Pregis

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

New start up

So Pregis has a new start up on Arlington. They are hiring for 3, 8 hour shifts for now. But they will transition into. 2-2-3 schedule, with 4 rotating shifts. So if your thinking only of working an 8 hour shift that’s not going to happen. Also if you work overtime during a week and you get paid the next week you won’t get you overtime pay until the following week they hold it for two weeks your OT. The customer they serve is the busiest delivery company that delivers 7 days a week.

Tug driver is put on nights after one full day of training your told to make room for new product no help its horrific dont work here

You will be left on nights alone after no training. You will be forced to go at the pace of the machines and its not slow. They expect you to make room for stock and shipping items with no put away stratagy. There is no organization and dont even think about asking for help. This place will not stay running with there current additude it is a manure show. Tug operator is one of the worst jobs i have ever had. Good luck to anyone that goes to work in this huge whole they literally average 1 person quiting a week.

Pros

Cons

Lack of pay no lunch no organization no management at night which is where you will start off

Start Up Warehouse with Caring Culture

Currently a start up warehouse in Arlington, TX where you have the ability to learn and grow. Overtime is available most weeks as hiring is still happening, but management is doing its best to make the culture and work balance its best until staffing levels off. Lunch is provided often and breaks are given. Its a beautiful new facility with a diverse, positive culture.

Pros

Free lunches and caring leadership

Good Job

A good job, good exercise you're constantly moving and doing something. Coworkers are nice and the environment overall seems pretty laid-back. Very repetivive but easy work.

Awesome ppl great work environment if I had the chance to work there again I would love to The pay was great the work was easy and laid-back type of building everyone got along great

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Fast paced constant push

If you like crawling into ovens at 134 degree high humidity hacking at foam while it is emitting butane...thats right..lighter fluid...this is the place for you. You won't be given respirators..just keep going till you crawl out and vomit..then go back at it. And if you do the RTO read the warning labels on the bags..thats right.causes cancer. Bit don't worry they will give you cheap masks if you demand one

Pros

Money and lots of mandatory obertime

Cons

Cater to big customers. Last minute orders mean theyre on you to push

The place was okay I wish I was still there

The time I was there it was okay...and just when I start to learn more of the machine they let the lead operator of 18 years go cause of something I don't know now

Steady pace and always something to do

The Pregis plant I worked at doesn’t have an HR dept. onsite so for any type of controversial issues that arise which Human Resources would be responsible for handling and that I truly believe was my demise. Other than that the place is one the best places to work in that area.

Always busy, good place to start out

I worked with various machines and assisted other employees when needed. You should be very team oriented to work at this establishment, since safety is a big thing.

Lots of work in many areas

Work is challenging and fast paced. Good work environment with competitive wages. Must work six days a week though which can be taxing. Bilingual in spanish is preferred.

Pros

Plenty of hours

Cons

Six days a week.

Decent place to work for

I worked during a growing phase for this company and it became stressful but the overall work environment wasn't hard and you have decent training and decent hours

Sucks.. and its hot

Management just lazy.. from the front offices on dwn to the floor. Its hot 120 degrees and they want you to work everyday like you ain't got no family no that's not acceptable

Great time working there

Started as an assembler and was promoted to QC. Workload was not bad and was laidback. Management was mediocre but job culture was great. Pregis is a great company. There are things they needed to work on such as management but that’s any other place. From what I can tell is that they give raises according to performance. If you do your job correctly then you will get a raise.

I enjoy the team and the work. The hours and the time off schedule is great. Like many companies it has it's share of issues but as a whole this is a great company to work for.

packer

I would go in to work than fine what I'm doing that night on what machine I'm on. The hardest part of the job is not know what you are doing before hand. The people are the most enjoyable part.

Disheartening

I have worked at this Plant, currently owned by Pregis, for 31 years. The working conditions have deteriorated rapidly under Pregis management. I have always felt that we have one of the best Plants around our area. The work used to be enjoyable and all employees were friendly. I used to recommend working here but not anymore. The equipment and machines are rundown and safety is a big concern. We currently don't have enough employees to get the job done safely or correctly. Things have changed so much over the years and I've still got several years to go before being able to retire. This is the first time I've felt like our jobs are in jeopardy under current management.

Pros

We get a $25 gift card at Christmas

Cons

Management that doesn't care about our future

Management was unprofessional.

So the job itself isn’t too awfully bad, I enjoy working with my team (the actual workers on the floor). Management was never on the floor, that’s including the supervisor, and they always expected more from us without actually being a part of the team. The place is divided with salary workers and hourly workers. The job itself isn’t too bad, as long as management didn’t come down on us for certain issues with the foam that is beyond our control. We go above and beyond without help from them, only to get chewed out for not fulfilling the task at hand, with short amount of people.

Pros

The floor workers are cool, they make it a little more bearable.

Cons

Management is so bad at pregis

Dynamic and challenging workplace. Very rewarding.

Pregis is a great company to work for. The team atmosphere and fast paced nature of the field leads to a very rewarding feeling, following projects through to completion.

Great Company

Everyone seems to work well with one another. Great management and corporate leadership. Training is important to the company and making sure everyone is knowledgeable of products.

not climate control

too hot, great working conditions considering the heat. Breaks allowed and not really monitored. Safety is a big deal and always went accident free and could count on a monthly meal plus recognition. Every year you had a company picnic most of the time ee;s picked the location.

Unrealistic expectations

It is mandatory to work 6-7 days a week from 7 am until the job is completed. Most days, that is 8pm. We have stayed as late as 10pm and have been expected to come in the next day at 7. There are paid holidays posted but that does not mean you get the day off. You still work, you just get holiday pay. Upper management does not step foot at the warehouse and they come to ridiculous conclusions on how it should e ran and overseen despite not having worked there. Morale is low. Workers are treated horribly. Almost the entire shipping team has turned over the last couple months. The rentention at this location is non existent in any department.

Pros

The low level employees you work with make the day go by easier.

Cons

Not fairly compensated for the work you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pregis. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Pregis
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?