Preferred Wireless Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Unreachable goals, bad commission structure
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Northeast OhioJuly 17, 2018
They say you can do everything a corporate sprint employee can do, yet they pay you less. Commission structure is set up to fail. Every person in your store has to have a great month in order to get paid. Management constantly nags you and tell you your a bad at sales, yet won’t show you how to get better. I’ve been here for almost a year and the word “promotion” has not been said once by the 4 (yes 4) managers I’ve had.
Pros
Slight discount on plans
Cons
Minimum wage, bad management, slow days
SoSo
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJune 25, 2018
Upper mgt was not consistent, but they did provide good training. for the most part, i did enjoy working at Preferred Wireless. I enjoyed working with the customers.
Pros
pay
Cons
long hrs
Poor management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2018
I was fired for something I didn't do. Someone stole my credentials and fraudulently bought and sold products and returned them for cash. When approached I was told I was being fired and wasn't even given a chance to defend myself. My district manager always acted like he'd have my back and made it seem like we were cool not only on a work level but a personal level as well. Then let me go without defending my case. Nobody in this company can be trusted.
Pros
Not a thing.
Cons
Sketchy HR/Management.
Amazing Company to work for...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 15, 2018
Very good company to work for, they are very family oriented and respectful to all of their employees. They are one of the greatest companies that I have ever worked for. I was sad that they sold the company to Allied Communications.
Pros
Lunch on them all the time
Cons
Sometimes traffic can be slow
Child's play at best
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 14, 2018
I think its fun to see how the reviews from 2014 are about the great pay, and you slowly see it go away. Very accurate example of the companies apparent decline. Terrible pay plan. If you are a closer looking to find a good living, this isnt the spot for you. Management is mediocre.
Pros
Can not think of one.
Cons
Terrible hours when considering the compensation, Sprint also doesnt deliver on their promises so customer issues run rampant.
Poor sales culture, Poor
Sales (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 21, 2018
If you like committing to bad sales practices, minimum wage, monthly sales incentives that are unreasonable for most stores. Apply at Preffered Wireless!
Pros
PTO carries over year to year
Cons
Healthcare is laughable, Quotas for smaller stores are unachievable, No discounts, store goals are near impossible to meet for smaller stores.
Great company, excellent management in Michigan
Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 5, 2018
If you want a company that cares about your success and growth look no further. They have an outstanding training program. Excellent back office! You have all the tools to be successful!! Owners take care of everyone!!! They know with out us they don’t have a business!!!
Pros
Work, life balance
Cons
Alittle higher pay
Not for everyone. Pay structure is a joke.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 8, 2017
I worked at 5 different locations over the years. When I first started, I made great money (a couple thousand dollars a month in commission alone) but the more successful you are, the harder they make it for you to be successful. The company pays you a base hourly wage and you get commission that fluctuates according to your gross profit and the goals that you hit. In theory, this would be beneficial to someone who thrives in a competitive commission sales environment, and enjoys getting compensated for working hard and being successful at sales. However, this is unfortunately, not the case in practice. If you are lucky enough to work at a busier location, you have the opportunity to make a higher volume of sales and if you are good at it, you could potentially make great money. The sad thing is that every time the sales staff begins thriving in a new structure, upper management changes the structure so that the company gets that profit instead. I saw it happen time and again while working there for several years. If you are unlucky, and work at a slow location, your goals are unreachable period, and you will work for peanuts while getting browbeat for not "squeezing water from stone". Also, the environment fosters a cut-throat atmosphere where sales people are constantly snaking sales from one another. Management competency varies from store to store, but in general they are ineffective at best, and a liability at worst. If you are a person in your early 20's with no kids, and don't have a ton of bills and/or responsibilities, you can gain some decent sales experience, but  more... be prepared to work for your hourly wage and don't count on your commission for anything other than a "bonus". The one thing I can say, is that they do promote from within, and it is fairly easy to work your way up to management, especially if you are willing to relocate.  less
Pros
Promote from within. Opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Poor pay structure. Environment is stressful.
great people to work with
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 10, 2017
sales expectations for a dead location in the middle of no where are ridiculous. constantly changing pay structure and as soon as you think you are safe for the month they change a sales requirement after the month is over and write you up for not hitting it the previous month. also if your not careful other workers will steal your sales.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
depending on location little to no customer traffic, but same expectation to hit sales as a larger store.
constant change and expectation change
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 8, 2017
the corporate office is very helpful and laid back. the District managers have various experience so he training and expectations changes from person to person
Pros
employees
Cons
schedule
A typical cell phone store
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 21, 2017
Waiting on customers. They took service and repair away, so that's a plus. Selling phones to people that walk into the door. Asking questions making sure they get into the right device. Selling accessories with every phone and pitching them to every person that you talk to. Close up, clean , cash out. Commission on the phones you sell if you hit your numbers, and swing bonus if you hit the key points of interests for that month. But those are positive or negative if you miss them they will go against you and your commission check will take damage and there is no way around it. So you will lose hundreds if you don't hit them.
Pros
Commission checks
Cons
Commission checks
Fun workplace, great people to work with
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHMarch 21, 2017
I loved the company, salary was undesirable with a growing family. Hours were hard to keep up with while trying to balance college and family life. Great people to work with. Did not receive promotion that was promised.
Pros
Co-workers, bosses.
Cons
Non-set hours, pay.
Great people to work with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, OHMay 25, 2016
The company has so many great people working for it. Everyone is friendly and helpful, no matter what you need. A lot of opportunity to grow from within the company.
Pros
great people, good pay
sales consultant
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJune 1, 2015
Great company to work for! I love the higher management and how we are compensated. Commission is great and flexible schedules
Great place to work but a smaller company with little room for advancement
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickerington, OHApril 18, 2014
I have enjoyed me working for this company, however it is time for me to move on in life. Need to get on the path for a serious career.
good family owned business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 7, 2013
only down fall was it was a cell phone carrier through another smaller carrier
Fun environment
Sales Rep/Technician for Sprint (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 6, 2013
Small team of individuals that was very knowledgeable, hands on, and professional. We dealt with all the issues in house, treated each other as management type.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Advancement
Dishonest
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOJanuary 14, 2013
Very Dishonest folks running this organization. Low ethical practices
Poor MGMT
Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOJanuary 14, 2013
Not a great work enviroment the people who run this small company are dishonest and dont treat there people well