Presbyterian Manors of Mid America Employee Reviews

Executive Director is a joke
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clay Center, KSFebruary 22, 2018
You will be expected to work yourself to death for very little pay — the Executive Director and Director of nursing will stab you in the back. It doesn’t matter how many years you have worked there. Very little advancement. They will find a way to belittle you in front of other staff members, if they do not like you they will find away to get you out..be expected to work allot of over time hours.. again for little pay
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Poor management. Little pay for allot of hours
easy to work for company
Receptionist/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 15, 2018
a change in management created a more stressful environment. quiet work environment that required multitasking and customer service skills. Benefits were good.
Pros
YMCA discount, flexibility
Cons
hierarchy
Great place to work!
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Newton, KSJanuary 11, 2018
This is a great place to work. Newton Presbyterian Manor guides you when you are new, they do not expect you to know it all and assist in your growth/learning in your new role and even after. The team is collaborative, friendly and provide excellent care to the Residents. Newton cares and values residents and employees and it shows tremendously! Newton it is a fun place to work!
Pros
Team oriented, Valued, great work environment, foster growth, good pay
Cons
Great place to work!!! Love the staff, residents and their families!!!
Activity Director (Current Employee) –  Newton, KSJanuary 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. They truly care about their staff and residents!! It's honestly a feeling of family!!! Everyone gets to know the residents and their family members.
Pros
Residents
Great place to work! Love the residents and coworkers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dodge City, KSJanuary 2, 2018
Manor of the Plains in Dodge City is a family oriented workplace. Staff care about providing quality resident care and management care about their employees. Lots of compliments from family and residents alike. If you want to make a difference in the lives of the elderly, come to Manor of the Plains!
Pros
Great atmosphere! Staff have the same goal of providing quality resident care!
Cons
Health insurancve is pricy
Dont be fouled be the initial niceness
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 18, 2017
The worst manager I have ever had. My DON was pouty, whiney, and played favorites. The staff is mean to new people and likes to always have someone to pick on. Management does nothing to stop this, in fact participants in it. The pay was ridiculous and the benefits were not affordable on a nurses salary. Beautiful on the outside ugly on the inside. Leaving was the best career move I ever made. Longterm staff members are mean hateful people
Worst place to work
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOSeptember 25, 2017
Place is clickly a lot of family members working there doing favors for each other. DON and ED have no idea what the heck to do to run the place correctly and fairly. Staff always getting held over. Never have enough staff! Management will not help they stay in their offices. Corporate doesn't seem to care about the smaller facilities. Very high turn over rate with the staff. The residents are the best and only reason to work there but wouldn't recommend it!
Pros
Great residents
Cons
Clicks, poor management
Don't do it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 11, 2017
Presbyterian manor is awful. I haven't left because I love my residents I take care of. Management is terrible and always really under staffed. Expect to work a 12 hour shift when going in. Hardly ever do you do a regular 8 hour shift.
Pros
Residents are great.
Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 8, 2017
Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Leadership strives to provide the resources and tools needed to do your job well and provide the services deserved by the residents of PMMA.
Pros
The ability to help others is a very rewarding job.
Been going Down hill Fast.....
Good question (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSSeptember 5, 2017
The residents are the best part of this place and one of the Worst parts of this place is the local and home Office personnel. Its suppose to be a assisted living home, not a nursing home. The management has its little click thingy happening.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
VERY poor Management, leak of pay, Cut-troat
Leaving was the best part
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 12, 2017
Leaving pmma was one of the best things I did for myself. Management was horrible and did not treat staff fairly. There was a lot of bullying in the nursing department, management knew about it but didn't do anything about it. It was only a one way street in human resources office. She didn't care what you had to say about any situation. She made you feel like the smallest person in the world. Her door is always closed and is known for being mean to employees. There is no room for advancement in nursing department with the turn over rates due to poor management. The building itself is beautiful but the staff are horrible. I would never recommend this job to any of my friends.
Pros
I cant think of one
Cons
Human resources
Dont do it.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOAugust 10, 2017
Farmington, mo location

Staff is treated terribly.
Way over worked and way under paid.
I worked 100 hours each week and was forced to stay for 16 hour shifts making barely over minimum wage as a cna.

No nurses help you. Period.
The management is aweful.
However the residents are well taken care of. Staff is not.
Pros
1 free meal for each 16 hour shift haha
Cons
Everything else.
Never again
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Clay Center, KSJuly 1, 2017
I worked at the Manor for 4 months total as a dining assistant. I had worked in food service in assisted living homes for several years previously and yet they could only give me minimum wage. Everyone stabbed each other in the back. The management was atrocious. I was bullied by nurses and even some of the residents, probably because they were just so miserable being there. The only good things about working here were the residents who weren't awful and the general feel of a family you only experience if you're kitchen staff.
Cons
Bad management, underappreciation, underpayment, poor environment, low morale
Beautiful on the outside, not on the inside
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSMay 19, 2017
The environment is beautiful. There aren't a whole lot of employees who care as much about the residents as they should. The current D.O.N. "down stairs" cares the least about residents of any other employer, which is the biggest downfall for the life of the residents overall. If she cared more, the bad employees would be weeded out much quicker which would allow the caring, loving employees to work in a more peaceful environment.
The residents make the job do-able
Laundry Aide / Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 3, 2017
I love the residents and the family members of the residents. The management wasn't very good, they had no problem making it obvious that favoritism is how they roll. Certain people could do (or not do) what they pleased while other people would get write ups for doing (or not doing) the same thing, at the exact same time and place. Its a very segregated environment honestly, by race and department. I loved the hours and residents and the few employees who didn't feed into the "politics".
Cons
Had to pay for lunches
I enjoy my job at the Manor.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clay Center, KSJanuary 11, 2017
I love each of the residents. They are amazing and so is the staff. I like the days I work at the Manor. The Management is wonderful in Clay Center. I really do enjoy my job here.
Pros
Cons
There are no con that I can think of
Great work environment
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MODecember 8, 2016
The people you are surrounded with are great but the benefits and compensation are low. The residents are great and the work life balance in my department are awesome. There is however not much room for asdvancement.
Pros
Great caring people to work with.
Cons
Compensation is low.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 13, 2016
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.,) as outlined for housekeeping department.
-Cleans assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
-Cleans floors: Dry mops, wet mops, sweeps, waxes, buffs, disinfects where and when necessary. -Performs emergency housekeeping where accidents occur.
-Also assists healthcare staff with miscellaneous spills, bed changes, etc to care for residents.
Residents
Dietary/ AM aid (Former Employee) –  Arkansas City, KSSeptember 27, 2016
This was a wonderful job not cause of the work or management but because of the residents. The residents are the only reason for the job. I meet and lost alot of people in the 4 years i was there but i wouldnt change getting to know everyone of them.
Poor work environment, low morale.
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 6, 2016
After working for Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America in Topeka, KS, I would not recommend employment with this company.

This company is more concerned with staying in 'budget' than the direct care that their residents receive. When there are staffing cuts, it's always to the staff that directly cares for the residents.

There is an excess of management at this facility. The management staff are not friendly, and rarely come out of their offices, unless State inspectors are in the building, or there is an employee that needs reprimanded.

They cannot keep employees, because the pay is not competitive with most other long term care homes in Topeka, and the health benefits are too expensive to afford for a family on the low wages being paid. From what I was told by some of the veteran employees, the few perks that used to be offered, ie... free lunches, company Christmas party, paid inservice day yearly, have all been stripped as a benefit, leaving little to nothing offered as a positive.

The management certainly will not appreciate you in any way, as they can't even be bothered to offer you a kind word when you're doing a good job!

There just isn't any reward for working here, other than the residents that appreciate and love you.
Pros
The amazing residents, any other 'pro' to employment has been stripped from the staff
Cons
High resident to staff ratio, large corporation with values that are not always 'resident' centered, more concerned with 'budget' than resident care, poor staff morale.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Manors of Mid America. Our community is ready to answer.