Premium Retail Services Employee Reviews

Room for advancement
Project Coordinator/ Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2019
Not always enough hours or too much Not always well informed. company individual experience while employed there
i liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
Pros
paid travel
Cons
can be too much travel
Never a dull moment
Jr. Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2019
Premium retail has sales contracts with many big name companies in the tech industry like Samsung, Google, Facebook, just to name a few. Even though work is on a contract basis, the contracts typically stretch on for years and years. In fact, many of my colleagues have been on the same contracts for close to a decade. Job security is definitely job one with Premium Retail. If I had to complain about anything, it would be the traveling. While not a deterrent, it can be tedious at times but still nothing to seriously complain about. Especially since they compensate you for it.
Pros
Fun and exciting products, always meeting new people, pay
Cons
traveling
Flexible Hours and Personal life balance
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2019
I liked having flexible hours and being able to move things on my schedule around so I could go to doctor appointments or personal things.
Management is either all over you or no where near you.
i liked being able to go to different locations and see different people daily.
Did not like the mileage program. Put hundreds of miles on my car and paid more money into gas than i was compensated for.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay, miles on car, no benefits
Great for flexible hours...terrible training and support from manager
In Store Service Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 17, 2019
I LOVE the flexible hours! You schedule your work (within a several day time period) so it's perfect to work around your lifestyle.

Training is lacking. While there are some online courses, they do not cover vital aspects like understanding service orders. My in store training consisted of a couple hours on the most basic aspect of the job...the easy to understand part. When I have questions, I ask my district manager and I often do not get a reply.

I'm not exactly sure what their star ratings effect, but I do know that they do judge photo's wrong and when I questioned one my manager said to send him the info and that was the last I heard about it.

I like to work hard and do my job properly, but without in depth training and support from management it's a lot of guess work and hoping.

If you get offered a job, take it...but don't over stress on the service orders...and keep looking for a better job.
Pros
Being able to do your work on the schedule you want
Cons
lack or training, lack of management support, no appreciation
I loved my job and what i do my manager not so much
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I absolutely love working for Premium Retail Services in the Wireless department. I loved my customers and my district manager and my co-workers. My district manager not so much. He is a very young egotistical man who will not stop long enough to let another person speak their mind in any conversation. Even when I would sell every single day he would go find something wrong with me and my actions.
Pros
Great customers great regional management
Cons
Bad Immediate upper management
I lost so much weight from the stress
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Was the most stressful job with no incentive that i have ever had. I oversold, always made my quota but still no benefits. the job is a bust. no good.
Pros
Erik Robertson
Cons
Hostile Walmart Relations
Good Job
Third Party Vendor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2019
Worked here for a few years and honestly enjoyed it. Another company found me while working with them and Premium just wasn't able to provide me the stability I was wanting.
Pros
Salary, Jobs Duties
Cons
Hours, Job Security
Worse Company on Earth! Greed defines this company.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 11, 2019
Working at Premium Retail is the equivalent to slave labor. They pay you little for all the stress and expectations of the job. They pay the merchandisers $11 on average which is the same as a the lowest wage at a retail store. Its such a slap in the face to all there employees to pay practically the same as a cashier at a retail job. They rate you in every single category. They expect you to hassle managers and constantly keep up with all data at home. They act as if they are paying you $25 dollars an hour.

They have you do a variety of things with little time to do them. Premium Retail gets large contracts from major corporations. Yet they pay there employees peanuts for doing all the work. If you don't do everything perfect they lower your rating and will attack you. The company does not care about its employees. There is no employee benefits. Thankfully I quit because the hassle is not worth it!

I do not recommend this company in any way!
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
Low Pay, Stressful, High expectactions.
Waste of time
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 10, 2019
This company gets contracts from large firms and provides labor for them. The less they pay the more they make. I would not recommend this company unless major changes are made.
unrealistic espectations
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
from date of hire was promised tools that were never delivered. no uniform or id badge even through was specifically expected to have one. management has no experience or understanding in some of its markets. question and answer format of job assignments do not include enough options to accurately answer questions. was assigned jobs without basic training which was provided after the jobs began. in many cases retail clients did not understand what premium retail was doing in their stores the assigned tasks or goals. made the job a real challenge.
Pros
decent pay, some flexiblity
Cons
lack of access to support, clear feed back, or training
Flexible, No raises.
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 3, 2019
I enjoyed working at PRS but there isn't any job advancement, no pay raises, no paid vacation or sick days. Management good. 3-12 hours per week unless your on a dedicated team. Paid mileage over a certain amount of miles. Avg pay is $10/hr.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours, no raise, paid vacation or sick days.
You go out of your way and do your job and then some and your not compensated
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 29, 2018
I work and do my job and i have to take on the job of covering others work as people do not want to actually work. This company is very cut throat as if they feel you have to many hours they will hire someone for that store and cut your hours and put them in the storenyou thought was yours
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
They hire people for store you think are yours and take them away from you
The best workplace
MerchandiserMerchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 26, 2018
Excellent place to work
You learn new skills everyday
Team work
Support for everything
Flexibility on your schedule
Monday to Friday
Opportunity to grow
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Part time
No support from upper management
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 22, 2018
The overall pay of the job is decent but it's a joke compared to what the competitors are paying which is the reason why we have high turnover. Upper management is a joke, hardly see that on the field to help support.
merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 20, 2018
I go into different stores and have different jobs all the time. I do resets,revisions,audits.I travel a lot to 5 different county's.I interact with management.
Pros
Differents jobs
Cons
Traveling
Great company to work for
Wireless Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMDecember 17, 2018
Couldn't be happier with my coworkers, my boss, and my leadership structure. Very good social networking system for employees to communicate and interact with each other. Great company to work for.
independent workload
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 11, 2018
This job is easy, very independent, you get service orders and basically just schedule when you are available, complete work and submit. As long as you show up and do the work and take the pictures to show you actually did the work you are fine.
Pros
independent work, own schedule
Cons
slow communication, no communication for points being docked by photo raters
One of he Best Merchandising Companies Ever
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 5, 2018
Premium offers more opportunity and and unlimited potential for advancement if a person is interested in full time work and building a career. They have the best management teams I have ever worked with and are very good about assisting those of us that can only work Part Time.

The only drawback to Premium is sometimes as a part time worker and being on SSI Disability I have to watch out aout earning to much income for Social Security and the only other drawback is some Brand Ambassador Positions require more hours in a day or several long days that should not be an issue accept for those like myself that are on disability.

The Sales jobs are great fun and very educational and a great way to in keep touch with emerging Technology
Pros
Pay, Hours, Management Guidance
Cons
Work security, consistent hours, travel
Corporate Support was Paramount
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CADecember 3, 2018
I enjoyed the Position until the Job description change twice during the 1st yr.. I ended up going from a Full time Field Position to a Full time Phone support position.
Pros
Self Governing
Cons
Micro Management
flexible
Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 27, 2018
flexible and stress free. very mobile, lots of driving to other locations. but can be compensated for gas. technically a part-time job, so certain times of year, hours are low.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premium Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight