Premier Marine

Working at Premier Marine: 41 Reviews

United States41 reviews

placeemployeecompanyworkingpeopletimemanagementgood

Poor Supervisor Poor training Poor standards No home life

I learned that you can't go to HR for anything and if you have something to say that has been on your mind just to be quiet unless you are a higher up. I learned helping other is a no go because it's taking you away from your task. I learned that this place is not so good place to learn. I learned if you want to grow with-in the company this isn't for you. Supervisor who if you think can't reach anyone just wait to meet the quality supervisor. 4 tens more like 50 hours weeks

Pros

Free Lunch

It was a great place to work till the company ran into problems and it was fend for yourself.

Over worked, work schedule changed weekly if not daily. Communication is very off between all departments. Higher ups do NOT CARE about the actual floor workers & their input.The company puts on the we're a family look but at the end of the day they truly don't care about the workers.

Premier Marine insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

If you have wheels there are better opportunities.

Been at Priemer for over a year, was told when I was hired that they were in the process of hiring a lead and a supervisor for the welding department. That took 6 months, the first failed because he was a bad pick for the job so they put him as lead, he failed there too. The 2nd supervisor was doing a great job building the relationships and teamwork needed BAD in this place before he was told to collect his stuff with the lead (previously mentioned) report to the Factory Managers office and was never seen again. We are currently operating without a lead or a supervisors in the welding area with C suite telling us they have no plan to hire another anytime soon.If you like structure, leadership and clear goals this isn't the place for you.

Pros

4 day work week, coworkers are all embracing the suck together

Cons

Management(and lack there of), C-Suites have no idea what it takes to make the company function.

Please avoid this company.

After new owner ship has taken over, there have been plenty of open ended promises. Everyone is over worked and expected to work the work load given without any kind of pay increase. Management only cares about how many boats they can get out the door and not the quality of the product. Not to mention their customer service department is literally non-existent due to the poor management. The owners do not care. They can throw how ever much money at the company but you cant make a already sinking boat float.

Pros

You get to be around cool product

Cons

Over worked. Unrealistic expectations. Poor management. HR shows favorites.

OK place

It's gotten better over the last year.enjoyed my coworkers but some managers aren't the best. It should get better with the new plant opening in the near future.

Core values mean something here!

I've been with Premier for about a year now. The new owners took over in May '21 and have been steadily making improvements ever since. We now have MUCH better health insurance, a great 401k match, lots of new tools and equipment to do our job, even an employee boat rental program. Oh, and they are building a brand new building and moving the company to Big Lake in August! The management team is almost entirely new and is focused on improving the culture (not an easy task!). They are finally holding people accountable and recognizing those who live the core values daily. I can see myself growing with this company for years to come. Also, the pontoons are absolutely beautiful!

Pros

New management does what they say they'll do, Core values are talked about regularly and actually matter, Great benefits, New building coming soon!

Cons

The current facility in Wyoming is less than ideal working conditions, Changing a culture is hard and will take more time, Wish I got a free pontoon!

they only care about productivity

I don't recommend this job for anyone . they demand alot of you but don't help you get up to where they think you should be . long boring hours in wrong work place

You are always replaceable

Don't get comfortable in one area expected to multiple jobs for on pay rate. Double standards are a big problem here. Questions are always stupid when asked.

no buildings are condemned no lunch rooms exc

every body is from temp services dangerous place health place to be would not recommend this place to any body summary yard trucks all broken cheep company miss managed bleed to the ground no feelings toads there workers no future

Poor management

Very poor management they did not stand up for the workers You work hard but then get yelled at for leaving your area for finding help They say one thing but then change it …..

do not work there

new management is not any better then the old management. They tell you they care but their actions speak differently. Expect lots of OT, no notice, and unfair pay.

Pros

cool product is the only thing

Horrible Leads & Supervisors

Horrible Leads & Supervisors. They treat the workers badly. They promised 4 x 10 hour days & we worked 5-6 x 10 hour days. They usually told us on Friday afternoon that there was mandatory OT the next day. They don't expect you to have a life out side of work.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

August 4, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your past experience was less than expected. The new ownership at Premier Marine is committed to ensuring each of our employees experience a positive work environment. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors!

Horrible place to work

This company is horrible. They treat their employees like trash. Management sits in their office all day and provides no assistance. Reviews are a joke, no raises, reviews don’t happen. Facilities are run down, safety is a joke. New owners promised change and trust. 60 days later no results! If you like 60 hours each week, working every weekend and shown little respect and dignity then this place is for you.

Pros

Quitting the company in 2 weeks

Cons

Way to many to list.

August 4, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Our new ownership is committed to establishing a new culture and workplace environment at Premier Marine. Thank you for pointing out where immediate improvement is needed. We wish you all the best in your next endeavor.

Look somewhere else for a marine job

The managers and leads here have no regards for basic human decency. They are all authoritarian style, and don't know when to apologize if they are wrong. But if you enjoy hard work, for 60 hours a week, with no appreciation or any type of benefits, then this is the place for you. I regret working here because this place has sucked the life out of me.

August 4, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Premier Marine offers an array of employee benefits, and our new ownership is in the process of making numerous significant upgrades and investments in our culture and the tools we use. We wish you the very best in your next endeavor.

Not as bad as people make it seem.

I’ve been working at premier for four years. For the most part, I loved it. Plenty of different departments means tons of room for learning and advancement. The main reason I liked working for premier were the coworkers I had along the way. I came in not knowing anything about the boating Industry And was trained to the point where I can point out pontoon aspects a mile down the lake. Premier gets a bad reputation as having terrible management, and in a sense that isn’t completely inaccurate. It has had its ups and downs, and the turnover rate for the uppers is....high. But ultimately you get what you give, if you come in and start drama and don’t want to work, your gonna have a bad time. But if you live your job, and take pride in the company as a whole, it’s a good place to go to every day. It’s been a pleasure and I’m truest going to miss it.

Pros

Co workers, leniency, diversity in things to do.

Cons

They value their “top” people more then others, even when ONE welder stole 10, 000 dollars worth of equipment, nothing got done about it.

Incompetent management

The middle management was inconsistent and scatterbrained. Often, newer employees would get the blame for mistakes made by those above them. Example: I welded brackets according to the blueprints presented in the paperwork. It was found that the brackets were incorrectly spaced according to the type of deck that was needed. However, instead of placing the blame where it belonged, the incorrectly labeled blueprints, they blamed myself and the other welder for being inexperienced. This sort of nonsense happened regularly, incompetent supervisors passing the blame onto the employees and was a constant source of frustration among my fellow employees. As to the blueprints, my Lead confided that he had mentioned this problem to his Supervisor several times and nothing was fixed, yet the blame was set squarely upon the shoulders of the newer employees.

Welding is fun...but...managementis bad!

Used to be a fun environment to work in..people work great, until they started hiring previous people back because "attitudes changed "...everything has slowly been going down hill...issues being swept under the rug..harrassment around the shop not being taken seriously! It is a toxic work environment and the CEO does nothing about it.

Productive and positive environment.

Very team oriented with different cells working to make the entire assembly line run as if it where a well oiled machine, the comradery was a by-product of needing to keep each facet of the machine running smoothly.

treat your employees like you would treat the CEO or the owner.

I have been working at Premier Pontoons full-time for more than 5 years Pros: Employees are great people, End Product is amazing. Cons: Leads, Supervisors, and managers. They Do not respect their employees, They sit in their offices gossip about how bad their employees are. or they flirt with female employees in front of everyone all day (and yet they still let them work here), They think they are better than the workers building all day. They do not help when they are needed they just run and hide. Employees feel like they can't say anything to the higher ups with out feeling like they will be let go. Management holds no accountability for themselves they just point fingers to other departments or certain employees. If you are on the "list", some managers will see to it that they try their hardest to get you fired. They will back stab you, and throw you under the bus as soon as they get a chance to do so, if you are not liked. And HR will do nothing but back the manager up even though they know it is wrong, and the "manager" is the one that should be let go. Start getting rid of the leads, supervisors and managers that are just in it for themselves and not for bettering the company. only than will you see an improvement.

Premier Marine

Management is terrible, no communication almost at all. The hours and days are beyond weird ranging from 5 8hr days to 5 12hr days plus Saturday. People come and go a lot.

Great product but that is the only thing good about this company

Do yourself a favor and do not work for this company. There is very few benefits. Poor training but very high expectations. Managers are not very approachable.

Pros

Good people work there

Cons

Horrible benefits, hardly any training, not enough work/life balance, do not seem to promote within, lots of gossip and not a lot of confidentiality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Marine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Premier Marine in popular locations

• Manufacturing
  • Premier Marine
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?