Premier Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Provided as neeed proposal writing support as a consultant
Consultant/Technical/Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  Remote supportJune 30, 2018
Good company to support as a consultant.
Growing company - new contracts, new agencies, excellent client reputation.
Decent mnagement.
Flexible work schedules and telework opportunity
Terrible
Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 14, 2018
The Premier Management was a terrible place to work.

Most employees were unhappy and wanted to leave.

The management was very unprofessional and hard to work with.
Pros
terrrible
Cons
terrible
Fast Pace in Federal Contracting
Sr. Director of Programs (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 28, 2018
Great place to work, discover new challenges and meet new people in the contracting world. A typical day was fast pace always keeping in mind that increasing business revenue is first and foremost for everyone.

A typical day was meeting with contract managers, project managers, business development pursuit, writing proposals, submitting RFP's, managing Sr. level staff, communicating with customers, writing performance evaluations and possibly traveling to different locations to build new relationships and business.

In this position I learned how to hone my multitasking skills, increased my business finance skills, work with federal agencies I've not work with before and how to recruit nationally for the government.

The company culture was evolving but a must in a process driven company like this one. Setting the company mission, vision, goals were critical to ensuring we created a consistent culture and delivered a solid message for 225 plus employees in 22 different to accept and ingrain in their daily work performance.

A difficult part of the job is sales, maintaining contracts, conducting performance evaluation and reviews for employees around the country. However, it's very satisfying to help your employees and colleagues excel in their work performance, meet goals and win contracts.

Travel was a must but worth the trip as it opened new doors to win new business and meet face to face with your customers and clients, maintaining the 'trusted adviser' relationship.

The most enjoyable part of my job was achieving difficult goals in time and under budget,
  more... building relationships around the country and opening new doors of opportunity and working with my team day to day.  less
Pros
Incentives for achieving goals and increasing revenue
Cons
High chance of long hours
Premier
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 19, 2018
I only worked at one location, which was the VA. I had come from the VA so it was an easy transition. My illness was unfortunate, but I would work for Premier again in the future.
A terrible employer
Linguist/Translator (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NENovember 28, 2017
I worked for this company in Omaha Nebraska as a linguist. They cut our salary after winning the contract dramatically, and have virtually no contact with their employees. Management was weak, HR hardly knew what was going on, turnover at corporate was fairly high, and corporate had virtually no awareness for the optics of how they handled themselves. Receiving emails about company picnics happening in Maryland became a joke locally, and their idea of a bonus is a cheaply made Christmas ornament, despite several of the employees being Muslim. Clueless and incompetent. Stay away,
Pros
Cons
Basically everything.
I love my job and the people I work with
Linguist Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 26, 2017
I really do not wish to comment great manager... company keep you update it on what's going on people i work with are very nice and want's to help you
Not recommended
Contract linguist, Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2017
I've never felt like I matter less at a company. They honestly make you feel like you are a box to be checked off in order to receive their six figure salaries.
Pros
Didn't work more than 40 hour weeks.
Cons
Almost everything else, Benefits and salary are not competitive, Management and corporate were mostly nonexistant.
No communication efforts
Senior Contract Specialist; contract employee (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WASeptember 14, 2017
Lack of communication between program managers and contract work force off-site. Current contract with the Veterans Administration was not renewed. New contract solicited and awarded to Cameo Company.
Horrible Company to Work For
Linguist/Translator (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDAugust 12, 2017
If you are looking for a job on a contract they won, RUN, RUN FAST. They do NOT value their contract employees. After working for them for YEARS, they decreased everyones pay after they WON the contract. ALL the time put in and they can't at least keep salaries the same. The only thing this company cares about is money, it is not YOU it is not the CUSTOMER, it is lining their pockets. If you are looking for a stepping stone, until you find a better job (which is what everyone is doing) that's understandable, but don't expect much. Thankfully I am moving on.
The management they hired, must have come from clown college. I didn't even realize who was in charge for at least a year. Do we have a PM? a DPM? Apparently. From what I have heard it is this horrible everywhere.
Pros
Insurance isn't horrible
Cons
The company itself is a con, they change the PTO policy randomly so no one can accrue more
Premier Management is a wonderful organization to work for.
Senior Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21045August 11, 2017
A typical day at work was always interesting and stress free. I learned that the organization is only as good as its employees. I loved upper management. Did not particularly care for lower management personnel. The workplace culture where I was placed was an excellent opportunity to support the customer. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with other vendors performing the same task at the same site. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing a product the customer raved over.
Great Learning Experience
Office of Strategic Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2017
Premier allowed members to work with they greatest strengths while allowing employees to turn weaknesses into strengths as well. Premier granted me the opportunity to learn from so many established professionals.
Great company to work for. Family atmosphere with best employee Christmas parties and giveaways!
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Nice family atmosphere with best employee Christmas parties and giveaways! Human Resources department is very helpful and responsive in resolving issues. Benefits are very good and better than in most companies.
Family friendly
Procurement Tech/Administrative- (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 28, 2017
It is great that they offer telework to it's employees and are not micromanagers. Employees are free to work without feeling watched.
Delightful experience
Cat III Pashto/Urdu Linguist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJune 16, 2016
I miss working for the company, I wish I was still there.
The duration of the Security Clearance for the site was very frustrating.
Poor Management, No Integrity, No Advancement for employees.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 3, 2015
Premier has poor Management, they have no Integrity or knowledge of the work they accept to perform. They do not value or respect their employees nor do they acknowledge when they are in the wrong.
Cons
No pay increases or bonuses as stated in work performance, no employee recognition.
Disappointing
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Premier Management Corporation has poor management and a complete lack of integrity. They do not value their employees' experience, talents, or capabilities. Unfortunately, the HR department at PMC is unprofessional and inexperienced. Employees often waste valuable time dealing with HR mistakes. I would only recommend this company to someone looking for a non-negotiable salary, no respect from their employer, and no potential for career advancement.
A 8a, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Company with a great deal of potential.
DOL Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2013
A good company and great folks working their. Good management. Working with often difficult customers and providing services in a challenging environment.
Pros
People, future growth possibilities.
Cons
Contracts management and sometimes communications.
Great Company
Administrative Staff Assistant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 11, 2013
Learned many valuable skills from Premier. Great company to work for.