Presbyterian Homes & Services Employee Reviews

Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 22, 2018
This job is not for everyone. Every day you are required to provide basic cares such as toileting and personal hygiene to residents. Management is very inconsistent. Mostly non-english speakers work here. It is a very physical job, but getting to know residents is very rewarding. Scheduling is difficult, and staffing can be hard to work with
Good place but bad management and co-worker
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNMay 17, 2018
The pay is fair. However, management is very bad. They never listen to my concern. A lot of drama there. Co-workers ( especially TMA) who worked there for a long time always complain about new ones. They should help CNA when short staffed.
Pros
Fair pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of management
It’s long term care....
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 15, 2018
Some campus’s were better than others. Too much money put into upper management and not enough into resident funds and floor staff. Not very flexible and pay was not well.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed all the time
Relaxed, fun, and very welcoming place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 14, 2018
PHS has very many locations. Something for just about everyone. Faith based. Room for growth. Daily prayer with all staff. Benefits are great. 32 hours is considered full time.
Great job
Home Care Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 7, 2018
I loved the culture and the other staff that I worked with. I really liked my job and got a lot of expierence doing different things. I didn’t like how they made my roll work as a CNA because a lot of times I felt like that was all I was doing. I also didn’t like being on-call 24/7 everyday of the year never felt like you had your own time.
Pros
co-workers, culture, residents
Cons
Pay, work life balanace, doing a lot of jobs that weren’t in the job discription
Easy and fun job working with elderly
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMay 4, 2018
serving residents meals
cleaning up dining rooms
stocking households
very clean environment
friendly employees
very nice residents
a fun and steady workplace
Often short staffed
Clinical Administrator Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 29, 2018
Often times short staffed. Upper management does not support direct care staff or front line leaders very well. Works staff very hard for modest compensation until they get worn out and leave.
Horribly managed and incompetent coworkers
Server (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIApril 19, 2018
My experience at Woodland Hill campus was horrible. Hours were extremely inconsistent and coworkers often expected to have me take their shifts super last minute, and my supervisor always took the side of others. My coworkers didn't take the job seriously, and were extremely rude to the residents, as well as the negativity they brought back into the kitchen. The workplace was stressful and difficult to have a positive attitude. In addition, every time i went in for a shift, something related to general protocol had changed, and I was ill informed which often got me into trouble and added to my disapproval with management.
Pros
Very nice residents
Cons
Horrible management
Great Place to Work -- if not in dietary
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 3, 2018
I loved working with residents as a dietary aide at Presbyterian Homes. I was paid well for my role, the employees are all sweet people, and they made sure you were able to do and understand your job before sending you off on your own. A typical day would be you would show up, prepare tables, get the food ready and serve, clean the dining area then return to the kitchen, then you would clean the kitchen, and then repeat and go home. I loved the environment and attitude of everyone there, the only issue I had was with the dietary management who let her emotions take over her work life and was not very understanding when it came to my chronic illness. One other con is as a dietary aide, you either got to work 3 hours or 8 hours a day, so it's tough to earn more than $250 a paycheck if you're a student. If I were to be offered the job again, I would definitely take it.
workplace enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNApril 2, 2018
I was responsible to give medications and do treatments on 21 residents during my employment at Grace Pointe Crossing. I would need to manage my time wisely, and give medication before breakfast and lunch. I was also responsible to do weights, skin assessments, monthly charting, daily charting, baths and feed residents when needed. Many days there was so much that needed to be done that there was no time for myself to get a break, and I would still leave late. Time management was key to having a good day in this care setting. I learned to have a game plan for the day, and go in early to read up on any new residents since there were so many resident to care for.
Pros
Most of the staff were team players and pleasent to work with.
Cons
Many tasks that needed to be done, but not enough time or staff to complete them.
Good working place
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 27, 2018
Provides good working environment and working facilities. There freedom on how ones works as long as you meet your targets. Management is very supportive of the employees
Interactive place
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 27, 2018
I learned how to deal with unhappy guests. Along with trying to juggle multiple things while on the job. A lot was expected of you but at the same time it wasn't.
Company good to work for
Home Health Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 26, 2018
Very good company to work for ,fair with benefits and room to advance.Co workers were always helpful. Working with the families was a very good experience being entrusted with the care of their loved one made me feel good and a valued person of the care team
Pros
Great team workers
Cons
None at the time
Human Interaction skills training helped me so much.
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMarch 19, 2018
It helped me developed my skills in Nutrition and Culinary but management in that department is not good. Clearly no advancement at all and work load not fair compared to wages I was getting. Love the residents so much. One of the most difficult decisions I made. This company is the best in giving me good opportunity to take classes in healthcare field. I love what I do now, direct care to residents. I owe this to people from different department that encouraged and supported me.
Pros
Best company that gave me opportunity to earn some education in healthcare field.
Cons
No advancement in that department. Lack of communication among supervisors.
I had a great team to work with which made things alot better.
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Oak Park Heights, MNFebruary 20, 2018
It was a very fast paced and sometimes stressful job. The Resident to CNA ratio was too I high I felt. It was anywhere from 10-13 residents per CNA regardless of care needs which was almost too much at times. We always seemed to be understaffed and the employee turnover was terrible. I had to work on the floor with over 25 residents by myself for hours at a time which meant that I had no time for breaks. I did get to work with a really great team that helped ach other as much we could so that made things not so bad.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Severely understaffed all the time.
Terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York StateFebruary 16, 2018
By far one of the worst places I’ve ever worked. Understaffed, management is awful, don’t complain they retaliate. Assistant director of nursing will belittle you in front of residents. Also most of the staff is not welcoming to new employees. They pay good but the stress and humiliation is not worth it!
Not great
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Wouldn't work there again.
Can be unreasonable at times. Got sick within the 90 day probation period, even with a Dr note stating I couldn't work for several days, it made no difference. Saw a lot of unhappy employees.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 1, 2018
Good place to work, always learning more, and opportunities to grow and learn more. Plenty ofnworl to-do, co-workers are good to work with. No complaints,
Stressful and poor management
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNJanuary 27, 2018
A typical shift here is pretty random. Rest assure that the only thing that makes people stay and work hard is NOT because of management. Instead, the heart of this place is the residents and the nursing aides. We are always short, even with central staffing, and are always asked to work doubles. Management has eliminated bonuses and does not appreciate staff. Instead, management always has repercussions against nursing staff without realizing how hard we work.
Pros
Flexible, Teamwork, Residents
Cons
Management, No Appreciation
These was my favorite place of In my life
CNA - CERTIFIED NURSING AIDE (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 18, 2018
This the place where my heart is I worked here amazingly 7 years without calling in even once. I would not remember any day was typical but I learned more a bout caring which even now am using it.
Pros
we used to enjoy lunch time and it was free as a family lunch.
Cons
I was not troubles even if I was miss my breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Homes & Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight