Premier Disability Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Challenging but Fulfilling
Pre-Hearing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 27, 2019
If you enjoy working in a team environment, this is the job for you. While it can be stressful at times, you are constantly reminded that you are actually making a difference in a person's life. In my time working here, I have gained a wealth of knowledge that will continue to benefit me in my future endeavors.
Pros
Monthly late graces, health insurance options
Cons
Limited parking, noisy environment
Fun place to work with unique benefits
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2019
Premier offers a unique environment which encourages interaction among departments and staff including an awesome Halloween Party and a Holiday/Anniversary Party. Every Friday staff are encouraged to dress in different "spirit" categories.

The dress code is relaxed and the company offers partially subsidised clothing sales offering tee shirts and hoodies with the company logo at a low price.

I would like to see more inter-departmental training but the the thing that stands out the most for me is that I truly feel like I am making a difference by helping people who need it.
Pros
Helping people, culture of company
Cons
Not retaining wages vertically across departments
Relaxed Environment for a high stress type of postition
INTAKE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 25, 2019
Overall, training was not too extensive, and it provided me with good information to do my job correctly. When training was over, I was left to my own devices to do my work to the best of my ability and could ask questions if needed.
Pros
Free lunches during training, and low cost lunches catered in
Cons
Short breaks, and you must work at least 6 months to have more benefits to the job
A great and friendly work environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2019
Premier treats it's staff in a kind and proffesional way. It might not be a forever job, but the co-workers and the assistance you're able to provide people in need make it worth while.
Pros
Pto, benefits, etc.
Cons
401k doesn't match what you put into it
The stress and favoritism is real
Pre Hearing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 20, 2019
The supervisors have their favorites and you can tell. They are treated better, get awards, and don't get in trouble for not doing their job properly and not following the dress code or other company policies. I've had to argue multiple times with my supervisors to prove I'm right. Now the clients can be very rude. Some are super nice but there are a lot that yell at you over the phone for something that you didn't do. All the supervisors and directors care about are numbers. When I started they were focused on helping clients more than anything. The company is taking on too many clients and they don't have enough employees to cover since people keep quitting. They don't seem to value their employees in the pre hearing department. Too much work for too little pay.
Pros
Cheap lunches, 3 breaks
Cons
Stress, Favoritism, Too many clients not enough employees, Low pay
Wonderful company
Senior Pre-Hearing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 18, 2019
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls all day. I would update a client's file and follow up with Social Security to get statuses. I get one day out of the phone queue to work on something else. I have learned a great deal about social security that I otherwise would never have learned. It is a great place to learn. The supervisors are very helpful and are very informative. My coworkers are great people and we all try to help one another. The hardest part about the job is having to deal with clients who are suffering and need their disability. There is only so much you can do to speed up the process, because everything is done at Social Security's pace. What I enjoy most about working here is the scheduling flexibility. If we have to make up time, it can be done usually within the work week. We have two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute break with no set times, as long as you do not combine all the breaks and take it before the last hour of your work schedule. Overall, if you enjoy working with great coworkers and helping people, this is the job for you!
Productive Work Place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 15, 2019
I worked for Premier as a case manager for about 6 months and the interaction with the clients majority of the time was amazing. I mean of course you have your usual upset clients but thats with every job. I must say the hours worked were great if you're someone like me who preferred a set schedule. There is hardly ever any opportunities for overtime & the pay is not great for all the work that must be learned and retained to do your job proficiently & effectively. You make about the same or a little more than the average cashier at McDonald's. They say you are eligible for a raise after 90 days which hardly happens. After that your pay will increase by $1.50 but its after 6 months of employment. After that each year of employment you only receive a $1 raise but you will understand how less of a difference that makes based from the starting wage until that point multiplied with the amount of work & stress that comes with the job. Also for the job to be so customer service orientated I personally didn't feel as though we always had clients best interest at heart. Sometimes things were often skipped over and passed onto the next person. The flexible make up time is a huge plus if you're ever needing to take a day off for Dr.'s appts or things like that. They also do have great holiday parties that are thrown with great food & raffles which is also a huge plus. Overall I would say premier is a good job if you're looking for sort of a stepping stone or needing to gain some more work experience. As a career choice I would not suggest it as there isn't much room for growth and the  more... pay does not increase that well.  less
Pros
Cheap lunches, Make up time
Cons
Low Pay
Negative Environment
Senior Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 16, 2019
- Favoritism is shown
- If you needed an question answer, they already expect you to know it, but never was taught/just needs a reminder
- Supervisor would get mad at the smallest mistake (accidentally wearing the wrong shirt)
Pros
Lunch provided at a small price, 3 breaks
Cons
Favoritism, Low Pay
Don't work here!
Disability Evaluation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 8, 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE! They treat their employees unfairly, many supervisors have favorites and if you are not a favorite, work is horrible!!!! They unfairly write people up. Find some reason to write you up.
Pros
Cons
Supervisors, Pay
A job that gets the job done
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNDecember 17, 2018
A typical day at work is showing up at your scheduled time and getting settled into your desk area. You make calls or answer calls to help clients fill out their application for disability benefits.

The job teaches you about different nuances of social security.

Management is helpful with answering questions and is understanding if you need to miss time as long as you make it up later.

Everyone is friendly and understanding due to the nature of the job being to help others.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Weekends off, Lunch Provided
Cons
Don't get all the federal holidays off
Fast Paced Call Center
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNDecember 17, 2018
At Premier, you are basically working in a call center as a Case Manager. You handle clients' Social Security claims from the very beginning through to the end. It is absolutely a stressful job, but the Supervisors in the PreHearing Case Management department were very supportive and helpful. Every Friday, there were Spirit Days where you dress up depending on the there of the day. They have a cafeteria in the building with meals very reasonably priced.
Pros
Lunch Provided, Pto, lots of training, great management
Cons
rude clients
Professionally-Fun workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNNovember 15, 2018
Definitely has its ups and downs - like any job would. Management in some departments are unprofessional. Overall, the work is easy, relaxed, rewarding. Nice staff within the company. CEO & COO are very genuine people.
Pros
Free lunches, work parties, jeans any day
Cons
Some departments prefer quantity over quality.
Great place to work!
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNNovember 5, 2018
Great company to work for. If you love helping people and want a job with a meaning than you will fit in right with the Premier family. I love my job and the people I work with. A lot of great perks such as paid community service day, company outings, paid time off, health benefits, and career advancements.
Pros
Several types of benefits offered
Relaxed
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2018
Enjoyable place to work with managers that help a lot. I reccomend this employer. Whenever I need something, or have a question, it's always answered.
A great place to work at.
hearing case manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 16, 2018
I love working at Premier Disability because it's a family setting. I love coming to work every morning with everybody smiling and greeting good morning. The management at Premier Disability is one of the best I've ever had to deal with. They are always there to help you never making you feel bad about your job and always welcoming new questions and concerns and to help each other out as a team. I also love the part how we help our community out.
Pros
I love that we have a very decent lunch menu at a fair price and always excellent coffee.
Cons
I do feel that our pay could go up just a little more.
Fun place to work
Disability evaluation specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 6, 2018
Very relaxed environment and love the option to work from home. When in the office I like that they provide good catered food for lunch. The management is awesome and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is getting people to go through with something they are scared to go with because they don't know if we are legit. The best part though is hearing the relief in their voice when we tell them we can help and we are going to do everything for them.
Cons
PTO must be accrued
Friendly Competitive environment
Disability Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNAugust 25, 2018
The managers are extremely friendly. I have yet to meet a manager I don't like. Although the job (as most other jobs) can be a bit monotonous at times, the managers and upper staff always find fun and interesting activities to keep the office lively and fun. The pay is pretty good and there are various ways to get a raise or a bonus if you need the extra cash. The best part of the job is the feeling of helping people and when people are so grateful for your assistance on the phone.
Pros
Decent Pay, Stable job, Friendly Managers, Good Coworkers, Work-at-home opportunity, Raises
Cons
Capped Commission
Excellent place to work
Ancillary benefits specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 22, 2018
Premier disabiliy offers a lot of perks to thier employees and is a fun and rewarding job. Management is supportive and thiers room for internal growth.
Benefits
Great Place to Work
Disability Evaluation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNAugust 21, 2018
I enjoy working with people and helping people and if you are also interested in helping people, this may be a good fit for you. They train you for your position that you are hired for. Management is great and very approachable with any needs you may have. I have learned so much in my current position about disability and SSI. My normal work day is on the phones with leads that have inquired for an evaluation and I assess through evaluation if we will be able to assist them further. There is some multi tasking involved and it is a rewarding job, which I find very enjoyable.
Pros
I finally Love my job
Pay rate is horrible for the amount of work and knowledge you have to retain and apply during the day
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2018
This place was a nice place to work for as far as atmosphere, pto given, management and some of the incentives. The pay is absolutely horrible!!!! I can not believe they pay what they do and that people actually stay there for the amount of information they expect you to learn. You have to learn a lot and i did learn a lot about disability/social secutity but for what was required to perform my job as a case manager and the work that i had to do with clients the pay was insulting! They have a high turn over rate because of the difficulty some departments jobs require and because of the pay. I would still be there and did like the job but can not live off of what they paid. It was again horrible and insulting.
Pros
Casual workplace, cheap lunches offered, pto
Cons
Payrate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Disability Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Premier Disability Services, LLC Reviews by Location