Premier Medical Associates Employee Reviews

Featured review
Premier Medical Associates selected this as a representative review
Excellent Culture, Team, and Working Environment!
NA (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 16, 2018
Premier Medical Associates is a great place to work! The culture of the company is wonderful. The team here is welcoming, caring, and wants to set you up for success! The management team is always available to answer any questions and plays an active role within the organization. I am happy to be working at a company that has such a great impact within the community and cares so greatly for the quality of care for the patients. I can see myself having many future years of success within Premier.
Pros
Culture, Management, Rewarding Profession
Employee (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 2, 2018
Don’t listen to others. I’ve worked for this company for many years. They have high standards and reward those who work hard. We give high quality care and because of this our patients are grateful and live longer lives. Is it stressful sometimes? Sure. But isn’t every job? We achieve national recognition by the drive of management to meet established goals. My manager is great. She is down to earth, supportive, and gives great advice. She also encourages me to strive for better. The doctors always have the best interest at heart—for patients and employees. Upper management does appreciate their employees and encourage a positive working environment. If you want to feel good about making a difference in people’s lives, you should apply. If you’ve worked there and have a bad review maybe you didn’t work hard enough or just simply weren’t a good fit. There are some people who have been here 30+ years. That should say something.
Pros
High Standards, integrity, culture
Prime Example of Toxic Company Culture
Application Administrator (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 29, 2018
Management is very unprofessional and lack experience. For many including the micro-managing COO, they learned everything they know about managing while working at Premier without outside experience. The management is very unorganized and rude. They have zero awareness or knowledge of project management and resource allocation.

They make employees feel undervalued and over worked. They do not know how to treat their team members. Never will you be respected or treated fairly. They are the perfect example of a toxic company culture. Business practices are either questionable or a result of incompetence.
Pros
Cons
Toxic culture and inept mamagement
Poor managment and employees with bad attitudes
CMA (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 25, 2018
Worked here for a while and all I can say is this company doesn't care about it's employees.
The employees that actually care about the paitents are treated like trash , but the employees that are there to gossip and pick fights are valued.
Pros
Working with paitents
Cons
No breaks, understaffed, two faced people
Kids
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irwin, PAAugust 20, 2017
The most enjoyable about my day is seeing all the kids. When I work since I'm only part time there I normally give the kids more stickers then they should get but I figure 75% of the time when they are in the office they either got bloodwork shots a throat swab or digging in the ears.
Pros
office is like a family
Cons
The office manger goes between two offices
Very stressful. Not much value for long time employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PA 15146July 18, 2017
I would not recommend. Not much room for advancement. Very hard to work for. The schedule was not flexible. There are alot of temps working there. Only good thing is the doctors.
Great starting position
RN (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 27, 2017
Premier is a great place to work at when starting out in your medical career. The co-workers are friendly. The company is committed to their patients.
Cons
little career advancement
Doctors were easy to work with
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, PASeptember 29, 2016
busy fast paced office, answering phones, scheduling appointments
referrals and authorizations.

There was a big turnover with Premier managers in the beginning.
Liked it but had to leave
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 1, 2016
I loved my job as a technician, but due to the demands of my family at home I was unable to dedicate the 40 hours a week that the job required. There's a lot of extra tasks assigned to the technicians that I felt could have been distributed to the manager and not to the techs who are busy most of the day. Especially on the evening shift, since there's only one person.
Overall, not a bad lab to work in. It's small so there isn't a lot of pressure to rush. However, no variety in day to day tasks.
Pros
Great benefits package, not too stressful, good pay
Cons
The evening tech is the only tech at night, not an easy schedule if you have children, not a lot of room to advance
Volatile and stressful
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, PAJune 19, 2016
The turn over is high due to low pay and high unachieveable expectations. Senior management and admin don't care about the employees. My manager tries to get us raises but is always told no, she does a great job but is just as frustrated as everyone else. Managers are afraid to speak up because of their supervisor who screams at them. I left for a peaceful work environment.
Cons
Salary and stress
Great Benefits
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 8, 2015
Needs a lot of development but a good company to work for overall. There is a lot of manipulation that occurs and not enough hands on with the workload, just dictation and demands.
Pros
Health benefits/providers of care
Cons
not enough true teamwork
Fun workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 12, 2014
I did filing, copying, faxing, pulling charts, checked in patients and delivered charts to the doctors. I enjoyed worked with the patients and doctors. My manager was super and kind. I learned how to check patients in and processing payments.
Relaxed but unstructured environment in billing office
former employee (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 24, 2012
The job itself is fine; however, the department lacks direction, communication and leadership Management lacks true people skills. Motivation and support is only given to a "chosen" few.
Pros
free parking and coworkers
Cons
management and lack of communication and support
rewarding, coworkers are team players
EHR scanner (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 8, 2012
Hippa rules, customer service,mangement is great. coworkers are great to work with
Pros
free parking
Cons
n/a
Good Company with good health benefits
Medical Records Specialist/Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 12, 2012
Good work / life balance and good health benenfits.

I've learned a lot about all aspects of working with medical records and different types of health insurance
Pros
good health benefits and you learn a lot working there
Cons
little chance of advancement
It an interesting mix of duties.
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 12, 2012
A typical day would be answering at least a 100 calls a day from parents wanting medical advice for their sick child or to make an appointment. Also checking them in with insurance verification of type of insurance, and confirming that all pertinent information was correct. Checkout required collecting co-payments and scheduling follow up appointments if needed. We would also assemble new patient charts, filling, pulling charts for the next days visits.

I learned more about how to remain calm in emergency situations. I also learned a lot about children.

My co-workers were all compassionate intelligent people. From the physicians and the nurses right down to the cleaning crew.

The toughest thing about this job was seeing all the little children that were ill. Or the crying little babies when they were finished getting the shots that were required.

The was one part of this job I absolutely adored. Getting to see all the newborns who became our patients.
Pros
seeing happy children at play, the comfortable yet busy work space
Cons
seeing sick children, and worried parents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Medical Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Premier Medical Associates Reviews by Location