Preply
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Preply Employee Reviews

Set your own price and schedule and teach people from around the world.

pros: Preply is a great place to work for those that want to create their own schedule. You can also set your own rate for classes. The platform is easy to use and there is plenty of material to choose from.Preply also provides courses that help tutors improve their teaching skills. Customer service is helpful but at times it takes too long to resolve issues.

Ambiente di lavoro stimolante e molto smart

Ideale se vuoi lavorare nel settore dell'insegnamento, ma sei ancora uno studente e quindi hai tempo da dedicare al lavoro sulla piattaforma

Flexible working but low pay

Preply takes 100% of the commission on every trial lesson and then 33% thereafter. The first couple of weeks you essentially are working for free, making it unsustainable to live on. Its flexibility is what Preply has going for it, that and meeting people from all over the world, but you would struggle to make this a full time job.

Pros

Flexibility, freedom, can work as much or little as you want

Cons

Crazy low pay

Great experience!

Overall satisfied, I feel happy when I come to the office and sharing my experiences with other team members is always possible and allow us to learn from each other.

Flexible contract work

an overall very flexible contract tutoring platform. You have the flexibility to dictate your rates and schedule, but the company will collect commission on any lessons you teach.pros: incredibly flexible with high autonomy.cons: 100% commission on the first lesson with a client and a relatively high rate after that. Not much hands on tutor support.

Good platform, but hard to make a living

Pros: You can set your own hoursYou can easily reschedule lessonsVery nice platform that functions well Very responsive. They get back to you quickly Cons:They take 100% commission on the first lesson with every new student you get They take between 18%-33% commission on every lesson after thatToo many tutors so the competition makes it hard to earn a liveable salary No job security Overall a decent place, nice teaching platform, flexible, responsive, but very hard to earn a liveable salary even after many years with them.

Not a good option for experienced language teachers

4 key points:~ Good if you need experience to learn the ropes of language teachingBUT~ Takes a long time to develop a reputation & so your rate stays low (in order to get learners)~ Most learners don't want to pay much, so it's difficult to earn a decent rate~ Preply takes 33%(!!!) of your payment charge to learners - keeping it attractive for their customers but TERRIBLE for teachers trying to earn a living

your own "boss"

It is a good, flexible workplace. You are able to manage your own schedule. You can decide about your salary, but the global market pushes down the payments. Of course, if you are a language teacher you may have more opportunities.

Flexibility and suitable in low cost of living countries. Beware of some pitfalls

Preply was a useful company to work with as an independent English tutor where tutors are not officially employees of Preply, but simply use their platform. As a result, I set my own hourly rate and they provide the platform that connects tutors and students from around the world., Preply also provides educational webinars for professional development.In general, it works well yet could be improved upon., There are pitfalls, but a professional and organised person will find working with the platform to be useful, especially for digital nomads living in low cost of living countries.

Pros

Flexibility - 100% control over schedule, Hourly Rates - you can set your own hourly rate from $3p/h - $100p/h+, Interactive English learning material is provided for tutors to use during classes.

Cons

100% commission to Preply for every first lesson with EVERY student, 33% commission during the first 20 total hrs to Preply reduces to 18% commission after 400 total hrs, No employee benefits as you are not technically an employee.

A nice side job so far

I'm still a bit new, but so far this has been a good side job. It seems to take a while (maybe close to a year?) to manage full time hours, but it does happen.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Finding enough students/hours

Lack of tutor rights.

It's very disappointing that students can rate us and berate us for minuscule reasons but we are not able to do the same. Students are over bearing and demanding and preply does not make it easier on us teachers. The trial lessons are the worst, we work tirelessly not to get paid, on average 3 out of my 5 lessons per day are trials. All that money lost and we still have to tolerate horrible students especially the ones from India!

You are irrelevant

Get accepted, start getting students and have no expectations from Preply... They manage from a spreadsheet and has no flexibility in their system. Things are the way they are (or changing how they wish) and if you like it or not, you can stay or go. Don't get your hopes up if you are looking for an inclusive environment. You are a number and if you continue or not, they don't care.

Pros

Set your own price.

Cons

Trust and honesty

A good place to start

I'm an online English tutor. Before Preply I struggled with finding students. Within the first 48 hours, I had already booked 7 new students and felt overwhelmed. I also went from $10/hour to $20/hour in two days. I can see how I got lucky and got many students at once, but I know a few people who didn't find it that simple.They have a plethora of ready-to-go courses, but I tend to teach my own stuff since I've worked as a teacher before. In general, the platform works well. There are some bad things, for example, the screen-sharing options is awful and there is no option of sharing sound only. I had to adapt to teaching by using a whiteboard only.I also wish the commissions were a bit lower. And the free trial lessons are just bad. In the beginning, I spent hours teaching for free, making Preply hundreds of $.Overall, I'm quite happy with the platform. It's simple to use, I enjoy the calendar feature, but I wish that students couldn't just reschedule lessons to whatever time they feel like. At times I need some preparation before the class.

Can be a good

I started working for preply and was overwhelmed with new students. My first month of working I had no time off and was doing lessons all the time. In retrospect I would have started out at a higher rate for my lessons. The materials that are provided are okay, but I usually just use my own materials.

Pros

make your own schedule

Cons

no work life balance, high commission

good to give a try

I think its a good platform to freelance.It is sometimes difficult to get students after the first trial lesson. The technical support is responding quickly.

Empresa dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar .

A minha avaliação da empresa Preply onde trabalho é nota 1000.

Pros

Eu tenho meu horário flexível. Eu recebo o meu salário sempre em dia .

Cons

Somente tenho a dizer coisas boas . Gosto de trabalhar na Preply.

Easy part time flexible job

As an English tutor on the platform, I get to set my own rates and work whenever I want. Only thing I don't like is the fact that students can be inconsistent and it takes a while before the initial 33% commission Preply takes becomes 18%. Good if you want a flexible extra income.

Pros

Flexible hours, set your own rates.

Cons

Unstable hours, high commission.

I am able to meet people from different cultures. Flexibility.

Great place to work. Flexibility and more flexibility. Great support from staff and lovely students. I would recommend for any freelnace teacher. Try it

Cheap poorly qualified tutors

As a tutor I never found this useful. I got few students, because I would not lower my rate to $5 or $10. And then they would still take a third of it. Support is slow, incompetent, and inconsistent. I used a few tutors to learn something new and was disappointed. Some are cheap and woefully unqualified for anything. Some are overpriced but know a little bit. They were all friendly and tried to make me feel good about progress but the fact is that they really knew very little.I encouraged a friend with excellent credentials to apply to this system and they were rejected with no explanation.So this is only good for budget tutors with poor qualifications and it's sometimes overpriced even for them

Productive and fun

I have been working / teaching on preply.com since 2018, it a well trusted company which connects the teachers and the students from all across the world. I had students from Norway 🇳🇴 Australia 🇦🇺 Canada 🇨🇦 America 🇺🇸 and UK 🇬🇧, where I had most of my students from America and the UK.Thanks to preply.com for helping me in my needy days. 😊

It's okay!

It's okay. You've got to be patient before you get students. The main thing that is terrible about this company is that you don't get paid for trial lessons so you actually end up doing a lot of free work. Like hours and hours of free classes. And they take a lot of commission as well. The support team is great though they always reply super quickly.

Pros

- support team replies quickly, - you set your schedule, - you set your rate

Cons

- you end up working for a free a lot, - they take huge commission, - can be difficult to get students when other tutors from less expensive countries, undercut you massively

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits