Premier Transportation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Past pace work place
Laborer Packer/ Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 28, 2018
I learn how to work as a packer, builder. I learn to do Quality control. I made sure that pallets were build properly before heading to get ship to stores. It was an good work.
Stressful, Fast paced, Competitive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 19, 2018
Typical day at work was unloading trucks and sorting boxes out on the assembly line. I learned how to properly stack pallets, and unload trucks and use EPJ. Management was good but were very about finishing on time. Hardest part of the job was when no one showed up and you were to work multiple spots on the line. Workplace culture was very diverse.
it was just not for me
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJune 17, 2018
i would not tell anyone to work in the conditions that i underwent during my employment at Premier Transportation....it was really just unorganized and unsafe
Enjoyed my time there. Terminal was merged with another terminal, putting me out of a job with no warning.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 12, 2018
In 5 years I was by myself half that time.
My position was dispatcher or driver manager.
I answer phones from operations, customers, drivers, etc.
I was responsible for 25 - 30 drivers assigned to my terminal.
I planned, scheduled, assigned, tracked and dispatched the drivers
daily for deliveries and pick ups in the Northeast (CT, MA, ME, RI,
NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, VA).

I was responsible for all things related to trucks and drivers assigned, including maintenance, driver logs, training of new
drivers, coaching, preparing for new assignments and recruiting new
drivers.

Although the company had nearly 1000 trucks and drivers, each of the 25 terminals were run independently, often transferring loads from one territory to another.

This made our national team work effectively to solve issues.

The hardest part of the job was having to deliver more loads than we had drivers to cover.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.
busy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 31, 2018
to keep machine running efficiently
how t operate a machine
management was
work place was very diverse
keep machine running was the hsrdest
the people
good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2018
It is a good company but specially for part time. Not to many hours. It is a good place to work but wit not to many hours a day. If you wish to work with airlines crew will be a perfect job.
Pros
Everthing
Cons
short hours
Good miles, Good home time
Driver (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 3, 2018
Good place to work, good miles, good pay if you don't mind unloading occasionally.
Was home 90% of weekends.
Could use better equipped trucks.
$$$$$$$
Pros
Miles
Cons
Dispatching needs help especially at night
it ok
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 23, 2018
they need to offer more local oppertunities everything is regional for Florida drivers unless you live in Lakeland Florida and pay is not enoufh for the commute from Orlando to Lakeland eavery day
work place
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAApril 20, 2018
my average day at work includes dispatching drivers for on-time deliveries to individual stores across the southeast region, ranging from the Carolina's to Alabama and Florida , in order to maintain a 95% delivery rate... Then i track each truck as the day and night progresses... and as it gets closer to delivery time i begin to send emails to the stores and call the store managers and receivers to inform them of any lates....
i have learned how to multi-task and the importance of communication and following up to tie up all loose ends...
the management is very thorough and detail oriented... the work place culture is very high-paced and often stressful but manageable , the hardest part of the job is squeeze all the work into a short amount of time... the most enjoyable part of job is the satisfaction that you were able to get all the work done and that you made all 200 plus stores happy and satisfied ...
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of encouragement and compliment from management
It was ok
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMarch 27, 2018
The work was fast paced and stressful at times. but it was a good opportunity because they do not backround check and they don't drug test. just a lot of hard work.
Truck Driver
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA 30297March 25, 2018
I've worked for this company and they paid well, but asked a lot from the drivers, worked sometimes over 70 hours and weekends. good dispatchers and good trucks.
productive workplace which requires duties in a timely manner
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMarch 24, 2018
post and pretrip vehicle , abide by all safety rules and regulations
deliver goods in a timely manner , unload trailer for customer , sign all bills
What i learned is to have patience with customers
hardest part of the job was unloading trailer and then getting back behind the wheel to drive
most enjoyable was meeting people along the way
Stressful, loeadership by fear.
Driver Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAFebruary 14, 2018
This is a high paced environment, with management always looking over your shoulder. It does not matter how much effort and time you put in. "What have you done for me lately?"
A very harsh and quick paced line of work where you jump in and sort and stack to the best of your ability to have an even line floe
Warehouse Unloader (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAFebruary 4, 2018
This place was incredibly fun to work at it was quick so the time flew by and it paid really well. I moved and had to leave but this place was my favorite job I've ever had besides being a homemaker
Just solid work
TRUCK DRIVER AND YARD DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA 30297January 30, 2018
shift with them was just moving trailers at tractor supply distribution warehouse. very hectic job with no defined break times. no overtime availible
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
no overtime and hard to get breaks
Great job nice staff easy to catch on very safe pay good money
Machine Operator ,loading,and working on a line (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 30, 2018
Very safe environment ,work at a nice paste ,easy work to do can't ask for a better job ,alot of good worker, good security and good paying in also good overtime
decent company- no home time
OTR truck driver (Current Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Not enough home time despite offering 5 days out, then a day off. never able to comply with this even after repeated reminders. staff talks down to employees
Good company to work for
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAJanuary 6, 2018
Well i tell you like this they have alot of truck problems. We do alot of work in city. They keep us dispatched with loads pickup. You always have to communicate.
Pros
They are nice people.
Cons
Get home late on weekend
productive and fast paced workplace
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 2, 2018
During my time at premiere I enjoyed my job overall. The only thing that concerned me was the hours . The hours are inconvenient for me during certain days of the week due to the fact that I have my kids only two days of the week. They are not able to work around that schedule with me.
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
long hours in one day
poor management
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  chicopeeJanuary 1, 2018
the good:
work is easy

the bad:
management has poor communication and favoritism . Some drivers only have to do one run and maybe a shuttle while other drivers have to do 2 runs a day.

pay sucks

insurance and benefits sucks too expensive doesnt cover much
Pros
easy work
Cons
pay