Presbyterian Manor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Summary
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clay Center, KSMay 12, 2018
My manager was an awesome person! Very fun to be around and when she was there she made everything less stressful.
But, it was the work ethics of the people I worked with who “pushed me” out the door. Sometimes, even with other people there, it felt like you would have to “clean up” after your co workers, or follow after them to redo the job they just did.
I would get treated very poorly from other departments about the tasks I had to do, that they didn’t agree with, so to say.
Pros
Working A LOT
Cons
The people who wouldn’t do their job and make your job so much harder.
Excellent core residents to care for.
Newton, Kansas as a staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSFebruary 20, 2018
Clean and comfortable place to work but breaks were not easy to come by. Took lunch breaks out of your pay whether you were able to take one or not. Manger was very helpful and concerned.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
No lunch breaks.
Good Job
Lead Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 23, 2018
Fun place to work. Nice people. enjoyed my time there. Comfortable setting. Friendly staff. Friendly residents. Great learning experience. Was able to use my skills i learned there in my future jobs.
horrible place to work upper managment is hurting the place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 7, 2018
typical day stressful, understaffed and trying to meet deadlines is ridiculous. learned that the company only cares about saving money. horrible management as of 2018.
Pros
Cons
understaffed, poor management horrible benefits
Very relaxed, worked productively while interacting with residents
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 3, 2017
A typical day would include, setting up dining rooms, prepping food assembly line, serving residents, cleaning, and making everything is well and stocked.

I learned to manage a floor full of residents all whilst doing my required job duties in a timely manner.

The work place culture was quite and balanced. There was nothing that was too hard while working for Presbyterian Manor.

The most enjoyable part about working at Presbyterian Manor was being around all the loving residents.
Pros
Free lunch, Holiday Bonus
Cons
Unexpected deaths
Caring, loving, and cozy workplace
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOOctober 25, 2017
A typical work day for me started with me clocking in at 6:45 every morning. I began to assist residents with getting up and ready for the day and making sure they arrived to breakfast on time. I also took vitals and refilled ice cups daily. Around noon residents were getting ready for lunch. After lunch I assisted them back to their room and made sure they were comfortable, because some liked to take afternoon naps or take trips outside to the garden or around the corner to the hair and nail salon. Around 3:00 in the afternoon I discussed with the coming on shift about how each residents day was. Then at about 3:15 I clocked out and went home. At the end of the day I can say that the most enjoyable part of my job is spending time and talking to my residents. The workplace in itself is pretty hectic and can super busy and can cause some stress.
Cons
Short breaks and dramatic co-workers
Fast Paced
CNA (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 13, 2017
Communication was off, but good place to work. Lots of overtime opportunities as many people called out. Staff was okay to other staff members and amazing to residents.
Fun
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSAugust 29, 2017
It was awesome great paying and if you work here you will feel like you are part of a family. The coworkers are great to be around and bosses are the best you are going to find.
Loved the floor staff and residents
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 17, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs, mostly because of the staff i closely worked with and got to know along with the residents. The work that is done goes unnoticed most of the time by the upper heads.
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 14, 2017
Fun place to work with great people, but very under staffed. All the hours you went if your a CNA, has a lot of people quit and start. Most of the people that work there are very passionate about the residents care and the residents themselves. It's like one big family.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short staffed
Cares about Patients and Employees
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 22, 2017
Pays was decent for an entry level CNA and you could be sure about your schedule. The rest of the staff was knowledgeable and willing to help you learn.
Nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSDecember 11, 2016
Loved working here. They are very professional and the environment is very welcoming. The residents and staff are very nice and helpful
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Need to change uniforms. Not very welcoming and warm.
Great CNA experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  KSNovember 26, 2016
It's a great experience with wonderful people. I would work here without the pay and that says a lot. You will learn a lot if you engage yourself. Plus, there is always new things going on for the residents to enjoy which creates a good atmosphere to help them.
Cons
Have to work weekends
great place
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 8, 2016
i like working there because management showed appreciation for there cnas they would give us incentives for picking up extra shift and let us know how much of a good job we were doing.
Pros
extra hours
typical day at work
cna (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSSeptember 22, 2016
Making sure all the residents are up and ready for the day doing the daily activities like showering, toileting, getting them dressed, brushing their teeth, hair make up and anything else they may request. getting them to dinning to eat their meals and repeating the routine after each meal before they are situated for their naps.
Nice place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSSeptember 21, 2016
Mangement is very caring!! Love love them. Work can be hard at times but the teamwork is awesome. Very involved on making it a home and an institution. Holidays are the best. Love to worship with the residents.
Pros
great staff, great management, great pay
Cons
staff gossip
Prodctive/ calm environment
Assist patients as a CNA (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 12, 2016
I began working here last June as my first CNA job. Everyone was extremely helpful with showing me the do's and dont's to being a successful aid for the residents as well as the family members. This company provides numerous activities for residents as well as a enjoyable work environment.
Pros
Easily negotiates with schedule, DON does her best to make schedules that best fit workers
Cons
Petty drama, occasional favortism shown to certain CNA's from charge nurses
Great staff
CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work was good. My co workers were always working together so we could get the job done. I learned how to be a great care taker. The hardest part of the job was when everyone would be on their lights.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Only one break
Nice and Fun Retirement Home
Independent Living Dining Server (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 1, 2016
As a Independent Living Dining Server I would work mornings and afternoons whenever I could. A typical day in Aberdeen would start at 11 AM, or 10 AM only Sundays, where we a group of 1-3 girls will set up the dining room to be acceptable, do menus that include what will be served today and clean up tables and kitchen area after residents have left. We would then set up the dining room for dinner which includes making more menus and setting up the dining room. Most of the co-workers are fun to work with because most of them are teenagers except the cooks. The hardest part of the job is trying to finish on time which almost never occurs, the day is supposed to end at 8:30 but we usually don't leave until 8:50 or so because of many reasons. The best part of the job is the bond you grow with residents after seeing them multiple times and becoming friends.
Pros
Long breaks, Pays for you studies after a year of work
Cons
Co-workers, Benefits
Staff do work with a smile and residents are very appreciative of the care they recieve with plenty of smiles.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 7, 2016
Begin the morning with report and follow up immediately with any resident that there may have been a concern about and inform staff of updates to be aware of. Vital signs and morning medications are administered. Chart on all residents throughout the shift, complete scheduled skin assessments, attend "stand-up" meeting after residents eat breakfast, communicate with APRN and any PT members regarding residents.

Communication is key within any organization to make things flow as smoothly as possible. No organization is not without this flaw.

Management make themselves available for staff with any concerns.

My co-workers make my job easier, they are awesome with the residents.

The most difficult part of my job is when something has not been communicated to me for some reason or another. Communication, communication, communication.

Anyone can have an enjoyable job with the right attitude.
Pros
Staff to patient ratio.
Cons
No free meals