Premise Health Employee Reviews

Stressful and Disorganized
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 12, 2018
Lots of resources to help but figuring out who to reach out to is a problem. The training is Horrible. They give you everything you can imagine right up front and there is no way to retain all of it. It is nearly impossible to get issues resolved or answers on how to resolve issues. Lots of problem solving on your end. I believe the reason they pay so well is because they know they are going to work the person into the ground. Every site is different but my site was extremely busy and we were very short staffed.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Disorganized Company
good
Patient Care Tech/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
If your organization is searching for a dedicated individual with diverse experience as a leader, you may be interested in my qualifications. I have developed a successful reputation based on my knowledge, demonstration skills and capabilities towards a company’s objective. My work history reflects a diversified background as well as advancement through a series of progressive responsible positions in recognition of my performance and leadership strengths.
I have obtained valuable exposure in many different
A horrible place
Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
This is a very political place to work and it is completely unfair, people hired were not even qualified. There was absolutely no room for growth. If you are an individual that strives for structure an order this is not the ideal place to be employed.
Pros
Cons
everything
Beware
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 23, 2018
This clinic is run by VSP, you will have no managerial support, you will be worked to death, absolutely no breaks, and they do not care about you. You will constantly be given more work with less time to complete. WARNING... Read job description, you will be seeing patients every 20 minutes, and are still expected to complete all those extra job duties. Worse patient care ever. It's all about VSP sales.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Cutting edge employer sponsored healthcare provider
Director, Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY home office but traveledJune 12, 2018
Remote worker. Worked from office at home when not traveling. Fast paced position with many responsibilities. Lots of conference calls to participate in or lead each day.
Pros
Autonomy - engaged leadership
Cons
Work life balance
Micro-Management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 11, 2018
No training guidance or program provided. High multi-level management turnover. If you don't mind being micro-managed then you may be fine. Information given is contradicted depending on who you ask and the day. Management drops last minute, rush projects on an already full plate. Creates multiple steps for simple tasks which interferes with the important work and productivity. Mangement needs to learn how to delegate, prioritize and motivate employees.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
Poor management and poor growth potential.
Very Disappointing
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 8, 2018
I would suggest that you think long before accepting a position with this company. Their mission is only written, not lived. The pay is good but not for the nonsense you must endure from management that has no managerial skills and is unable to solve even the most mundane problems. I must admit I would never consider working for this organization again.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Welcoming and supportive
Information Technology Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 31, 2018
Premise Health is a welcoming, supportive work environment for students to be a part of as a summer job. They are kind and patient, and give ample opportunities for students to learn and grow.
Management doesn't have a clue how work with professionals with experience.
RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
Management wouldn't share information vital to job performance. Few if any team meetings that were not a sharing of information but directives from above. No autonomy in scheduling, everything had to go through management. Morale through department low with
Repeatedly disappointed
Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  VariousApril 30, 2018
I was a unit health center manager for several years in a stable if somewhat dull position. My immediate manager was good but senior management was poor and the company often rolled out ineffective policies and procedures with little thought to line staff. I took a more senior position after several years and found there was an expectation to work on average 55-60 hours per week and be on call at all hours, wreaking havoc on my personal life and health. I think the company can be a good fit depending on the account but it really varies. If you think of working there make sure to ask about schedules, training and work life balance and write it down because promises often aren't kept.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of training, overload, long hours, being on call
No Support/Not organized
Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
Management is not supportive. Workplace culture is not as it was, absolutely on the decline. Upper management feels that maintaining the culture does not apply to them. Expected to respond to emails, etc. even when you should be off. Difficult to disconnect from work.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
New senior leadership in the Southern Region leaves much to be desired
DCO (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2018
With so many changes in senior leadership and their lack of transparency, it’s a wonder more client accounts have not been lost. The southern region operationally is dishonest and a discombobulated mess. Good luck with accepting a management role and working under this new southern operational “regime”. The culture has changed for the worse. To be fair, the other regions may be different, but there needs to be consistency.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat, stressful, and no work life balance
Director of Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 16, 2018
Although working with some clients is very difficult, leadership gives you the proper tools to do the job. They work hard to maintain a positive workplace culture.

The best part is the team members!
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
Changes to leadership monthly
Good work team nice staff
Admin asst front desk (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHApril 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time at premise. I was able to meet many amazing people and be the bridge between work and maintain good health care. I was disappointed to have lost my job due to a work injury taking longer to heal but understand in small office each roll is extremely important.
Poor management
X-ray tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 4, 2018
Management is awful.. no knowledge of how to properly operate a facility. No knowledge of how to manage or what X-ray techs do. Poor communication, unfairness, clicky, and hostile work environment. Other employees are lazy, careless, and just overall worthless. I have never worked anywhere this awful. Glad to leave!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
fun work place
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2018
Great team work, management fair, pay lower than market rate but not difficult work, great collaborative physician, flexible schedule, work place balance
Pay good but not worth it!
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 22, 2018
-Pay is good but management here sucks.
-High turnover rate at this specific location.
-Very unprofessional work environment including supervisors!
-No adancement opportunities or cross training unless you’re “favorited”.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
March 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave honest feedback. We strive to provide our employees with an environment where each person feels heard. Hearing both the pros and cons of working at Premise Health helps us make the company a better place to work.

Good place to work, Job was challeneging
Occupational Health RN (Current Employee) –  Toledo OhioFebruary 21, 2018
Overall good place to work, some advancement limitations. The client was amazing to work for and they were very supportive of the Health and Wellness initiatives.
Pros
LOW stress
Cons
0430 alarm + 50 minute drive daily
March 12, 2018

We're glad to hear about your positive experience working at Premise Health. We try to hire top notch talent, and it's nice to hear that we got it right!

Premise Health - Great culture and company
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 12, 2018
As the IT Service Desk Manager, my day to day activities include ensuring adequate staffing at all times during business hours. If someone calls out, or a all hands on desk meeting occurs, schedules will be adjusted. I monitor our call monitoring system (Digium). I monitor Request/Incidents in ServiceNow and work escalations, as needed. Review employee stats from the day before, watching for trends - good or bad. Review Pharmacy tickets (Walgreen's at Premise client sites) and escalated with Walgreen's IT, as needed. I work with the Premise Procurement and the Staples MPS teams as we are beginning to participated in the Staples MPS program. I notify Service Desk staff of Epic Go Live dates, and also Domain Migration...both for specific client healthcare facilities. Mentor employees. Collaborate with colleagues for any ongoing projects and also Major Incident Management review, as needed.
I help "keep the lights on".
Pros
Quality focused company without losing sight of employee morale.
Cons
Currently, in 2 separate buildings 10-15 miles apart.
March 15, 2018

We are grateful to have such a diligent, dedicated, mission-driven member of our IT team! Keep up the great work!

Fast paced and enjoyable
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 1, 2018
Fast paced and supportive work environment. Opportunities to advance and learn. Supportive co-workers who feel like family. Management there to help you learn and listen to concerns.
Pros
company events, potlucks, room to grow
Cons
very busy phones and clinic
March 15, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback. When you chose Premise Health, you chose to work with a family of healthcare experts, and we're happy you're on our team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premise Health. Our community is ready to answer.