Preferred Therapy Solutions Employee Reviews

85% Productivity
Per diem (Current Employee) –  Westerly, RIOctober 23, 2018
Fair for the type of Insurance sources at the facility. Fair management for per diem staff. Colleagues are supportive and informative of needs. Patient care comes first.
Cons
Internet connection not available throughout facility, point of service very difficult
A company that strives for excellence
Director of Rehab (Skilled Nursing Facility) (Current Employee) –  Maywood, NJSeptember 5, 2018
PTS is a great company to work, especially for those interested in geriatrics. They offer therapists many tools and resources to gain skills that will last throughout ones career. This is a company started by therapists, and run by therapists. PTS make their patients and employees their number 1 priority!
Pros
CEU allowances, flexible scheduling, great learning experiences
Cons
Tbd
After >20 years in the field, PTS is the company that cares about ME.
SLP (Current Employee) –  MaineMarch 19, 2018
I've been working in SNFs since before PPS, so have a good amount of experience (full-time, and PRN) with many companies. PTS is superb. I travel, so I can honestly say that they have great RDs, and also regional managers who support their staff therapists. I've met the president of PTS. She is a PT. SHE CARES. About you. About your patients. This company really seems to support new grads and therapists early in their careers. As an employee, I feel supported and empowered to grow my clinical skills. As a therapist who doesn't prefer to hop around jobs, I don't intend to leave this company who clearly cares about me.
Pros
therapist-run company. decent benefits. 401K for any employee, even PRN. No company-wide salary freezes.
Cons
Company does not offer paid 15- minute smoking breaks.
Focused on productivty and numbers
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJune 21, 2018
This company is going downhill fast. All management cares about is productivity and numbers. They want you to do all of these things they specify as "unbillable time" such as screens and writing an eval, but then question productivity if it falls below a certain percentage. The company touts itself as being "run by therapists" but if so, these are people that have not been treating patients in years....that is the only explanation for people that expect you to do all of this "unbillable time" work off the clock. I have a professional degree and when I want to volunteer my time, it is for a cause of my choosing, NOT to do for an essential part of my job.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, focus only on numbers and productivity rather than on patient care
Good Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 7, 2018
Company is willing to work with you and wants what is best for the patients. Isn't just about the numbers. Good compensation and friendly staff for the most part.
Pros
Compensation, flexibility, Pto
Cons
Rehab directors seem to get cycled through quite often
Offers 401k to per diem employees!
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 21, 2018
Good company to work for, would recommend to a friend. Wish they had job opportunities in Syracuse area because I would be working for them full-time.
Supportive staff and management
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 18, 2017
Supportive staff and management! Great PTO benefits! Very flexible hours and wonderful regional manager ! Supportive work environment, love working for this company!
Pros
Pay, very supportive staff, supportive management
Great entry level positions
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJune 18, 2018
Great company to start with for entry level positions (COTA, PTA, OT, PT, SLP). Friendly and took the time to accustom me to the field. Company contracted in buildings, so there is a chance you might get sent elsewhere though its rare everyone is friendly and helpful.
Not enough hours when you are PRN
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 30, 2018
Unfortunately when you are PRN you are first to be chopped when census is low. This makes it hard to work in facility on consistent basis. The facility is great when I can work there.
New Culture Needed
Skilled Nursing Facility - Rehabilitation Director (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Factory system Rehab Dept with poor management in Corporate. Building was run poorly and failing and expectations were too high based upon clientele and support staff in place prior to start.
Rare employer where individuals still matter
physical therapist (Current Employee) –  hartford county, CTApril 19, 2016
Preferred is a different kind of therapy management company. They are real people, with real expectations, and understand therapists. there is good work/life balance and flexibility and the company just continues to grow. Clients love the comprehensive service offered and therapists enjoy feeling valued.
Pros
Company stability, balance of work/life, energy of management
Cons
typical medical benefits package, but other benefits are above avergae
Great Company
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMarch 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Preferred Therapy Solutions. Great company to work for and great people at the company. All very professional. I would recommend working at Preferred
Grandfathered In With 8-weeks PTO
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  CTJune 1, 2017
PTS offers some of the best PTO in the industry as well as average 401k and medical plans. Pay scale is average to above average depending on how well you negotiate, however raises are next-to-none. As a whole, the company itself doesn't show much for employee appreciation, however if you can do without a party around the holidays or anything else from corporate, you will be happy with a flexible work schedule.
Productive and fun
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 13, 2013
l learned the benefits and how to use the e-stim to increase independence. I learned some management tasks and performed them during the Team's leader absence. I learned how to collaborate with the patient, families, nursing, and the rehab team in order promote the patient to his or her highest optimal level of independence.

The most enjoyable part of my day, was helping my patient reach his or her goal.

The hardest part of my day was staying within the patient alloted time for rehab.

My job requires patience and encouragement in order for the patient to succeed. You also need a good rehab team including the M.D and the nursing staff.
Pros
6 weeks of PTO
Cons
no paid lunch
Learned alot.
Director of Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee) –  Oriskany,NYAugust 27, 2015
PTS has taught me so much about the business management part of Rehabilitation. It is a company that strives to educate and bring out the best therapist in you.
Pros
Fun Place to work supportive staff
Cons
short breaks and work long hours
Positive Work Environment
Per Diem Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTNovember 28, 2017
Positive Work environment; supportive and laid back rehab director; staff and facilities are very nice to work with on a daily basis; not stressed about minutes at alll
Working on your own
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTMarch 18, 2017
Management lets you work by yourself unless they are needed. I find that I have 2 managers and sometimes I get micro managed. Not always sure where I need to go.

Learned a lot of excel from manager.

Hardest thing is climbing the stairs in the morning.
Pros
Self managed
Cons
hours and no elevator. Office is on second floor.
Great staff
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Nassau CountyMay 19, 2014
Love management, take good care of there staff and love the residents as well
cota/l
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 13, 2014
cota duties includig splinting management…and working with hudson home chairs to implement safe seating
Fun place to work
PTA (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTAugust 3, 2017
The place i work at is fun, quick pace, and everyone loves their jobs. My manager is awesome and really makes being at work fun. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to help my patients and not give up on them.
Pros
PTO time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preferred Therapy Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2