Preferred Homecare Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun place to work for
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 9, 2018
I love working for preferred homecare. I had to leave because of 3 funerals going on with my family and could not focus on my job and it’s not fair to be a burden to my management team!
Pros
We get to do potlucks
Cons
People needs to be hold accountable for their actions
Not a good company
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYNovember 7, 2018
They have good training classes and a good teacher. They also have good nurses but most of the coordinators are snotty. They didn’t have enough cases in my area so that resulted in lack of work for months. I Didn’t receive payed vacation or beginners bonus. They always messed up on paychecks. Summer days they would leave work early making it hard to get in touch with the coordinators and they also hardly ever picked the phone up before 10 min. Overall the work that is required in patients house hold doesn’t equal up to the pay received from the job.
Pros
Receive HHA certificate
Cons
Don’t tell their employees everything they need to know before working, always mess up on paychecks, not enough cases in certain areas
productive and fun workplace, satisfying
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2018
Extremely fast paced especially at "month-end". Management and Supervision always communicated, kept us "in the loop" and made the stress of the job much more bearable. All kinds of rallies, incentives, "POT-LUCKS" and other fun activities to keep our morale up while we worked sooo hard. The culture was very diverse, everyone was treated equally and fairly. The hardest part of the job was to "make it happen" for our customers especially when they have serious medical needs that must be met within an acceptable timeline. I will miss my co-workers and leads very much.
Pros
free treats/lunches on special occasions
Cons
need more working tools, supplies
Ok Company
PATIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2018
They seem to get their wires crossed a lot and do a lot of useless company programs that nobody wants or needs. A few of us made comments that instead of wasting money on things we don't need give us bigger promotions or bonuses. It hasn't happened. There is lots of turnover which makes for a much more stressful environment.

Common practice of
Pros
Regular paycheck with mandatory saturdays now and then
Cons
Annual increase does not keep up with cost of living
Good starting place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 17, 2018
Minimal training, good place to get your start in the industry, not much room for advancement. Lack of communication from corporate level down. Benefit offerings are good
High demand
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for preferred homecare. It gave the opportunity to learn a lot but as far as growth there was not room for. I worked there fo over 3 years and worked very hard t provide the best customer service t patients but Preferred Homecare does not credit the hard working employees.
Pros
Friendly work enviroment
Benefits
don't do it
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2018
there is not enough time in the day to complete the amount of work thrown at the employees. training or lack thereof is complete joke. 1-2 % raise each year is an insult to those that bust their tails and voluntarily work overtime to help catch up on orders others slack on. communication is HORRIBLE!! the managers basically look out for themselves. patients complain DAILY about the poor customer service. it is not a pleasant environment to work in.
benefits
Cons
everything else is terrible
Great company to work for.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2018
I worked as a customer service technician with preferred homecare from March 2018 to August 2018. I had a few frustrating experiences but in hindsight this was a great job. The management was very fair and very easy to work with. Most coworkers were friendly and always ready to offer advice on how to do a better job. They offered plenty of training to make sure we were knowledgeable of medical equipment. The schedule was hard to get used to but if you are a single person with out much family obligations it would be perfect. I really wish I was still working for this company and would go back in a second if they chose to re-hire me.
Pros
Work on your own at your own pace. Understanding management who want you to succeed
Cons
Working late hours. Pay could be a little higher. Working dangerous areas late at night.
Lifecare Solutions
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 2, 2018
Management was open to suggestions, allowed for employees to have a voice, didn't talk down to employees, and made sure all tasks were on point daily.
Lack of advancement opportunities
Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2018
The employees were really nice to work with, but that was the only positive part of working there. They do offer training, but it is focused on one area and that was not your position you felt like you wasted two weeks and gained nothing. The company didn't have opportunities for what I was looking for. Real lack of organization and management accountability. Felt like a hamster spinning the wheel.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Poor training, lack of supervisor and mgmt accountability
Good management experience
PATIENT SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2018
At Preferred, I grew as a manager and was exposed to high level planning/decision making that has prepared me for career growth. The biggest complaint was that many areas were chronically understaffed.
Flexible Schedule
System Administrator/Service Management/Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2018
My schedule was very flexible. I could work during the day and evenings and I was able to work from home. Various training was also offered to me both on ITIL and ServiceNow.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 16, 2018
I love that they don't micromanage. It's a great place to work at. The manger are great and treat the employees great. Sometimes it can get busy and other days it's a very quiet day.
Pros
Christmas bonus, parties and annual BBQ
Cons
Some people can be petty
Good Employer
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company. It was a pleasant experience, Minimal OT and Weekends, Work life balance is possible depending on the department
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Facility is old a in seriuos need of updates
Not what it used to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
PHC is not what it used to be. Morale is down and it does not appear to be going up anytime soon. Capped pay and high turn over. Too much work and not enough people. No follow through and no praise for those excelling.
Cons
Stress
preferred
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2018
It a really laid back job you work together or independtly just have to get your work done on time and you are okay they have the work %1 cent raise you work hard get nothing for it
Pros
Cons
Cant think of any
Great company
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2018
I loved my management and coworker. We were more of a family. I loved to go to work daily and the potlucks were the best. A typical day would be the orders and speaking to different nurses and hospitals.
Loved working here
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2018
By far the best environment I've worked in so far. It was a great experience, I learned a lot and was well rounded in various departments. The management team is beyond compare.
Great community of workers
HR Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2018
Loved the pe people I worked with. The work was very hectic but it made the hours go by faster. Not a slow running business but that's why the company is so successful.
fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2018
good place to learn about the insurance and healthcare industry. good management. competitive pay. the location was really from from me which became an issue, also the lack of benefits were a problem for me the time.
Pros
free lunch at times
Cons
distance, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about