Presbyterian Homes & Services Employee Reviews

Relaxed, fun place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNMarch 13, 2019
Day at work included using floor machine to scrub all tile floors. Clean out machine and prepare it for next day and check batteries and charge. Vacuum carpets on all floors. Management easy the best. Listened to your ideas and were willing to try out your ideas. If you did your job, it was easy to get along with everyone. Hardest part was knowing some of the tenants weren't going to be there long and the best part was making friends with the tenants.
Pros
Talking to the tenants.
Cons
Shovelling snow.
March 18, 2019

The work of Maintenance Technicians is so appreciated. What a gift that you are able to build relationships with the people you serve! Thank you for your dedication to our ministry.

Stay away if you are decent.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNMarch 12, 2019
They treat cna like we dont matter. Nurses take away call lights from residents when they think they are being a nuisance. Tried to report it so many times and no one did anything. Not a good place.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Bad nurses bad management
March 13, 2019

Your review is very disheartening to read and we hope that you escalated any concerns you had to the appropriate people or the Corporate Compliance line. The work of a Resident Assistant is invaluable and central to fulfilling our Mission "to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults."

Meaningful job
Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 4, 2019
This place taught me how to work with heart. Right mindset and good attitude are important to perform tasks daily. It's not just serving food but creating smile to residents.
March 13, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback but more importantly for sharing your gifts with the people of Presbyterian Homes & Services! It is great to hear that you see the meaning behind our motto "to create smiles in the eyes of the people we serve!"

I love working at Presbyterian Homes & Services.
Receptionist-Walnut Ridge Senior Campus (Current Employee) –  Clive, IAFebruary 13, 2019
My job at Presbyterian Homes and Services has been the best, most fulfilling job of my career. The problem here is that I cannot get any more hours. Now I am working 13 hours per week with no hope for any more. I am a 70 year old retired, single woman & need to work more hours to support myself.
Pros
Wonderful work enviornment
Cons
Lack of work hours available
February 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing your gifts with the people of Presbyterian Homes & Services! It is uplifting to hear that you are so on fire for our mission and we pray you can get more hours to continue to spread your joy!

Extremely Poor Management
Housekeeper and Aide (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNFebruary 10, 2019
They don't even care about their employees...awful place to work at during my years there. Aides there sometimes work are put with 11 to 10 residents with just 2 aides on shift. Housekeeping dept cleaning is the very awful and not very sanitized.
February 11, 2019

We strive to create an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. What you have shared here is concerning and we hope that you were able to express your feedback with the appropriate people in your community before making the decision to leave. We are sorry you did not have the best experience and wish you well in your future career.

Overall
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  MNJanuary 29, 2019
Overall experience was good. Definitely back breaking work sometimes. It was just my time to move on. You work your butt off, half the days or more than half the days I didn't get a break to eat dinner.
February 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The work of a certified nursing assistant is physically and emotionally challenging, but your work is so needed and appreciated. Thank you for your dedication to this ministry and we pray blessings on your future career.

Millpond was excellent but Walnut ridge I wouldnt recomend
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJanuary 6, 2019
Mill pond had an excellent management team and a good culture.
Walnut ridge was a hostile work place you were always in fear of loosing your job. It was a very unhealthy management approach. Hopefully they will get a new Director of Nursing and it will improve the culture.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for taking time to provide this feedback. The appropriate people will be made aware. We value all opportunities to improve and wish you the best in your career.

Unfriendly work enviroment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 3, 2019
Management does not have a clue as to what people are doing during the day. No management involvement, only weekly meetings with team leads who themselves are not always following the rules.
Does not treat new staff very nice. A "clique" culture.
Pros
Free meals once in a while
Cons
Unfriendly staff, no clear direction
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not have the best experience with management. We care about your experience and want to be a place that people love to work. If you are willing to share any additional and more detailed feedback with me I would welcome the opportunity. Please send me an email at dsheets@preshomes.org.

Director of Recruitment & Workforce Strategy, Denise Sheets

Adventurous environment
Cook/Chef (Current Employee) –  New Richmond, WIJanuary 2, 2019
A typical day as a cook is prepping for the meals.
As a cook you learn about residents very quickly.
The culture can get a little stressful at times.
The hardest part of the job would be some of the cleaning tasks.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the connection you make with the residents.
Pros
Catterings and events
Cons
Working weekends
January 7, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and thank you for the role you have in our ministry of caring for older adults!

ADMINISTRATOR INTERN/PRACTICUM (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 23, 2018
Provided an excellent experience for a nursing home administrator practicum.

I completed a 400 hour practicum at Presbyterian Homes of Bloomington and was completely satisfied with my experience.
Pros
Great exectutive leadership
November 26, 2018

We're glad you had a great experience and hope that it equips you for a career in aging services. Thank you for your service to PHS and those we serve!

Works as a team
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee) –  VariedOctober 10, 2018
Relocation was the only reason I retired. This job was my ideal.I would have worked there for free but the salary was great. Education prvided as needed.
Pros
Family
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your service and for your feedback! We're glad your experience was a great one and hope that you will stay in touch with Pres Homes. You can keep up with us on social media or the www.preshomes.org/blog!

Horrible place to work, long time staff makes it hard on new staff. Old staff does not follow rules or job duties, they make up their own rules.
HHA (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNOctober 8, 2018
New staff are treated terrible while older staff make up their own rules. No teamwork, they help their friends only and harass new staff trying to prove they are better. Always working short of staff so u never get your breaks or lunch. Never have i worked in such a bad place where the residents have to suffer because of the loss of staff, you never get to spend quality time with them cause u are so swamped with work you dont have the time.
Pros
Cons
Bad staff and management
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your past service to PHS and those we serve. We hear your concern about working short staffed and while we are proud of our relatively low turnover as compared to almost every other organization in our industry, we would love to see more people choose to stay longer and are constantly working towards improving our employee stability. Your experience with training and teamwork is concerning. We care about your experience and want to be a place that people love to work. If you are willing to share any additional more detailed feedback with me I would welcome the opportunity. Please send me an email at dsheets@preshomes.org.

Good team work
Resident Assistant / Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 3, 2018
Fast paced environment taking care of 17 residents daily, I enjoyed helping the residents achieve their full potential. I have a passion for the elderly. Everyone worked as a team which made a difficult job less stressful.
Pros
close to home
Cons
taking care of 17 residents at once
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. More importantly, thank you for sharing your passion for the elderly. Former employees often find their way back to PHS so keep your eyes open for any job opportunities that interest you, we love to see employees grow with us.

From 5 stars to 3, stability needed
N/A (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 29, 2018
The beautiful Highland Park site, shared with the Sisters of St Joseph and managed by PHS, enjoyed a wonderful 4 year high of stability and high morale in an enjoyable home and work place for all. In the last year, the staff and their managers morale seems to have plummeted to a level worse than the first year we were open. This site has sadly become toxic again, full of department managers and staff who seem disregarded, smothered or feel under appreciated as they're looked down on with contempt. The employee dissatisfaction has begun to reverberate into the lives of residents. The frustration with the turnover (PHS claims doesn't exist) now echoes throughout our halls as resident's openly joke with staff "Are you quitting next?" Stability in our homes is deserved instead of parading banal platitudes. The Sisters, staff and residents all deserve a corporate office who intervenes before the bottom falls out, which is rapidly approaching.
Pros
A great community
Cons
Disingenuous
October 8, 2018

Thank you for your 5 years of service to Presbyterian Homes & Services and Carondelet Village since the beginning and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We will share your review with our Regional Human Resources and Operations teams to take a closer look. If you desire to share any additional detailed feedback with me I would welcome the opportunity. Denise Sheets, Director of Recruitment & Workforce Strategy, 651.631.6193 or email at dsheets@preshomes.org.

Caring Environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Working for Presbyterian Homes & Services has been one of the best decisions of my life. I have found there to be a culture of of care and support for residents and have felt value as an employee.
September 17, 2018

We are glad to hear that you feel valued and supported. We are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. Thank you for your dedication to enriching lives and touching hearts!

Unwelcoming staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  Spring Park, MNAugust 19, 2018
As a new nurse fresh out of school just starting out, during my first few days on my own with less than a week of training on the floor. I could officially say I knew the meaning of "nurses eat their young". The nurses training me were great, the nurses I worked with on my shift were great. But some of the other nurses weren't welcoming at all. Literally went home one day crying, thinking about looking for a new job or a new career entirely. I'll never be like that, I know that much. This place ruined nursing for me. I'll for sure never work in another nursing home again unless it's an office job/upper management position.
Pros
Raises, employee appreciation, residents, discounts for school
Cons
Other staff members, training schedule
August 27, 2018

First, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are incredibly disheartened to hear that your experience nearly extinguished your passion for serving older adults in the nursing field. While we understand that online job boards are a good outlet to share your feedback, we hope that you felt supported and confident enough to share this information with the management in your community before making the decision to leave. In any case, your feedback will be shared anonymously with the management team in an effort to continuously improve the employee experience.

Fast paced, productive, enjoyable place to work
Suoervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 19, 2018
Good place to work. Room to advance and grow. Variety of people and cultures. Always good people to work with. Benefits are good as well. Opportunity to learn and grow.
August 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and more importantly, thank you for dedication to our ministry of serving older adults. We hope you continue to enjoy the relationships built and the opportunities to grow with Presbyterian Homes & Services!

Wonderful working with staff, residents and their families
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNAugust 5, 2018
Great place to work staff and residents are wonderful. Wish there was more opportunities for full time employment. Environment is busy but friendly staff is very helpful.
Pros
residents and staff
Cons
limited full time employment
August 13, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to review your employment at PHS. Although it looks like you are a former employee, we often find that many who leave PHS have found their way back at some point in another role - so please keep us in mind if you are ever looking for a new job. We love to welcome former employees back into the PHS family!

Not a great company
CNA/TMA (Former Employee) –  wayzatJuly 4, 2018
did not have great management. do not treat workers well. The workers themselves are not always vetted appropriately. They do not train or compensate their workers in the right way.
Fulfilling Environment
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJuly 4, 2018
Enjoyable workplace and relaxed surroundings
Providing a amazing service to the community that lives there and
the warm welcome that accompanies sharing their experiences
August 13, 2018

Thank you for this very kind and genuine feedback. We agree that the work is fulfilling and meaningful. Although you are a former employee, we often find that those who leave find their way back at some point. We love welcoming previous employees back!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Homes & Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight