Press Enterprise

Press Enterprise Employee Reviews in Bloomsburg, PA

Press Enterprise insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Wonderful Company

Overall a very good company that has been family owned for over 100 years. Almost all of the employees and current members of management, truly care about the community and customers which is what keeps this paper printing day after day.

Poor leadership skills ar leadership positions

Absolute worst place i have ever worked for the backstabbing and in fighting is ridiculous it reminds me of a reality TV show. The company cares little about its employees

Pros

Was a established company

Cons

The industry is dying

Loved my job, no set schedule or hours, average pay

Loved my job, long hours, no set work schedule, expect lots of over time when needed. Pay isn't that great but better than minimum wage. Management was so so. They don't appreciate people with experience over entry level people. Benefits are average.

Its a job

It's steady work but you will be under compensated for any job in the building unless your part of the inner circle with higher up management. Also a lot of temporary workers come threw the door and back out on a daily so lock up your personal items.

Good, family-owned company

Employees were treated very fairly. Locally owned and operated by a well-known family. I enjoyed my time there and appreciated it even more after leaving for another company.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Learned how to stack papers on a pallet

I am looking for something that pays better and that I will enjoy more . would also like to be doing 12 hours shifts so I dont have to work so many days

Love the people but they do not care about their employees.

I've watched too many good employees who have been there for many years leave due to the general culture. Many people are to advance and they hire from outside instead.

Poormanagment

First they say you got the job then they crush your hopes saying they will not hire you and upper management does not do a single thing about it do not apply for a job here

Pros

Cons

Poor managment

Poor management

My overall experience with Press Enterprise is very poor management. No one has ever worked in a professional printing environment. The owners and management are clueless how day to day functions should be done. They should send their managers on a field trip to a real printing company! There are no sales tools, no web presence, no estimating system. No loyalty to their employees. They make deals and promises they do not keep. No future for this company! It is sad because the senior executives that started this company 100 years ago did not have these work ethics!

Simple and easy but boring and monotonous

The job at Press Enterprise was pretty simple as far as a job goes and there was room for advancement. I would have stayed there but the distance and the hours just didn't fit the way I lived.

Pros

Easy work and room for advancement

Cons

Hot and sometimes stressful

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Press Enterprise?

Management don't care

The boss only cares about our times... How long it takes each week to finish our job. They don't care how long we have to stay each day to get it done on time though. I've been badgering my boss to hire someone else, but no, if we do that our times will be thrown way off. Excuse me, but I don't control how long it takes to do a job. What I know is how many people we need to do that job. The only good thing about working here is my coworkers. They make coming to work bearable.

Pros

Hot Dog Day once a year, Coworkers

very stressful

Fast pace with the machines constantly breaking down or be misaligned and then to be told by one of the long time employees they are only going to keep you here until they get through the season and will let you go one day before your probational period is up and that's just what they tried to do but i resigned.

Delivery of daily newspaper bundles to carriers.

This position required reporting to work at 12:00AM. Prior to beginning my route, I assisted loading vehicles for other drivers as well as my own. Once my truck was loaded I began my delivery route and concluded my day at about 6:00AM. The most difficult part of the job was the taxing morning hours that impacted the rest of my day.

Pros

Bonuses, friendly atmospkhere and mutual cooperation.

Cons

Taxing hours as noted above

Poor working conditions

Work setting was very loud, very fast-paced. Poor training provided by management and co-workers, nothing was ever explained nor shown when, how, orwhy things needed to be done. Worked from 5 to 7.5 hours without ANY breaks.

Having fun while I work. If not it would be a long night

I work 12 hour nights. 11pm to 11am Friday thru Monday. I have learned to have fun while we work. The managerment are all willing to come out and help us when we need help. My co workers are all good people to work with. The hardest part of my job is making sure of the quality of our products we produce. Of course the most enjoyable part of my job is when I leave. Sometimes we have a Great night and other times we have it rough nights.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

working 12 hours shifts and then having to drive 45 minutes home

Productive and fast paced

A fast paced job that gets up to the minute results and stories in the paper for local readers. It's a nice setting that allows you to grow and learn on a daily basis.

Receptionist

Receptionist/classified rep. Answered phones, helped customers, was in charge of auctioneer ads, was in charge of special ads such as holidays, sales ads

great place to work

good part time job for college students, especially those majoring in journalism or related fields.

Pros

learned alot about printing production

Cons

stand around alot

Great, friendly company to work for

Good company that promotes from within and treats their employees very well.

Pros

Work independently

Cons

We hire only part time drivers

good work place

good place to work for and great co workers and how to pick order n not a hard part about work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Press Enterprise. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Press Enterprise