Premier Therapy Employee Review

View all Premier Therapy reviews

You can do better
Facility Rehab Director (Former Employee) –  Groton, NYJune 13, 2018
You are a board certified, well trained therapist. You deserve a company that cares about your hard work, and rewards your skills and accomplishments with compassion and security. You won't find that here.

Typical Day: Start work early so you can squeeze in the hours of work needed to meet productivity. That means treating before breakfast, and cutting patients' meals short since Premier doesn't pay you to sit around. Got a 40 hour salary? 90% productivity means you must be billing for 36 of those hours. That leaves 4 hours for documentation, bathroom breaks, lunches, meetings, etc... PER WEEK. Or you could just work a 12 hour day and only collect pay for 8 hours. I've done it, I'm glad I don't anymore.

What I learned: I learned to stand up for myself. Upper management cracks down hard on those that don't speak up. If you just keep your head down and try to do your job, you will be asked to do more and more without any compensation. You have to draw a line and state what's reasonable. I learned they won't fire you, unless you've backed yourself into a legal pickle and they can get you for "not following care-plan". But, I've seen them continue to keep unproductive therapists around - which infuriates those that have to pick up the slack.

Management: Facility Rehab Directors get the toughest jobs. They are caught with high expectations for the facility, to meet corporate's standards, but realize it can't be met realistically by the base staff. So they get anger from the bottom, frustration from the top, and they're caught trying to pick up treatments and dropping the
  more... ball on the management end. Upper management has to carry the burden of strict, compassionless, rule, set forth from the CEO. The farther up the chain they are from treating, the more they are driven by profits and numbers. It's their job, and it's unfortunate.

Workplace culture: Slowly gets muddled by high productivity standards, constantly questioning why you're working so hard when the other therapist next to you is sitting in the low 40%'s. Then you happen to hear their salary, which is grounds for immediate termination, and you end up quitting instead. It's a hostile environment of jealousy and resentment. Very little teamwork since everyone is overworked, except those that are slacking - due to incompetence, but somehow remain.

The hardest part of the job: is keeping your humanity. You graduated from therapy school with a well developed code of ethics. But you see it warped by RUG categories and profit driven productivity standards. You don't want to drag your sick patient through an ultra-high category session, but not doing so means you don't get paid, and neither does the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job: That moment you walk out the door, with the thought of never returning. Working for such a poor company really makes the rest of your life seem like a breeze.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
High Productivity Standards, High Documentation Demands, Low Support from Upper Management, Poor Control of Poor Employees.

Other Premier Therapy Employee Reviews

Unethical company with unrealistic expectations
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 17, 2019
Stay far away from this company. Management is horrible. They push for ultras. All they care about is making money rather than what's best for the patient. Bonuses for those who maintain an unrealistic productivity rate....basically a bonus for fraudulent billing.
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
Everything else
Upper Management if Horrendous, Will Step on Anyone to Keep a Contract
OT/Director (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2019
I wore Rose colored glasses when I first started with this company. It was close to home and I love my residents.
I worked up to director position and was excited for the opportunity. Slowly though the rose colored glasses faded. the company talks about putting it's employees first but NOPE they will personally serve any employee on a platter to keep a contract. They talk about putting the resident and patient needs first, well NOPE. Ultra RUG level is emphasized, administration liked to pick favorites a d those residents always had to get more treatment.
This company is unethical.
They will chew you up and spit you out if you ever choose to be anything other than a robot.

Oh.... And there is no open door policy. They take advantage of a right to work in OH.
Pros
Fine if you keep your nose down
Cons
Poor management, unethical, no open door policy, takes advantage of right to work law