Premier Health Employee Reviews

Do not work here unless you absolutely have to!
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHNovember 13, 2018
I worked in the nutrition department at Upper Valley for 3 years. For the first two years I worked nights and every weekend. I finally got every other weekend off, but I was still being put on nights, even though I had been begging for months for day shifts. New employees were given better wages and better hours than employees who had been there for years. The management at Upper Valley in nutrition services do not care about their hard working, faithful employees. The turnover rate is also fairly high for this position. Do not work here unless you absolutely need it because this place will stress you out.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Awful management, unfair shifts/hours
haha
Maderia Health Center (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHOctober 31, 2018
managers are lazy and that equals everybody else being lazy. plus most people whom work there are rude as can be. youll say good morning and theyll just look at you and walk by.
Worst decision of my life...
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHOctober 9, 2018
I worked for a very busy surgical office at Miami Valley Hospital North and at first I thought I had found my dream job. Then everyone around me quit their jobs and I began to wonder what was happening within our office. I quickly learned that our "team lead" was a bully who drove everyone out of the office, now including me. Our surgeons treated their patients like a paycheck too. They were not busy enough to order unnecessary and expensive testing but when a patient was diagnosed with cancer they could not be bothered to pick up the phone and call their patients...so sad. I would not want a medical assistant to call me with a cancer diagnosis, yet that is what they expect of you. Overworked, underpaid, and constantly belittled. I don't know how other Premier offices run but this just cannot be right.
Pros
Sometimes you get to make a difference in your patient's life.
Cons
Bullying co-workers, doctors who are unapproachable, unrealistic expectations with unrealistic time frames.
Too much stress for the pay.
Security (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Premier hires police who are in a holding pattern waiting for a "real" police department to hire them. As a result, there is a constant turnover in officers. Pay is so low, it's nearly impossible to keep good people. Those who remain are overly worked and stressed beyond reason.
Pros
It's a job with benefits
Cons
Working conditions are horrible
Preimer Health has been great.
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 18, 2018
This company cares about doing the right thing by it's co-workers. I would recommend Premier to anyone. Management is very understand and wants everyone to succeed.
Management does not live the AIDET they preach
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHSeptember 12, 2018
I have watch management preach AIDET and fail to live it day in and day out.. They focus on the few deficiencies rather than successes and blame vendors, clients, and staff. Horrible with real life humanity.
Pros
Great Success with preaching
Cons
Horrible about follow through, quick to blame the workers, rather than focusing on the decison makers
Being an assistant to RN and Team Leader
Assist RNs (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Assisting RNs with duties along with vitals, transferring/discharging patients, putting in orders for patients after surgery. The job is stressful, and busy but the help is needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job....
Urgent Care Nurse PRN (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70809August 25, 2018
working with other hard working women and men with one goal in mind and that is providing good, competent, nursing care for the the patients .Our managers are overall helpful and understanding.
Pros
Lunch included in work hours.
Cons
Doesn't get a lunch break.
Mainly focused on patients not as much on employees
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHAugust 15, 2018
Premier health does strive to have a safe environment for employees and patients. They are focused on providing quality care of their patients. Employee satisfaction doesn't seem to be one of their main focuses.
Pros
wages and salaries are some of the highest in the area
Cons
low staffed much of the time, sugar free campus
Premier is OK, but not good for long term
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 12, 2018
I'm writing this review from a PCT/CNA prospective at Atrium Medical Center.

The worst thing about this job is that my typical day is way too busy. It can be very exhausting. They expect a lot out of you. Some days are very manageable with 8-9 patients, while others will have you pulling your teeth out with 11-16 patients. Management does try to keep up with hiring and tries to give you a schedule you want/can work with. But sometimes you'll just be stuck with a lot of patients because someone called off and nobody is willing to come in. There is a lot of good with the bad, though. Vacation days accrue quickly, they offer part-time employees benefits (which is rare). They do TRY to make it a good work environment, I'll say that. Still, 12+ patients is too many. I feel there should be laws against this sort of thing. I have blisters on my feet that will not go away. That's not normal.

The PCs are other tech equipment are old and cheap. Sometimes the PCs just simply don't work, and IT only comes up if you submit a help desk ticket. In other words, there is 0 maintenance work done on the PCs.

Pay is around $13/hr. A little low, especially on days where you're running your butt off.

Also, I do really enjoy the staff members on my floor. Good teamwork!
Pros
Management willing to work with you on schedule, parttime benefits, vacation accrues quickly, good teamwork
Cons
Typically too many patients, unrealistic expectations with giving patients showers/bed baths
Ok place to work
IT Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2018
Company has went through many changes since 1988. Premier bought out Good Sam and took it to a whole new dimension. Good Sam has now been closed and I would like to pursue a new career path.
Pros
Good pay, location, and benefits
Cons
Multiple reorganizations since Premier took over
Coworkers and physicians were awesome. Management was beyond terrible
Front Dest Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 5, 2018
I would never work with the manager at premier family care of mason again. Out of all my years of employment she was the worst manager I’ve ever seen. Very disrespectful and never knew what she was doing or how to do things. If a new employee made a mistake you would think it was the end of the world by the way she acted.
Pros
The hours are very nice
Cons
Very poor management and unprofessional
Benefits
DIALYSIS RN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 31, 2018
Provide excellent benefits. Provide training for job required. Pay is low. they are organized and well suited for the Dayton area. Customer care does not seem to be at the top of the list.Not personable
would like to have more patients
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 30, 2018
not enough work to work with the patients , I've learned more professional work as a pca , the management is wonderful because I had the opportunity to work hrs that fit my schedule , the work place was good because I was able to travel to clients houses , the hardest part of this job was lifting , bending , and the most enjoyable part of this job was taking care of my patients
Pros
pick my own hrs
Cons
not enough hrs
Corporate environment
Patient Financial Services Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 9, 2018
No paid holidays, no raise for employees under Director status. Uncooperative management, no room for creativity. Cut throat work environment and difficult to be promoted.
Pros
Everything is computerized, promotes fitness
Cons
Short breaks and lunch, benefits are poor
System focus with Opportunities for Advancement
Family Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHJuly 3, 2018
A great Health system to learn, grow and advance. Provides opportunities for transferring between facilities, tuition reimbursement for continuing education. Executive Team is accessible.
Pros
Transfers within System
Cons
No tuition Reimbursement for Terminal Degree
Heartbroken about closing of Good Samaritan.
Patient Access Specialist, HUC/PCT (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 27, 2018
Definitely different from when I started back in 2011, since Premier Health took over. Miss the good old days. I'm going to miss the family atmosphere that we have. Great place to work considering.
Pros
Great staff at Good Sam.
Cons
They're closing. Now we see why we were always short of staff
Premier is a Good Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 22, 2018
I came to Premier to learn about the Health Care Industry. Premier is a very driven yet conservative company and aligns its activities toward accomplishing its strategic plan. Premier is a good employer and is a good place to work.
Nursing assistant/ huc
Nursing Assistant/ Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 13, 2018
I love the work I did a miami valley hospital. I learned a lot worked on many different floors. I was able to move around there, there was a lot of advancement there.
Good management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJune 6, 2018
Decent place to work pay is not the greatest but nothing seems to get done when it’s in dire need. Management is not the greatest in some departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Health. Our community is ready to answer.