Play YouTube video button

Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

United States275 reviews
Featured review
Presbyterian Healthcare Services selected this as a representative review
There's an opportunity to work in an office or work from home. Flexible schedule to accomplish work duties and home life responsibilities creating bal
Presbyterian is a great place to work. Allowing each person to have balance between work and home based on their own individual needs. The work environment is suportive.
Pros
Flexibility with scheduling appointments for work and personal life.
Cons
Isolative due to working from home. The team meets once every 3 months.
February 5, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed working with Presbyterian Healthcare Services!
Awful
The residents have to wait long periods before being taken care of, the staff is unhelpful, and good forbid you have a dr note with a weight restriction or your pregnant no help especially if you work overnights...expected to lift and roll residents without help that weigh 250+ and you have to be cleared by the EHN before returning to work and she takes her sweet old time getting back to you.
See below
The holiday policy is terrible, you wind up losing hours out of your vacation. Pay is good, but insurance package is high. Education opportunities are a joke.

The management is hostile, creating a toxic environment.
May 13, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your feedback is valuable to us and will be shared with the appropriate department.
focus driven
The work environment is full of people who are there with a desire to move forward with the work. Its fast paced and full of energy.

Issues exist in the silo style work environment each team seems to operate in, this is a hurdle to be overcome.
May 1, 2020
Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a great experience and we look forward to an on-going relationship with you. Thank you for choosing Presbyterian!
Na
Presbyterian is a great place to grow. There are many opportunities within. Management is equipped to help you succeed. You can begin you career at an entry level.
May 1, 2020
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Best company
Company that cares for their employees and show it. Benefits great, pay is nice and even bonuses on occasion. Burma’s struggles in healthcare, short staffed at times. Ability to advance, or float to learn new things is always available.
Best job I’ve ever had as a nurse.
May 1, 2020
The supervisors who work for this company do not care about you or anybody underneath them. The only thing they care about is themselves. They are never available and do no have theiremployees backs
Pros
Cons
Poor management
April 6, 2020
supportive learning enviornment
strong push for patient centered care and quality medicine. hours can be challenging and interfere with home life but the pay is competitive and benefits are good
April 6, 2020
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your service at Presbyterian. Your feedback is valuable to us and will be shared with the appropriate department.
Productive Enviroment
High volume.Structure. Department is allowed to work from home. Filing workers compensations claims electronically thru 3 party vendor. Working to insure claims are processed and paid correctly.
March 25, 2020
opportunities to grow
I have been a Pres employee for over 7.5 years. I have grown in terminology regarding the Oncology dept. I enjoyed my position, which I am currently PRN, but I would like to find a full-time position in order to continue with my studies achieving my BSN.
March 25, 2020
Patients are garbage, so are hired help
Dirty rotten garbage from the CEO on down. Dirty garbage no decency no respect no nothing. These folks will not be around for long I hope. Garbage can.
Pros
Cons
Alot
February 27, 2020
Love Presbyterian Healthcare services
I personally love working for Presbyterian. I have a great manager and great team. I do understand that within such a large organization others may experience pro's and con's within their own departments and can only encourage them to communicate to their leaders and or HR who I have found to be extremely helpful and accommodating. Every company has a bad manager here and there and from everything I have seen, Presbyterian is very focused on making sure they take care of their people.

One thing i will point out for people reading these reviews is to pay attention to the city listed for the review. Presbyterian is a popular name across the country for a lot of organizations and a lot of the reviews are for the wrong Presbyterian. Example would be one below from Germantown, WI. Poster left a scathing review, but is attempting to review Presbyterian Homes and Services in Wisconsin, not Presbyterian Healthcare in New Mexico.
February 27, 2020
Manager Heart Group
Is a bully. This manager is retiring thankfully but is truly reprehensible...this person seeks opportunity to embellish mistakes and in meetings will scold you as if you are her grade school son or daughter. What's interesting is this particular manager continues with this behavior while management above her expect respect. HR is and has had employees complain. Why she isnt replaced after multiple complaints says a lot aboutsenior management and their ability to stop such behavior. Obviously they cannot.
Never a dull moment
I was able to use my skills at work and was trusted with huge projects. I learned so much about insurance payments. My manager and supervisor were very supportive and encouraged learning.
True to the community
They follow their mission to provide quality care to the community. As one of the only integrated health systems in the country, Presbyterian is able to provide quality care at a lower cost to patients and members.
February 19, 2020
Management is about them . PMS needs to train there Management more . They need more management that have worked in the Medical field before. It is very hard to learn for a management that don't know there job.
Horrible
The RN was Racist and made lots of remarks about our supervisors who was white and female having a African American wife and her black children. Management also made up lies on CNA's to cover there own self. And fired 80% of black staff.
February 19, 2020
Great company to work for
Busy, Professional, Diverse, hardest part of job was being PRN. most enjoyable part of job was learning something new all the time.
Working at the different hospital sites with such a diverse/awesome/knowledgable group was amazing
February 5, 2020
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you had a positive experience as an employee. We appreciate your service at Presbyterian.
Decent company, very poor management
I should have known something was wrong with this department when my first staff meeting was mitigation by HR because team wasn't functional. Found supervisor snooping in my bag first month into the job. Manager gave worst employees the best performance reviews and raises. Worked there 5 years, asked for the exit interview.. never heard from HR... Pros: PTO
very quiet there
Very unfriendly environment other employees not very friendly training not adequate everyone in my class was gone within a month except for one person who was dating one of the people who was suppose to be helping on floor for questions
Best place to work
I started working as a customer service agent in 2010, this company offered job opportunities for growth. Moved to Lead, then Provier Network Rep, then to Member advocate. Loved this company and the people I worked with.
February 5, 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight