Premise Health
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Premise Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
Premise Health selected this as a representative review
I've worked for this company for over 5 years in different sites as a nurse. Each site is very autonomous and clinics are small. That can be good or not depending on the personalities within it. These are small clinics imbedded in large corporate client sites, focused on providing care to the employees only. Depending on the site contract, that can be primary care, acute episodic care, emergency response, case management and/or workmans compensation cases. Generally, there are only 1-2 staff members on site for a shift at the New Mexico sites, so managing priorities is important. Coming from a hospital setting, I enjoy working in a safe, secure environment with patients who are reasonable and polite. I've found the clinics to be well stocked and very patient focused. I like that there is time for patient education. You aren't rushed to see X number of patients a day like a conventional clinic and you aren't overwhelmed by the competing needs of other patients like in a hospital. You can connect with people and help them make decisions about their health concerns. Policies and protocols are actively documented and communicated. Most everything is done electronically because of the many small locations. Charting is done using EPIC or the client provided software. There is less hands on nursing than any other job I've had because the majority of the time, the nurse is the only provider and we work within a very limited scope: no IV's, blood draws, BLS only, minimal medication administration. Management is off site, so there is a lot of autonomy (and responsibility) - more...
Pros
Patient population, work environment, pay and benefits
Cons
few onsite colleagues, few hands on nursing skills used
December 18, 2020
Your input and perspective are appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We are glad to hear you are happy at Premise as we know you could work anywhere. Thank you for choosing Premise Health!
Premise offers a competitive compensation package and benefits. Leadership is young and progressive. Very supportive and available when it really matters. Very quality focused.
worked with minimal supervision and good support. flexible with days worked and time off. Good overall package of health, 401k and time off. good people
Pros
salary, benefits
December 29, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with feedback. We appreciate your time and dedication to Premise Health and wish you success in your future endeavors. Happy New Year!
Services offered ranged from annual exams to breast cancer screenings, etc. A typical MA job with the exception that you are working for a corporation subcontracted by a company to exclusively serve their employees and dependents only.
Pros
Pay, benefits, 401K, Medical, vision, dental.
Cons
short breaks, not much growth as an MA.
December 18, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with feedback. We appreciate your time and dedication to Premise Health and wish you success in your future endeavors!
Enjoy my work helping client/employees, but there is a definite disconnect between corporate management/DCO and site operations and culture. Work-life balance is a plus, however job security and growth opportunities are non-existent. My entire team was laid off after our client terminated the Premise contract. Overall, compensation and benefits are not competitive enough to make up for this lack of job security.
February 10, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with feedback. We are sorry to hear you were affected by a client site closing and are glad you were able to continue your career with another role at Premise. Growth and culture are top of mind for our leadership teams, and it continues to be a priority for the organization.
The company itself doesn’t care much for its employees at certain contracted sites... poor pay and benefits are worse. Management is almost nonexistent. That means if people don’t get along or do their work correctly there is no accountability. That also means it’s up to you to figure a lot out. I learned a lot and developed many important skills working here. Management is extremely flexible with everyone’s schedules so if you need that it’s definitely a plus.
Pros
Flexibility, loved my coworkers and the providers I worked with, opportunity to learn a lot and work independently
Cons
Poor compensation, terrible benefits, no support from management
December 18, 2020
Thank you for your review. We strive for every employee to feel valued and appreciated and am sorry to hear you didn't feel that way. HR is always available to help guide and coach anyone who feels the same. Good luck to you in your future endeavors!
Director is not authentic or trustworthy, runs schedule short staffed. You’ll cover RN shifts and general office /secretarial work. RNs are not respectful due to manager acting as if you are “same”. No oncall stipend but expect you to answer outside your hours. Very disrespectful to provider level staff. No longevity incentives. PTO caps out after 1 year, no sick time and health insurance premium is extremely high with or high deductible.
Pros
Pay is decent, vacation amt is good
Cons
Treats NP like RN, no sick time, expensive health insurance with poor coverage
December 18, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We do our best to be competitive and offer compensation in a variety of ways. If you have any questions about benefits or would like to speak further about the concerns you raise, please contact Ask HR. We value our employees and would like to hear from you!
Has salary and worked 50 plus hours per week. Management did not support staff as well as was expected. Would have flourished if more support would as given.
November 2, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our team members are very valuable to us at Premise, and we're always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer.
There are a lot of team members who are dedicated and supportive professionals, who truly care about their patients. The problems occur with management. There is a regime of senior management who have become entrenched, out of touch, and not inclusive. They have lost touch and are authoritative and disconnected. They purport to be focused on the corporate culture but this becomes a tagline versus a realtiy.
Pros
Compensation, supportive team members
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement, senior management is not supportive and very cliquish.
November 11, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While we are sorry to hear Premise is no longer a fit for your career path, we appreciate your time with us. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
Job security and advancement No chance for growth.Management Management does not work on site and does not understand the needs and wants for the site. Constantly using job scared tactics about job security from DCOs who are micromanaging from off site. Working with DCOs who don't have a medical background and don't respect others medical expertise. DCOs not having employees back when clientele become disrespectful. A lot of backstabbing. High turnover rate among staff.
Pros
Making patients smile, Pay, Benefits
Cons
No comment
October 20, 2020
Thank you for your review. Our team members are very valuable to us at Premise, and we're always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer.
Job security and advancementNo chance for growth.ManagementMost management is done by off site employees who do not understand what your site needs.OverallHave been with the company through multiple ownership transitions. With each new company buy out benefits were lessened, some taken away like maternity leave. How can a Healthcare company that has a majority of female employees not care enough to provide that. Micromanagement from off site DCO's that do not understand clinic needs. Meeting client wants outweighs good medicine. The PTO plan is nice though. Not a bad company if you are just starting out your career, but definitely will not be able to move up.
October 19, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our HR team is focused on providing development and growth amongst all team members as we understand this is important to our team members. Good luck to you in your future endeavors!
It was always friendly and supportive. Staffing was usually short, and some did not always pull their own weight. Overall it was a great experience and learned many new skills.
Pros
Free lunches friendly enviroment
Cons
Parking downtown
October 2, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your time with Premise and wish you luck in your future endeavors!
The company preaches a good game but it is all talk. There's a disconnect with the site mangers and cooperate office. There is a culture of nepotism & rasicm. Some of the policy's are not employee focused. It feels like you're a contracted temporary worker. If the site reduces hours you're shorten hours and not compensated. You are forced to use PTO and if you don't have any it's unpaid. You're told to punch out for a lunch break but there is no relief and you're not paid for it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lower pay, unpaid lunch, poor structure/orientation, racism
September 23, 2020
We appreciate you bringing your concerns forward and strive for every employee to feel valued and appreciated. Our culture is important us and we would like the opportunity to learn more about your experience by speaking with you directly. Please contact Human Resources and request to speak with a member of the Employee Relations team regarding your feedback and concerns.
Premise Health is a great company to work for. Pay and benefits are fabulous (tons of PTO) and my group manager and DCO were extremely supportive and professional. The whole company culture is excellent and I found management to be knowledgeable and there was always good communication about policies and procedures. The employees at my site were friendly and I enjoyed my time there. I was very sad to leave. Unfortunately, the site transitioned the employees to remote work so I felt like I needed to find a position that was busier. I tried to find another position within the company but there was nothing local to me available.I would love to work for Premise Health again in the future!
Pros
Pay, benefits, company culture
September 28, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with feedback. We appreciate your time and dedication to Premise Health! When you have a moment, sign up for our job alerts in your location so you will be notified when there is an opening in your location. Best of luck in your future endeavor!
It is rare to work for a company that appreciates you just the way you are. I feel so fortunate to work for Premise Health because I AM valued and have a strong sense of belonging at Premise.. from the people I work with on a daily basis to the executive leadership. The work/life balance is the only way I have been able to survive this pandemic. The best part of my job is the ability to leverage my creativity and innovation. Premise Health is an incredible organization doing great things for the communities we serve. I am PREMISE PROUD!!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Meaningful Work, authentic executive leadership
Cons
Healthcare benefits are just ok but lots of additional benefits that balance it out.
November 13, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for the feedback. We are glad to hear about your positive experience with your team members, executives, and the role you are in. We strive to hire top-notch talent, and happy you chose Premise Health!
● OverallThis is a good place to work. Great work environment. A lot of team building activities. Slow paced when comparing to a hospital setting. PRN rate does not match the rates of other places.
September 28, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here. We are lucky to have you!
Been working here for three yars.Great hospital to work at . Team work is utilized most of the time. Pay could be better , but overall not a bad place to work at .
Pros
team work
Cons
pay
September 28, 2020
Overall at my site things were good. Looking at pay/benefits/advancement options throughout the company for Fitness staff - they were below average. My staff and direct supervisor were fun and supportive. Our site was very busy, but some sites are slow.
Pros
Pto & pro development stipend
Cons
Pay, benefits, advancement options
July 7, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. Our Fitness product is a current focus for the organization, along with team member growth, so we will take your feedback into consideration. Good luck to you in your future position!
Not worth it! 2 days week you have to work from 10-7. High staff turnover, manager is new & difficult to work with. The current Nursing staff Is excellent but there is no room for advancement in my position or any of the other positions. It’s very difficult to get time off approved in advance. The cost of their health insurance is astronomical, I pay $750 month for 2 people
May 22, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with feedback, as we want to hear from our team members. We strive for every employee to feel valued and appreciated, so we would like to discuss further. Please contact your HR representative or Ask HR, to discuss your concerns in more detail.
Great place to work, good work life/home life balance. Fair salary. Opportunity for advancement. Great location. Management is fair. Lots of educational opportunities.
May 8, 2020
Thank for taking the time to leave a review and for the feedback! We are glad to hear about your positive experience and that you are aware of all that Premise Health has to offer team members. We strive to hire top-notch talent, and happy you chose Premise Health!
I really enjoyed my job, but the constant change of DCO’s, and lack of proper training of the staff was inexcusable. The leadership at the Corporate level, blame others, for their shortcomings, and are very unfair to their employees. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Unethical leadership
April 17, 2020
Thank you for your review. Your experience does not support the Premise Health culture and we are sorry to hear about it. As we continue to grow as an organization, we are always looking for ways to improve and will take your feedback into consideration.