Premise Health Employee Reviews

Excellent working environement
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJanuary 15, 2019
Phenomenal working environment. The people that work there are caring and helpful. The administration desire to create a growing environment and are there for whatever you need.
Pros
multiple opportunities for growth and free lunches
Enjoyable part of the job
Administrative Assistant/Medical (Former Employee) –  NYC, NY, Jersey City, NJJanuary 15, 2019
I was in charge of maintaining the reports for the each month and year for our site. I was rewarded with positive input by the management team for my effort and results.
At one point my site manager was on military leave for a year and a half and for that time, the corporate office put me as the Acting Manager" for that time.
Cons
Site closing due to lack of work
It is an okay place to work
Health Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 4, 2019
You would think that you worked for the CIA. You can not communicate with upper management, you can not speak to your co-workers about anything. The pay/benefits are not great and it is not stable employment.
Pros
free workouts
Cons
Too many to name
Corporate Medicine
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Premise Health is a great company to work for; however, I am a contractor for HanesBrands, Inc. Hanes employees especially the high management secretaries are extremely verbally abusive and disrespectful to the clinic staff. Unfortunately, Premise Health doesn't seem too concerned with the behavior of their Hanes clients because they are a very large account for them. I have always worked for a medical clinic and physician's for 15 years and working with HanesBrands patient's is just not a great fit for me.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Poor managment and Bulling
Could be better
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 21, 2018
Things could be better, management need more training on how to handle situations & staff.
There is no advancement within the company.
Brooklyn location
Slower, less stress than bigger clinics
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  WyomingDecember 10, 2018
I believe the company overall provides great services to companies providing on site care. The downside is the disconnect from DCOs and the same levels/rules between locations. Manning a 2 person clinic is different from a full clinic. I was not able to work to my full potential. If the provider had to be off for the day, I was very limited in what services I could perform. Not because of my scope or skills, but due to the manager keeping my hands tied. I did not mind the slower pace so I could study for continued education and had great hours. The location was excellent and I had great support locally. However, i was reminded several times, "you don't work for them" maybe not on paper, but yes, technically I was there for for their employees. The DCO did not communicate with me, nor the employer when we had an issue finding a provider when we were down. Instead, left it up to me to find local support. I was able to do the work, but not compensated, nor given authority or respect for that matter when it came to keeping the clinic open and operating at some level for the employees to receive care.
As they say, most employees quit the .manager, not the job.
Pros
Great support from local employer
Cons
Great company beliefs with supporting executive team.
Director of Client Operations (Current Employee) –  worked from homeDecember 3, 2018
Your work day is not typical, every day is different with collaboration amoungst co-workers and meeting the operational needs of your staff and building strong partnerships with your clients. I learned to collaborate with many different lines of service
The most enjoyable part of the job was the management team I worked with and the staff I supported
Hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done
Pros
Support and work culture
Cons
workload
fun place to work
Register Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Hato Rey, PROctober 30, 2018
Premise Health has a opportunity to grow. The team work in these place is amazing, they always support each other. The number one priority is to promote good health
producuctive
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVOctober 22, 2018
A typical work day consisted of working with one provider, one PA and to many nurses. I really enjoyed working at Premise Health, but could have done without the derogatory comments about Hispanics.
the company values my unique skill set
New York, Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
As the Clinical Operations Support Specialist / Clinical Educator for travel medicine, I have a fairly autonomous position that allows me to assist colleagues with preparing clients for travel overseas, provide protocol and policy development and advise on public health initiatives.

As Health Center Manager, I have had the opportunity to educate and counsel my patients as to means to live a healthy life
Pros
autonomy
Cons
2 part time positions
Good marketing Poor execution
Physician (Former Employee) –  not specifiedOctober 11, 2018
I am a physician and found this job the least tolerable of any position I have had in 25 yrs.. The staff are zombies and change so quickly. The company markets itself as some kind of expert in delivery of good health care but they really just phone in support for their doctors and thus the constant turnover of good docs, leaving behind those that really can't get better jobs. I thought it might be interesting but realize that this is not the company they say they are. Maybe some sites are better than others but if mine was so poor, how good can the company really be?
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Not a place for those who want to deliver good quality medicine
not a good company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAOctober 8, 2018
not a good company to work for you work too hard for very little pay. very hard to get answers needed for management when needed. not personal time off when needed
The superviors were very un-prpfesional and had their favorites
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2018
I did not find the supervisor was professional and they had their favorites, one employee was very un-professional and there was never any action taken.
Pros
I was paid with-in my pay range
Cons
The supervisors were very un-profesional
Unexpectedly laid off
Lead Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 2, 2018
Lacking strong management or leadership to ensure appropriate staffing and continuity of care. A lot of internal turnover and lack of attention to qualifications which ultimately led to the need to 'restructure' staff.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Lack of strong leadership
Staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Very disappointed and feel taken advantage of. Poor management and communication. There is no potential for professional growth for staff. They provide poor training and are biased towards some employees. The manager does not foster teamwork and management does not care about patients well being. I hope clients will realize how poorly Premise Health management handles there Wake County section. Patients deserve better quality of care.
Pros
Can’t think about any pros except pay
Cons
Management, please read my review
A great company to work for!
NP (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 19, 2018
Premise health is a leader in on-site work place health centers for large employers across the USA. They have hundreds of clinics and are growing fast.
Great work life balance if you structure and prioritize well and your manager doesn't make life difficult with their own inadequate performance.
One difficulty is that clinics are spread all over so corporate has no idea what happens in the field because they are rarely there which allows problem employees to rot away and create a dysfunctional work environment for others just trying to do their jobs.
To try to deal with that and other similar problems they micro policy and procedure yet if no one is watching/managing at the clinic those policies are not followed creating chaos. Managers re allowed to work at home the majority of the time and only come in to the clinic for a couple hours a week. They do not answer emails or follow up on things that need to be addressed much of the time. makes it hard to work on your own stuff when having to wait for the manager to sign off on things. They have meetings and come late or don't show and don't have anything ready for the meeting. May be at only our small clinic, but it happens here so I guess it could happen anywhere. And when you let higher ups know, nothing happens to fix it. And, how could they not know and not see it at their end too.....I left because the management was terrible and it impacted my work.
Pros
Opportunities with in, compensation
Cons
Management with poor performance floated along and not held accountable.
A day and time as a Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is coming in completing payroll, having a meeting with the medical director regarding improvements to clinic flow. Then later speaking with the staff on how the ideas the medical director offered can be implemented.
Pros
Fun, nice people
Cons
work can be repetative
Good company
LPN (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 18, 2018
Premise is a good employer as far as hours, pay and benefits. The company seems overly occupied with “team building”. Not all work places operate the same as the next and to have that expectation blanketing all sites is unnecessary. That wouldn’t stop me from working for them again, though.
I don’t give management a good rating bc they seem to only care about meeting guidelines and webinars and stuff that just really doesn’t matter within the site. You CAN NOT discreetly speak to them about a problem without it being brought to light and everyone knowing.
Again, I wouldn’t hesitate to work for them again. They do have good benefits and pay.
Pros
Pto
Cons
company getting too big - Takes too many people to make a decision and then have action taken.
RN (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I have worked in 5 different client locations for Premise. Each company had their own rules and expectations. A typical day depended on the client. I learned how to work as a one person unit. Management worked with client to create workplace culture they wanted. Hardest part was loneliness of single person unit. Most enjoyable part of day was working with clients employees.
Premise Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
I do appreciate the mission of Premise health and feel that it is within my values. I appreciate the site that I work at and the pleasant patients I interact with. The patients I interact with are appreciative of the care provided to them.
Pros
Set weekly hours, weekends off.
Cons
PTO days could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premise Health. Our community is ready to answer.