Premise Health Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Register Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Hato Rey, PROctober 30, 2018
Premise Health has a opportunity to grow. The team work in these place is amazing, they always support each other. The number one priority is to promote good health
producuctive
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVOctober 22, 2018
A typical work day consisted of working with one provider, one PA and to many nurses. I really enjoyed working at Premise Health, but could have done without the derogatory comments about Hispanics.
the company values my unique skill set
New York, Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2018
As the Clinical Operations Support Specialist / Clinical Educator for travel medicine, I have a fairly autonomous position that allows me to assist colleagues with preparing clients for travel overseas, provide protocol and policy development and advise on public health initiatives.

As Health Center Manager, I have had the opportunity to educate and counsel my patients as to means to live a healthy life
Pros
autonomy
Cons
2 part time positions
Good marketing Poor execution
Physician (Former Employee) –  not specifiedOctober 11, 2018
I am a physician and found this job the least tolerable of any position I have had in 25 yrs.. The staff are zombies and change so quickly. The company markets itself as some kind of expert in delivery of good health care but they really just phone in support for their doctors and thus the constant turnover of good docs, leaving behind those that really can't get better jobs. I thought it might be interesting but realize that this is not the company they say they are. Maybe some sites are better than others but if mine was so poor, how good can the company really be?
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Not a place for those who want to deliver good quality medicine
not a good company
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, GAOctober 8, 2018
not a good company to work for you work too hard for very little pay. very hard to get answers needed for management when needed. not personal time off when needed
The superviors were very un-prpfesional and had their favorites
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 5, 2018
I did not find the supervisor was professional and they had their favorites, one employee was very un-professional and there was never any action taken.
Pros
I was paid with-in my pay range
Cons
The supervisors were very un-profesional
Unexpectedly laid off
Lead Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 2, 2018
Lacking strong management or leadership to ensure appropriate staffing and continuity of care. A lot of internal turnover and lack of attention to qualifications which ultimately led to the need to 'restructure' staff.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Lack of strong leadership
Staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Very disappointed and feel taken advantage of. Poor management and communication. There is no potential for professional growth for staff. They provide poor training and are biased towards some employees. The manager does not foster teamwork and management does not care about patients well being. I hope clients will realize how poorly Premise Health management handles there Wake County section. Patients deserve better quality of care.
Pros
Can’t think about any pros except pay
Cons
Management, please read my review
A great company to work for!
NP (Current Employee) –  USASeptember 19, 2018
Premise health is a leader in on-site work place health centers for large employers across the USA. They have hundreds of clinics and are growing fast.
Great work life balance if you structure and prioritize well and your manager doesn't make life difficult with their own inadequate performance.
One difficulty is that clinics are spread all over so corporate has no idea what happens in the field because they are rarely there which allows problem employees to rot away and create a dysfunctional work environment for others just trying to do their jobs.
To try to deal with that and other similar problems they micro policy and procedure yet if no one is watching/managing at the clinic those policies are not followed creating chaos. Managers re allowed to work at home the majority of the time and only come in to the clinic for a couple hours a week. They do not answer emails or follow up on things that need to be addressed much of the time. makes it hard to work on your own stuff when having to wait for the manager to sign off on things. They have meetings and come late or don't show and don't have anything ready for the meeting. May be at only our small clinic, but it happens here so I guess it could happen anywhere. And when you let higher ups know, nothing happens to fix it. And, how could they not know and not see it at their end too.....I left because the management was terrible and it impacted my work.
Pros
Opportunities with in, compensation
Cons
Management with poor performance floated along and not held accountable.
A day and time as a Manager
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is coming in completing payroll, having a meeting with the medical director regarding improvements to clinic flow. Then later speaking with the staff on how the ideas the medical director offered can be implemented.
Pros
Fun, nice people
Cons
work can be repetative
Good company
LPN (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 18, 2018
Premise is a good employer as far as hours, pay and benefits. The company seems overly occupied with “team building”. Not all work places operate the same as the next and to have that expectation blanketing all sites is unnecessary. That wouldn’t stop me from working for them again, though.
I don’t give management a good rating bc they seem to only care about meeting guidelines and webinars and stuff that just really doesn’t matter within the site. You CAN NOT discreetly speak to them about a problem without it being brought to light and everyone knowing.
Again, I wouldn’t hesitate to work for them again. They do have good benefits and pay.
Pros
Pto
Cons
company getting too big - Takes too many people to make a decision and then have action taken.
RN (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I have worked in 5 different client locations for Premise. Each company had their own rules and expectations. A typical day depended on the client. I learned how to work as a one person unit. Management worked with client to create workplace culture they wanted. Hardest part was loneliness of single person unit. Most enjoyable part of day was working with clients employees.
Premise Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
I do appreciate the mission of Premise health and feel that it is within my values. I appreciate the site that I work at and the pleasant patients I interact with. The patients I interact with are appreciative of the care provided to them.
Pros
Set weekly hours, weekends off.
Cons
PTO days could be better.
Premise does not reflect Intel's culture
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 4, 2018
Management is incompetent in their roles while Senior leadership is completely out of touch. You will work with one of the most dysfunctional teams I have ever encountered and a coworker that exhibits personality disorders. Be very careful before you buy into their empty culture.
Pros
Intel employees
Cons
everything else
They do not abide by their core values
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 4, 2018
I was wrongfully let go from this company. The DCO does not have any leadership skills. The hierarchy is so backwards at this company. As long as there is a body, it really doesn’t matter who works at this place. Some of the staff took 3 and 4 hour breaks, but the DCO would make their time cards seem as though they had been there the whole day. HR was called multiple times and they never done anything about the complaints of the staff. It’s sad that all the staff is scared to say what’s really going on to HR, due to fear of losing their jobs. I was the only one who spoke up and was terminated.
Cons
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
Premise health is a good place to work. They have good work/life balance. However, unless you are a nurse or medical provider, not a lot of room for growth.
Medical Assistant (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
A very professional and friendly environment. Very diverse. I'm learning even more on top of the knowledge I already have. Currently per diem but I'd jump at the opportunity to be permanent.
Unstable, Top-heavy, Disconnected with Client Site
Fitness Center Manager (Current Employee) –  New England AreaAugust 7, 2018
The majority of my day was spent dealing with corporate bureaucracy. Each client site is different. As a result, management is completely disconnected with what goes on at the site level. In an attempt to exercise control many useless administrative tasks are implemented. The bureaucracy may be tolerable if you have a nice client site. If not, well....get that resume ready.........
Pros
Paid Vacation Time
Cons
Everything Else
Its a real nice company to work for. We are able play games and have company meetings off campus.
Sr. Billing Specialist-Payment Posting (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 1, 2018
I love my job, very good hour. This is a great company to work, like most companies you do have few lay offs.You do have alot of freedom no micro-managing. The salaries are very comfortable.
Good learning environment but no room to grow.
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 1, 2018
The position you get hired into is it, there is a lead position per shift but someone has to leave or quit, which the turnover rate is very high. They tell you in the interview there is room to grow but there isn't.
Pros
Learn new things
Cons
No advancement opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premise Health. Our community is ready to answer.