Premier Health Employee Reviews

great place to learn
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 6, 2018
great place to advance your career, also great learning opportunities, free classes to advance careers, management often listens to us and make desirable changes as needed but there is a big overturn rate despite all of this due to crazy patient to nurse sometimes!
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
short breaks, patient to nurse ratio is bad, overturn rates on our unit
Poor culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 26, 2018
A poor culture that is driven by ineffective leaders and managers. Overall poor compensation and benefits. Extremely disappointing from one of the area's largest employers.
Corporate environment
Patient Financial Services Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 9, 2018
No paid holidays, no raise for employees under Director status. Uncooperative management, no room for creativity. Cut throat work environment and difficult to be promoted.
Pros
Everything is computerized, promotes fitness
Cons
Short breaks and lunch, benefits are poor
Relaxed
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHJanuary 5, 2019
Relaxed atmosphere. However, benefits are poor, you get job breaks other than 30 minute lunch. Very little room for advancement. Not enough communication with a confusing structure.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Poor benefits, pay, and communication. No breaks, lunch only.
Do not work here unless you absolutely have to!
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHNovember 13, 2018
I worked in the nutrition department at Upper Valley for 3 years. For the first two years I worked nights and every weekend. I finally got every other weekend off, but I was still being put on nights, even though I had been begging for months for day shifts. New employees were given better wages and better hours than employees who had been there for years. The management at Upper Valley in nutrition services do not care about their hard working, faithful employees. The turnover rate is also fairly high for this position. Do not work here unless you absolutely need it because this place will stress you out.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Awful management, unfair shifts/hours
Lots of changes this year at PHP
Graphic Design (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working with the MarComm corporate office on Main st. All the designers are contract, and very female dominated floor. I didn’t enjoy the lack of management within design team, it’s a day by day just get things done environment. The G manager, is unorganized, doesn’t reply to questions or emails, and lack of communication. The design team feels like a sorority house on whose who of the G manager favorites. Not professional. The other managers at MarComm we’re effective and more helpful.
Pros
Flexible Hours, nice people at Premier Corporate
Cons
Poor management, lack of communication within design and very old school on design.
Ok place to work
IT Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 11, 2018
Company has went through many changes since 1988. Premier bought out Good Sam and took it to a whole new dimension. Good Sam has now been closed and I would like to pursue a new career path.
Pros
Good pay, location, and benefits
Cons
Multiple reorganizations since Premier took over
Good company
Patient Accounts Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 3, 2018
Premier is a good company overall. They take your PTO and apply it to holidays which makes their benefit package non competitive. There are many opportunities within the company however unless you're in management, it may not be worth it in today's job market.
Pros
job security
Cons
sub par time off benefits
Premier is OK, but not good for long term
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHAugust 12, 2018
I'm writing this review from a PCT/CNA prospective at Atrium Medical Center.

The worst thing about this job is that my typical day is way too busy. It can be very exhausting. They expect a lot out of you. Some days are very manageable with 8-9 patients, while others will have you pulling your teeth out with 11-16 patients. Management does try to keep up with hiring and tries to give you a schedule you want/can work with. But sometimes you'll just be stuck with a lot of patients because someone called off and nobody is willing to come in. There is a lot of good with the bad, though. Vacation days accrue quickly, they offer part-time employees benefits (which is rare). They do TRY to make it a good work environment, I'll say that. Still, 12+ patients is too many. I feel there should be laws against this sort of thing. I have blisters on my feet that will not go away. That's not normal.

The PCs are other tech equipment are old and cheap. Sometimes the PCs just simply don't work, and IT only comes up if you submit a help desk ticket. In other words, there is 0 maintenance work done on the PCs.

Pay is around $13/hr. A little low, especially on days where you're running your butt off.

Also, I do really enjoy the staff members on my floor. Good teamwork!
Pros
Management willing to work with you on schedule, parttime benefits, vacation accrues quickly, good teamwork
Cons
Typically too many patients, unrealistic expectations with giving patients showers/bed baths
Too much stress for the pay.
Security (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Premier hires police who are in a holding pattern waiting for a "real" police department to hire them. As a result, there is a constant turnover in officers. Pay is so low, it's nearly impossible to keep good people. Those who remain are overly worked and stressed beyond reason.
Pros
It's a job with benefits
Cons
Working conditions are horrible
Management are snakes and so unfair
Q & A Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 20, 2019
Not a good place to work. People are leaving this place left and right. I would not recommend this to any of my friends or even enemies. I dont understand how management gets away with what they do
Pros
They have kobricks and marketplace
Cons
Management sucks
Management does not live the AIDET they preach
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHSeptember 12, 2018
I have watch management preach AIDET and fail to live it day in and day out.. They focus on the few deficiencies rather than successes and blame vendors, clients, and staff. Horrible with real life humanity.
Pros
Great Success with preaching
Cons
Horrible about follow through, quick to blame the workers, rather than focusing on the decison makers
Coworkers and physicians were awesome. Management was beyond terrible
Front Dest Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHAugust 5, 2018
I would never work with the manager at premier family care of mason again. Out of all my years of employment she was the worst manager I’ve ever seen. Very disrespectful and never knew what she was doing or how to do things. If a new employee made a mistake you would think it was the end of the world by the way she acted.
Pros
The hours are very nice
Cons
Very poor management and unprofessional
Productive, Compliance Focused, Employee Satisfaction Interested
Manager Employee Benefits/Retirement Services (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 19, 2017
In my position I was able to work in an area with others who were encouraged to perform to be and do their best without pressure. The management was focused on employee satisfaction and worked hard to provide a culture that achieved employee satisfaction.
The hardest part of my job was not being able to help an employee. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping employees, working with a team of motivated individuals and the completion of a project.
Pros
A stable employer, good salary and benefits.
Cons
Does not have strong retirement benefits.
would like to have more patients
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 30, 2018
not enough work to work with the patients , I've learned more professional work as a pca , the management is wonderful because I had the opportunity to work hrs that fit my schedule , the work place was good because I was able to travel to clients houses , the hardest part of this job was lifting , bending , and the most enjoyable part of this job was taking care of my patients
Pros
pick my own hrs
Cons
not enough hrs
Worst decision of my life...
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHOctober 9, 2018
I worked for a very busy surgical office at Miami Valley Hospital North and at first I thought I had found my dream job. Then everyone around me quit their jobs and I began to wonder what was happening within our office. I quickly learned that our "team lead" was a bully who drove everyone out of the office, now including me. Our surgeons treated their patients like a paycheck too. They were not busy enough to order unnecessary and expensive testing but when a patient was diagnosed with cancer they could not be bothered to pick up the phone and call their patients...so sad. I would not want a medical assistant to call me with a cancer diagnosis, yet that is what they expect of you. Overworked, underpaid, and constantly belittled. I don't know how other Premier offices run but this just cannot be right.
Pros
Sometimes you get to make a difference in your patient's life.
Cons
Bullying co-workers, doctors who are unapproachable, unrealistic expectations with unrealistic time frames.
It was ok
Environmental Tech (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 22, 2018
Premier health was a great job until the co-workers I’m other Departments was very rude and they need better management cause they had thought they was better then every one that worked there
System focus with Opportunities for Advancement
Family Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHJuly 3, 2018
A great Health system to learn, grow and advance. Provides opportunities for transferring between facilities, tuition reimbursement for continuing education. Executive Team is accessible.
Pros
Transfers within System
Cons
No tuition Reimbursement for Terminal Degree
Preimer Health has been great.
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 18, 2018
This company cares about doing the right thing by it's co-workers. I would recommend Premier to anyone. Management is very understand and wants everyone to succeed.
Relaxed and comfortable work place
Reimbursement/Financial Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 13, 2018
A typical work day consists of morning reporting for the previous days revenue, responding to emails from other departments and business partners at one of our 4 facilities and attending project meetings as required.

Management has an open door policy

I've learned how to resolve customer accounts, work within EPIC which is a electronic medical record software.

The most enjoyable part about the job is the people.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Not a lot of advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Health. Our community is ready to answer.