Premier Family Medical Employee Reviews

worst place ever to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTSeptember 26, 2018
They promise you the hours and set schedule then when hired they are wishy washy, didn't give the hours promised and the schedule wasn't set. Very unprofessional and the manager is fake as h-ll, they are two faced liars.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours, poor schedule, shady management
Reception, Admitting, Phone & Insurance
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTMay 28, 2018
Greet all patients and visitors with a friendly smile. Maintain an efficient work flow at the reception area. Schedule patient visits and maintain provider schedules in a timing matter verifying patients insurance information and obtain insurance authorizations. Answer a busy multi-line phone system scheduling appointments and sending notes to the doctor’s. Checking in, confirming and rescheduling patients appointments. Enter patient’s information (including demographic, insurance, and financial information) into appropriate computer systems. Doing Prior Authorizations for patients to their insurance company for medications and/or procedures. Faxing, scanning and organization of front office supplies/materials. Sending Prescriptions to the Pharmacy of patients choice that was prescribed by physician. Know Greenway & Centricity software
Pros
Love working with customers and staff
Cons
Some very late nights and weekend work I had some 12 hour days
its ok
Receptionist / Super User (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTMarch 26, 2018
Its a busy doctors office where you receive 100-600 calls a day. The job is easy but stressful at times. The pay is not worth the stress though. Patients can be hard to manage
Poor management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJanuary 27, 2018
Management is all over the place. Things are chaotic and unorganized. I’d recommend this to anyone who wants to work somewhere where you have to deal with all the offices issues. HR is not established, so you end up talking to people who are managers, and thus no problems get resolved. Training for new employees is done poorly and no one is on the same page. Some areas are so unorganized it’s embarassing.
Pros
Free lunch, relaxed, 401k, paid time off
Cons
Unorganized, poor management, poor training
Good environment
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Eagle Mountain, UTDecember 9, 2017
The workplace culture is great. The staff work well together and are nice. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with the staff. It is almost like a second family.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay is non-negotiable. Need to fight for hours.
Fast pace office , fun, enjoyable
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 11, 2017
This was a very fast paced office to work in. I really enjoyed that part of it because we were always moving and doing something. Getting to know and help patients was the best part. Learning from other MA's and the doctors was great.
Office Manager/Receptionist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTAugust 19, 2017
Premier is an amazing place to work with great physicians. Work environment is friendly and family oriented. The physicians are focused on patient care and care a lot for their patients and employees.
Medical Assistant front (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 21, 2016
Busy doctor office lots of work to do most of the time. I have a long commute so that gets annoying but the money is good. We see pediatric to geriatric so you get experience with all ages
Too much drama in the office
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 9, 2016
While working for this company I learned more from coworkers than i did the dr. Went to school for medical assisting and I learned more about front office. So much drama between the dr and employees. No office policies, never signed employee paperwork. Seems like the dr. was more concerned about bringing in money than she was the patients. no manager ran the office the dr. did. she relied on a medical assistants opinion on how to treat the patient.

I loved the interaction with the patients and learning new things in the office when the opportunity was there.
Busy and fast pace office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJanuary 7, 2016
On a typical day, we would see anywhere from 40-75 patients a day, depending on the day. I absolutely loved seeing patients and try to make them feel better.
I enjoyed working with the other medical assistants, felt some what left out being the "new girl" but I learned something new every single day.
The hardest part of the job was just trying to do everything right.
Pros
Learning new things, meeting new people
Cons
extremely fast pace, but not a bad thing
24 hour per day urgent care/family practice clinic
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2015
This was an urgent care clinic that was contracted with the MGM Grand hotel in Las Vegas Nevada to provide health care to employee's, dependents and urgent care for the guests. Management was excellent but found the physicians not well motivated. The mid-level providers(NP's and PA's) were a joy to work with and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts and the non stop work load. This clinic has closed.
Pros
Salary, PTO time is generous, insurance is paid
Cons
lacked team work
A fun environment to work!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTAugust 14, 2015
I enjoy taking plain film x-rays at Premier Family Medical. The staff is incredible and I enjoy who I work with. I feel we work well together as a team and try to help each other out.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays
Fun and great work place. Love the doctors that i work for.
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 27, 2015
I have been here almost 10 years and i feel dedicated and committed but feel like it is time to move on and gain knowledge and new skills at a new place of employment.
Pros
Great relationship with doctors and staff
Cons
Merged with a new company and felt like new administrator was not fair with raises and bonuses.
Poor management and lack of organization
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 13, 2015
My co-workers were amazing, they were all so kind, friendly, and so fun to work with, there were only a few that were rude and not very welcoming. The work environment was very stressful due to the lack of organization and not knowing where/who I would work with until the day I was scheduled to work. It was very difficult to plan my school, social life, other activities with no knowledge on my work schedule. I was promised a raise after a dedicated amount of time and when that time came and I confronted the management about it, they ignored it completely, I was not the only one. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to make patients happy and to help them where my scope of practice was available. I love being a medical assistant, but this company is more concerned about the quantity and not the quality of patient care.
Pros
occassional free lunches, friendly co-workers
Cons
poor management, tense atmosphere, lack of organization