Preferred Therapy Solutions

Preferred Therapy Solutions Employee Reviews

I’ve worked for many rehabilitation companies in SNF/LTC settings, and I can easily say that PTS is leaps and bounds better than all rehab companies I’ve worked for, and know about. It’s Family!
Pros
The people!
Cons
The usuals I guess. Pick
Had a great rehab dept & rehab director. We enjoyed working together and had a good time while working. Company, managers, regionals really try to acknowledge employees and make it feel different from other companies. pdpm hit therapy hard, lots of changes in the past year along w covid but nothing specific to PTS. Salaries arent the highest in the industry, but definately a better vibe than most therapy companies.
Pros
people, my team, mgr
Cons
salary is pretty middle of the road
PTS is one of the worst rehab companies I've worked for. Pay is below average. They do however give chances to assistants to become directors. Benefits are horrible. Management is horrible, from DOR, to the regional, to corporate, the absolute worst!
Pros
it's a job!
Cons
Everything!
Unrealistic expectations for all positions on the front lines of this company. Therapists are expected to initiate standardized tests on their evaluation, but at the same time keep their eval time to 15 minutes. That’s doesn’t even make sense. There was a blind eye turned to issues with fraudulent billing when it was brought to senior management.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Healthcare, no job security, burnout
Very catty work environment. Fellow therapists and even the DOR would talk badly about staff members behind their back. Productivity was their #1 concern and we only heard from or saw upper management when we were doing something wrong. Constantly pressured from DOR to see patients that were not appropriate for skilled therapy. I was constantly stressed and felt that I wasn't doing anything good enough. They hire so many therapists that you rarely work full time hours. Leaving Preferred was the best thing that has happened in my career so far.
Pros
pay
Cons
awful co workers/management
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I worked for Preferred Therapy Solutions out of a Rehab facility in Milford CT for 8 years. I liked the teamwork and support of my rehab team. I felt that management was supportive and assisted me whenever needed. This company was VERY supportive and accommodating of my needs during extremely chaotic and trying times. An excellent company to work for.
Pros
Flexible hours, good team environment
Cons
Limited salary increases, not every year
As a Per Diem PTA employee, I was able to see the many professionals within the Rehabilitation departments. The Rehab staff are great! Their managers are "Top Notch" A big- hearted company; a caring community held together by hardworking, humble people! Keep up the good work!
Management more concerned with productivity and wanted to put people on caseload that would not improve or would not be able to participate in therapy. Management mainly out of state and they would come to sites and want to sit with out and nit pick every detail and then keep us from being productive.
I am impressed by the company's continual efforts in keeping up to date with best practices, as well as with Medicare and Medicaid policies, and in keeping their staff informed of such updates. A personal challenge that I have had with this employer is trying to attain an 85% level of productivity (i.e. direct patient care time) while trying to meet their standards in documentation within their current system. It is difficult to attain one without compromising the other. Otherwise, a great employer.
They give good amount of PTO, but don't try to use it if you get sick. They want at least 2 weeks notice. They'll give it to you but may even write you up for it. The Regional managers and higher appear to get that status from knowing people rather than having education, professionalism or experience. Bottom line is to make money.
Good team environment between interdisciplinary team members. Fair wages with ability to move up the ladder. Management is supportive and available to assist at all times.
Small administrative office with a nice group of co-workers. All office workers were involved in the billing process for the different therapy offices.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not all holidays were automatically given, Staff had to rotate working part of the day on some holidays, This information was not provided during the interview process.
here is a company that I has unrealistic expectations for productivity no matter how hard you try it's never good enough. Corporate would come down every few months tell us how bad we are doing regarding productivity and documentation no matter how good it was. Patients and employees mean nothing to this company.
They overwork you and don’t show appreciation. .They promise you full-time position then They cut your hours unexpectedly and expect you to work the same amount that you were doing before with cut hours.
I was Manager initially 6mos, moved to another state picked up PD at rate above. Left last year because travelling was not a paid incentive (60miles)Overall the staff in all facilities were very good to work with
Great experience Great people Ethical Leaders in the field Fun Supportive Passionate Growth potential Therapist owned Innovative Trust worthy Highly recommend
Their clinical team puts alot of effort into education, resulting in becoming a better clinician. The benefits are good and we receive raises, although small, annually.
Pros
They actually let you use your pto.
Cons
Working weekends and floating to different centers
This is an excellent company to work for that fully supports keeping the work/life balance. There are opportunities to climb the clinical ladder through promotion and programs within the company. They support clinical education and promoting from within.
team works together well, due to PDPM all hrs at being cut from 40-30 a week to save 10 ppls jobs from being lost. this is a creative solution to keep the team together.
Pros
26 days of vacation
Cons
have not gotten a reveiw in 3 year
I love working at Preferred Therapy. Staff is great and helpful. There is alot of opportunity for learning. Plenty of supplies available to work with. Health benefits not so great.
One thing I have to say is I loved my team and coworkers like family! As far as the company goes the pay raises suck and they treat you unfairly with having to travel to get your hours and if you don’t to travel they cut your hours. I went above and beyond and never felt appreciated. It’s a bitter sweet thing that I had to love on.