Presbyterian Hospital Employee Reviews

review
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse, PCCU (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2018
Presbytarian hospital is excellent in, most medically complex patients including cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedics, emergency care and women's services.
Enjoy working with co*workers
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2018
My day starts at 8am,I am the first to come in.
I get the office prepared for the day,Set up schedule for each Doctor position for the day.Stock copier paper,remove all paper work printed the night before,Put away slides etc.Management is great,always consider everyone.Me and my co-workers get along well,work together well.I enjoy my job,but sometimes the lifting of the slides have my hand hurting.I enjoy the most is helping the patients and directing them in the right place.
Pros
Time off when needed
Cons
Health Care
great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 17, 2018
I've worked there many ears, and have met and worked with many co-workers and our mission is always to provide the best care to our patients. They have been very good to me over the years.
Management Terrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 11, 2018
Presbyterian used to be a great and awesome place to work, I never thought I'd leave. New management really destroyed employee morale and did not consider their thoughts, feelings, or ideas. There as been a HUGE turnover in the department I was in and it's sad because it was such a great place to work.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Management Terrible
Teamwork was excellent
Ambulatory RN in Primary Medical Group (Former Employee) –  Espanola, NM 87532April 10, 2018
Monthly meetings were interdisciplinary and effective, staff felt comfortable in sharing their thoughts
physician/nurse mutual respect
Employees friendly
Good First job out of nursing school.
GRADUATE PEDICATRIC NURSE-GENERAL PEDIATRIC WARD (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 5, 2018
Lots of support from both management and other staff members as a new nurse. Training helped with learning the job and what to expect from others while working. I loved working with the staff, administration and patients.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
Poor Management
DATA ANALYST LEAD (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2018
There are no career advancement opportunities available with Presbyterian. Management was not willing to help answer questions on opportunities that were available. Pay is not competitive.
A day in the hospital life
Nurse tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 2, 2018
A day in the life of the hospital involves knowledge, flexibility, extreme care and compassion for the patients. One has to be in a great mood and enjoy exactly what they are doing. If you don't enjoy what you do then this is the wrong profession to be in because patients rely on your positive professionalism to get them through their trying times.
Pros
Great people, flexible, benefits
Cons
Need more educational benefits that would add to the diversity of the work environment.
Productive work place
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2018
Presbyterian was a fun with an opportunity for tremendous experience. Most of my time was spent in a busy E.R. providing excellent service to meet the needs of the Patients, Doctors, and staff.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks
Very competitive environment; fast-paced
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2018
This is a state-of-the-art hospital catering to all aspects in the Alb. area. They have newly refurbished ORs, and the support staff is excellent. I would return there either as a FTE or contractor.
A productive, fun work place.
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2018
At typical day requesting medical records updating patient formation in the system assisting the Doctor with patient records and information. I learned about medical records and what I had to call medical records itself to request any additional information need or to verify patient information and insurance.
Management was very good we worked as team players. Helped each other when needed. was very respectful to each other. I didn't feel that there was a hard part of the job. I just enjoyed my job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not off on all holidays
I was a temp CNA still in school
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 15, 2018
I had this job as an opportunity during nursing school. Presbyterian Hospital was switching to a new charting system and needed extra hands to pick up slack.
Pros
gained CNA experience
Cons
It ended
most enjoyable part of the job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 14, 2018
I loved taking care of critically ill pediatric patients. I really felt as if I was making a difference. I had great training and gained lots of experience.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Day shift one month, Night shift the next
Positive workplace
Internal Resource Pool Float Tech (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 9, 2018
I have nothing but good to say about Presbyterian while working there. I have learned alot and I really like the environment. I feel that I would would as a Registered Nurse at Presbyterian if I had the possible chance.
Excellent work experience
Endoscopy Lab Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2018
Wonderful first nursing job. Had a wonderful manager and support from staff to the Director. Given authority to make decisions and changes that directly affected my unit. Felt supported and valued.
Always short Staffed
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 6, 2018
People don't stay long so you have to do extra work. Basically you have to do twice the work for a one person's pay rate. Nurses and doctors treat you less than and supervisors and managers side with them.
Pros
Always overtime
This job is very stressful yet so much fun
Registrar (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 6, 2018
I really enjoy working in the emergency room doing what I do. It’s a very fast pace job helping people and engaging all day long. I’ve seen so many things and learned so much. I only plan to learn more and further myself in the hospital.
decent place
Speech Pathologist/PRN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I would recommend this place. It's diverse and the pay is decent. The staff is kind and it has been a good environment to grow in overall. I enjoy working here
A good place to gain experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2018
This was a good place to gain experience especially if you start at entry level. Very educative management. There is vast room for growth and their salary is increased every year.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
very fast paced
Presbyterian Hospital
GI Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2018
At the start of the time I worked at Presbyterian, it was a fun learning experience. After Presbyterian Hospital bought out Methodist Hospital my income was dropped 17% to fall in line with Methodist Hospital. There was no chance for increasing my income. At that time it was decided to move on.