Presence Health Employee Reviews

Vice President, Merger Integration (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Presence health was a great place to work and offered a lot of opportunity for advancement with talented employees. Management has changed and so will culture.
i would like to work in the kitchen as dietary
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 14, 2018
it was great to work for presence health, but the drive for to far
i like helping people with they menu
make sure the tray was correct for patient
and writing on the menu the % what was eating
Cons
long drive
Productive and fun to work. Good team spirits
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoy working with my coworkers. We work as a team and support each other. Our manager supports staff and makes sure the environment is safe and fun to work in
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Short staffed
Was a great place to work before they centralized HR
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2018
When located on site at medical facility, had great teamwork and terrific relationship with facility management. Things went downhill when they centralized HR into a call center environment. All new management had no relationship with staff, technology never worked as planned, no face-to face time with hiring managers, and poor HR service to staff.
Pros
Paid fairly and good benefits
Cons
Poor environment after centralizing with poor customer service
N/a
Patient Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2018
The office I worked in made my experience bad with this company. I always did my job to the best of my ability. The communication amongst staff was NA
Pros
Multity tasking, working with 5 doctors, location
Cons
Communication, pay, ability to excel
Excellent Organization
Director of Compensation and Benefits (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
New and challenging assignments and projects as the result of a merger of two health systems which allowed you to bring together new and old means of doing business.
A great healthcare system, staffed by wonderful people.
Admin Assistant to V.P. of Insurance and Claims (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
Presence Healthcare is a system in which employees are treated more like family than just another factor in keeping an organization running. For as large of a company as Presence, even the lowest rung on the ladder could reach out and communicate with the CEO. It's the personal touch that makes this health system stand out.
Pros
Friendly down to earth co-workers. Extremely professional.
Run
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 14, 2018
Very poorly managed. Each subsequent merger cuts already barebones staffing and makes it downright dangerous place to work. Not enough staff to adequately care for the patient.
Pros
Good RN salary, good tuition benefits
Cons
Always short staffed, never a lunch break, huge turnover.
Physicians are great but management is poor and disorganized
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 2, 2018
Company used to be great to work for, with good internal advancements and raises. Since company keeps joining new companies the can’t keep good management and refuse to higher internally. They would rather get rid of people that have been doing a great job for a long bf time and higher new cheaper employees. It is all about patient numbers not quality of care.
Overview
Business Analyst/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
I really liked working at this company. Unfortunately they were bought out by Amita Healthcare. However, I decided that it was probably best to move on and try out another domain. My co-workers were great to work with.
Unsatisfactory
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJuly 31, 2018
My hours were cut without my notification, the management is a joke, and my supervisor did not have the correct credentials to manage and supervise my department, causing worklife stress.
Pros
No late hours
Cons
No breaks
not a good work/life balance
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 30, 2018
A typical day starts with you showing up at least 20 mins before start time. Awful parking and you need time to log into a computer to clock in. There is no work life balance at this company
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks, overworked, no work life balance
unorganized,understaffed organization that makes service and business decisions due to overloading employee with multiple responsibilities resulting i
Regional Manager Support Services (Former Employee) –  Mokena, IL 60448July 20, 2018
understaffed organization that over loads employees with responsibilities resulting in bad service & monetary decisions. Good Mission to serve the elderly and uninsured but sometimes followed very loosely. New merger with Ascension Living seems to have lost resident focus on care & safety
Pros
mission
Cons
merger
Presence
Director (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 6, 2018
Not a great organization unfortunately. Many good people that were not allowed to make a positive impact due to various self imposed restraints. Very low employee morale.
Keep looking. No security at this place
Follow-Up Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 18, 2018
No room for advancement, no overtime, lack of communication between management and hourly employees. currently there is an extreme unease as people wonder if they are going to have a job. It is laid back as far as dress code goes. VERY strict on being late. Not even 1 minute is allowed. 30 minute lunch.
Pros
dress code
Cons
everything else
Fast paced, stressful, lack of communication and teamwork
CNA (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 18, 2018
Never offer insentives for employees but always need staff. Be prepared to work short constantly. Sometimes patient to staff ratio is unsafe. The lack of communication is absurd. If you have great coworkers it helps but management is poor.
Pros
Employee perks through website. Free meals on holidays.
Cons
Short staffed, short breaks
Poor pay
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2018
I was a float CNA traveling between 5-7 hospitals. So i really did not have to deal with alot of the politics or attitudes that came with working in the same location.
All work
Medical Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
It is a good place to work, not very much room for advancement, management team is wonderful. Co-workers are great and friendly. It is very challenging and job flow always changing and some times difficult to remember at times
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant Senior Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2018
good place to work,im relocating to Atlanta it' was a pleasure working there for 15years people are very nice.the nurses treat you fairly ,I'm grateful for the experiences I gained
Pros
team work
Cons
not enough staff
Go here only if you want to be on cruise control for the remainder of your career
Senior Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
This company has lackluster leadership, very few bright people and those that are are tucked in a corner. There are no mentorship opportunities, salaries are not competitive and while they are a data-rich organization they are so myopic there's no plan to use it intelligently or wisely. I can only recommend coming to this institution if you're already independently wealthy and need something to do with your time or if you're young and just don't care. I was hired to perform a specific set of duties but after a management shakeup shortly after I arrived, the interesting stuff was moved or altogether dropped and the remedial work stayed.

The only benefit I've gathered is I've learned a programming language because my job is so trivial it afforded me the time to learn these things.
Pros
hands off, low pressure
Cons
bad management, no mentorship, dead end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presence Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight