Premise Health Employee Reviews

A great company to work for!
NP (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 19, 2018
Premise health is a leader in on-site work place health centers for large employers across the USA. They have hundreds of clinics and are growing fast.
Great work life balance if you structure and prioritize well and your manager doesn't make life difficult with their own inadequate performance.
One difficulty is that clinics are spread all over so corporate has no idea what happens in the field because they are rarely there which allows problem employees to rot away and create a dysfunctional work environment for others just trying to do their jobs.
To try to deal with that and other similar problems they micro policy and procedure yet if no one is watching/managing at the clinic those policies are not followed creating chaos. Managers re allowed to work at home the majority of the time and only come in to the clinic for a couple hours a week. They do not answer emails or follow up on things that need to be addressed much of the time. makes it hard to work on your own stuff when having to wait for the manager to sign off on things. They have meetings and come late or don't show and don't have anything ready for the meeting. May be at only our small clinic, but it happens here so I guess it could happen anywhere. And when you let higher ups know, nothing happens to fix it. And, how could they not know and not see it at their end too.....I left because the management was terrible and it impacted my work.
Pros
Opportunities with in, compensation
Cons
Management with poor performance floated along and not held accountable.
A day and time as a Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is coming in completing payroll, having a meeting with the medical director regarding improvements to clinic flow. Then later speaking with the staff on how the ideas the medical director offered can be implemented.
Pros
Fun, nice people
Cons
work can be repetative
Good company
LPN (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 18, 2018
Premise is a good employer as far as hours, pay and benefits. The company seems overly occupied with “team building”. Not all work places operate the same as the next and to have that expectation blanketing all sites is unnecessary. That wouldn’t stop me from working for them again, though.
I don’t give management a good rating bc they seem to only care about meeting guidelines and webinars and stuff that just really doesn’t matter within the site. You CAN NOT discreetly speak to them about a problem without it being brought to light and everyone knowing.
Again, I wouldn’t hesitate to work for them again. They do have good benefits and pay.
Pros
Pto
Cons
company getting too big - Takes too many people to make a decision and then have action taken.
RN (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I have worked in 5 different client locations for Premise. Each company had their own rules and expectations. A typical day depended on the client. I learned how to work as a one person unit. Management worked with client to create workplace culture they wanted. Hardest part was loneliness of single person unit. Most enjoyable part of day was working with clients employees.
Premise Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
I do appreciate the mission of Premise health and feel that it is within my values. I appreciate the site that I work at and the pleasant patients I interact with. The patients I interact with are appreciative of the care provided to them.
Pros
Set weekly hours, weekends off.
Cons
PTO days could be better.
Premise does not reflect Intel's culture
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 4, 2018
Management is incompetent in their roles while Senior leadership is completely out of touch. You will work with one of the most dysfunctional teams I have ever encountered and a coworker that exhibits personality disorders. Be very careful before you buy into their empty culture.
Pros
Intel employees
Cons
everything else
They do not abide by their core values
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 4, 2018
I was wrongfully let go from this company. The DCO does not have any leadership skills. The hierarchy is so backwards at this company. As long as there is a body, it really doesn’t matter who works at this place. Some of the staff took 3 and 4 hour breaks, but the DCO would make their time cards seem as though they had been there the whole day. HR was called multiple times and they never done anything about the complaints of the staff. It’s sad that all the staff is scared to say what’s really going on to HR, due to fear of losing their jobs. I was the only one who spoke up and was terminated.
Cons
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
Premise health is a good place to work. They have good work/life balance. However, unless you are a nurse or medical provider, not a lot of room for growth.
Medical Assistant (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
A very professional and friendly environment. Very diverse. I'm learning even more on top of the knowledge I already have. Currently per diem but I'd jump at the opportunity to be permanent.
Unstable, Top-heavy, Disconnected with Client Site
Fitness Center Manager (Current Employee) –  New England AreaAugust 7, 2018
The majority of my day was spent dealing with corporate bureaucracy. Each client site is different. As a result, management is completely disconnected with what goes on at the site level. In an attempt to exercise control many useless administrative tasks are implemented. The bureaucracy may be tolerable if you have a nice client site. If not, well....get that resume ready.........
Pros
Paid Vacation Time
Cons
Everything Else
Its a real nice company to work for. We are able play games and have company meetings off campus.
Sr. Billing Specialist-Payment Posting (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 1, 2018
I love my job, very good hour. This is a great company to work, like most companies you do have few lay offs.You do have alot of freedom no micro-managing. The salaries are very comfortable.
Good learning environment but no room to grow.
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 1, 2018
The position you get hired into is it, there is a lead position per shift but someone has to leave or quit, which the turnover rate is very high. They tell you in the interview there is room to grow but there isn't.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
No advancement opportunity
Nice Place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 31, 2018
Due to the very nature of what Premise is, the management can vary widely from location to location. The pay is good, the opportunities are excellent if you are willing to travel.
Team members are smart, experienced and fun to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2018
Amazing place to work. I Love this job. Our job duties are demanding but with great management and our hard working staff it makes our high volume clinic run smoothly.
Poor management, unexperienced managers, micromanagement, rude doctors
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 30, 2018
PLEASE FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO WORK BEFORE COMING TO THIS COMPANY.

Management is inexperienced, like on their employees, treated unfairly. New clinic unorganized, Medical Director is unprofessional talks about other doctors cultures, and calls them names. Wow!!! I knew in my gut this was a mistake we working here from the beginning. Director inexperienced too. Lies about certain benefits. I'm glad I'm not here anymore.
Pros
Some perks at Citibank
Cons
Poor Management, micro managers, rude doctors
Wonderful place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 30, 2018
I've never worked at a company where my coworkers felt like family, until I came here. The managers actually care about you and my coworkers and I spend many hours socializing outside of work.
Best job ever!
Condition Management Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 25, 2018
I loved my time at Premise Health I only with the contract had been accepted/renewed.
Great, close team even though we were in different states!
I am excited to see what Premise Health will offer for the future as they live the culture of innovative, creative environment.
Pros
supportive team leader, great coworkers
Cons
Remote sites are a challenge
Stressful and Disorganized
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 12, 2018
Lots of resources to help but figuring out who to reach out to is a problem. The training is Horrible. They give you everything you can imagine right up front and there is no way to retain all of it. It is nearly impossible to get issues resolved or answers on how to resolve issues. Lots of problem solving on your end. I believe the reason they pay so well is because they know they are going to work the person into the ground. Every site is different but my site was extremely busy and we were very short staffed.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Disorganized Company
good
Patient Care Tech/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
If your organization is searching for a dedicated individual with diverse experience as a leader, you may be interested in my qualifications. I have developed a successful reputation based on my knowledge, demonstration skills and capabilities towards a company’s objective. My work history reflects a diversified background as well as advancement through a series of progressive responsible positions in recognition of my performance and leadership strengths.
I have obtained valuable exposure in many different
A horrible place
Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
This is a very political place to work and it is completely unfair, people hired were not even qualified. There was absolutely no room for growth. If you are an individual that strives for structure an order this is not the ideal place to be employed.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premise Health. Our community is ready to answer.