PREFERRED QUALITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 6, 2018
I have never worked for such unprofessional, rude, and all out negative people.
Management is atrocious. Pay is very low for industry standard. Pay period is more than bi-weekly. Very unsafe conditions. No opportunity for growth.
Do not apply here unless you would like to work for an aggressive, uneducated, unappreciative tyrant.
Pros
Cons
Not a positive thing to be said about this hole.
Staff is very family oriented
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 17, 2018
PQS is a good company to work for. They have flexible scheduling. I close to a year working here and feel that everyone is friendly and approachable. The compensation is good the facility has air conditioning and heat. I also enjoy the potlucks that staff plan for birthdays.
Great Company To Work For
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 17, 2018
PQS is a really good company to work for. They are very flexible with scheduling. I have 3 years or so working here and feel that overall culture has improved each year. Everyone is friendly and respectable. The pay has also improved a great deal.
Fits my schedule really well
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2018
Part time employee, works 20 hours per week and fits schedule well. Was able to choose my hours when hired. Have 2 other incomes so this fits me well.
Pros
When hired I got to pick my hours
Cons
Pay could be higher
Clean, well lit comfortable work place
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 20, 2018
It is a fast paced work environment with a lot going on. The shop is clean, well lit and comfortable. We do pot lucks every couple of months to celebrate birthdays. You have the opportunity to make more money based on how well you work.
Pros
Good environment, pay based upon performance.
Very stressful place to work at if you don’t understand spanish
Certified Inspector (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 3, 2018
The Team Leaders are all Spanish and speak VERY little English! Majority of the employees are Spanish and they all talk about others in Spanish so you can’t understand them! It is a easy job over all but the pay is only $10 and they MAKE You pay $30 out your check for work shirts! I do not recommend this place to work at unless you REALLY Need the money! There is a lot of hidden fees that get taken out of your check as well!
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
Rude team leaders
Liars
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Standale, MIFebruary 21, 2018
Had an interview and the indeed ad and the hr guy said starts at 11$ ,12$ after 90days I quit my current job to make more money only to find out my first day they lied and were actually paying 10$ an hr which was less than my job I quit. Very upsetting to get lied to within the first week. To make things worse before you even work an hour for them they charge you at LEAST 30$ for works shirts they should provide! Threatening you with charges if you lose your key card or ID badge. Just over all dissatisfied with the way this place worked!
Safety issues
CNC Operator / Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 16, 2017
Discussed safety issues with upper management and requested first aid kits in machining areas, which fell by the way side so I took it upon my self to supply kits at my own expense for the people who worked in my department.
Pros
Learned many skills and techniques.
Cons
Safety
Worked at own table and at ones speed
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Sat at a table and worked with auto parts that needed to be inspected and ensured work order where met. Supervisors would go around checking if are auto parts where sorted and inspected good.
Pros
They worked with you if you didn't understand something.
Cons
The pay!!
Worked alone, outsourced inspector
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIFebruary 25, 2014
Was nice, pretty much had your own hours. Just wasn't any room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PREFERRED QUALITY SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9