Presence Health Employee Reviews

Very productive workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2019
My experience with presence health was the best job I've ever hadI loved presence because it was a constant learning experience each day was different
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No TV in break room
Very caring
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 15, 2019
Very happy with my career at Presence Health. The primary focus is always on the patient. Administrative support has always been excellent, and currently still is.
St Joe’s joliet
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 5, 2019
4 managers in the 5 years I worked there, after 5 years I was one of the highest senoirity nurses in my unit, turn over was high. Its a union hospital the only saving grace.
Uncertainty
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2018
Presence Health has gone through many changes over the past year or two which causes much distrust and uncertainty when it comes to the associates who are employed.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Unstable management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2018
Presence never integrated fully since coming together. Leadership's focus spent looking for a buyer for the system. Clinical focus suffered but some great front line care professionals.
Pros
Catholic Mission
money money collections
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 27, 2018
typical day collect money ,learned more insurance verifying,good manager,some employes are very cold to coworkers ,hardest part -asking for money when someone is really sick,some cowrkers are great
Cons
sold to new company, benefits increased
Glad to not be there anymore.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILNovember 20, 2018
Poorly managed. Overly micro managed. did not want to hear suggestions. schedule was not flexible at all. Upper management changed 4 times in 5 yrs. never any encouragement to do more.
Pros
decent people
Cons
Bad work enviroment
Just no
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  NorthlakeNovember 15, 2018
I would be working and told I have to move to another unit at 10am (started at 7am) to cover that's short that another CNA who would be coming in would take over my unit. It made no sense! Why not send the incoming CNA to the unit that is short versus having me get up the residents, leave to the other unit and get up more residents? It made no sense at all, it happened at least once a week I was sick of it.
Pros
Benefits, getting lots of OT, hour long break
Cons
Being moved around a lot, inconsistent schedule
fun place to work
vendor management rep (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2018
face pace environment , friendly coworkers great place to learn about healthcare. Excellent training and a great place to enhance your skills. Growth opportunities provided.
Pros
Paid time off, a lot of parties at work. reflex time is available
Productive place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 11, 2018
Great place to work, good opportunity for advancement. Overtime is available if needed, and the hours worked well for me. Management is great and shows fairness.
Really liked my job
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 9, 2018
My job was great. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I liked all the people that worked in our building. It was just an excellent environment to work.
Pros
Self motivated
Cons
Got laid off
Good Place to work
Residency Coordinator, St. Francis Hospital (PSFH) (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 9, 2018
Presence Health is a good place yo work but the pay can be a little challenging unless you’re in management. However, it’s still a good job and I encourage people to stay there.
Pros
Family-like atmosphere
Cons
Need better pay
Great Place to work for
Desktop Systems Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2018
Presence Health is a great place to work for. Many Benefits. Team Work. Great Boss. All around good place to work. Management is excellent. Take good care of their employees. Comradery amongst co-workers.
Pros
On-call Pay, Good Benefits, Great Team to work with.
Cons
Lack necessary tools to do job.
Low pay and poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 26, 2018
the staff is a MESS they’re understaffed, they don’t care about the residents, they only care about their budget, getting new residents to fill a room and get money from, they get mad every time you write an incident report, staff is very nosey and will get you in trouble for any little thing, lack of communication, NURSES don’t want to work they want CNA’s to do all of their work, they just don’t care for people, they’re very LAZY they’re just there to get a pay check. It’s sad... the pay is a JOKE!!! No bonuses, no raise, and they take 30 min out of your paycheck and sometimes we’re so busy we can’t even take a break... it’s ridiculous!!!!! They always say everyone’s replaceable never take into consideration our sacrifices or recognize our job. It’s utterly disgusting
Pros
Can’t think of one
Cons
Pay, management, lack of communication, understaffed
Place is not managed well.
Enviromental Services Worker (Current Employee) –  La Grange, ILOctober 24, 2018
The beginning of me working here was ok until I started seeing how the facility is truly ran. The only reason I applied here was too get back on my feet for the time if not I wouldn’t have bothered
Pros
You work at your own pace.
Cons
Poor management and communication
Fun and rewarding place
Family Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILOctober 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at Presence for the most part but it had issues like all jobs do. I learned many skills and brought many skills to the table. At times management was very supportive and others not so much.
Great team but horrible manager
Analyst (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 22, 2018
The team I work with is fantastic, the only draw back to working at presence is that my manager is unprofessional. They have said offensive things and HR has done nothing about it. Work life balance is great though and the work is interesting.
Negative culture. Bad management
Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 11, 2018
Used to be a good place to work. Culture is now negative and cut throat. Management from mid to upper level, don't care about employees. It's all about reimbursement and ratings. Always understaffed from transport to nursing to dietary.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Negative culture, understaffed.
Operation Support
Senior Operation Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 10, 2018
Reset Network password, also health care password, monitor networks for over 100 facilities, follow procedures for network failures, trained new employees
Excellent facility to work for
RN (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 4, 2018
I was employed at Presence health for 8 years in the sub acute unit
and was the house charge .
Loved caring for our patients and being a part of great team.
Pros
Able to work extra hours if needed
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presence Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight