Presidio Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Network Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 11, 2019
My company was recently acquired by Presidio, so I don't know much about Presidio yet, but it seems to be a quality place with an eye toward the future.
Horrible office environment, working conditions
Data Analyst/Data Steward (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 3, 2019
Internal IT is horrible. If you are not a favorite of (or related to) management, forget about advancement or even being taken seriously. You will be expected to do exactly as you are told. Stay in your lane and do not question. If a problem arises later because of something you pointed out earlier, it isn't acknowledged. The office environment in Plymouth Meeting is awful. People walk around whistling loudly and talking on their cell phones while others in cubicles are trying to work. Meetings and conference calls are held with doors open and cubicles right outside the door. No regard is given to the people who do the work behind the scenes.
Pros
Cons
almost all of my peers were awesome.
Great company
Cisco IP Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 28, 2018
The management was great. Great team I was associated with. Job was easy just hooking up Cisco phones together and making sure they were all connected.
Difficult environment to succeed.
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJDecember 15, 2018
Segmented departments. Compensation structure needs improvement. Large gap between Sales and Delivery has broad adverse effects. Body shop mentality. Large turn-over experienced over 2.5 year span.

Many good people with 'get the job done' attitude. Off-set by politically self-serving individuals.

Leadership at the top seems solid. Problem is communication to workforce does not provide a view into long-term strategy.

Downward pressure on salaries is caused by competition.
Pros
Schedule flexibility as long as your work is complete.
Cons
Administration overhead takes away from customer focus.
No incentive to grow personally or professionally unless in sales
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 20, 2018
This company has since gone public. I am not so sure of the corporate or territory management office(s) culture at this time. I worked during a transition period of the original sale and many acquisitions. The sales department could do no wrong. The support to sales (everyone else) was considered second class and over paid.
Not long term job material
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 13, 2018
So many things wrong with this company. Management really, really does not care about the employees. Period. They only care about getting the job done at all costs. Unhappy employees, burned out employees, employees with families or just employees as humans means absolutely nothing to managers. No regular meetings, no events. When there are group events, the upper management must feel that they are too good for us because they don't attend. Nepotism is rampant. No clear direction. Management is old and archaic processes and mentality. The company needs a breath of fresh air.
Pros
OK pay and benefits
Cons
terrible work life balance, stressful enviroment, no proper plans, no team feeling
Presidio a great place to work
Director Avaya Field Operations (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 8, 2018
Presidio is a great company to work for and provides a great opportunity for career enhancement. They provide training and a great salary package. They promote teamwork in all areas.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Profit driven
Its a clique company....
Resource Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I was with Presidio for 7 years, loved my job directly, but due to a mans buddy system, i was replaced with my directors friend of 35 years, and I was outed from the department i had dedicated my life too from the day of its existence. This company is poorly managed, and I was led to failure. I worked in some cases 60+ hour weeks non stop with no relief or thanks.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Poor management, no leadership, favoritism
Typical Day
Collections A/R Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 31, 2018
The typical day at Presidio is all work there are some relaxing moments but the majority of the day is focusing on my accounts and making sure I reach out to my contact's to see if I could get promises to pay and also seeing if there was anything I could do to assist them with their needs.
Low Employee Morale
Credit & Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 29, 2018
Over time the job atmosphere has grown quiet and dull. Lack of communication. Zero incentive to work or push harder. Management shows little appreciation for hard work.
Pros
BBQ once a year.
Cons
BBQ once a year.
Left after the merger
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2018
It's been a while but the compensation program was horrible. Resources were scarce and Management was more concerned with baseball scores than sales numbers.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
High pressure, low margins and low pay.
AR Analyst
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 11, 2018
The company almost always hires contract first (For Accounts Receivable anyway...) and takes forever to bring people on board. There is job advancement to other departments if you stick around long enough, but unfortunately, there is very little motivation given to do so. There's a difficult upfront learning curve and NO training platform to tackle it - one week of watching someone work and your left to you're own devices. There are people around to answer questions but they're just as busy as you are.

New hires are brought in almost every other week because employees leave almost as fast as they come on board. I can count the amount of colleagues in my department of 40+ that are still here since I started a year ago on both hands.

Other than this, once you get settled, things are pretty comfy besides EOQ/EOY pushes to collect. Management is pretty relaxed but occasionally steps into overdrive when higher ups are looking to clean up collection stats..
Pros
Friendly Co-workers, bagel Thursdays, work at your own pace
Cons
Minimal training, hard learning curve
Comfortable place to work
Logistics\Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 6, 2018
Created invoices for products to be expedited. I learned a lot about different applications that Presidio used and different spread sheets. My manager was very knowledgeable and helpful. there wasn't really a hardest part and the enjoyable part was just coming to work everyday.
Pros
I stayed busy and had a chance to learn a lot .
Cons
Temperary Assignment
Excellent company
Director of Credit (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 28, 2018
Presidio is managed, from executive level on down, by top notch people. There is open communication and room for growth. They take care of their employees, but expect high productivity from all, which means there is little downtime.

It is an excellent company to work for!
Unproductive and Unprofessional
Resource Management Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
I worked for Presidio National Field Service division and didn't have a great experience in the 4 years I was there. The 1st year i received a raise after my performance review to being written up and terminated within the last 3 months
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Unprofessional managers and no room for advancement
Freedom to Manage Project
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMay 19, 2018
Allowed to manage your projects and delivery.
Freedom to schedule support directly with appropriate teams.
Direct Managers sensitive to important business and individual issues.
Pros
Open to sponsoring technical certifications
Cons
A lot of paperwork per peoject
Good environment
MACD Voice Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2018
Good location. Collaboration is high which is also good. Lacks training for possible issues that may occur. Room for improvement on management end. I'd recommend company.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Oracle DBA (Current Employee) –  VAApril 30, 2018
Excellent company to work for. Nice environment. Great leadership team, Lots of opportunity to grow. Generous package. Great pay. Flexible hours and telecommute
Good People
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 27, 2018
Presidio is a good company. I enjoyed the people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers and managing projects that are poorly scope by sales.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Long work hours
A well-rounded learning experience
Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  VariedApril 22, 2018
Working at Presidio offered a learning experience rarely found inside typical corporate environments. As a professional services company, everyone - from architects to pre-sales engineers to delivery engineers - has an opportunity to work in many different kinds of organizations, and that in-turn offers an opportunity to learn and work with all sorts of technology in many different use-cases. The ability to develop my skill set from a role in delivery to pre-sales design was perhaps the most enriching and most enjoyable part of my experience at Presidio.
Pros
Growth in my technical skill set
Cons
Unpredictable travel at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Presidio. Our community is ready to answer.