Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Great work place to serve and help clients.
Albuquerque Ambulance Service Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2018
The employer allows the social worker intern to practice skills of communication, develop treatment plans, conduct research, assessing and serve clients. Management cares about employee’s well-being and provides a neutral space to work in. The job environment is positive and relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the clients.
Nepotisism and limited advanced with low pay
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 2, 2018
Nepotism is a BIG problem in Presbyterian. Pay is relatively low compared to similar jobs in the area and the job is moderatly difficult. So to fill the labor gaps, managers tend to hire personal friends, friends of the family or relatives of upper management / directors. This lowers morale and I have seen a pattern of these employees throwing their weight around to oust co-workers in order to expedite their own advancement. I've also seen lack of disciplinary action when these employees threaten co-workers with speech like "I can get you fired" or comit HIPPA violations. Not only weren't they disaplined but they were allowed to quit and come back before working the
consecutive 12month probationary period and were promoted soon after. If you apply here, be warned, if you're not related or a personal friend of management you'll be pushed around and pushed aside in order to elevate those who are.
Pros
Learned skills, helping / educating patients
Cons
Nepotism, favoritism, low pay, all employees not held to the same standard.
Didn’t really like it.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSDecember 1, 2018
The reason I left was because some workers wouldn’t pay attention to the host . Some were choke risks and they weren’t keeping an eye out for them so they could of choked and my job wasn’t to help them or say something to them about it so I kind of had no choice.
Pros
Nothing free or meals
Cons
Breaks were and hr apart. I had to return to work three times a day
bad management
System Status Controller-Dispatch Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2018
I was removed from my job because someone spoke lies about me. The HR department didn't help me when I needed it and refused to assist me. Albuquerque Ambulance allowed a supervisor to victimize his entire staff and they did nothing.
Pros
peers
Cons
management
A place to work
Infuison Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 3, 2018
It's a beneficial place to work. It's a place that can provide better service if they listen to the feedback of their employees. Becoming a Magnet hospital would be an asset to the community.
Pros
Well known
Cons
Non Magnet Hospital
Nice Building
Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 24, 2018
One of my first experience working as a server for assisted living. I enjoyed the job it was a different experience in the begining taking different courses to ensure the safety of seniors (residents). I gained my cpr training while being employed which I think is important to have.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad Manager
No summary
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 24, 2018
No review desired to provide to Indeed at this time. I feel that the questions offered were adequate enough in order to provide the information. I appreciated the opportunity to provide this information.
Poor Leadership
RN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 10, 2018
Poor leadership skills in some departments. Employees are not supported when conflict occurs. Too many meetings and not enough follow through to implement process improvement.
Productive work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 1, 2018
The training took place for 2 weeks from one area to the next. Who ever was training you at that time was very helpfulThe leads had a open door policy
Okay
PCSC CSR (Former Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 26, 2018
It's an ok place to work, but really stressful for the types of calls you get. A lot of the managers are gossipy and it impacts you if you try to move up in the company.
‘Liked my work schedule.
Registrar II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 22, 2018
Enjoyed working in the emergency room, it was fast paced and every patient is unique. Enjoyed helping patients. Enjoyed working with staff. Always something exciting happening.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
LOW wages, over worked and not appreciated
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 18, 2018
If I didn’t like the people I worked with, I would of been gone a very long time ago. BEWARE they lie when you are told PTO. It’s only PTO if you have worked for it. It takes a month (2 pay periods) to earn one day off here.
They work you to the core and rarely if any wage increases. However, administrators keep receiving wage increases.
Benefits are so expensive to pay for as well. I couldn’t afford health insurance for myself and child because other wise I wouldn’t be able to afford a place to live or food in my home, so I had to get Medicaid! How sad and unfortunate. I’ve been there almost 2yrs and everyone keeps saying how “it used to be so much better.” If I wasn’t desperate to pay my bills I would quit! So much turnover!! Moral is low because of the work load and patients suffer as a result. CEO should be ashamed for lying to the public about this organization
Pros
You pay for a name that’s it!
Cons
Benefits and wages!
Heavy administration
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 11, 2018
The company coffee mugs should read, "I have attended another meeting that should have been an email," thus wasting money that could've been used elsewhere. The administration has an opportunity to change healthcare, but they are comfortable. Change is not good when one is comfortable. Therefore, hiring includes " yes-men and women." It's an unfortunate place to work.
always enough work
Remote Medical coder II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 8, 2018
excellent team work, always plenty of work, very satisfied with every single person in my team. great flexible options, reasonable, random overtime. happy
Used to be better
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 5, 2018
It used to be a great place to work. Lots of benefits, fun times, good teamwork, good management. When they switched presidents, the organization began going downhill fast. There is way too much middle management. There is absolutely nothing anymore that makes Presbyterian stand out from other healthcare facilities. They do a lot of things right, but the things they do wrong is surely not worth it.
Pros
People I work with, hour lunch, inviting community
Cons
Pay, management, employment design
it was ok
Customer Service Center, Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2018
I liked that I was left alone all day to do my job

people in my team are cool
they have a cafeteria
pay was good
2 breaks and an 1 hr lunch

job was easy
Plenty of room for advancement
NURSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 7, 2018
Presbyterian offers a myriad of opportunities for employees to advance. Provides several locations and departments where you can transfer from one to the other.
The compensation is good and fair, benefits are adequate and they provide cross training and plenty of opportunity for education.
the environment in the ED versus other departments can be challenging and morale is somewhat low.
Pros
compensation, benefits, educational opportunities
Cons
challenging environments
Good
HOUSEKEEPING, Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 5, 2018
Goodwork zone, good benefits, i like work here, lots of diferent things to do
Is
Epic Credential Trainer, ASAP (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 25, 2018
Presbyterian is a wonderful organization that respects their employee and mission. Everyone there works towards the same goals and go above and beyond to each them.
Commercial Hospital Biller (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2018
Perks are gone. Management and Supervisors are in meetings all the time. Good raises are given to the elite few if you get one. There is too much favoritism in certain departments.
Pros
flex time
Cons
Nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight