Preferred Therapy Solutions Employee Reviews

Focused on productivty and numbers
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJune 21, 2018
This company is going downhill fast. All management cares about is productivity and numbers. They want you to do all of these things they specify as "unbillable time" such as screens and writing an eval, but then question productivity if it falls below a certain percentage. The company touts itself as being "run by therapists" but if so, these are people that have not been treating patients in years....that is the only explanation for people that expect you to do all of this "unbillable time" work off the clock. I have a professional degree and when I want to volunteer my time, it is for a cause of my choosing, NOT to do for an essential part of my job.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, focus only on numbers and productivity rather than on patient care
Good Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 7, 2018
Company is willing to work with you and wants what is best for the patients. Isn't just about the numbers. Good compensation and friendly staff for the most part.
Pros
Compensation, flexibility, Pto
Cons
Rehab directors seem to get cycled through quite often
Not enough hours when you are PRN
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 30, 2018
Unfortunately when you are PRN you are first to be chopped when census is low. This makes it hard to work in facility on consistent basis. The facility is great when I can work there.
After >20 years in the field, PTS is the company that cares about ME.
SLP (Current Employee) –  MaineMarch 19, 2018
I've been working in SNFs since before PPS, so have a good amount of experience (full-time, and PRN) with many companies. PTS is superb. I travel, so I can honestly say that they have great RDs, and also regional managers who support their staff therapists. I've met the president of PTS. She is a PT. SHE CARES. About you. About your patients. This company really seems to support new grads and therapists early in their careers. As an employee, I feel supported and empowered to grow my clinical skills. As a therapist who doesn't prefer to hop around jobs, I don't intend to leave this company who clearly cares about me.
Pros
therapist-run company. decent benefits. 401K for any employee, even PRN. No company-wide salary freezes.
Cons
Company does not offer paid 15- minute smoking breaks.
Great Company
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMarch 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Preferred Therapy Solutions. Great company to work for and great people at the company. All very professional. I would recommend working at Preferred
New Culture Needed
Skilled Nursing Facility - Rehabilitation Director (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Factory system Rehab Dept with poor management in Corporate. Building was run poorly and failing and expectations were too high based upon clientele and support staff in place prior to start.
Supportive staff and management
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 18, 2017
Supportive staff and management! Great PTO benefits! Very flexible hours and wonderful regional manager ! Supportive work environment, love working for this company!
Pros
Pay, very supportive staff, supportive management
Positive Work Environment
Per Diem Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTNovember 28, 2017
Positive Work environment; supportive and laid back rehab director; staff and facilities are very nice to work with on a daily basis; not stressed about minutes at alll
Fun place to work
PTA (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 3, 2017
The place i work at is fun, quick pace, and everyone loves their jobs. My manager is awesome and really makes being at work fun. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to help my patients and not give up on them.
Pros
PTO time
Great Therapy Department
Traveling Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAJuly 3, 2017
PTS is a good therapy company that provides great support to its clinicians. PTS is an ethical company with heavy emphasis on documentation and compliance with medicare guidelines.
Grandfathered In With 8-weeks PTO
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  CTJune 1, 2017
PTS offers some of the best PTO in the industry as well as average 401k and medical plans. Pay scale is average to above average depending on how well you negotiate, however raises are next-to-none. As a whole, the company itself doesn't show much for employee appreciation, however if you can do without a party around the holidays or anything else from corporate, you will be happy with a flexible work schedule.
Cota
Part time and Per-Diem shifts (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMay 22, 2017
worked per diem.
Pleasant co workers with nice communication and notificationtion of required responsibilities. Always responded to questions. CEU available
Working on your own
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMarch 18, 2017
Management lets you work by yourself unless they are needed. I find that I have 2 managers and sometimes I get micro managed. Not always sure where I need to go.

Learned a lot of excel from manager.

Hardest thing is climbing the stairs in the morning.
Pros
Self managed
Cons
hours and no elevator. Office is on second floor.
Multi-tasking job
Payroll/ Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTFebruary 2, 2017
Multi-line phone, e-mails, word, and excel
great job
nice boss
Trained new employees
Processed payroll
Processed payroll errors
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
No paid lunch break
Rare employer where individuals still matter
physical therapist (Current Employee) –  hartford county, CTApril 19, 2016
Preferred is a different kind of therapy management company. They are real people, with real expectations, and understand therapists. there is good work/life balance and flexibility and the company just continues to grow. Clients love the comprehensive service offered and therapists enjoy feeling valued.
Pros
Company stability, balance of work/life, energy of management
Cons
typical medical benefits package, but other benefits are above avergae
great staff
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abington, MAOctober 23, 2015
I enjoy being able to go between the different buildings that Preferred is in as a per diem employee. The staff in all of the buildings are nice and easy to work with. The patients are all different levels of care making each day different.
Pros
great staff to work with - good locations
Cons
not too many hours
Learned alot.
Director of Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee) –  Oriskany,NYAugust 27, 2015
PTS has taught me so much about the business management part of Rehabilitation. It is a company that strives to educate and bring out the best therapist in you.
Pros
Fun Place to work supportive staff
Cons
short breaks and work long hours
great company
Rehab Director-Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  glen fallsDecember 9, 2014
Leading in the industry of rehab and patient care. Continues to gain knowledge and expand programs to suite the communities. Great company with ability to offer various continued education and clinical growth.
Great Staff to work with.
Per Diem Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHNovember 30, 2014
Hours vary with the census. Very cohesive and caring staff. Rehab manager cares for her team. Nice place to work. The population is mostly age 50 and above. Diagnoses range from orthopaedic, cardiac, pulmonary, amputations, etc. Use modalities such as diathermy, estim, iontophoresis. PAM certification is helpful at this facility.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Productivity and varying hours depending on census
Caring and hard working staff who support each other on and off the job.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 19, 2014
I learned new applications of modalities, documentation on computerized system, and flexibility of treating patients on multiple disciplines.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Limited treatment space

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Therapy Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Preferred Therapy Solutions Reviews by Location