Presence Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A great healthcare system, staffed by wonderful people.
Admin Assistant to V.P. of Insurance and Claims (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
Presence Healthcare is a system in which employees are treated more like family than just another factor in keeping an organization running. For as large of a company as Presence, even the lowest rung on the ladder could reach out and communicate with the CEO. It's the personal touch that makes this health system stand out.
Pros
Friendly down to earth co-workers. Extremely professional.
Run
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 14, 2018
Very poorly managed. Each subsequent merger cuts already barebones staffing and makes it downright dangerous place to work. Not enough staff to adequately care for the patient.
Pros
Good RN salary, good tuition benefits
Cons
Always short staffed, never a lunch break, huge turnover.
Overview
Business Analyst/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
I really liked working at this company. Unfortunately they were bought out by Amita Healthcare. However, I decided that it was probably best to move on and try out another domain. My co-workers were great to work with.
Unsatisfactory
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJuly 31, 2018
My hours were cut without my notification, the management is a joke, and my supervisor did not have the correct credentials to manage and supervise my department, causing worklife stress.
Pros
No late hours
Cons
No breaks
not a good work/life balance
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 30, 2018
A typical day starts with you showing up at least 20 mins before start time. Awful parking and you need time to log into a computer to clock in. There is no work life balance at this company
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks, overworked, no work life balance
unorganized,understaffed organization that makes service and business decisions due to overloading employee with multiple responsibilities resulting i
Regional Manager Support Services (Former Employee) –  Mokena, IL 60448July 20, 2018
understaffed organization that over loads employees with responsibilities resulting in bad service & monetary decisions. Good Mission to serve the elderly and uninsured but sometimes followed very loosely. New merger with Ascension Living seems to have lost resident focus on care & safety
Pros
mission
Cons
merger
Presence
Director (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 6, 2018
Not a great organization unfortunately. Many good people that were not allowed to make a positive impact due to various self imposed restraints. Very low employee morale.
Keep looking. No security at this place
Follow-Up Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 18, 2018
No room for advancement, no overtime, lack of communication between management and hourly employees. currently there is an extreme unease as people wonder if they are going to have a job. It is laid back as far as dress code goes. VERY strict on being late. Not even 1 minute is allowed. 30 minute lunch.
Pros
dress code
Cons
everything else
Fast paced, stressful, lack of communication and teamwork
CNA (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 18, 2018
Never offer insentives for employees but always need staff. Be prepared to work short constantly. Sometimes patient to staff ratio is unsafe. The lack of communication is absurd. If you have great coworkers it helps but management is poor.
Pros
Employee perks through website. Free meals on holidays.
Cons
Short staffed, short breaks
Poor pay
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2018
I was a float CNA traveling between 5-7 hospitals. So i really did not have to deal with alot of the politics or attitudes that came with working in the same location.
All work
Medical Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
It is a good place to work, not very much room for advancement, management team is wonderful. Co-workers are great and friendly. It is very challenging and job flow always changing and some times difficult to remember at times
good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant Senior Services (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2018
good place to work,im relocating to Atlanta it' was a pleasure working there for 15years people are very nice.the nurses treat you fairly ,I'm grateful for the experiences I gained
Pros
team work
Cons
not enough staff
Go here only if you want to be on cruise control for the remainder of your career
Senior Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
This company has lackluster leadership, very few bright people and those that are are tucked in a corner. There are no mentorship opportunities, salaries are not competitive and while they are a data-rich organization they are so myopic there's no plan to use it intelligently or wisely. I can only recommend coming to this institution if you're already independently wealthy and need something to do with your time or if you're young and just don't care. I was hired to perform a specific set of duties but after a management shakeup shortly after I arrived, the interesting stuff was moved or altogether dropped and the remedial work stayed.

The only benefit I've gathered is I've learned a programming language because my job is so trivial it afforded me the time to learn these things.
Pros
hands off, low pressure
Cons
bad management, no mentorship, dead end
Clients are the best part of the job
Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 9, 2018
My experience was enhanced due to my relationship with the clients. I enjoyed working for them and provide some balance in their life. Client were always respectful and cordial.
Pros
Clients
Inefficient
Sr. Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Hit and miss with management of different departments. Some associates not punished for taking shortcuts, while others are forced to do more. Poor communication and slow delivery of services to patients. Financial reports contain many errors and budgets have little chance of being met.

Good holiday and event celebrations. Doctors treated better than any other associates.
disrespect
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St Mary Elizabeth chicagoMarch 30, 2018
The pharmacist are super lazy and have no respect for techs. They will sit there and watch you work like a dog while phones are ringing and labels are dropping to the floor. There is an employee there presently as of March 2018 who has called off 80 times and counting, post where she is on facebook with no punishment because she is doing"favors" with management. The pay for pharmacy techs there is worse than walgreens. Hopefully the new company can make a change. Some of the best Pharmacist there have just put in resignations.
Poor management
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2018
People who work here are great!
But management does not know what they're doing even though they've been there for years. They let go of so many great staff because they don't know how to take care of their people.
No work life balance! Your day goes by feeling like you're in an assembly line. All they care about is numbers and how they can save their positions.
They should change management and get ones who have leadership skills to make work bearable.
Pros
You have a job, good patient variety/population
Cons
Poor management, no work life balance/career advancement
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse Operating room (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2018
Fun place to work, very collaborative, good management, people like family, sometimes have to stay late hours, or been called back after got home, started at 6 45am
Overall, caring and compassionate people work here.
Regional Director Risk, Patient Safety & Advocacy (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the time I worked at Presence Health. Each healthcare organization has challenges, but the leadership and staff seemed to really care about doing their best to provide safe and effective care.
Pros
Kind and caring staff
Love the people I work with
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 15, 2018
Overall, it is a great place to work. I really like my bosses and LOVE the girls I work with. I do not see any room for advancement to make more money.
Cons
only half hour lunches, breaks are frowned upon

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presence Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight