Premium Retail Services Employee Reviews

Freedom self paced job
Retail specialist (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GASeptember 16, 2018
Premium retail services is awesome. You travel to to local stores (mines is Wal-Mart) but you get gas reimbursement. And great pay wages. You learn somethjng knew each visit.
Pros
Make ur own schedule
Cons
Some service orders are challenging withoht a manager or someone showing you tge correct way
Traveled 4 days a week, then 3 days later on when company Premier Concepts, the original company, was bought by Premium Retail.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 15, 2018
I traveled as far east as Hugo Ok With servicing stores in between, north Atoka Ok, south McKinney Tx, west Ardmore-Madill Ok - to 2 or more Walmarts per day. My position reported to clients of products by photo taking and email. I was quality control representing products, speaking with managers to praise or bring issues to their attention, built displays, my stores were good at keeping my products on the shelf.
Pros
Wonderful supervisor
Cons
After 5 years, the traveling, and then walking the store floor all over became too much for my body aches
Good
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VASeptember 14, 2018
This is a job where you can make it whatever you want. This is a great job to get retail experience. You are given a lot of online instrutions. You must have access to the computer.
Pros
You create your schedule
Cons
Salary
Not Bad
Google Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I've worked at a few different companies like this one. Overall it isn't the worst, nor is it the best overall. I appreciate the position and opportunity that was given to me.
I have one of the amazing boss's a person cloud ask for
Zone specialist merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 13, 2018
I love my job with them theresblow season just the same as peak seasons as well where you work none stop and they have all kind of work we are always doing diffrent jobs so it sont get boring
Steady job and great supervisor no advancement
Director Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day is working with multiple vendors in the CPG industry. Learned how to juggle multiple projects, high profile interactions and pressing deadlines. Workplace culture very structured. The hardest part of the job was no flexibility in work/life balance, time to report to office along with no ability to work from home. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with knowledgeable individuals in the business and great vendor partners.
Pros
Steady work great pay
Cons
No flexibility in workplace
poor management
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 11, 2018
unprofessional business
disrespectful managers
pointless job
lack communication
takes forever to receive uniform and badges
waste of time on together
Cons
pointless job standing for hours doing nothing at all and waste of time
Flexible, but crazy inconsistent.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 10, 2018
The best part of the job is being able to work (sort of) whenever you want. Most jobs have weekly deadlines (sometimes longer for bigger/extra jobs, sometimes shorter), but as long as you meet your deadlines and aren't in the stores at a time when the store manager doesn't want you there, you should be fine. Some store managers can be a little unreasonable with their reps, but most are fine. You're almost always working on your own, the only interaction you have is with store personnel, and that's pretty infrequent, so that could be an issue for especially social people. The downside to the flexibility is that it's flexible for the companies contracted too, so your hours can vary pretty wildly depending on which stores you have. I've gone from 50-60 hour weeks to five hour weeks, although that's not really the norm and it seems like they've taken steps to fix that a bit.
Pros
Variety of work. Flexible hours. Pay is pretty good, especially if you're efficient.
Cons
Hours inconsistent, not feasible as a full time job. Never really see co-workers, so it doesn't feel like you're really part of a team.
Productive and excellent company
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2018
Excellent work and family balance. Very good company to work for. Premium Retail cares deeply for the welfare of their employees while maintaining and providing excellent service to their customers. Corporate office is always available for support and guidance. The relationship with Walmart is outstanding!
Good company to work for
Oculus Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Good company to work for, multiple programs and jobs available as well as the ability to advance as they like to promote from within, premium is flexible
Let's have fun, but get those shelves up.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 5, 2018
Premium Retail Services is a company whose focus is on retail assistance doing store resets and displays. Your work involves changing stores displays either for an individual product line or for a whole store. You work with a bunch of fun people because the work is low stress even with its deadlines. Management points out what you have to do, sets a team leader, says 'GO' letting you do the job and giving help when needed. A typical job will include removing product from shelves, cleaning shelves and displays, rearranging shelves and displays, locating product for the new set up, setting the product according to a Planogram (a pictorial representation of how the display should look) and cleaning the area in which you were working. The hardest part of the job is probably the stooping, bending and setting on your knees (pads recommended). Setting the display and seeing your work after it is done is very satisfying.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, interesting work.
Cons
Awkward work position
Very disorganized, low job security
Google Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 4, 2018
This is a company for college students who need part time work and don't mind having their assignment canceled without notice. Cool work with the google program, but that's all it had going for it.
Pros
Cool culture, interesting work
Cons
No job security, no immediate management depending on area, disorganized.
Regional Manager Top End Program
Regional Sales Manager - West Coast (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CASeptember 4, 2018
PRS never trained me to use their systems. Had a few hours training on 3 different admin systems crucial to my job. Had to learn on the fly. PRS forced a ramp up hiring plan on me that made zero sense as I had to hire about 1 person every 2 weeks then, had a 2 week period where 15 people needed to hired within. Deployment strat was horrible and uncompromising. Work life balance they pitch crumbled within the first 6 months. PRS removed 9 of the 14 managers in the program and more then doubled the regional managers workload. No additional pay and no raises were given to any RSM for the almost 2 years I was there. It was discussed we would receive a large annual bonus since we launched a ground breaking product for one of most famous and well funded companies in the world. I received $74 as a Christmas bonus and card that said my bonus was on the way. That was actually the entire bonus. I averaged 60 plus hours a week, lost more then half of my mandatory time off every week being forced to work on my days off. I was then fired from PSR after almost 2 years because i complained to HR for months about the fact I was a 97% annual reviewed manager x2 and I had not received a single pay increase. I worked the largest and sales heavy market and my team was top 1 or 2 in performance every month. I had extra expectations due to client proximity then other managers. PRS was well below average in many aspects and their HR department's only concern is protecting the company, not you the employee who is being mistreated and overworked according to their polices. Be wary.
Pros
work from home
Cons
zero work life balance, low pay and almost zero upward movement, tedious corporate processes and over communication, excessive meetings
n/A
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 30, 2018
I really liked this company great coworkers and managaement was amazing all mostly becuase they helped a lot when needed qucik to answer. And pay was great
wasnt with them long
Retail Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, NCAugust 30, 2018
wasnt apart of it long. seen there was no management free to help with any issues. couldn't get any one on the phone for issues. needed help an couldnt find it. felt lost and abandoned at times.
Pros
close by my home
Cons
no help for seekers
I liked my co workers
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone it was nice but the random call saying I can't work was shocking and I already work for a company part time I don't see what the problem is
Its a great job.
Samsung Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 23, 2018
Not a bad job. Great for part timers looking for extra work. Would had loved to stay and continue with my job field. worth the time and effort. Great travel
Poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Crescent city, CaliforniaAugust 18, 2018
My manager would schedule me for 8+ days in a row. Was told we'd be paid commission but never received any. No benefits that were promised when hired other than sick leave which you can't use.
Pros
Cons
Schedule, no benefits, lack of training
Good place to work - management supportive
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 16, 2018
Best of the rest. Good place to work - management supportive. Team effort and team players. Provide detailed instructions for each and every project which are easy to understand and implement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Premium Retail Services - Typical Third Party Rollercoaster
Field Sales Manager/ Samsung (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaAugust 13, 2018
Having worked for four different third party employers, it was no surprise that this position lasted less than two years before PRS lost the contract and my position ended along with the contract. You have to consider any field position with a third party company as temporary.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Often unrealistic expectations from the contracting company, expecting 50-60 hours per week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premium Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight