Presbyterian Medical Services Employee Reviews

Middle school culture
Family Services Assistant (FSA) (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 31, 2018
Management was not what I had expected. It's not a good thing when admin, coordinators, and teachers are talking open about that night's party session, or sitting around and gossiping of who's "not up to par" or making fun of someone's domestic or financial situation. I had expected kindness and professionalism, and none of that was displayed. It's just not one location, but others, including the Santa Fe location.
Pros
Meeting and helping families and children
Cons
No raises and a hostile work environment
Turn around
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMOctober 18, 2018
The people at the time working there were awesome, just a huge turn around while there. Management was not very handled like I thought it should have, schedules were off with front and back office.
Hostile working environment, lack of training and communication....
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 25, 2018
Patients came first, but employees never were appreciated, if you were not a "fave" then you always got the short end of the stick. When one issue changes you are not notified until you make the "mistake", then they tell you it changed and you should have known better. Once your on there bad side, there is no coming back.
Administrator and Regional Director need to get replaced, they are two individuals who have never felt someone struggle from poverty, they stick their nose in the air and don't care about the bottom people. They talk about customer service, yet they can't acknowledge their own staff, lead by example.

Money counts and not employees, not people...
Pros
pay was good, some coworkers were helpful.
Cons
no communication, lack of appreciation, care more about numbers than people
Local Management a Problem
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMSeptember 9, 2018
I can only speak for the clinic for which I was hired. There were significant issues with management and competency of the medical director. Such, that there was a Federal audit conducted soon after I left.
Pros
Patient population, mission as a whole was good
Cons
Our location needed a complete overhaul
fast pace stress at times
LPN (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe NMAugust 12, 2018
My employment from 2012 to 2014.
Left the company to be closer to my home in Albquerque NM.
Took out patient position at Veterans
Out patient clince ambulatory care.
I primary took roadrunner to south
Capital but never rembister for cost
Of public transportation. Company
Had to share with other departments.
Act team was awesome to be with
Learned everyday.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
cost of transportation low salary
Friendly and Professional
Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Questa, NMJuly 29, 2018
My daily schedule was usually full I made my own appointments with consumers and did outreach in house with patients, data entry, filing, research, etc. I learned a lot about the gate ways to medical system and programs like Medicare, Medicaid, Affordable Care and Disability. The culture was diverse in all four facilities, I traveled to varies places and did outreach and serviced Tri-County,Espanola Community Clinic, Santa Fe Guidance Center and Questa Health Clinic and traveled to Taos, Espanola, Santa Fe once a week or sometimes twice and Questa was my home office.
The hardest part of my job was not being to help a consumer get medical insurance. And the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people and accomplishing reaching a source of help for the consumer.
Pros
Education in the medical field
Cons
The Salary
Great Company to work
Head Start Family Support Specialist-Enrolled (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 11, 2018
Presbyterian Medical Services is a great company to work for. I learned a lot during the time aI work there. The training was excellent and there are plenty of opportunities for job advancement.
Pros
Good training, excellent benefits
Cons
PMS is a good company to work for.
LEAD CUSTOMER ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE II (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 29, 2018
PMS' mission is to serve low-income, multicultural populations of the Southwest. Offering a sliding scale helps a lot of families afford healthcare that they would not otherwise be able to afford. Thus, working for PMS is valuable service to the community. PMS has its struggles in the work culture like any other company other there. You just have to try it to see if it is a fit for you. There are a lot of nice people that work there.
Worst Place to Work
AR4 (Former Employee) –  6000 Uptown BlvdMay 12, 2018
They tried to buy me off not to spill the beans about their illegal practices and when i wouldn't sign a release threatened me. The management sit around and talk bad about staff to their faces.
it has its pros and con
AR billing and collections (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 1, 2018
I've worked here for 3 years the company offers benefits and retirement. on the cons side there is a lot of micro managing a very high turn over for this job it could be management or for the fact that your under paid. there is not much room for advancement.
Challenging and comfortable work environment.
A/R Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 20, 2018
A comfortable work environment that kept you busy and challenged. I learned to manage my time and resources to provide the best customer service and make sure patient accounts were worked correctly and thoroughly.
The work staff does is amazing
Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NM 87505April 16, 2018
Patients are the number one priority. Staff should be recognized more for their great work. There is a great respect for the company in the community.
Huge Corporation located throughout NM
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMApril 15, 2018
This company had many clinics throughout NM providing medical, dental, and mental health services. As a counselor to a diverse population I counseled adults and children. I was a liaison with the schools in the area , and worked with CYFD as well. Was responsible for assessments and treatment plans. On occasion we also worked with law enforcement.
Pros
Loved the workm I did
Cons
Heartbreaking situations
working at PMS
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 28, 2018
This is a nice company to work for. The providers are great at what they do. Its a very fast pace. The hardest part about working for this place is the work they expect us to do.
Horrible Place to Work
ANONYMOUS (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMarch 27, 2018
* Do not do it...
* Very toxic environment!
* Extremely high employee turnover - that in itself should say something about the company.
* -0- Communication skills
Cons
Nice, hometown place to work
Medical Assistant (MA) (Former Employee) –  Questa, NMMarch 7, 2018
This was a very busy, fast paced place to work, which I enjoyed very much. I didn't like that I was always getting the blame for things going wrong. I feel that me and my work were under appreciated.
Culture is hard but the people are great
Workstation Administrator (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NM 87501February 21, 2018
No real understanding of IT or how it should drive business. IT is the redheaded step child that never gets the support it deserves. But the people are great and the pay was good. Some managers are great and others are not so great. But it really is all a result of culture and this comes from the top down. The top doesn't really do anything to foster a positive work environment and HR is no help in this manner they are reactionary and always seeming focused on recruiting rather than retention.
Pros
Good pay nice people
Cons
bad culture
I love my job
Early Head Start Home Visitor (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMFebruary 15, 2018
I love working with families and assisting them with their developmental knowledge of their pregnancy or children. Empowering parents as their children’s original teachers is amazing!
Pros
Working with families/children, co workers!!
Cons
Wages and benefits
very stressful
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 14, 2018
I have been working for PMS for 8 years and it is horrible. Granted I have learned a lot from my clients but management is cut throat and they are more than willing to through their insubordinates under the bus if they think they might look bad. They are over worked and upper management could care less.
Pros
education from clients.. target population for co-occuring
Cons
Health insurance is very expensive
Worked with elderly
Transportation/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Estancia, NMJanuary 30, 2018
Prepared and Delivered daily and weekly meals, Transported to and from appts. Checked on welfare, and instructed medical needs as necessary. Interviewed future customers.Maintained personnel files

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presbyterian Medical Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight