Preferred Homecare - Lifecare Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Dont do it
would give me away (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2018
Whoever wrote that management in Las Vegas was good is joking! They have more issues than they have success and they have more excuses as to why thy had the failures. When someone is counting on gettin OXYGEN, breathing is not optional.
Pros
unsure
Cons
almost everything.
The pits.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2018
No training. PTO accural is minimal for new hires. Quantity versus quality environment. Fast paced. Micromanagement. Poor leadership/management. Outdated premises. Everything you don't want in an employer. Don't do it. Just...don't.
Pros
Experience
Cons
micromanagement, chaotic work enviroment, poor leadership and favortism
It was good while it lasting but they sold the company to CVS Corum
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2018
I liked it until they sold the infusion side of the company. It is a relaxed pace to work in. I like a lot of the people that work. They need better management skills.
Not advancement, lack of raises
Customer Service Technician/ Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 9, 2018
A day of work consists of starting with doing a route, then coming back to the warehouse and off-loading your vehicle and looking to see what other orders their is to do whch that becomes overtime. Oncall is mandatory, not by choice.
Pros
Independent
Cons
no time for breaks, pressured to finish the job
Concerns fall on deaf ears
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2018
No balance for work and family life, no concern for fixing the matter. Request assistance until you are blue in the face, won't matter. Very high turnover from top to bottom. Really feel sorry for the employees. They work for the patients but are under appreciated and overworked.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low pay, no training, long hours, poor management and leadership
Limited Advancement
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2017
I work the same hours everyday which included a specific care plan. Once I followed the care plan, half of my shift had passed. There was nothing else needed to complete. Therefore, I felt as though my time was wasted. I was thinking that, I would have advanced by this time but, the company hasn't presented any options.
Pros
Giving assistance to the ones in need
Cons
The staff is not professional whatsoever.
no micromanagement
Infusion RN (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 26, 2017
My supervisor was located in another city. I was one of two RNs in a major city one hundred and eighty miles away. The office communicated very well with me via email, text and phone. They were supportive, yet not micromanaging. They responded timely to any questions or needs I had. My Nursing Director was the best. She knew the business, and she knew people. She was available and supportive. I would recommend this company.
Pros
no micromanagement
Cons
pay could have been better, wished there were more patients in my metro work area
Being in the road
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 9, 2017
Your job is to provide patients with medical equipment that was ordered in any condition of the day. Being on-call is a must, no exceptions. Good benefits, day of work look good when employees are all present. Having patience with patients is a must. Customer service skills is what makes you thrive.
Healthcare at it's best/worst.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 4, 2017
This company is very interesting. The people that make up the main branches work extremely hard for their patients. My branch had an amazing team with an excellent manager. However, with the changes in insurance reimbursement the executives started consolidating departments to cut costs. This started to lead to horrible patient care. It was also leading to the company not following through with documentation and not being reimbursed for upwards to two years for patient care. As a result they closed branches for different divisions throughout the Pacific Northwest and California. I would be highly cautious about working for this company. This is not a stable place for employment and even selecting this company to take care of your healthcare needs could be a mistake.
Pros
Making a difference for sick people until you close your doors.
Cons
Closing Doors, Bad Company Decisions.
Supportive Staff with great work ethics
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 21, 2017
I had a wonderful time working with staff and co workers. I worked here for two years so far and have had a great experience. I usually had times that were available to me.
Horrible management at the Dallas site.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 23, 2017
Managers don't listen and have an issue with the way they talk to their employees. VERY HIGH TURN AROUND; NO SUPPORT FOR THE TEAM AND WILL WILLINGLY SACRIFICE EMPLOYEES FOR APPROVAL OF AGENCIES. They will totally try to low ball you on pay and then expect you to work 60 hour weeks. I do not recommend this site for employment.
Pros
Hour lunch when you actually take one.
Cons
Workload is not appropiate for staff size, overworked
Learned a lot in a short period
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
I learned a lot of information in a short period of time, but it is a tough place to work. The environment is sink or swim, and very few people will take the time to help. It can be extremely overwhelming and stressful, but if you stick it through it does get easier. It's best to keep to yourself instead of following into some of the high school drama that seems to occur. If you are a tough person you will do fine.
Pros
free luncheons, co-workers, flexibility
Cons
short breaks, understaffed, low pay
Very Educational
Intake Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 15, 2017
Working at Lifecare Solutions, I learned many things. From payers to diagnosis and medical equipment. It's a good learning experience. I will miss this place.
work day
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZMay 31, 2017
normal day get to work load van Finnish any paperwork needed get run for the day set route by time make sure you have everything for the day check with everyone to make sure that no late entries have to be added and then head out for the day deliver all runs assigned to you along with any discharges for the day. once done return home turn in paperwork and go home.
Office filled with hard-working people.
Patient Care Dept/Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2017
Taking care of their patients is highest priority. The office environment is professional. I would describe my experience there as "employee friendly".
Pros
Growth opportunities. Management support.
Cons
None come to mind.
High call volume call center
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2017
Preferred Homecare in Las Vegas Nevada, is a very intense active call center, exceeding 100 inbound calls per day. The management staff is professional and very supportive. The patients are memorable and the employee's will be friend for life.
Pros
Benefits, pay, pre determind schedule, management support.
Cons
Lunch 1/2 hour. Location
Not a fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2017
They were very sneaky and shady to their employees'. the did nothing to the emplyess. The manager threatened to fire you if got sick even if it was a disease that was beyond your control;.
Terrible Company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Wellington, OHMarch 2, 2017
Most home health agency's do W2, this company does 1099. They don't train you and literally throw you into the job. Your hours aren't guaranteed.
Management was very poor
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXFebruary 28, 2017
Gain lots of usable information. When I left the company I was able to apply what I had learned in a meaningful way. My experience allow me to obtain a better paying job.
Great staff super helpful upper management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 11, 2017
I just onboarded with them and so far they have been a fantastic company to work for and with great training excellent pay superior upper management I would highly recommend to anyone who is searching for a great company to work for