Premier Education Group Employee Reviews

Very relaxing place to work.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Amityville, New York.August 28, 2018
PEG this is a very good place to work, very friendly and familiar and reolaxing place to work. Not stressfull place to work. If you work there if like you work in your house.
Pros
Not any stress at all.
Cons
My job it was very boring you dont have any electronics machine to do your job, just the phone.
Intense and rutterless
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTAugust 8, 2018
The educational product was less important than profit and enrollment. There is almost no job security and humiliation is a part of the corporate culture
Pros
Boot Camp for Educators and Administrators
Cons
VERY high stress Company also does not pay its bills on time
must be disciplined
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 11, 2018
You must be focused and positive. Able to concentrate on positive phone calls and follow up. Listening skills are imperative to ensure good communication with potential interview. Helping people to achieve their goals and turn around negativity. It may take 150 calls to make one or two appointments. Positive attitude is very important.
Learning how to balance work and job performance is a skill in itself.
The hours, however, are long and I feel could be less and in return be more productive.
Aweful people
Student Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  East Haven, CT 06512July 10, 2018
This is the worst place i have ever worked. The job was easy and the pay was good. The people though and the boss were just awful. He had no clue what he was doing or how to manage people. everyone was friends or grew up together so if you weren't one of their clique you sat by yourself for lunch and at the holiday meals.
Pros
Cons
Coworkers
Medical Billing & Coding Instructor
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 4, 2018
Management is awful, one of the worst companies that I have ever worked for. Instructors are below underpaid comparing other schools that offer the same curriculum. The most enjoyable part of my job is my passion for the Medical/Health Insurance industry.
A Mess
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 1, 2018
My direct manager was great, smart and caring. Unfortunately, the company that owns this is not in state and have no pulse on what it means to run a school and only ever showed up to make cuts or crack a whip. Very sad as they were always reactive and students suffered even though we tried to keep it positive as best as possible.
Odd Work environment
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 24, 2018
The focus is to meet enrollment projections not the education of the students as I was originally led to believe; but I went back when my last employer went out of business and I had to work. The salary that was originally offered was good until I took the job and was told they couldn't meet my requirements.
instructor for medical assistance
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 24, 2018
My experience at this job has giving me the opportunity to help others. I was able to develop management and organizational skills. I enjoyed teaching others. The classes were for 3hr during the evening.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough time
Productive and compliant workplace
Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 1, 2018
The company is very compliant and adheres to the rules and regulations of the Department of Education.
They also promote excellent customer service to prospective students, current students, parents, faculty and staff.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Needs more opportunities for advancement
Reality Check
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 14, 2017
High turn around rate, staff is very cutthroat! Not enough training, you get an office with no computer and cold call leads most of the day- Your job performance is based on how many "students" you persuade to come in- They go so far as to say they can help you with a job to turn around and try to make you enroll in school!! Very deceiving. I was only there six months- Could not take the lying to innocent kids... DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
Right next to mall
Cons
Work hrs, lying to people, pay
Horrible Company,
Director of Career Services & Student Services (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 18, 2017
The School, is the worst, they do not serve the community Well. They are Just Collecting State funds, Horrible Campus Presidents, on every campus, Large offices in Conn, for Upper Management, Whereas the students, do not even received books.
Bad
Stay Away
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  SouthingtonNovember 3, 2017
Only concern of the school is to get students
registered, whether they can speak English or
not. Need to meet a certain enrollment
number for every department.
No raises in last three years.
Don't do it!!
Rochester (Former Employee) –  Malden, MAOctober 25, 2017
Started in 2013-resigned 2017. No raise x 3.5 years,most of the time no school supplies. Instructors BOUGHT paper. This place should be closed down. Very shady operation. Free straws for some administrators. Fellow instructors....ABUSED but LOVED most of them over 5ft 5in.
Pros
Students
Cons
Corporate, Campus Presidents x 8
work study program
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 21, 2017
Premier Education was a work study program, I assisted the career service department prepare for board meetings, research internet for job posting for student career service and other duties as assigned.
Pros
people were great, friendly and always willing to teach
Cons
it didn't give enough work hours
Toxic Work Environment due to Executive Level Management
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 9, 2017
Toxic Work Environment.

Senior management sets unrealistic goals, makes unreasonable demands and everyone is a number. It's all about money. Students are enrolled and set up for large debt and nothing in return. Its all about a dollar.

CEO and COO are narcissistic and clueless. Failures are at the top but blamed on the rank and file. Benefits are decreased year after year, no salty increases and promotions and perks are given to the chosen ones, which are typically the only ones who have advanced.
Pros
Co-workers for the most part were great people.
Cons
Management, stress, business model and un-reasonable expectations.
Run Away
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 22, 2017
Corporate office does not care about their employees or students. They only care for the MONEY they bring in!!
The students are not happy.
They don't pay bills for their campuses.
Corporate office make promises they don't keep.
No raises, no bonus when promised.

I enjoyed assisting the students and felt horrible for the experience they went through.
Pros
Helping Students and great coworkers
Cons
The job is a joke
Avoid at all costs, horrible management, toxic workplace
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 18, 2017
I literally ran out of there, I could no longer take the drama my immediate manager (whom doesn't have a college degree) created within the finance department. Surprised that the VP of Finance didn't have a degree and was allowed to have said title, especially from an instructional institution.

Too much drama and hostility within the fiance department that was encouraged by the manager. Just do yourself a favor STAY AWAY.
Pros
Some employees were nice, nice location.
Cons
almost everyhting
poor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTAugust 16, 2017
Not a promising company to work for. not very employee centric. they seem to be looking out for themselves more than the staff. Too many parts missing from the conversation.
Compnay seems uninterested in the education culture
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 10, 2017
Not impressed as a employee and how it continues to misguide and mistreat there employee which doesn't allow for and affective work environment. Most students are pleased with programs and how things are run
Run and Run fast !!!!
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 12, 2017
Shady shady shady and with a side of unethical. Breaks laws signs up students with no GED's or high school diploma's. Passes students thru even when they fail to collect financial aid. Turn over is a revolving door. Your best is never enough. They have weekly calls where if you don't place enough students they make fun of you in front of your colleagues . Management is a joke a bunch of uneducated fools. Worse job ever .....
Pros
I live to see another day
Cons
If you like being dishonest this is the place for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Education Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about