Premium Retail Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Assisted Sales
Assisted Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day: Arrive at assigned store, Educate and sell pet food and products to store customers. Maintain stock on shelf for the product(s) represented. No hard parts to this job. I enjoyed interacting and educating customers about the products and loved that they brought their pets.
Pros
Like the interaction with customers and their pets
Cons
Not enough hours
Not Bad Depending on your Manager
Google Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 28, 2018
At first when i started working for Premium everything seemed like it was gonna be really good. Then i started Training which consisted of just a 2 day crash course with my manager before i was off on my own. I was expected to be on conference calls before the work day that i didn't get paid for. I eventually got a hang of the job after a rough couple of months and it wasn't bad i got paid well and the job wasn't hard.When i tried to talk to my bosses about advancement in my job the refused to talk to me about it. After a couple months of trying to talk to them and my numbers being one of the best in the district even winning a company contest and still getting no where is when i decided to leave. On my last day it was announced that a bunch of new higher positions were now available.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Perks, Easy Job
Cons
Management Bad at Communicating
productive and innovative workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 22, 2018
Friendly environment. difficult tasks. learned a lot in past 8 months. people are friendly and helpful. good management, exposure to the new technologies
Review Summary
Market Training Manager/ Texas-Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma, TXJanuary 21, 2018
A typical work day at Premium Retail Services consist of several conference calls, planning out your work day for field activities, and some time is spent working alone to get daily tasks completed.
A Job Without Work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJanuary 19, 2018
I was looking for a part time job with a schedule that would not keep me away from my wife for an extended period. She had a stroke last year and it just would not be a good idea to be away from her for long periods of time. After I retired from many years in retail our finances took a serious hit because of her stroke. Merchandising was something I was good at doing so when Premium called me one day about a part time merchandising job I was relieved. I thought I would be able to bring in the extra income we needed without leaving my wife alone all day. My excitement soon turned into disappointment. They offered me jobs ("service orders") that were thirty or more miles from my home and of course they don't reimburse merchandisers for mileage from their home to those jobs. Additionally there are administrative things I had to do on my own time - such as scheduling service orders, submitting daily time sheets (mine with zero hours), etc. This thing just turned into a big disappointment. In theory it would have been the perfect job considering our circumstances. In reality it started to turn into a job without work or the pay.
Pros
Perfect schedule
Cons
No work and low pay.
Everyone is paid the same
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 18, 2018
I like the variety of work, the different retail stores, store mgrs and employees are great.
Met a lot of nice people. The work was easy to do.
Worked own hrs as long as you met the due date.
Common sense helps a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job is doing the job finishing it with pride, you competed it on time and to the best of your ability. I alway set a goal of the amount if work to accomplish in a day so by the end of the week my work is reported on time.
Mgr of stores are happy to see me and thankful for completed jobs in their store.
Pros
Work indepently, work your own hrs., meet a lot of people
Cons
No earned or paid vacations. No sick days
Good Company
Trade activation Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2018
Work 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday

Good Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision

Great Manager - Very Supportive

Good Workplace Culture

Great Growth Opportunities
Pros
Great Growth Opportunities, Good Benefits
Cons
Job Opportunities outside of Home Market - Willing to Relocate ?
The pay was great
Reset team member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2018
The pay was great, but did not have constant work. We would work for like three weeks and the next weeks after that we would not have work for the next few weeks. I couldn’t wait on that.
Premium Retail
Zone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 9, 2018
Worked here for a few years and as great. The hours worked well with school, was able to complete jobs throughout the week as long as they were done by the end date it did not matter when they were completed.
Need more pay
ZONE LEADER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2018
Job is laid back, fairly easy to manage day to day life with kids, school or anything else. No one really standing over your shoulder. Simple jobs, not very demanding.
Pros
laid back, you make your own hours
Cons
no real room for advancement, pay is horrible
it was a great and fun place to work
Samsung tv sales rep. (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJanuary 5, 2018
to was fun until thing changed. new managers and you hires didn't make work fun any more. it got stressful when its not that hard of a job to do. new mangers are wack
Pros
get alot of toys to play with
Cons
new managers dont know whats going on.
Official response from Premium Retail Services
May 7, 2018

We're sorry to hear the job got a little too stressful for you. Rest assured new managers go through training to fully understand their roles.

Human Resources

Productive and Enjoyable Work Environment
Google Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2018
The environment was great, the coworkers were supportive and friendly. Managing was on par. I learned how to manage myself and other workers as well. A typical day consisted going to a tech store and selling Google products along side friendly store vendors.
Flexible and No Stress
Samsung Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2018
During my 6 months run with Premium Retail, It was really great. My direct manager was very laid back and understanding, while upper management was passionate but all about helping you succeed and placing you where you felt you're most comfortable.
Pros
flexible schedule, great communication
Cons
time between jobs, mileage without pay
It's Okay
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 5, 2018
I'm neutral about it all. It's okay. Sometimes the winter season can be slow for obvious reasons but it's still a nice place work. The work is quite delightful when it picks up. Can get 25-30 hours worth of work a week and get it paid for that as well as mileage and travel time.
Wonderful place to work
Google Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 3, 2018
This was a great place to work, was able to create my own schedule and work around my family obligations. The compensation was great. The job that I was working on ended, but I'd go back in a heartbeat.
It's better than fast food work.
Retail Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2018
You are not co-worker you are an employee and nothing you say matters only the bottom line! They have little to no communication between mangers and employees. When you are contacted you are wrong!
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Started out okay until...
Zone Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIDecember 20, 2017
I picked up this job right before my job on the Solar Project Team for Best Buy was phased out. I liked the flexibility I receive and the new faces I meet. (With some exceptions, not all store managers are pleasant people.) Issues began arising when I found there was no compensation for my drive time to job sites, and I kept having service orders dumped on me that were an hour or more to drive out to. There was plenty of work in my area, but my manager decided since I do so well on my jobs why not send me out to do other jobs that people didn't do right. Seemed OK at first, but the wear and tear on my vehicle, being practically escorted out of some locations and not being allowed to do my work, then to top it off manager coming down on me like it is my fault, I began seeing why so many other coworkers were quitting.

Im still currently working for this company until I can actually find another flexible job like this one, but if you are thinking of this being a long term job... Don't because its not worth it. Between the stress of working the hours of a full timer, but only getting part time benefits because I was hired in as a part timer, and manager getting snappy with me over jobs I couldn't do because the locations had security walk me out because they didn't want me there due to problems they've had in the past just isn't worth it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management, no benefits, no mileage or drive time pay
I would not recommend
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 19, 2017
You get no training for this job. You're your own boss and choose what locations you want to service and the amount of time you want to spend doing jobs. In my area, there was hardly any work to be found working for this company and I would often only have about 8 hours worth of work for a week.
What you do in this company is that you go into different stores in their network, like Walmart and Home Depot, and you set up little displays, fill certain items, or reset small sections of an aisle in that store. so, you pick the tasks you want to do, then you go to the store and you have to talk to customer service or a manager, then hope they know where the product is in the back room. If you go in the evening, you're less likely to find anyone that knows anything about anything.
In general, they don't teach you anything, everything is somewhat confusing, you won't get hours unless you maybe live in a heavily populated area, and you have to get information from incompetent workers.
Pros
They pay for travel - up to a certain point.
Cons
No training, No hours, Confusing
Very flexible schedule
Google Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2017
The best thing about my role with premium was the schedule flexibility. I'm not sure how across this board this flexibility may be though, but my area manager was great about working with my school schedule. Compensation was ok. Health benefits were a bit on the expensive side, but most packages in retail are.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
room for advancement, expensive health benefits, no tuition reimbursement.
Premium Retail Services
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 9, 2017
Premium Retail is a great company to work for. Flexible hours. Great managers. Good response time for question asked. Must be able to work independently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premium Retail Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight