Play YouTube video button

Presbyterian Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

help members with lots of different issue and took premium payments also
Claims Processor II/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 2, 2019
had the 7-3:30 shift log to the phones right at 7 AM and all day I would talk to members and also providers on issues they had with their claims , answer questions on benefits sent claims back for adjustment if needed, also review authorization on what the approval was for ( correct CPT code , correct location where services were going to be done etc)
Pros
had an early shift and worked from home
Cons
can't think of any
Wonderful healthcare organization
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJanuary 25, 2019
Presbyterian has been a wonderful organization to have a nursing career with. I have grown and learned as a nurse and a human being. I will be forever grateful for this opportunity
I have been able to get to know families, watch children grow to be teenagers. I have made friends for life, and it is a fantastic work family.
Excellent company for benefits and wages.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST II (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 17, 2019
I believe Presbyterian is the best place to work in the state of New Mexico. They have very competitive benefits, as well as excellent pay scale. l I would never leave them if I was not concerned that our department is being downsized to eventually be dismissed and outsourced.
Pros
Excellent pay scale, benefits, working from home, family oriented company.
Cons
Downsizing department.
N/a
Medical Social Worker/Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 16, 2019
Long hours. Difficulty with scheduling appointments with clients. traveling is time consuming. Paperwork is cumbersome. Management is passive aggressive regarding
Pros
good benefits /
Cons
high caseload
Adequate
Clerical Float 20 clinics/Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 10, 2019
Provide friendly, conforting customer service. Greet, register, check in, check out, verify patient demographic information, verify insurance, collect private pay no insurance payments, insurance co pays, residual unpaid bills, make patient future appointments, confirm patient future appointments
professionalism
Nurse Tech II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 8, 2019
Working for Presbyterian has taught me how to be professional throughout the years Ive worked here. Being on time and they were very strict on call ins.
Pros
deduct it for food (using badge at the coffe shop, subway and cafeteria
Cons
short lunch breaks if your lucky
Run away from this company as a temporary employee
Commercial call center (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 5, 2019
This company claims to care for their patients and wants the best treatment for them, what about starting off with potential employees? They treat Temporary agency potential employees like garbage and without explaining what was the cause of contract term , not even giving you a chance after you were supposedly an excellent employee. One trainer and all at the mercy of such for a grueling 6 weeks, you pass all of your test with 90 or above and barely 1 whole day on the phone trying to get everything together with an incompetent trainer who is short when you ask for help and gives you wrong info. They Expect you to succeed like that? Run as fast as you can 13.00 hr to begin is not worth it either.Oh and they dont care if your life is in danger driving in snow they expect you to be there.
Pros
Cons
Training, pay, no benefits, micro managed
always an opportunity to grow
Cash Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 4, 2019
No matter where you start in the company you can always advance.
all the people are great to work with in all positions. they are big on employee wellness as well.
Great Job
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 3, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Presbyterian and my experience was very positive during my entire time working with them. I would recommend them to anyone looking to work there.
Depending on your department, nice place to work
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 19, 2018
Sometimes management can be terrible, but it depends on which unit you get placed. I have heard that in some units, management is the only good thing. This was not the case for me, and when my coworkers started dropping like flies, I knew I needed to get out as well.
Good place to work at first
Acting Mngr Lead Help Desk Comp Tech III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working there for 6 years and was considered a value to to the company. That stopped when the CEO sold out the Help Desk and Desktop Support to an Outsource company. The company continued doing this and morale sunk
Pros
Pay
Cons
Will I be next to be outsourced?
Contract Employee
Contract employee (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2018
I worked on a contract basis for Presbyterian Employee Health Clinic and picked up and delivered work daily with a less than 24-hour TAT time. Contract was terminated.
Pros
contract employee
Cons
contract was terminated
Cubicle Workspaces/hard to advance
Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 4, 2018
Once in a position, difficult to move upward. When requesting more responsibilities at a higher level, was told that the chances were slim as that is not the way the company works. If content with day to day work, this is the place. If want to grow, long time coming.
Great work place to serve and help clients.
Albuquerque Ambulance Service Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2018
The employer allows the social worker intern to practice skills of communication, develop treatment plans, conduct research, assessing and serve clients. Management cares about employee’s well-being and provides a neutral space to work in. The job environment is positive and relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the clients.
Nepotisism and limited advanced with low pay
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMDecember 2, 2018
Nepotism is a BIG problem in Presbyterian. Pay is relatively low compared to similar jobs in the area and the job is moderatly difficult. So to fill the labor gaps, managers tend to hire personal friends, friends of the family or relatives of upper management / directors. This lowers morale and I have seen a pattern of these employees throwing their weight around to oust co-workers in order to expedite their own advancement. I've also seen lack of disciplinary action when these employees threaten co-workers with speech like "I can get you fired" or comit HIPPA violations. Not only weren't they disaplined but they were allowed to quit and come back before working the
consecutive 12month probationary period and were promoted soon after. If you apply here, be warned, if you're not related or a personal friend of management you'll be pushed around and pushed aside in order to elevate those who are.
Pros
Learned skills, helping / educating patients
Cons
Nepotism, favoritism, low pay, all employees not held to the same standard.
Didn’t really like it.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSDecember 1, 2018
The reason I left was because some workers wouldn’t pay attention to the host . Some were choke risks and they weren’t keeping an eye out for them so they could of choked and my job wasn’t to help them or say something to them about it so I kind of had no choice.
Pros
Nothing free or meals
Cons
Breaks were and hr apart. I had to return to work three times a day
bad management
System Status Controller-Dispatch Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2018
I was removed from my job because someone spoke lies about me. The HR department didn't help me when I needed it and refused to assist me. Albuquerque Ambulance allowed a supervisor to victimize his entire staff and they did nothing.
Pros
peers
Cons
management
A place to work
Infuison Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 3, 2018
It's a beneficial place to work. It's a place that can provide better service if they listen to the feedback of their employees. Becoming a Magnet hospital would be an asset to the community.
Pros
Well known
Cons
Non Magnet Hospital
Nice Building
Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 24, 2018
One of my first experience working as a server for assisted living. I enjoyed the job it was a different experience in the begining taking different courses to ensure the safety of seniors (residents). I gained my cpr training while being employed which I think is important to have.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad Manager
No summary
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 24, 2018
No review desired to provide to Indeed at this time. I feel that the questions offered were adequate enough in order to provide the information. I appreciated the opportunity to provide this information.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight