Premier Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, stress at times with tons of project to manage.
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2019
Premier is a great place to work, but wish they have better benefit and better salary. The management do require several projects to complete and not given enough time to handle all the project given
Pros
Collaborative/team work
Cons
Benefit
Do not waste your time here, find a different job
Internal Staff (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 7, 2018
This company will promise you the world through rose colored glasses, but in reality it is a cut throat, unprofessional, and uncoordinated MESS of a job regardless of the internal position. Hands down the WORST experience I've ever had with a company. Training? What training? They cannot keep long term staff, so you'll be thrown into a mountain of backed up work with almost no guidance. The work manuals you receive are a JOKE. They do NOT contain 90% of the job duties you are expected to do, so you're left to figure it out for yourself. Management is EXTREMELY unprofessional! The office politics and favoritism is appalling yet the norm. When they're not degrading the nurses they hire, they're gossiping about internal staff at any given chance. They don't train you properly, there is little to no productive/constructive communication between staff, and the management carries themselves like middle school girls seething at the chance to spread rumors and gossip about their staff. STAY AWAY! Save yourself the stress and headache. I wished I was warned about this job so I wouldn't have wasted my time.
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches
Cons
unprofessional, office politics, poor management, zero accountability, horrible training(and lack there of)
Horrible work enviroment!!!
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJune 26, 2018
I would never refer anyone to work for this company!! I was a former Service Coordinator so I seen everything! They do not value their employees AT ALL!! They talk VERY bad about nurses they hire and treat them horribly. it is all about getting nurses through the door at any cost! Even lying and false hope for work and hours but to the company they are "just another hire" Company is more concerned with meeting company demands than of helping their patient! it is an act!! They say they provide a "team environment" but it's actually You Vs.Everyone! The environment is unprofessional. You have an extensive work load with little pay and NO ROOM for advancement. Cutthroat and everyone out for themselves. Horrible management, They offer benefits but because of the low pay, you cant afford to get those benefits. You are soul recruiter! No assisting, It is like half telemarketing. They say they offer 1,500 dollar bonuses quarterly IT IS NOT 1,500!! VERY false advertisement. Overall horrible company to work for! everything in job description is false advertisement! You work with no breaks only a lunch period. The service coordinator position is a sales position. You have a quota and if you don't meet this quota every quarter you will be written up or on employee probation. You do not "assist" the manager on cold calls.....YOU are the ONLY one recruiting for new nurses. Nurses are hard to come by because the rate per hour is ridiculously low.
Pros
Cons
Everything, Unprofessional
Amazing
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2019
This is a place that saddened me to leave, but the culture was changing and the new people coming in were making sure it was noticeable. But Premier is an excellent place to work, they treat you with respect and value your hard work.
healthcare
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 17, 2019
They are very flexible with your schedule. The communicate all the time, however I don't have any health benefits with them. Overall enjoy working here.
productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILNovember 8, 2018
It was a good job, just no advancements. Traveled everyday, sometimes to different residence. But it was fun, had meetings or recertification classes every other weekend. Very organized.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Advancements
great people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 28, 2018
I loved working with the elderly and hearing stories about their experiences in life. The management was great and I got along with all of my co-workers.
Pros
people short hours
Cons
no breaks
Summary
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 28, 2018
I do not recommend this place to work. You work long hours sometimes you are on call for all night and come into work the next morning with little sleep.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  ILJuly 24, 2018
Very good flexible schedule very good and productive fun training very good management team personally nice client. Helps with hands on material for onsite working.
Pros
Reasonable an flexible hours
Do not work for San Bernardino office
Liscensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Absolutely terrible. The office is completely unorganized and unprofessional. There is a lack of communication from schedulers. They like to play “dumb”, they communicate through text messages but pretend to not see certain texts. The pay roll is always messing with people hours, finding excuses not to pay. I’ve caught schedulers lying about patients to get nurses to work different cases. They also keep nurses they should fire (for legitimate reasons) because they are so desperate for staffing. I know its impossible to find the perfect work environment, but trust me, there are better places to work with better pay.
Pros
Amazing patients
Cons
Everything else
Dont apply here
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 27, 2018
this branch accepted new grad but what they didn't disclose is how unorganized and poor communication they had. My application was "misplaced" "never turned in to appropriate person" "still in progress". It was suppose to be a 4 to 6 week process turned out to be a 4 to 6 month process. Not a good experience and the office workers are inconsistent and incapable. Don't apply here.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Don't know what they're doing.
relaxed job
Respite Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 19, 2018
t\is job allows you to have flexible work hours and is generally a relaxed environment as you will be working with clients in their homes. there is very little supervision and management from managers. In fact, I have never met my supervisor.
Most days are great
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, CADecember 28, 2018
Learning and carrying out the job was easy. 99% of the time my client was a joy to work with. My client is an autistic adult so he can have days where he struggles with his moods. Overall a great experience for me.
Pros
Great Client
great company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 10, 2018
love having fulltime nurses for the patients. you get to meet a lot of nurses and learn about their career, able to find fulltime nurses was the best feeling
Poor management/ low pay/
LVN (Current Employee) –  Orange caDecember 9, 2018
We are supposed to get paid weekly and sometimes 5 weeks pass and i dont get paid. I have had to threaten lawyers just to get paid.The company recently changed to Aveanna and payroll is coming from Georgia now. There is no sense of urgency to pay their nurses on time. Its around the holiday time right now and i have kids and 6 months pregnant and i sometimes call off my shift cause i cant even afford the gas to go work. I have to choose between feeding my kids and buying diapers or putting gas and paying babysitter to go work. I wouldnt recommend this company at all. I would have quit but im trying to work as long as possible before i give birth . Ive been here over 2 years and it would be hard to get hired at 6 mo pregnant. I frequently have to go to local churches and food banks just to put food on the table. Im making decent money but they go over a month without paying and give you every excuse and say their "working on it" meanwhile my kids suffer cause premier could care less about their nurses.
Very Flexible with your Schedules
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 17, 2018
assist in getting the patient up from bed
assist in bathing, changing, and driving
assist in prescribed medication for the patient
assist in taking them to bed
assist in any activity that they might find challenging such as grabbing a ceramic plate for them, helping them eat, or drink if necessary
no room for advancement
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 21, 2018
I love the office staff but there is no room for advancement or a fixed schedule. the benefits offered are not affordable for the pay that they are offering. the pay makes it hard to afford the cost of living.
Typical day at work
RN Private Duty Nursing (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 5, 2018
Working private duty nursing is a rewarding job. Helping pediatric patients learn and grow while overcoming health obstacles. The day usually involves driving to the clients home and getting report from night shift nurse. Greeting patient and sometimes parents. Then preparing breakfast, bottle, or tube feed and then spending the day ensuring patient is safe and working on OT/PT as well as providing suctioning, tube feeding, medication administration.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lots of down time
Flexible, No PTO
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 31, 2018
The Management is nice and available.by phone and they answer questions quickly. Good clinical support, Low wages, No PTO or Paid Holidays. The hours are flexible. They do offer frequent in services
Pros
Flexibility, friendly Management
Cons
No pto, Low wages
learning experience
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 26, 2018
I liked working for this company learned a lot. I had free time to study and go to school. I was able to do a lot of thing I could not do at other companies. I was able to take time off if I needed it and not have to worry about being fired.
Pros
free to study, free to go to school
Cons
no real support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.