Preferred Sands Employee Reviews

Great Culture with a collaborative environment
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAOctober 23, 2018
Preferred is an amazing sink-or-swim work place that taught me a lot. Although it was so quick paced, it gave you insight into every part of the business and pushed you to work collaboratively.
Only executives receive 100% of annual bonuses
Manager (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAOctober 2, 2018
Friendly environment, zero job security. The company is again laying off employees. Constant change in employees and management. Unfortunately the company will never reach it's full potential due to never ending change in employees and lack of job security. The company does not respect the team and instead always looks for a new favorite or savior to fix the day.great intention but lack of leadership and management.
Pros
Free lunches and fruit
Cons
Lack job stability layoffs ever few years.
Great place to work!
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 13, 2018
I have only been here 8 months but the atmosphere is great and the people are friendly. There is an focus on healthy eating with daily fruit deliveries and when food is provided there is always a salad or just salad. Gym membership is included with employment. Great place to start your career and move up or on.
Pros
gym, fruits everyday
Cons
none that i can see.
Management is a joke, MSHA has job security
Operator (Former Employee) –  Poteet, TXJune 1, 2018
No safety precautions or procedure are being taken at the Poteet Plant, turnover is crazy. All of management talks through both sides of their necks saying how the culture here is a familial one, but will stab you as soon as they get the chance. Make up rules as they go, it's like they don't know what a Sand Plant does or how it's supposed to function.
Pros
Good Paycheck
Cons
Bad Managment to the roots
poor work place
maint Suporvisor (Former Employee) –  TXApril 8, 2018
Starting at Preferred when the plant was being built was OK, we had goals to reach and training to undergo.
When the plant started running the managment fell apart operations was running Maint and all goals were lost in a pile of over stressed equipment and breaking parts from China.
Pros
benifits are good
Cons
pay is low, work hours are long, and managment has no regard for the employee.
A discriminatory place to work at.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Genoa, NE 68640March 19, 2018
I would not recommend working at Preferred Sands. The people that work in the Resin plant are almost all discriminatory to new employees. The treat people unfairly based on race and age. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the bigotry from the people who already work there. Then you have to deal with the long hours and awful schedule. 12 hour shifts for everyone who doesn't work in the office and the schedule was from 6 to 6, either nights or days. Also, there is so much dust and sand in the Resin plant that it should be considered a health hazard. The only positive thing I would say about Preferred Sands is the health benefits. Other than that, that place is garbage.
Pros
benefits, free coffee
Cons
long hours, poor schedule, discriminatory workplace, biased management, unhealthy job culture
Plant and hr was a joke
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Genoa, NEMarch 11, 2018
Messed up my back at work they didn’t care they were going to fire me because I couldn’t work because I hurt my back and after I left there and went to the doctors I had to have surgery
Good Starting Point
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAMarch 7, 2018
Some people make Preferred there landing point for their careers and others start out there, gain experience, and move on. All are great options when working at preferred.

If you do want to work at preferred be prepared for very manual process and things working at a fast pace. You may even have to work long hours if you're involved in any sort of accounting or finance roles.

Up side is people are always friendly and coworkers will be there to help pick up some slack if you're stuck. There is always room to grown with raises and bonuses coming twice a year and they promote from within if you do choose to stay with the company for the long term.
Pros
Pay, people, office culture, growth
Cons
Manual systems, hours worked
Poor work place
Production utilty (Former Employee) –  Sanders, AZMarch 3, 2018
Over worked. Company gets into your personally life.
Lack of management. Lack of scheduling and lack of safety.
Plant manger only care about themselves over safety of employees. Underpaid and over worked. No days off have to ask for them.
Fast paced and unorganized
N/A (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAFebruary 1, 2018
Regular practice to not provide raises
Be prepared to be overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated if you do not work in sales or technology.
Stubborn CEO who gets in his own way and the company's
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pay
very stressful place to work
Resin Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Genoa, NE 68640December 5, 2017
Local plant operates by poor plant manager.
He keeps plant under the contentious stress.
People don't have job security at all.
But company has good benefits options
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Good
Quality Systems/ISO Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blair, WINovember 3, 2017
Great place to work, except when the company was bought out by Source energy, there was no communication from Preferred itself. It left a lot of employees hanging.
average
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Sanders, AZSeptember 13, 2017
lots of opportunity to work with various equipment. boss was willing to teach. laid back. worked long hours. operated a loader, dozer, excavator, haul truck, water truck, 140M blade
Intelligent and great people to work with
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAJuly 28, 2017
Overall my experience at Preferred Sands has been very positive. I am presently covering a maternity leave for the Executive Assistant to the COO and CFO.
Pros
Breakfast food and various beverages available for staff.
Cons
None as of yet.
Cool Office, lots of opportunity
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAApril 26, 2017
Very fast paced but room to grow if you're willing to adapt and fill needs as you see them, but you have to go for it, not many people will ask you to do new things, you have to be a self starter in this company
Prideful work and amazing management
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomer, WIMay 26, 2016
Management was completely understanding and saw you as part of a work family rather than just another person they boss around. Work is hard but prideful. Opportunities in all areas of the organization. Excellent benefits.
Pros
Great pay, excellent management, advancement opportunities
Cons
Low Job Security - Rough Economy
Overall a good company.
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomer, WIJanuary 27, 2016
Great atmosphere, great co-workers, learned a great deal in my position.
Great Managment, they were very willing to listen and work with everyone to resolve issues.
Leaders not sure of how many people needed to run company
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Radnor paSeptember 30, 2015
To much uncertainty within upper management. Great people to work with but way to many employees coming and going. Not enough checks and balances.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too many personnel changes
Great home based business you become a part of something bigger
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomer, WISeptember 4, 2015
Great home based business if you are willing to work at it. In the beginning it is mildly stressful but it does get easier with time.
Productive workplace with little distractions
Executive Assistant- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTAugust 21, 2013
Being the office manager and executive assistant for 7 different executives, I found the work environment very easy to work in with very little distractions so I was able to get all of my work done. My co-workers were always traveling so there weren't that many people in the office on a constant basis. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines and completing action items, but with little to no distractions I was able to complete everything whenever necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people and make sure their job was easier based on the assignments I needed to complete for them.
Pros
free lunches and food and drinks in the office. great benefits and a 401K
Cons
My position was never secure, They had to lay off 40% of corporate office and I was a part of that 40%, also a very long drive from where I lived, Sometimes it got lonely in the office because i as usually the only one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Sands. Our community is ready to answer.

Preferred Sands Reviews by Location