Premier Solar Solutions Employee Reviews

Terrible work place
Roof Lead Installer (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXMarch 12, 2019
Lots to learn here but you are not appropriately compensated for what you put in. First, your pay is hourly which is fine because you usually spend more than 12 hours during a workday. So when you hit overtime, it is excellent! Then they change your pay to 100% commission which is not an issue. The issue is that all there teams are underdeveloped, so you'll spend a week on two jobs and make 300-500 for 50 hours of work.
Favoritism and going back on their word
Solar installer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2019
Would promise bonuses for the weekend to get employees to work but then would not pay them, would just avoid talking to you if you tried to ask for a raise. Would give certain crews a lot more work than others to starve them out to quit. Poor management from Arizona. Refused to pay travel time... unheard of.
Cons
Shady people, witnessed some unprofessional things.
Unorganized
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2019
The compensation for work at this company was minimal. There was little room for advancement and a lot of nepotism within the company. Being family owned they tend to promote or give raises to people they favor rather than based on performance.
Pros
Clean workspace
Cons
Low pay
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2018
All of the staff is friendly and helpful, training and follow up are very thorough. Management is extremely reliable and are great at helping set you up to do your job properly.
Enjoyable Part
Designer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2018
There is a scope to learn and grow. Depends on how we manage stuff timely. We get different challenges on each job, on day to day bases, that's the favorite part for me.
Pros
Pleasure working here
Cons
No benefits for the first 90 days
Install Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2018
Great leadership, a caring and supporting community of co-workers. Complete flexibility about where and how you work as long as you deliver. Great Workplace
Great environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2018
Very comfortable environment to conduct work for the week. Management is attentive and diligently works to resolve any issues or concerns that arrise.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Free food, Office parties
Cons
Can only be here 40 hours a week before I have to leave.
Great Company!
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2018
Going on 2 years with the company and love it! Started with the company in an entry level position and now in a managerial role. Just like any company it can be hectic at times but management always took the time to help and was able to move up within the company
Pros
company growth, great work environment
Cons
can be hectic at times but manageable
family
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 20, 2018
Love working for this family orientated company..Perfect work life balance, management is always mentoring and helping advancement from within, hardest part can be the speed in which things change, best part is feeling part of the big picture and always part of a family
Pros
Always knowing where you stand
Cons
No windows in our department
This is my soul-job 👌😍
Field Service Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 20, 2018
I am the field service dispatcher for Premier Solar, and I absolutely love it. Management is receptive and supportive to ideas, my coworkers all seem focused on moving their jobs forward, and there is great flexibility in hours. When something goes wrong, teams come together to troubleshoot and collaborate and you can tell people here respect one another. I absolutely love it here.
Poor Management
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2018
Very little support from management and other employees that worked there. Easy position. Performed the basic receptionist tasks. The position required me to work 5 hours extra every week.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No training
Need Improvement
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2018
Most of their employees were drug addicts and management was unprofessional. Management makes it difficult to voice your complains and do not care if you have a family, their needs come first.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Alcohol is allowed on site
No outlook for the future
Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2018
Owners were very hands off with zero support. Sr. leadership relied on under skilled labor to fulfill reports that were often times in accurate. And were unable to follow through with compensation in a timely manner.Sales people often times walked around with no clue on what the direction of the company was other than making sure the brothers were getting paid.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
No leadership
Fast pace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
Office pace is high, turnover is higher, Salesforce knowledge is a must or be a fast learner. If you can't keep up then you will be let go. Turn over at corporate office is very high. A lot of customer service with very needy customers. Salesmen are not nice and annoying. The owners are really nice guys and your coworkers are helpful. Pay is very above average and benefits are good. However, if business is slow folks in satellite office are quickly laid off. Not a long term job but I had fun while it lasted!
Pros
Awesome bosses, helpful coworkers
Cons
Solar is fickle, no job security
Productive busy but nice employers
Installer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 4, 2018
Very productive easy to stay busy involves being on a roof for long periods of time must be in top shape able to read blue prints maximum electrictity
Worst ever don’t believe anything they say
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Two locationsMarch 14, 2018
We put in solar panels sometimes that were already knew weren’t working or had come off of another job. Manger wanted us to use smaller gauge wire than we were supposed to just to so we wouldn’t buy another roll.
Pros
None really
Cons
Just about everything
Solar Panel Installer (Current Employee) –  Henderson nvMarch 9, 2018
Nice place to work, they teach you, the leaders crew they show you how do the work.if you want a work for this company it’s good opportunity to make money
Toxic culture - poor management
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
I was salaried and they worked me 11+ hrs a day 5 days a week. The office culture struck me as everyone is paranoid about losing their jobs and collaboration was difficult. Management seems to be a toxic mix of mostly aloofness followed by frenzied micromanagement. Everyone was afraid of the owners. There was little to no training and they expect you to work until past the point that any normal person would drop from exhaustion. Beware of working here.
Pros
they have coffee
Cons
the culture is terrible
Horribly ran company
Installer (Former Employee) –  AZSeptember 10, 2017
No concern for the safety of their installers. All work trucks have no identification required by law. I would get constant complaints from customers on how nobody in the office would ever return their calls, especially after the install. I was provided used equipment for installs and instructed not to tell customers. Do not use this company!!!
Pros
Money if they schedule you enough panels
Cons
You will probably die
Very Organized
solar installer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 22, 2016
Premier solar was a company that allowed you to learn hands on while being payed. They provided me per-diem (300) every 2 weeks.
The company covered my flight from Las Vegas to Carolina and payed for my hotels while i worked and the pay was amazing but definitely earned.
Pros
Per Diem and living arrangements
Cons
Management was not consistant with communication in regards to the installers