Premium Retail Services

Premium Retail Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,019 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Premium Retail Services selected this as a representative review
Love doing what I do, love the flexibility, hours are good! I'm always ready for more hours! Love that there's always something new to do, not the same job everytime.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay is reasonable but wish it was more
Company is ok, and tries to accommodate. Must use own vehicle and mileage will add up. Lots of self motivation needed and you will spend a portion of your check to keep working. Company is only busy 6 months out of 12, so you are considered part time. Pay is so low you'll quit and go work at one of the stores you service eventually. Managers are cool. Good part time job for secondary household earners and vacation money, but you'll starve trying to feed a family on the wage.
Pros
Extremely flexible, money is best over Christmas when you need it
Cons
Low pay, must use own car, they don't pay drive time, jobs are are sometimes unclear, client store managers may have bad manners/attitudes
This is straightforward and professional work. Current economy makes it more difficult to observe more specific professional planning because this is a job that requires travel. This job also doesn't require direct as much interaction with the public. Very straightforward in the sense of understanding productivity. Great management communication, very professional, always answers your questions. Easy to concentrate at work.
Pros
This job makes it easy to concentrate on my work
Cons
Travel requirements
Worst company to work for staff and management is very rude. Never met any of the management everything is done through a phone or tablet. No proper instructions on how to set anything in Walmart stores.
Pros
Work freely, drive time work in different stores
Cons
Rude management, no accurate work instructions, can't find half of the products or shipment
Overall, I wouldn't work for Premium. In my area, other hires didn't show up, so I worked full time. I didn't mind as I needed the money. Premium employees also work in Walmart, so be ready to do the Walmart employees jobs too, because they're lazy. Upper management will throw you under the bus, and constantly degrade you, and bother you about sales. They also don't pay you your full commission at the end of every month. In summary, the company isn't loyal to it's employees. That's why premium is slowly being replaced by another company in Walmarts across the states.
Pros
Breaks aren't timed, manager is never there.
Cons
No healthcare, disrespectful management, company is not loyal to you, they also cheat you on your commission.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
poor excuse of a company, if you get sick, you get pointed. Managers are none existent. You cannot reach out to anyone if something comes up. The company does not care about you. No PTO or benefits available as the company will not classify you as full time employee no matter how many hours you work.
Pros
Cons
Terrible atmosphere
This company was a waste of time. This company is not considerate to people who have made mistakes in the past. They will hire you and run background after you start and will not give you an opportunity.
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
The job itself is awesome if you don’t mind working inside of a Walmart. The only issue I personally had was no training. I was supposed to have 2 full days of training and only got 5 hours of it. The systems are slow and bad and you do have to wait on the people that actually work at Walmart who really don’t care that you need help. I only saw my manager once after training and it was for 20 mins.
Pros
Work by yourself, great hours
Cons
Management, Walmart employees
They do not warn you in the application that you will be working inside Walmart. You will constantly be mistaken for a Walmart employee and even if you correct the customer and explain to them what you do and who you work for some will still insist you help them because some of Walmarts employees will purposefully ignore their presence. Meanwhile, you're constantly being hassled about meeting your sales quota. You get a simple high five for the day if you meet it and a bunch of finger wagging/guilt tripping if you don't. They switch up annoyance tactics they feel will increase your sales such as punishment calls, reporting your numbers hourly till you get a sale and putting you on blast in front of coworkers when your numbers are low via group chat. If you're into chasing people and pressuring them into purchases, this job is for you. If you're looking for something laid back or predictable I wouldn't recommend this. If not for the quota the managers themselves are pretty cool but the business model makes for a very high stress environment in what should've been an easy going job.Half the time just processing applications is a problem because of technical issues and dealing with carriers that never seem to want to answer the phone. Be prepared to be on hold for hours at a time. If you have a customer that wants a new line with no carrier history it can take 1-4 hours to get it approved and it still might get cancelled if the carrier decides they're a high risk to finance. Then the customer will blame you for it not working and making them wait.
Pros
Self timed breaks, Management not typically in store
Cons
Lazy Walmart employees, Quota pressure, waitng on approval from carriers, being mistaken for tech support by prepaid customers
Premium is very Flexible. No direct interactions with management or other employees for the most part. Work at your own pace as long as you meet deadlines and report then you’re good to go.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
On feet the whole time, working in retail environment
I worked for this company for 6 months until the point I couldn't take it anymore. Most of the time I would work 6 days of out the week due to people calling out. At first they make it seem like it'll be a grand experience in the selling industry. Until you're about 3 months in. Co workers are cool if you get the right team, management was absolutely terrible. Specifically upper management. Upper management would bag on my co workers and I for not succeeding our quotas. However, this job was based in the Antelope Valley, where the population is lower than other cities in the LA area, Antelope Valley is also where people come for cheaper houses. Management expected ridiculous qoutas and be Littled us when we didn't hit them. Management became so unprofessional that my team manager started lying and spreading rumors about co workers and I. What are you in middle school??? I finally quit after that. It was fun for awhile with the people I met. 10/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Poor Management
I love my job, when you do this job you have to be self started and talked to all the managers in this company also if you have question about any product or package to the shipping dept.
I worked for this company a year and a half, went through 4 managers and never met one in person. There was a period of time I didnt even have a direct manager to report to, which would have been ok in the context of business changes, but they never informed me. Communication at this company was very poor which resulted in a lot of unnecessary stress. Pay was alright but not worth it in the end.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No consistency, no pay raises, no opportunity to excel
I have worked for Premium for several years now and they are a great company to work for.. competitive pay, flexible schedule, & very friendly professional people
Pros
Pay scale
Cons
Not paid for mileage
I do not recommend working here. You are constantly overworking yourself and you only get paid for what time they want to pay you for. There is no communication. I once had to be out of work for a week and they took my schedule for the rest of the month. They don’t care about you or your well-being, they are just worried about you finishing what they want at any cost. They also wouldn’t reimburse me for mileage when I was driving was work at two different stores in two different cities.
Besides the lack of communication between management, none responsive HR, unrealistic sale goals, absolutely no way to move up, and just all round being treated like garbage. This company is an awful place to work. The turn over rate with managers and employees is insane. Managers will try to sneak up on you and take pictures of you if they see anything they don’t like. They completely freak out if you ever call in sick. They said I couldn’t have off for my grandfathers funeral if it fell on a workday due to them not having bereavement benefits. I could go on all day about how bad this company was to work for, but all I’m going to say is don’t waste your time.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Managers, scheduling, Hr, basically everything else.
I was paid 12 dollars an hour for stuff that other employees were being paid more to do, the managers don’t really care about your success. The trainers tell you that you can place things in order and as long as you get good pictures that’s all that matters and there is no organization. It’s hard to get ahold of managers and it’s even harder figuring out the system. Overall a bad place to work
Two years being with this company is an joke. No pay raises, no paid time off, no vacation pay, and no pay sick leave. The benefits are an joke for the company when it comes to health and 401k since they don't cover for none of it. The management are dumb as an box of rocks never text or call you back all the time when you need help. Do yourself an favor don't work for this company rather work for Walmart than them.
Pros
$11.25 per hour and travel pay of .58 cents
Cons
no pay raises, dumb free stuff, and benefits are an joke
Everyday is working by yourself. You almost never see your team in person. You work out of various stores, depending who the client is. Management and the whole team are thoughtful and helpful. Many people will go out of their way to help the entire team out. Opportunities for growth arise, but not frequently. Raises do not seem to be common. Not recommended if you need guidance more often that not.
Pros
Freedom of working alone. Great co-workers and management. Helpful throughout. Offers Medical, Dental, and Vision. 401k, as well.
Cons
Almost always work alone. Must be self-sufficient. Opportunities for growth are not common.
The best thing about this job is the flexibility it offers. I can work pretty much any hours I want too. But having to drive all over and deal with grumpy Kroger’s managers makes the job difficult and exhausting. Also it’s the same repetitive thing everyday...makes for a boring workday
Pros
Flexibility, offers mileage and drive time pay
Cons
Rude store managers, too much driving, manager often forgets important info
In my geographic area it seems the company can’t find new hires that stay past the first few projects. Training is lacking and could be the reason new hires don’t stay. Also, when I need time off the work can’t be covered, yet other times I am asked to cover extra jobs out of my area.The electronic reporting system works well and not many system issues. However, there are some situations that a question has no accurate answer to select from; regarding the way the job is explained/written in the report survey. Otherwise easy to follow and report. Suggestion: It would be handy to have job instructions available even when the job is done, just for reference.Training: When some new clients/projects are assigned, some written instructions are endless and even experienced reps need help to interpret it all. Supervisors don’t usually know the answers. It would help to ask other reps but need contact info if possible.Shirts can be costly when income is low, and get washed often and wear out fast. could the company provide 1-2 shirts per year?
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy work, good for part time
Cons
Need better training, better coverage, pay increase, supply new shirts yearly