Premise Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Management doesn't have a clue how work with professionals with experience.
RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
Management wouldn't share information vital to job performance. Few if any team meetings that were not a sharing of information but directives from above. No autonomy in scheduling, everything had to go through management. Morale through department low with
Repeatedly disappointed
Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  VariousApril 30, 2018
I was a unit health center manager for several years in a stable if somewhat dull position. My immediate manager was good but senior management was poor and the company often rolled out ineffective policies and procedures with little thought to line staff. I took a more senior position after several years and found there was an expectation to work on average 55-60 hours per week and be on call at all hours, wreaking havoc on my personal life and health. I think the company can be a good fit depending on the account but it really varies. If you think of working there make sure to ask about schedules, training and work life balance and write it down because promises often aren't kept.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of training, overload, long hours, being on call
No Support/Not organized
Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
Management is not supportive. Workplace culture is not as it was, absolutely on the decline. Upper management feels that maintaining the culture does not apply to them. Expected to respond to emails, etc. even when you should be off. Difficult to disconnect from work.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Everything else
New senior leadership in the Southern Region leaves much to be desired
DCO (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2018
With so many changes in senior leadership and their lack of transparency, it’s a wonder more client accounts have not been lost. The southern region operationally is dishonest and a discombobulated mess. Good luck with accepting a management role and working under this new southern operational “regime”. The culture has changed for the worse. To be fair, the other regions may be different, but there needs to be consistency.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat, stressful, and no work life balance
Director of Client Operations (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNApril 16, 2018
Although working with some clients is very difficult, leadership gives you the proper tools to do the job. They work hard to maintain a positive workplace culture.

The best part is the team members!
Pros
Workplace Culture
Cons
Changes to leadership monthly
Good work team nice staff
Admin asst front desk (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHApril 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time at premise. I was able to meet many amazing people and be the bridge between work and maintain good health care. I was disappointed to have lost my job due to a work injury taking longer to heal but understand in small office each roll is extremely important.
Poor management
X-ray tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 4, 2018
Management is awful.. no knowledge of how to properly operate a facility. No knowledge of how to manage or what X-ray techs do. Poor communication, unfairness, clicky, and hostile work environment. Other employees are lazy, careless, and just overall worthless. I have never worked anywhere this awful. Glad to leave!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
fun work place
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 2, 2018
Great team work, management fair, pay lower than market rate but not difficult work, great collaborative physician, flexible schedule, work place balance
Pay good but not worth it!
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 22, 2018
-Pay is good but management here sucks.
-High turnover rate at this specific location.
-Very unprofessional work environment including supervisors!
-No adancement opportunities or cross training unless you’re “favorited”.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
March 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave honest feedback. We strive to provide our employees with an environment where each person feels heard. Hearing both the pros and cons of working at Premise Health helps us make the company a better place to work.

Good place to work, Job was challeneging
Occupational Health RN (Current Employee) –  Toledo OhioFebruary 21, 2018
Overall good place to work, some advancement limitations. The client was amazing to work for and they were very supportive of the Health and Wellness initiatives.
Pros
LOW stress
Cons
0430 alarm + 50 minute drive daily
March 12, 2018

We're glad to hear about your positive experience working at Premise Health. We try to hire top notch talent, and it's nice to hear that we got it right!

Premise Health - Great culture and company
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 12, 2018
As the IT Service Desk Manager, my day to day activities include ensuring adequate staffing at all times during business hours. If someone calls out, or a all hands on desk meeting occurs, schedules will be adjusted. I monitor our call monitoring system (Digium). I monitor Request/Incidents in ServiceNow and work escalations, as needed. Review employee stats from the day before, watching for trends - good or bad. Review Pharmacy tickets (Walgreen's at Premise client sites) and escalated with Walgreen's IT, as needed. I work with the Premise Procurement and the Staples MPS teams as we are beginning to participated in the Staples MPS program. I notify Service Desk staff of Epic Go Live dates, and also Domain Migration...both for specific client healthcare facilities. Mentor employees. Collaborate with colleagues for any ongoing projects and also Major Incident Management review, as needed.
I help "keep the lights on".
Pros
Quality focused company without losing sight of employee morale.
Cons
Currently, in 2 separate buildings 10-15 miles apart.
March 15, 2018

We are grateful to have such a diligent, dedicated, mission-driven member of our IT team! Keep up the great work!

Fast paced and enjoyable
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVFebruary 1, 2018
Fast paced and supportive work environment. Opportunities to advance and learn. Supportive co-workers who feel like family. Management there to help you learn and listen to concerns.
Pros
company events, potlucks, room to grow
Cons
very busy phones and clinic
March 15, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback. When you chose Premise Health, you chose to work with a family of healthcare experts, and we're happy you're on our team!

Employment
NCMA (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 31, 2018
I worked for Premise Health @ Volvo/ Mack Truck in Hagerstown for almost a year. I left a job that I loved and was at for 6 years to make better money. Premise pays very well; however, being a CMA at the Volvo location was absolutely terrible. The management was awful, and the fellow employees were cut-throat and the least bit professional. They did not treat others based on Premise's standards. I would never recommend a job there to anyone. It is no wonder that they cannot keep employees.
March 15, 2018

We're sorry to hear about this situation. We appreciate your honest feedback, as we look to our team members to help us create a better employee experience.

Nice place to work
Health Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 21, 2018
A typical day is 8-9 hours, and pretty consistent. One learns time management, and how to read a contract. The culture is supportive allows for growth
March 15, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and recognizing the growth opportunities that Premise Health has to offer!

Productive and fun with ping pong table
Teradata Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 18, 2018
great place to work. Nice people. management was very receptive and easy to talk to. at the time I left they were going thru a massive change of their EMR system. this was good thing and will reap benefits in the future
Pros
work life balance
Cons
moved away from teradata
March 15, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, and for the positive outlook you have on the Epic implementation across our sites. We're sorry you're no longer part of our team, but we send best wishes and hope that you are thriving in your next opportunity.

Productive and great work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 15, 2018
Productive with great atmosphere and management. Providers and staff are well qualified and provide great care of their patients. The continue to expand their knowledge and the staff all work as a team.
March 15, 2018

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are grateful to have you as part of our team.

great team to work with.
Occupational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2018
Our team had mutual respect and care for our clients and co-workers. A joy to work at USAA in Phoenix the employees are so glad for the care and commitment by the clinic to help them.
Amazing place to work
RN Health Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 13, 2018
Premise is the best company I have ever worked for and they truly care about their employees. They are constantly striving to improve their employees work environment to better care for patients.
thought leader
Director, Client Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2018
great place to work for clinical professionals but internal operations and business structure is clumsy and not supportive to operation managers. high stress, low appreciation
Never get time off
Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 12, 2018
The company overall compensates well, but management NEVER answers important emails, no matter how many times they are resent. Requesting time off 6 months in advance does not matter either because it still is not approved because they can never “find coverage”. This is probably the most frustrating thing, so do not take PTO seriously because it exist but dare not ask to take it.
Pros
Good pay, good hours.
Cons
Cannot use PTO, poor communication from management.