Premier Therapy Employee Reviews

Upper Management if Horrendous, Will Step on Anyone to Keep a Contract
OT/Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2019
I wore Rose colored glasses when I first started with this company. It was close to home and I love my residents.
I worked up to director position and was excited for the opportunity. Slowly though the rose colored glasses faded. the company talks about putting it's employees first but NOPE they will personally serve any employee on a platter to keep a contract. They talk about putting the resident and patient needs first, well NOPE. Ultra RUG level is emphasized, administration liked to pick favorites a d those residents always had to get more treatment.
This company is unethical.
They will chew you up and spit you out if you ever choose to be anything other than a robot.

Oh.... And there is no open door policy. They take advantage of a right to work in OH.
Pros
Fine if you keep your nose down
Cons
Poor management, unethical, no open door policy, takes advantage of right to work law
HORRIBLE company. UNETHICAL management .
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 6, 2019
Premier therapy was the absolute worst company I have worked for in my 15 years of being a therapist. Their regional staff are very manipulative human beings. They don’t care at all about resident care and only about money. One regional actually threatened physical harm to a resident who was “crazy” quote unquote. They ask you to lie about provided minutes and even offer a “bonus” for 97% or above productivity. I don’t know how this company is still in business and I know several staff members are pursuing law suits against them. STAY AWAY at all costs! I can’t imagine the will be in business much longer! As mandatory reporters, fellow therapists need to continue speak up and report their managerial staff and Medicare fraud!
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
EVERYTHING else
High productivity, ulta high RUG levels, do not work for this company
COTA (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 24, 2019
95% productivity, but not standard for ALL employees, pending who you are! If a co worker falls behind in productivity, they request all other co-workers make up for it , in which causes animosity throughout. At first, they claim they are a family based company, not true at all!! Special perks are given, IF they like you, and that is based on if you don’t question policy and procedures, stand up for yourself, and do EXACTLY what they want even if it means being FRAUDULENT! Upper management will not have your back and all employees are expendable, if they feel a contract could be threatened. They make it very clear that they are a hire and fire at will company. If they offer you a perk, make sure you get it in writing! They do offer vacation time in which YOU work for! But good luck trying to use it or getting it approved! They want 7 day a week therapy working all holidays and no extra time off around those times and can not have more than 5 days in a row off for vacation. They will try to change your hire dates, contest workman’s compensation to whatever means necessary to benefit themselves. When they say UNCOMMON STANDARDS, they mean it! They will friend you on social media, and attempt to use it against you in the future. Unsure how this company is still around!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High productivity, difficulty getting to use vacation time, upper management fails to value their employees 7 day a week therapy, employees opinions not valued!!
Unethical company can't believe there still around
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 12, 2019
When you do concurrent treatment your expected to be 100 plus % productive. They give you vacation days but if your manager wanted those days she got them first & your out. The therapy dept treats all there part B at the same time but does not bill group...they sit there for 1 hr with a ball between there legs sleeping. Do not work for this company or place someone you care about in one of there facilities.
Pros
Health ins.
Cons
Unethical, Stessful job, poor management
Company has high standards and unreal expectations
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 20, 2018
Area director was nice and tried to to help with issues. However, facility was very poorly run, with many lies. Several resident overdoses from drugs and drugs found several times on residents with little to no police notifications. If non trained therapy staff says someone needs therapy, therapy is forced to pick them up no matter if it therapeutically necessary.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Poor facility management. Very unethical practices
Rehab Aide (for one week)
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Logan elm healthcare, Circleville OhioAugust 6, 2018
I was working in home health when I stumbled upon an opening for a rehab aide for Premier Therapy. I needed a consistent schedule as, I am a single mom. 10 hours one week and 25 the next just was not ideal. The hours with premier therapy were perfect. Day shift, no evenings or weekends, decent hourly rate, and a full benefits package. It was exactly what I've been looking for. Patient care and administrative duties combined sounded perfect. However, it lacked several details. First, I was not given any training. I was told to print documentation that the therapists needed and to keep the therapy gym clean. Easy peasy. Furthermore, I had never worked in therapy before so, it was all new to me. I had the privilege of having this job title for a whole week. ONE WEEK!!!! ONE week to learn a brand new job, one week to do everything that was expected of me. Mind you, I was told from another facility rehab director, that I would be "swimming for a while". And that this position would be and was, very overwhelming. My advice to anyone considering employment with this company is, do your research. If it seems too good to be true, take from me, it is.
Cons
Lack of proper training, too demanding on new staff, unrealistic expectations.
You can do better
Facility Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Groton, NYJune 13, 2018
You are a board certified, well trained therapist. You deserve a company that cares about your hard work, and rewards your skills and accomplishments with compassion and security. You won't find that here.

Typical Day: Start work early so you can squeeze in the hours of work needed to meet productivity. That means treating before breakfast, and cutting patients' meals short since Premier doesn't pay you to sit around. Got a 40 hour salary? 90% productivity means you must be billing for 36 of those hours. That leaves 4 hours for documentation, bathroom breaks, lunches, meetings, etc... PER WEEK. Or you could just work a 12 hour day and only collect pay for 8 hours. I've done it, I'm glad I don't anymore.

What I learned: I learned to stand up for myself. Upper management cracks down hard on those that don't speak up. If you just keep your head down and try to do your job, you will be asked to do more and more without any compensation. You have to draw a line and state what's reasonable. I learned they won't fire you, unless you've backed yourself into a legal pickle and they can get you for "not following care-plan". But, I've seen them continue to keep unproductive therapists around - which infuriates those that have to pick up the slack.

Management: Facility Rehab Directors get the toughest jobs. They are caught with high expectations for the facility, to meet corporate's standards, but realize it can't be met realistically by the base staff. So they get anger from the bottom, frustration from the top, and they're caught trying to pick up treatments and dropping the
  more... ball on the management end. Upper management has to carry the burden of strict, compassionless, rule, set forth from the CEO. The farther up the chain they are from treating, the more they are driven by profits and numbers. It's their job, and it's unfortunate.

Workplace culture: Slowly gets muddled by high productivity standards, constantly questioning why you're working so hard when the other therapist next to you is sitting in the low 40%'s. Then you happen to hear their salary, which is grounds for immediate termination, and you end up quitting instead. It's a hostile environment of jealousy and resentment. Very little teamwork since everyone is overworked, except those that are slacking - due to incompetence, but somehow remain.

The hardest part of the job: is keeping your humanity. You graduated from therapy school with a well developed code of ethics. But you see it warped by RUG categories and profit driven productivity standards. You don't want to drag your sick patient through an ultra-high category session, but not doing so means you don't get paid, and neither does the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job: That moment you walk out the door, with the thought of never returning. Working for such a poor company really makes the rest of your life seem like a breeze.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
High Productivity Standards, High Documentation Demands, Low Support from Upper Management, Poor Control of Poor Employees.
A dynamic and ever changing case load, great staff to work with
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Berlin, VTMay 1, 2018
Working per diem can be challenging however Premire staff make you feel like part of the team and appreciate the help. The caseload changes daily which makes for a great atmosphere
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Computer documentation systems changes constantly, can be time consuming for those not utilizing them everyday
Great Place to work for.
Home Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 18, 2018
Premier and Atlas therapy is a great place to work . The Staff is Reliable and Professional. The Management team is educated and always a team player.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Fluctuation in Hours
Great rehab staff, nice locations, low pay
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Many facilities to choose from. Low pay with new hires getting paid less every year. With inconsistent and low hours the company was still hiring leaving many PRN employees competing.
Pros
Flexible hours. Competent and welcoming staff.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, low pay.
Intense working enviroment - Co-workers are amazing
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAOctober 9, 2017
Increasing in productivity is causing a increase in stress with the change and demand of current insurances. Continue to learn in my profession everyday. Always a different variety of diagnosis and age ranges. Workplace culture is second to none - Your co-workers make working ANYWHERE better. Hardest part of my job is working to meet deadlines placed by insurances.
Pros
Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
Brown bag lunches, Better pay increases
pays well but expectations are unrealistic
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHJune 22, 2017
Stressful with unrealistic expectations but my co-workers were great. Frequently worked over just to meet demands but didnt get paid for it because of productivity standards.
Pros
high pay
Cons
pto policy is bogus, high unrealistic expectations
Excellent Rehab team
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 21, 2017
The Rehab team at Premier was amazing to work with, each day was client centered. I learned so much about how to schedule a patients therapy and plan the session. Having to be able to change all plans upon short notice to better adapt for the patient was a huge role in the day to day work here.
Pros
Team camaraderie, patient concern
Positive Work Environment,Company With a Heart
Professional (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 25, 2017
One of the first things that impressed me about the company was the longevity not only among senior leadership, but among the staff at the facility level. I have felt respected and supported by management throughout my tenure to date. There is a real sense of purpose among the staff. Speaking for myself and what I see, we enjoy our work and are excited about the quality of the service we offer to our patients and the facilities we serve.
Pros
Management support, ethical company, great work environment
Cons
Very few in my experience, health insurance has been a challenge at times.
day at work
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Some days are better then others. Management is a joke! Work day is not worth the money! I love that the job is Monday through Friday 7:30 to 3:30. I don't like you have to put a 3 weeks notice in for a day off. The management is based her favorite people. Guess i'm not on that list. The company is just as bad as the manager.
Pros
having a job partner
Cons
management
No respect
SLP (Former Employee) –  PAJune 4, 2016
Management is very unprofessional. They treat all therapy staff like they are uneducated morons . They act like it is an honor to work for them. Very unethical company.
Pros
Cons
everything
High salaried positions.
Staff C.O.T.A. (Former Employee) –  Beaver, PAApril 21, 2016
Stressful working environment. Poor support from area director. Rehab managers are helpful. High volume of patients. Company expects 100% productivity from all clinical staff.
Our team works together to improve the quality of life for our residents
physical theraists assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilkers Barre PaJuly 21, 2015
Working for premier therapy give me the flexibility to have work/life balance. The team I work with is great and we all work together to maximize the quality of life for our residents.
The most rewarding part of my job is when a resident meets their goals to return home safely.
Pros
great team atmosphere. I love the staff I work with.
Promotes creativity, well being and balance to pts and employees
PTA (Current Employee) –  Winston SalemDecember 18, 2014
Keeps me on my toes to provide pts with better care, improved well being and living. I learn each day by finding out ways to enhance pt participation and well being, management is very supportive and there when needed, co-workers are down to earth and easy going as well as supportive. I enjoy being able to talk more one on one with my patients and find out what they really enjoy and want to do to promote well being in their own lives.
Flexible work environment
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Beaver, PAAugust 14, 2013
I learned a lot about time management skills, and focusing my treatment sessions and documentation to be patient-focused.
Pros
supervisors are easily accessible
Cons
healthcare changes impacting productivity