Pressley Ridge Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Just a passing job.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 5, 2018
Therapists did horrible jobs. Couldn't figure out how, why, etc. Just seemed like they scrapped the barrel of FBTs that had bad job histories, and most I find hard to believe they were qualified. My office closed, as did many in my area. Clients were under-served, and co-workers pressured colleagues to also do less. It was just not why or what someone wants to deal with in social work. It breaks you down knowing that clients are not getting what they sign up for, and then these same clients get the blame for their families - and I just could not personally live with that. Sure I spoke up, and that places you on the chopping block anyway. But management, their experience was so outdated, that they had no clinical value either. The smarter they knew you were just made it harder too. So, there was not way to grow with this company other than some of the training, but again, since most of it was case lessons, you cannot learn from just people who do not know FBT, CBT, DBT, and so on. It was a joke. I think most colleagues just were teachers who could not pass their certification test but qualified for the work. Seeing 'therapy' being run like a bad in kid in a classroom had me leave.
Pros
A job.
Cons
You lose your skills.
Could be a great place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ona, WVJune 9, 2018
Worked over with unreasonable expectations without any compensation or regard for hard work. Stressed atmosphere due to all employees being overworked, but the program is amazing.
Pros
Good experience, free meals
Cons
High expectations, unreasonable deadlines, long (not flexible) hours without compensation
It's Called Control
Data Specialist/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2018
Management are tight knit and can be vindictive. If the director actually knew what he was doing success would be attainable. Also, you will be expected to work like a dog for pennies.

But positively if looking for new and first work experience great place to be. They are understanding of families and their needs.
Very stressful environment with little acknowlegement
Administrative Assistant/Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2018
This was a very demanding job that encompassed the work load of 2-3 people to complete. Management was demanding of perfection and relentless in pace.
Pros
Lunch included. Parking. Co-workers were supportive and helpful
Cons
Work load was near impossible and management was dismissive.
Family Preservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 25, 2018
long days and nights pay nor worth time worked. had no life outside of job. Management difficult to work with. Do not recommend this employer. OK if just first job in field.
Can't get out of their own way.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WVMay 21, 2018
While my direct supervisor was great, upper management was not. Upper management violated their own policies, undermined supervisors below them and generally trash talked the direct care staff. This organization uses people for as long as they can and then throws them away. Work here at your own peril.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
short career expectancy
Waste of time
Medical Aide (Former Employee) –  Ona, WVMay 16, 2018
I worked at Pressley for less than 6 months. My work week consisted of doing the job of 2 or more people at just above minimum wage pay. My hours exceeded 40 each week. I worked in the medical dept with management that had no medical background. You are asked to do work outside of your job description and pay.
Pros
Working with kids
Not a position you can have for 5 or more years
Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2018
The field of therapeutic foster care can be tiring, stressful and unforgiving on some days regardless of how much support you receive from the agency you work for. If you are just starting your social work career, it is an okay job to start out with because Pressley Ridge will train you but the rigors of the job can cause early burnout.
Awful management
CLINICAL THERAPIST/CASEWORKER (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 30, 2018
The mission of the company is great. There are a lot of hardworking individuals here who want to make a difference. Unfortunately the agency has very low standards for management. Supervisors are very poor.
Pros
good mission, flexible work
Cons
poor management and clinical support
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 26, 2018
Supervisors are wonderful and it is a very friendly and inviting place to work. Everyone is very cooperative and there are perks like lunches and desserts on special days.
Pros
Coffee is available every day
Steer Clear from this disorganized establishment.!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 26, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working for this company at all! It is highly disorganized. There is no follow through for disciplinary actions when there should be! The culture as a whole is horrible! When issues arise, corporate HR is no help.
Pros
Fair pay for the area
Cons
Disrespect, unfair promotions, lack of advancement, No follow through for disciplinary actions
Pressley Ridge
Teacher/Counselor Aide (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 17, 2018
Due to understaffing issue, it was a hard place to work at. Pay was low, OT hours were really high. It is a demanding job that at the moment was asking for too much from employees.
Do not work here!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 31, 2018
I never write online reviews, but this time I just had to. Employers at Pressley left me feeling underappreciated, undervalued, and overworked...as most employees would agree. Criticism is dished out freely while positive feedback is deeply lacking. These and many other issues perpetuate a cycle of extremely high turnover; I witnessed SIX coworkers quit within the span of a only few months. People were dropping like flies and office morale was painfully low. Not to mention the awful salaries, stingy pay raises, expensive health insurance, and limited room for upward mobility. I could say a lot more, but I think you catch my drift. I genuinely advise against working here unless you want a job that you'll be scrambling to leave in under a year.
Pros
Free lunch at school cafeteria
Cons
Terrible management, misleading job description, high turnover, low pay
Good Entry Level Experience but don't expect to build a career here
Employee (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 1, 2017
Pressley has good ideas with poor follow through. Inconsistency is the name of the game with this organization. Management is to be desired as they lack appropriate leadership competencies. What is good for the goose(middle and upper management) is definitely not good for the gander (anyone who falls below).
While there are some really dedicated employees, eventually they will look elsewhere as Pressley fails to keep quality staff for long.
Pros
Flexibility
Good Place, but no growth
CPST/Family Services Worker-left in 2015 (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 27, 2017
Good place to work, but no growth as a CPST worker. The culture is very good, and very close knit, and I actually miss my old co-workers that are still there. The environment is laid back, and managment is supportive.
Pros
Great management
Cons
No growth, low wages
Great place to gain experience
Safe at Home Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 20, 2017
Great atmosphere. Wonderful people to work with. overall I have learned alot from this job. If there were more room for advancement opportunities it would be a perfect place to work.
Okay company to work for but would not recommend to anyone...
Family Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaver Falls, PANovember 20, 2017
While I enjoyed working there, after a while, the cons really started to outweigh the pros. I was working a salaried position but this position required 24/7 on call availability. There was no rotation, I was on call all the time. This meant my work schedule was never predictable. I felt very little support, guidance or direction given from management, all things I really needed. A lot of the time, it felt like they were only there to tell me when I did something wrong. Never any positivity or praise for anything I did right.
This didn’t help me grow and instead it only caused me to struggle in my role within their agency which is so frustrating because if I had that support, things may have been different.
There are a few perks to the job, they do pay mileage and give you a phone to use, awesome vision and dental. Also offer a 401k with company match, decent amount of PTO, and wellness programs.
Their healthcare benefits are CDHP, high deductible plans, which sucked.

Overall, I wouldn’t recommend working here.
Pros
Okay benefits
Cons
Management is not very supportive, hours can be unreasonable, pay is not great
Fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 31, 2017
Pressley Ridge was a fun place to work. If you are intrested in working with adolescents, therapy and or counseling, then this is the place for you!!!
sucks
Counselor / Direct Care Support (Current Employee) –  530 Marshall Ave Pittsburgh Pa 15214August 10, 2017
It will drain your mind body and soul. Please do not work here it is where my soul went to die. There is no progression in these workplace. There is no support what so ever.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
The hours
Rewarding
TC, FSC, in home worker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVAugust 9, 2017
Rewarding place to work usually. They are in several states and countries and have a variety of programs they offer. 2/3 of the programs I worked under don't exist any longer. The hours could be hard especially in residential settings. Usually they are flexible and it is more of a get your work done whether it takes 15 hours or 50 hours. Downside of this was often if you took a day off you had to work harder and still get as much done as if you had not taken off.
Pros
rewarding working with youths
Cons
Time off usually means working harder, burnout is possible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pressley Ridge. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight