Pressed Juicery Employee Reviews

I'd rather not get into it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2019
This job was a job where you'd have to consistently be on your feet which isn't a problem, but I became pregnant and had to beg and get a doctors note to sit down. I was fired when I was 4 months pregnant and re-hired when that manager left. They do not give maternity leave amongst other things that are entirely wrong with this job.
An amazing work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAApril 2, 2019
I spent nearly my entire senior year of high school working at Pressed Juicery and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Pressed Juicery gifted me with skills in customer service I could've never imagined the once shy me could've ever mastered. We had one manager and she was the best. An amazing example for every worker. She made perfection seem attainable. I love that the company not only honors but prioritizes the customer comes first rule. I created many amazing relationships with not only my coworkers but also with the customer during my time at Pressed Juicery and without a doubt, it has been the best job I've had thus far in my life. I will cherish my time at PJ for the rest of my life.
Pros
free juices/freezes (limited), generous employee appreciation, good benefits overall, great relationships, good hours, provides nutrition education
You will work every position.
Machine Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 13, 2019
As a machine operater you will do it all. You will be sanitation at times and have to prep your own produce. They save money by paying you very little and having you do work outside of the scope of machine operater.
Pros
Free juice. Weekends off.
Cons
Everything else.
Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2019
The company cares more about how to make a dollar than it's employees and it's customers. It has gradually declined with new competition in the market
Fun staff, horrible management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 23, 2019
All my coworkers were a blast and we became great friends. However the management is terrible. Would way over schedule, unfairly schedule, and randomly ignore employees. If there was a problem, rather than confronting, the manager would avoid confrontation and just stop scheduling. He would just avoid many problems and acted very unprofessional. Would schedule part timers 35-40 hours per week while scheduling others 1 day a week when they wanted/ needed more, had employees fill out new availability forms very often because he always lost them then would still schedule people during their school hours and time off. When I got hired I was told that "they don't give a beep about the employees." I gave it a shot and it was completely true. Only thing that kept me there were my cool coworkers and the good pay. Wasn't a hard job, just frustrating.
Pros
2 free juices per shift
Cons
bad scheduling and management
People were chill
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 15, 2018
Learned a lot about different benefits of vegetables, fruits, and vitamins. Good team work throughout the store. Met a lot of wonderful people through working for Pressed Juicery.
Highly organized/corporate but lacking passion and humanity.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2018
This job is generally good for people who are only using it to bank hours and have other passion projects that can be worked on remotely.

Hiring: I applied for a FT store manager position, completed a phone interview, then came in for a face-to-face interview and after I realized we weren't discussing the same position, was told I was interviewing for a PT shift lead position. I went for a second round of interviews and was offered a FT shift lead position. In my opinion the process wasn't made extremely clear. Although I was offered fair compensation.

Working: I'll say this, the company is very organized, however, there are numerous arbitrary rules and from my experience no one working there is passionate about the company's mission.

Many requirements are unnecessary/illogical like overlapping manager shifts (3+ hours), limitations on what RSAs are able to do (ie: cannot open or close stores, only able to work mid-shifts where they stock and cashier), keeping all staff on even when extremely slow, full food handlers/kitchen uniform (ie: non-slip shoes, aprons, etc.) even when we don't make or handle any food or open items whatsoever.

Management hires who they want to hang out with, they plan everyone else's schedule around the days they would like to have off. They expect employees to put work above all else with little incentive. They rudely gossip about employees and customers alike.

It's a highly frustrating environment for anyone with intelligence, a desire to work for a meaningful cause or anyone who simply doesn't enjoy the extremely repetitive nature
  more... of the job.  less
Pros
2 free shift juices, fair pay
Cons
no flexibility, boring, pointless rules, long hours, inconsiderate management
All the free organic juice you can drink
Warehouse worker/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 3, 2018
This was my first freezer job separating juices by dates and numbers making deliveries around the LA area and San Fernando area was a great experience
Pros
Free juice
Cons
We just needed better management
ok
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2018
The company is privately owned and very small. There is not alot of top-down support for employees, although they are working on that problem right now.
Unique Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 25, 2018
Very quiet and fast paced environment. I have learned a lot while employed here. Fellow employees are very friendly and knowledgeable. Communication within the different departments needs improving.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor company decisions
Unique job atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 16, 2018
Really have to figure out things on your own, but it helps you grow. Fun to talk to the variety of customers. Learn about all the benefits of healthy ingredients and how to sell them to customers.
Working at Pressed
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Larchmont Village, CAOctober 8, 2018
My time working for pressed was a great learning experience. While working there most of the time days were simple. I would great costumers when they walked in, if they were new to the store I would describe all the juices we had and their benefits. Hand out breaks when Someone had to take one. My time working there was really mind opening, because I had to learn all the ingredients for each juice and the benefits of the juice in a whole as well as the benefits of each ingredient. The store manager while working there was great, we connected on similar this right away. One of the greatest thing in my personal opinion during my time there was fitting in easy when covering for other stores. I think the most hardest part when I was working there was hitting sales goal, because at my location foot traffic was slow in the evening. However the most enjoyable part of working there is the potential connection you make with your costumers.
Pros
2 free juices every shift
Cons
Over all management over the company
Fun workplace but management is awful
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 30, 2018
The job itself was great, the customers and other employees were amazing and fun to work with, however the management is subpar. The schedule was made Sunday night for that week, scheduled me when I had class, I was suppose to be part time but ended up working 30-35 hours a week, and would do this to everyone that worked there.
Pros
two free juices a shift, pay is also nice
Cons
too many hours, not considerate with your time
Awesome!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 29, 2018
Pressed Juicery is a customer service based company. Working within the company I gained more communication, organizational, and management skills. If you want the opportunity for growth, this is the company to apply for. They give you health and they give you support in your success.
Manager review and workplace culture
Shift leader, Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2018
Management was very responsive to address any needs of the staff. Workplace culture was bright, generous, transparent. I learned the process of pressed juice is higher quality than juicing it.
Cool place fun people
Supervisor / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAAugust 21, 2018
I overall love PJ it's just at the time I needed more money than they were able to offer and a better paying gig came across my path so I had to take it.
Pros
free juice, fun people
Cons
none i can say
Great opportunity for building management skills
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 9, 2018
Leaning management skills such as opening and closing by yourself as a shift lead, dealing with daily profits, and responsibilities as in cleaning and maintaining the store, counting inventory, as well as learning to coordinate with others.
Pros
2 Free juices per shift
Cons
High pressure
Fun part time job
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2018
This was a great job if you are a student in need of a part time job. You learn great costumer service skills. Pressed Juicery stores in Seattle were unorganized and fairly new to the area it took a lot of change and working with corporate to figure out what worked best for these stores in Seattle.
Fun workplace, great team and vibe
Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2018
● Direct other employees through their daily routines and interact with customers to make sure that they have a satisfactory experience
● Act as quality control, ensuring customer satisfaction through training employees properly and adhering to company policy.
● Drive company sales growth and profitability through customer centric selling, teamwork, superior product knowledge, and an impeccable customer experience.
● Provide individual & team performance feedback and recommendations to managers.
● Coach and elevate team performance in the moment to maximize team selling potential. Set clear goals and expectations with all associates on every shift.
● Support onboarding of new employees and continued training of selling team.
● Create new relationships with everyday customers and speak on the benefits from our products as well as doing a cleanse.
● Perform opening and closing duties including execution of bank deposits, receipt of shipment, and interpret / disseminate company directive when assigned as manager on duty. Maintain store appearance and cleanliness standards.
● Some other responsibilities include supervising all associates, bank deposits, online orders, inventory, scheduling/ labor, making orders, interviewing, and training.
Pros
2 Free juices
Fair & positive sales environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 21, 2018
This job is really good if you aren't lazy. There is a lot of downtime, so you're spending a lot of time cleaning and organizing when you're not working with a customer. Management is really fair and nice and the company cares about you. It's really a team because you have to communicate with one another and be social, especially with customers. also you have to really care about health, so you can relate to the customers and be knowledgable.
my manager there was AMAZING, really good teacher and wants you to succeed.
Pros
Two free juices or freeze, wonderful management, easy job :)
Cons
product knowledge/memorization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pressed Juicery. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight