Premier Housing Management Employee Reviews

Not the greatest company to work for-move on!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-St. Paul, MNFebruary 12, 2019
Loved my staff, did not like corporate management. Extremely "chaotic" environment. No clear direction. Management by crisis. Inheritantly dangerous working conditions. Every day, I heard gun shots. In less than four months six shootings with four dead on the property. A Resident pulled a knife on me. Compliance was not done or done wrong. Resident abuse because of neglected maintenance. Every property was short staffed. Many managers had to split their time at other properties. No consistency. Area managers were young with no experience-head smart but no skills that translated to help in the day to day operations of the property. The owner only came by to collect the laundry money. Very removed from the daily happenings. Consistently, lied to owners and made managers look inept and untruthful. Management would say one thing and then do another. No consistency. Paperwork was always lost. No petty cash, slow to reimburse expenses and mileage. Extremely poor communication between corporate and on-site.
Pros
I liked my work-it was important.
Cons
Frustration with the work load and no time to get it done. Short staffed or untrained staff.
Dedicated to employees
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2019
Premier offers a lot of great benefits to their employees including medical, with minimal to no cost out of pocket, depending on the medical plan you choose. I haven't seen anything like this offered in over 15 years. I do feel like my opinion and input matter which is important! The Corporate office team is friendly and fun. The annual Christmas party is amazing! There are Pros and Cons to every employer and people need to find a company that fits them. For me, Premier offers stability, opportunity for growth, change, improvement, being part of great team and knowing that I'm not viewed as just an employee which is my perfect fit!
Pros
People, Benefits, Growth, Pto, Paid Holidays
Company To Grow With
Assistant Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 18, 2019
If you are looking for a career, in lieu of a job, Premier is a place to apply. The company's investment in it's employees, continual training, and encouragement to grow within the company means you will constantly be achieving. As a whole, they always encourage their employees to be active parts of the company, not just by doing their jobs, but always wanting input. The ability to continually learn and encouragement to grow creates a positive work environment where the employee always know they are appreciated and part of a team!
Pros
Training, Team Environment, Benefits
Great benefits!
Property Management (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 18, 2019
Great company with a lot of room to grow! Great benefits (completely free health insurance for employee!), generous holidays and time off policies. A small enough company there is tons of flexibility and the work-life balance is valued, but growing quickly enough that there are plenty of opportunities for those that want to advance.

Really great team atmosphere among the staff and other departments. Everyone helps each other and is willing to pitch in. I appreciate that upper management always addresses problem employees quickly and doesn't let them bring the team down. Upper management listens to the feedback of the team.
Run, don't even stop and think about this company
manager (Former Employee) –  St Paul/MinneapolisJanuary 18, 2019
This is the worse company I have ever worked for. Lack of organization, management doesn't know what's going on, treat their employees badly and unfair. Can't keep staff and give low pay. Budgets poorly done, no concept on how they work. I was lied to upon being hired. They react to everything, no planning before implementation. No communication. Poor management in general. I should have read the reviews before starting

My recommendation is to pass this company by- you will not be happy.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Management is poor
Poor management all over and unsupportive
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 13, 2019
Poor management and provides no trainings.Expecting High expectations.favoritism plays a big role in this awful company.Fires people for dumb reasons.
Pros
No pros....worst company ever.
Cons
Poor management and unsupportive.
Poor work place
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 7, 2018
Stay away poor management and treat Employees very bad. Treat residents bad. Unorganized favoritism in upper management. Poor training throw into the fire. Area managers are bad. New Director treats Employees very bad.
Pros
Cons
Don't care about you
Great place to work! A relaxed atmosphere
Corporate Accounting (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work & flexible schedules allowing a positive work/life balance. Getting the job done & being a hard worker gets you a long way. Good benefits/Holidays & PTO
Pros
flexibility, fun lunches & team building days, random early releases
Great place to work!
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 11, 2018
Staff are friendly, poactive, and always looking for efficiency. Really enjoy working for the company. The corporate office also likes to have fun and build great ream building exercises.
Pros
Company treats, birthday cakes, location
Excellent Company, great teamwork and collaboration between departments
property manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 10, 2018
Excellent company with tons of growth potential, one of the fastest growing apartment portfolio in Minneapolis metro area

Upper management has been with the company since it inception in 2010, one of the best management companies for affordable housing
in the business.

Highly recommended
Pros
pay, benefits some of the best in the business, great healthcare and 401K match
Do not apply
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  MNAugust 1, 2018
This company is terrible. Since changes in upper management in the last 8 months, everyone is jumping ship and taking new jobs. You'll be required to manage multiple sites with entry level pay and no training. Lack of communication is a major problem and the property budgets are a joke. No room for advancement and no eagerness to gain input from site managers.
Pros
Lots of holidays
Cons
Everything else
Terrible company!!
Multi-Site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 27, 2018
I've been in this industry for almost 10 years. I've never worked for such a disorganized company. No policies. Department heads are all jumping ship. Managers are leaving multiple locations. Corporate is unethical and rude. Some in corporate are actual liars. No support from the company. Terrible with budgets. They don't care about residents. I was told to lie to the owner of a few of my properties to hide the companys actions. I left after less than a year. They don't have any morals or values and they don't care about their employees.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Liars. Unethical. Disorganized.
Work place
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul Park, MNJune 18, 2018
The work place was friendly. Resident were respectful and friendly. What I learned from working in a community is to let the residents speak first and I listen. The hardest part is when you know the resident is wrong but you won't let them know.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long drive to work
New company in real estate, still getting it's feet wet
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 14, 2014
Very new company and it shows. Disorganized in every respect, chaotic, and unhealthy.
Pros
Lunch provided once a week
Cons
Inexperienced management, short breaks, low pay, heavy work load
Residents and Site Staff were fun to work with!
Compliance Specialist, COSA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 5, 2014
The two sites I worked on were project based Section 8 sites. The residents and staff I worked with were all fun and keep things real every day.