Premium Retail Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Careful
Nest Field Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 17, 2018
Don't make this your forever career. This company relies on contracts. They will end and you will have no work no matter who you are and how long you have been in the company
Pros
work/life balance, make your own hours, 401K
Cons
use your own car, temporary contracts, no job security
I would not recommend this job to nobody and job seekers need to look at some other job / company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff MoJuly 15, 2018
I started working February 5th for this company I had 6 stores starting out I did a lot of traveling for them and a lot of work I merchandised and put up displays took counts and stocked
the hardest part of this job is dealing with the pressure of store
( Wal-Mart ) managers all day long the job does not offer
NO Benefits
The company took away all 6 of my stores and now I have only got
2 stores per week that is not a pay check and it is not worth my time I get 8 hours a week now because this company decided to take all my stores away that I was traveling each week and give them to another employee this is an insult to me when I haven't even quit or resigned from working here
I wish that I never heard about Premium and its stores it is a messed up company they don't know half the time what they are doing and the communication and training is terrible they do not give you any praise for anything that you do you are on your own
doing those stores that they have
your also running your gas and mileage up on your car but they don't care about that even though they pay a few cents per mile
they just want you to get those stores done for that week
Pros
None at all
Cons
8 Hours per week and no descent pay to live on
One of the best companies i have ever worked for
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 9, 2018
This company offers you your choice of work says reinbusrtment for gas. It also trains you how to profe r your job and utilize all your resources holiday bonuses and also cares ,helps and maintain there employees welfare
Pros
Love
Cons
Part time
Good Place To Work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJuly 7, 2018
Decent Company Low Hours! Work Was Not Difficult, Fun Experience.Enjoyed Going And Servicing The Stores I Had On My Route,Always Friendly, Products Were Always At The Location!!
Great job just need more full time hires
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  MSJuly 7, 2018
I am in love with Premium and it is a great team to be a part of. The only negative thing I would say is not having the opportunity for full time status to receive any form of benefits. Other than that its perfect.
Fun
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 6, 2018
With this job you are able to be yourself, without someone standing over you all day telling you you're doing wrong. No one will no if you mess up learn from your mistakes and correct it next time, Enjoy yourself and the joc
If you don’t mind low pay then this is great
Store Representative (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 6, 2018
Was told when I was hire I would be bumped up to $12/hr because of my experience, still at a pay rate of $11.25/hr. Also was told it would be 21-30- hrs a week and that is completely not true! When you have to pay for day care your pay check will simply be going to your babysitter!
Pros
Yes very flexible to work into your daily life
Cons
Not the right pay or enough hrs.
work at your own pace within window of jobs
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 3, 2018
like being self employed, schedule your work with in the window provided and switch when ever you want.not bad till christmas. compensation for driving and gas a little lacking.
Doesnt care about family
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2018
My husband worked here. I didnt ever get to see him. They work holidays. They take advantage of a hard workers like him. They dont care about family. And they dont even pay enough for him to be out on the road all the time. Horrible company to work for. Dont recommend it of you have family you want to see all the time.
Fun work enviroment flexible work hours
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 28, 2018
A typical work day was was starting at 9 am an having a meeting with the group then spitting up to do individual assigned tasks after four hours of work taking lunch. After lunch another quick meeting an working again till task were completed. Great place to work plus the option to travel if desired to.
Pros
Good pay options to travel
Cons
Sometimes having to work long hours
Unorganized liars
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 26, 2018
I worked 90 hours a week, mostly 7 day work weeks. I had my own stores plus covered stores due to lack of other merchandisers. I had drive times between stores of over an hour, yet didn't get drive time. The bonuses that were promised for covering stores weren't paid out, not was mileage. Forget about benefits.

I enjoyed the independent work environment and planning my week according to where I wanted to work on a particular day. But prior months of the various weekly projects not getting done due to the stores not having a merchandiser was horrible. The managers were angry and called corporate to complain, so that became my fault. The store managers didn't even know what merchandising companies were servicing what clients. Again, my fault.

Other merchandisers in the area are elderly, and when servicing my stores for some reason or covering stores, shopped or chatted with store employees only. I was witness to this and also fielded management complaints. It was too much to cover for.
Pros
Independent work environment, various projects
Cons
Managers, lying about bonuses, low wages
Poor management and upper management
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 25, 2018
They will tell you anything to get you to pickup extra work projects. Never have enough employees to cover areas, so are asked to got to other locations. Clients, stores are not happy due to no reps being in stores because can’t get anyone hired for Positions.
Pros
Sometimes able to pick up hours
Cons
Poor management. Very unorganized
Productive & Clear-cut
Pet Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJune 20, 2018
Well paid job to check brand stock and to share brand information with customers. Collaboration with store employees was sometimes difficult, but it was do-able. Occasional need to provide customer assistance for in-store questions
Pros
Decent pay, flexible hours, independent assignments
Cons
Little information provided for certain assignments: a bit confusing at times
Flexible
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 20, 2018
Travel from store to store training associates and managers.
I learned how to build relationships with store employees.
The travel can take a toll on an employee depending on the region.
A great independent job that allows you to understand essential retail functions.
General Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 14, 2018
I schedule all of my work for whenever I can complete it, as long as it is finished by EOD on the specific due date it is very flexible with your hours.
Pros
Independent, easy work environment
Cons
minimal training, little to no human interaction when it comes to training, instructions for service orders can be vague and sometimes too informational.
No benefits unless you are full-time
Representative and Trainer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 10, 2018
I left my full-time position from another company on the idea I would be full-time and was told I had to work 3 weeks before I would become full-time. The Full-time position never came even though I worked over 40 hours a week. I lost my benefits by taking this position.
Pros
Independent work schedule
Cons
Didn't pay the mileage I was told I was going to receive during training, Never had training for advancement, nor was it a full-time position as promised.
Good company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 7, 2018
Sometimes they are not understanding my last manager was not a fair person but hours and pay is ok some weeks were overtime others where very slow not many hours
Pros
Cons
Little hours
low pay
Zone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 6, 2018
Most days no management support. Training is very limited or not at all so you're set up to fail. Premium is one of the lowest paying merchandising companies. Job instructions are poor.
Great Part Time Job
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TX 77546June 6, 2018
This company is great, if you are looking for a part time job for extra cash. The hours are flexible and you can set your own pace. I would suggest this company to anyone.
work independent
Marketing product (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 4, 2018
this company is a place of growth if you want it.
This company will give you the project until you cant keep up.

promotion comes fast in the type of work.

you do all the driving to all clients locations.

from building displays or help store pack out product.
Pros
work on your own most the time promotions and monthly bounus checks with 5 star rating
Cons
they give to much to complete in not enought time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premium Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight