Premium Retail Services Employee Reviews

Former Retail Service Specialist
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Premium Retail Services for the short time I worked there. My manager was nice and so were co-workers I met as well. Had to service different products in Walmart stores. Company provided tablet to do work. I mostly used my cell phone because tablet was on the big side. Had to put out clip strips and see about battery islanders as well as sidekicks. Had to communicate with store managers to put pallets out on sells floor and other products as well.
Pros
Not full time
Cons
Pay was okay
Great part-time job
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2018
Ability to work flexible hours around my full time job. Lots of variety working with different types of products and different stores. Ability to learn that stores rely on merchandisers to assist in their stores.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes stores did not like you not working during the day
Good for yearly contracts
Google Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 4, 2018
If you're looking to gain experience working for top companies third party, this is ideal. I have been doing this for over 3 years now. I like the fact that Premium takes their time out to plan fun trips once a year for training and such but it's hard to get a pay raise or move up in the company.
Work alone so you must be goal oriented
Merchandiser/Vendor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 2, 2018
I love working for Premium Retail there just aren't enough hours per week. If they offered more hours the job would be absolutely perfect for me! I love management!
Pros
Paid gas mileage and they issue you conpany laptops and tablets
Cons
No Healthcare for part time employees
Good to work for. Lots of diversity in the work environment. Great assortment of work.
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Atlanta/ metroOctober 30, 2018
Fexible hours with some bonuses. Great work experiences. Lots of learning of different independent jobs. Working with others as a lead has it benefits
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
N/a
The Premier Concepts side of the company is decent, but the other side of Premium Retail Services wants you to work off the clock and poor management.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington County, PAOctober 27, 2018
I have been expected to work off the clock and have been threatened with losing stars in my star rating that you have with the company which is pretty laughable really.
Flexible, but no room to grow
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 26, 2018
The job is very flexible - you get to schedule your own jobs for the week. A typical day includes going to a store and merchandising various products. (For example - batteries, clipstrips, toys, and food products at Walmart) Each store has different tasks to accomplish each week, and you usually have to take pictures of what you do.

I've become very detail oriented and self motivated thanks to this job, however there does not seem to be any room for growth. The hardest part of the job is always working with store managers, particularly at Walmart. They tend to be very uncooperative.
Pros
flexible, jobs are usually easy
Cons
no advancement, hours drop significantly outside holidays
Great place for flexibility
third-party vendor/representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2018
This job is amazing. They pay $16 an hour starting pay, pay time driving, & reimbursement mileage for travel and cellphone use for work. Great management and very flexible.
Pros
$16/hr, paid drive time, reimbursements
Cons
sometimes there’s alot of driving
Decent place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 22, 2018
Premium Retail is a decent place to work. Like most jobs, get to know your coworkers and especially management, and try your best to do well. There is room to grow, albeit limited room.
Non existent management staff
Retail Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HIOctober 18, 2018
I got hired for a specific store at a specific wage. What I got was a whole bunch of non sense 15 min stops, along with too many other stores at less than the states minimum wage. They expect administrative at home service with no pay. No mileage compensation. And very unprofessional to expect everyone working there to be part of social media. Also after the initial “this is how to work our website” the people that say I’m here to help are snappy, snooty, or just non existent. Didn’t bother to go further with this company once I saw that my wage for a certain store was like $6 an hour less than described to me at time of hire.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bait and switchers
Field Sales Manager- Samsung Mobile (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 15, 2018
Im sure it depends on what you are doing for the company, but i loved it under the Samsung FSM program. It was super flexible and the management is hands off.
good place to start a career
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  remoteOctober 8, 2018
Good place to start a career, pay scale isn't aggressive at all. Work life balance was ok, due to working remotely. Great management group and team environment.
Great people, flexible work schedule around my continued college education.
MARKET SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2018
Great people, flexible work schedule with ability to work around my continued college education. Availability to select job/work assignments and work schedule hours assignments.
Pros
Great part-time opportunity to work as a student.
Cons
Productive and interesting job assignments
Brand Ambassador ; Part-time (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
The time at Premium Retail was a great experience and will always go back again of the opportunity arises. The management was very thorough with our responsibilities that are provided.
Hard to make a career with a 3PL in the field
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2018
Being in a contract position is nerve racking for your family. You could be an outstanding performer, but the company can lose a contract all together. You are not guaranteed to go to another program. I would suggest those who can up and move around with various positions, it is a good company. If you are fortunate to land an Executive position in certain programs, they are likely to have you home based with travel. Other than that, you are looking into Chesterfield, MO for all other upper leadership positions.
Good company, not enough hours. Not willing to put me in areas I live
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 1, 2018
Enjoy the work I do but hours have been reduced not enough to get by on with just this company. Hours and job locations have been changed. Cannot get enough hours.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
Not enough hours
Ok work place
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJSeptember 28, 2018
Premium Retail is a nice place to work due to the fact that they allow you to make your own hours for most jobs. At times they give you jobs that require appointments and set times
Pros
mostly flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of honesty, and loyalty to employees who have been there and have never missed a job service order
Relaxed yet fast pace but super EASY!
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I really did enjoy working for Premium. Everything was super easy, given the fact that I've done that type of work before and for the same big box stores in the past. If you've never done plan-o-gram work or any kind of resets in the past this may be confusing to some, as each retailer has different names and print outs. I didn't need any training, I worked alone and made my own schedule just as long as work was completed by the due date. This was a temporary job, if the company paid drive time and mileage I would of most likely stayed, but to be driving around so much to do petty projects that would take no more than 5-7 minutes was ridiculous.
Pros
Make your own schedule, work as many days or hours you want. Getting to meet new people, great for networking.
Cons
Low pay, drive too much, no mileage or drive time, No advancements
Good company, Just unorganized
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 25, 2018
I was hired @16.25 a hour , Which was good money so I quit my other job, but when the resets were over , I had no job..no one would answer my questions, Management didn't know anymore than I did. No where did my paperwork state that I was only hired for these resets, I will never work for this company again!
Pros
great pay
Cons
management did not know what they was doing one day from the next
Smoke and Mirrors
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 24, 2018
When you apply they tell you pay and hours in my case 20 to 30 hours a week. Great I thought that will be perfect plus I get to make my own schedule. The app may say 30 hours a week for one week but once you get there and do the job that the recommended time for was 3 hours in 30 min you start to see what I mean. I had more hours training than the actual job. Don't waste your time, plenty of other merchandising companies out there with better pay, benefits, and management.
Pros
Make your own schedule. Decent hourly pay if you get hours.
Cons
Literally everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premium Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight