Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Leadership
RN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 10, 2018
Poor leadership skills in some departments. Employees are not supported when conflict occurs. Too many meetings and not enough follow through to implement process improvement.
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 1, 2018
The training took place for 2 weeks from one area to the next. Who ever was training you at that time was very helpfulThe leads had a open door policy
‘Liked my work schedule.
Registrar II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 22, 2018
Enjoyed working in the emergency room, it was fast paced and every patient is unique. Enjoyed helping patients. Enjoyed working with staff. Always something exciting happening.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
LOW wages, over worked and not appreciated
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 18, 2018
If I didn’t like the people I worked with, I would of been gone a very long time ago. BEWARE they lie when you are told PTO. It’s only PTO if you have worked for it. It takes a month (2 pay periods) to earn one day off here.
They work you to the core and rarely if any wage increases. However, administrators keep receiving wage increases.
Benefits are so expensive to pay for as well. I couldn’t afford health insurance for myself and child because other wise I wouldn’t be able to afford a place to live or food in my home, so I had to get Medicaid! How sad and unfortunate. I’ve been there almost 2yrs and everyone keeps saying how “it used to be so much better.” If I wasn’t desperate to pay my bills I would quit! So much turnover!! Moral is low because of the work load and patients suffer as a result. CEO should be ashamed for lying to the public about this organization
Pros
You pay for a name that’s it!
Cons
Benefits and wages!
Heavy administration
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 11, 2018
The company coffee mugs should read, "I have attended another meeting that should have been an email," thus wasting money that could've been used elsewhere. The administration has an opportunity to change healthcare, but they are comfortable. Change is not good when one is comfortable. Therefore, hiring includes " yes-men and women." It's an unfortunate place to work.
always enough work
Remote Medical coder II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 8, 2018
excellent team work, always plenty of work, very satisfied with every single person in my team. great flexible options, reasonable, random overtime. happy
Used to be better
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 5, 2018
It used to be a great place to work. Lots of benefits, fun times, good teamwork, good management. When they switched presidents, the organization began going downhill fast. There is way too much middle management. There is absolutely nothing anymore that makes Presbyterian stand out from other healthcare facilities. They do a lot of things right, but the things they do wrong is surely not worth it.
Pros
People I work with, hour lunch, inviting community
Cons
Pay, management, employment design
it was ok
Customer Service Center, Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2018
I liked that I was left alone all day to do my job

people in my team are cool
they have a cafeteria
pay was good
2 breaks and an 1 hr lunch

job was easy
Plenty of room for advancement
NURSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 7, 2018
Presbyterian offers a myriad of opportunities for employees to advance. Provides several locations and departments where you can transfer from one to the other.
The compensation is good and fair, benefits are adequate and they provide cross training and plenty of opportunity for education.
the environment in the ED versus other departments can be challenging and morale is somewhat low.
Pros
compensation, benefits, educational opportunities
Cons
challenging environments
Good
HOUSEKEEPING, Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 5, 2018
Goodwork zone, good benefits, i like work here, lots of diferent things to do
Is
Epic Credential Trainer, ASAP (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 25, 2018
Presbyterian is a wonderful organization that respects their employee and mission. Everyone there works towards the same goals and go above and beyond to each them.
Commercial Hospital Biller (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2018
Perks are gone. Management and Supervisors are in meetings all the time. Good raises are given to the elite few if you get one. There is too much favoritism in certain departments.
Pros
flex time
Cons
Nepotism
Great experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 12, 2018
Worked as a CNA in long-term care serving memory care residents. A typical day was extremely fast paced early in the day since there is so much to do: help residents get ready for the day, pass medications, sit in the dining hall for breakfast, and be available for daily activities.

At times it felt as though you were the only staff on the floor, though help was always available through the intercomm system. Administrative staff always made themselves available and listened when explaining personal or professional needs.

Only downsides would have been occasional delays in delivery of equipment or supplies and lack of managerial staff on weekends, both were typically not an issue.

The workplace culture was pleasant and supported by a clean and safe work space. Residents and staff alike were very friendly and good to work with.
Great people to work with
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2018
It was a great place to work. I worked with geriatrics and loved that population. The nursing staff was fantastic but stretched thin. The SNF unit has recently been upgraded from double to single rooms, which makes it easier to work with patients in their rooms and protect privacy.
Pros
Very flexible with schedule days and times.
Cons
Difficult to write notes in a room full of therapist with limited computers.
Fast paced Health Care Organization
EPIC Informatics Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 9, 2018
My typical day may vary from training of doctors and nurses to providing support to the 3 largest clinics in the city of Albuquerque. I work closely with the clinic management team to ensure workflow efficiency with the EMR. I work very independent and travel between the clinics to the main office to conduct training. I enjoy my job because of the variety. I am able to provide knowledge and skills to those I support, making their job more efficient and productive, giving them a sense of accomplishment. The diverse personalities are the most enjoyable and sometimes the most challenging part of my job.
Pros
Working with a diverse group of individuals, and knowing I have the ability to enhance their skills with the EMR.
Cons
Driving in the Albuquerque traffic to get to my locations
Presbyterian aGreat Place to Work
Sr. Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 2, 2018
*Busy
*There is a lot to lean about healthcare
*Management was fair to all
*Everyone worked as a team
*not being able to help everyone
helping others
Pros
Helping both the patients, staff with important information needed for patient to recieve the care needed
Cons
not being able to help everyone who needed help
As a pta
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 10, 2018
Where I was the manager had a huge "big lady on campus" air about her. She was pushy and fake and always was talking about religion at work which was really irritating. Pretty passive agressive as well. But the company itself is GREAT to work for.
Pros
Great company in general
Cons
Small town manager stunk
Excellent place to work with good employees and activities.
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 10, 2018
Great place to work and can move up or transfer to other departments.

Busy at work as soon as you arrive until you leave. Didn't have enough people in the group for the work.
I learned a lot because I was trained for the job.
Management listens; but must decide what is best for the organization. May have a few changes for the better.
Pros
Great people and benefits.
Cons
Enjoy Balloon Fiesta; but interrupted me getting to work.
Productive workplace with abilitiy to improve any healthcare skill
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucumcari, NMJune 8, 2018
I enjoy working for Presbyterian healthcare. The staff and interactions with patients give me the ability to do what I say I will do for Presbyterian. I am currently in my second semester of nursing school and hope to finish with my RN to come back and work for this company.
Pros
Pto, weekends off, holidays and flexible hours
Terrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Espanola, NMJune 4, 2018
They lie to patients, not patient focused, money driven, low staff ratio, disorganized, lack of communication between departments, once pressed the wrong button in management and fired me, found out 3 months later as a provider I was working not covered and nobody knew!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight