house
Great case, great welcome
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2013
I learned lot of things there, I never had co-workers because I work by myself but all the patients were very nice.
Pros
Good coverage
Happy and encouraging workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2013
Go to work help my patient as must as possible with everything they need help with.
I learned to be patient and support other when ever they are in emotional distress. My co- worker are my teammate and very nice and support each other. The hardest part of my job is to see my patients suffer, unconfortable and in distress, it's kill me to see them in such situation. the most enjoyable is see my patients happy and get involve in activities as much as they can
Pros
friendly
Cons
healthcare coverage
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kewanee, ILJuly 28, 2012
Wonderful experience to work at a caring agency ! mostimportant part is having a rapport with your patient family.. And all goes well. Must know how to talk to your child teen, get familiar with likes and dislikes,
Pros
great administrative team
Cons
low wages for ecening and noc shift