Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 12, 2018
Worked as a CNA in long-term care serving memory care residents. A typical day was extremely fast paced early in the day since there is so much to do: help residents get ready for the day, pass medications, sit in the dining hall for breakfast, and be available for daily activities.

At times it felt as though you were the only staff on the floor, though help was always available through the intercomm system. Administrative staff always made themselves available and listened when explaining personal or professional needs.

Only downsides would have been occasional delays in delivery of equipment or supplies and lack of managerial staff on weekends, both were typically not an issue.

The workplace culture was pleasant and supported by a clean and safe work space. Residents and staff alike were very friendly and good to work with.
Great people to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2018
It was a great place to work. I worked with geriatrics and loved that population. The nursing staff was fantastic but stretched thin. The SNF unit has recently been upgraded from double to single rooms, which makes it easier to work with patients in their rooms and protect privacy.
Pros
Very flexible with schedule days and times.
Cons
Difficult to write notes in a room full of therapist with limited computers.
Fast paced Health Care Organization
EPIC Informatics Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 9, 2018
My typical day may vary from training of doctors and nurses to providing support to the 3 largest clinics in the city of Albuquerque. I work closely with the clinic management team to ensure workflow efficiency with the EMR. I work very independent and travel between the clinics to the main office to conduct training. I enjoy my job because of the variety. I am able to provide knowledge and skills to those I support, making their job more efficient and productive, giving them a sense of accomplishment. The diverse personalities are the most enjoyable and sometimes the most challenging part of my job.
Pros
Working with a diverse group of individuals, and knowing I have the ability to enhance their skills with the EMR.
Cons
Driving in the Albuquerque traffic to get to my locations
Presbyterian aGreat Place to Work
Sr. Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 2, 2018
*Busy
*There is a lot to lean about healthcare
*Management was fair to all
*Everyone worked as a team
*not being able to help everyone
helping others
Pros
Helping both the patients, staff with important information needed for patient to recieve the care needed
Cons
not being able to help everyone who needed help
As a pta
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 10, 2018
Where I was the manager had a huge "big lady on campus" air about her. She was pushy and fake and always was talking about religion at work which was really irritating. Pretty passive agressive as well. But the company itself is GREAT to work for.
Pros
Great company in general
Cons
Small town manager stunk
Excellent place to work with good employees and activities.
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 10, 2018
Great place to work and can move up or transfer to other departments.

Busy at work as soon as you arrive until you leave. Didn't have enough people in the group for the work.
I learned a lot because I was trained for the job.
Management listens; but must decide what is best for the organization. May have a few changes for the better.
Pros
Great people and benefits.
Cons
Enjoy Balloon Fiesta; but interrupted me getting to work.
Productive workplace with abilitiy to improve any healthcare skill
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMJune 8, 2018
I enjoy working for Presbyterian healthcare. The staff and interactions with patients give me the ability to do what I say I will do for Presbyterian. I am currently in my second semester of nursing school and hope to finish with my RN to come back and work for this company.
Pros
Pto, weekends off, holidays and flexible hours
Terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Espanola, NMJune 4, 2018
They lie to patients, not patient focused, money driven, low staff ratio, disorganized, lack of communication between departments, once pressed the wrong button in management and fired me, found out 3 months later as a provider I was working not covered and nobody knew!
Great co-workers
Patient Coordinator/Scheduling Dept (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 3, 2018
Excelling at your position did not matter when it came to trying to move up in positions. Too many politics and all of the team leads and supervisors were very "clique", so they only promoted their friends.
Exciting job just had to move
Novant health (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2018
I've learned there you gotta be very careful and to put on a good attitude throughout the day. I met a lot of my goals working there the employees were nice and helpful.
Pros
Nice comuntiy
Cons
Poor management. Write ups for work not input even though you have computer problems.
Care Coordinator IIII (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMay 13, 2018
I worked three years for this company and had my direct supervisor harass me even when she was on vacation. The training was poor and required you to be in a hotel room for six weeks. Then after the training it was still a lot of information that had never been discussed. Rude managers that yell and jump to conclusions before asking questions. Don’t support the direct patient coordinators.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor management
Was a great company
Acting Manager, Lead Help Desk II (Former Employee) –  Socorro, NMApril 27, 2018
I was outsourced to a company that paid poorly. I had wanted to retire with PHS but that was ruined by the CEO and the Outsource company.They also stopped the pension
Good Employer
Appeals and Grievance Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2018
For the most part I like the company. Just not happy with my department and not many other placed I can go without taking a pay cut. I would love to stay with the company if I can just get out of the department.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2018
Typical day at work started off quickly in the MICU, the unit was consistently full. I learned a lot in this unit from a medical standpoint, ESRD, CHF, RF, etc. The hardest part of this job was the paper charting, ability to read physician orders that would cause a frequent delay in patient care, outdated form of charting and communication.
Pros
Clean hospital with a good reputation.
Cons
Staff wasn't as friendly to new staff.
General mataince
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2018
This was a very good place to be working I liked the people there and the hours are great I'd recommend this company to other people because it gives you room to grow
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Only temporary
Hospital Jobs are the worst
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Plains Regional Cancer CenterApril 10, 2018
This hospital in general was terrible. Too many chief not enough indians.

Always coming up with stupid ideas to improve workflow. They ask you how they can improve the hospital and don't listen to anything you say.

Very stupid culture . God help you if you end up working in Clovis.
Pros
I liked the cafeteria
Cons
Everything else
Emotionally rewarding work environment
Quality Safety Metrics Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 5, 2018
Presbyterian was good to me and met my needs for thirteen years.

The management team was good and had the patient's best interests at heart.

Pay was challenging but I felt valued overall. The culture of care cannot be beat however.
Very focused on improving NM's health and well being
Women's Service Line Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2018
Very passionate group of people. The health of NM citizens is primary. CEO is very approachable, team works well together. Need more providers in state.
Fun work place
Patient Visit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 20, 2018
Loved my coworkers, fun atmosphere, parking was great. Overall great, except upper management very insufficient lately. Lowered employee satisfaction due to drastic changes and no raises in the company for the last couple of years.
Pros
Drug rep lunches
Cons
Short staffed
Flattery is key
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 20, 2018
You can only advance/keep your position based on how well you kiss up to your director/supervisor not based on your performance. Hard work will go unnoticed.
Pros
PTO accural
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight