Prestige Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work!
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tillamook, ORApril 19, 2019
Management is absolutely awful! Sets everyone up for failure! Turnover is sky high! Owners really need to look into this location as several residents have moved out!!
Wonderful
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Moorefield, WVApril 8, 2019
There wasn’t one thing I didn’t like about this job. Personal issues occurred. I started out at 8.75 , was have a raise to 9.25 within a few short months for the job being done very well. I loved this job
Gain experience, but don't stay too long
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 6, 2019
If you're looking for your first job as a CNA, nurse, CMA, etc. Prestige and their many buildings will gladly hire you. Benefits are subpar, health insurance is terrible, 401K is lack luster and well below what other companies offer for their matching, and PTO/sick leave are accrued and used as the same. Long-time employees get nothing in terms of award for tenure (10 years+) but a little pin and most often nothing else. Simply put, Prestige is ran like a business without much regard to their patients and the floor staffing.

Specifically I worked at Glisan Care Center for a year. 75% of the nursing staff are a pleasure to work with despite the many shortcomings that Glisan Care Center has. Consistently short-staffed with nursing assistants on all shifts, the absolute worst example I have seen in my career in nursing thus far. Nurses are consistently left to manage a building of 60+ patients on night shifts. Most of the nurses are competent at their duties, however there are few who could use a major attitude adjustment and as such make it difficult to work at the facility. Overall, much of the staff is burnout and there is a large turnover ratio, DNS included. Work here if you need that first initial experience, but don't stay too long.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Upper management is horrible and a huge lack of accountability
I love my clients I work with but some of the management lack communication
RA (Current Employee) –  Southbury, CTApril 1, 2019
I would start my day by passing meds feeding client, then do house wor, take client out on nice days shopping or maybe even out for a walk... However the management lack communication with their employees as well the clients
Pros
Pay mileage when taking client out
Cons
Lack of communication between management
Even though personally attacked because of weak management, I would say it got better before I leave
LPN Change (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMarch 31, 2019
The place is clean, free coffee sturbuck like, as far as you can manager stressful nursing, it is great most of the time. Kitchen staffs are nice, most patients are nice. Secured place, pass code every where,
Bad side of it childish employee: too much gassip. They will touch you to make uncomfortable even if tell them to stop, when you get irritated they will accuse with drug case. If you have strict work ethic, you will get accused telatell to coe.
Pros
Clean, nice
Cons
childish employee
Not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMarch 23, 2019
This place is very hectic, stressful, and under staffed. I worked as an CNA for a short while. (1 month) it was very unprofessional. They never used gait belts when transferring residents, they are horrible with hand hygiene, they violate HIPPA laws constantly. Being that I was a new person I was never trained properly. The other CNAs ignored I was there. They ignored call lights if it wasn't their residents. You get assigned around 7 residents, and 6 of them are full assist. No one will help you with them so you are stuck doing it alone. I witnessed a CNA using a hoyer on a resident by herself when you have to use it with 2 people at all time. You don't get your breaks. CNA gossip all day about the residents. This place is a complete mess. The residents are so rude and seem to think you are their personal slave. Then on top of everything you have 30 min of charting to get done at the end of each shift. This place needs to be shut down. I don't see how they have a CNA training program and their CNAs don't follow protocol. They act as if they were never trained and run it as if it was an ALF. It's a total mess. On top of it all they did not give me my hours from when I would stay 30 to 40 mins after my shift charting or waiting for my relief to get there. There were days I didn't take my lunch and they didn't pay me for it. The building is old and very dirty. The CNAs are very lazy.
Cons
Staff gossip and clique up, no real breaks, very stressful
Job to gain relevant experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAMarch 22, 2019
A good starting place to gain relevant experience, however, consistently understaffed and uneven workload causes undo hardship and stress for one to cope with.
This place is the worst! Avoid it at all cost!
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Orchard heights SalemMarch 17, 2019
Management sucks and if you have concerns about residents they don't listen. So many med errors it wasn't funny. Residents are not happy. no activities for residents be prepared to work sick and they will work you into the ground with zero regards. Pay rate is lowest of the lowest 10 years experience 12.55 an hour!
Pros
Great residents
Complete BS
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMarch 14, 2019
Most of the coworkers are nice and helpful. When I reported a coworker for doing a 2 person transfer by herself she didnt even get in trouble. She told me I was too slow but she refused to ever help me with call lights or help with "my rooms" even though administration told us we share the entire hallway. The med aids and most of the nurses are nice. I had a bit of a problem when an aid didnt show up for work so I had the full 23 person hallway to myself. I was told another aid would come in by 7pm but she didnt show up til 8pm. I couldn't get showers done. I basically did vitals and call lights while helping the one person transfers get up for dinner. A 2 person resident insisted on getting up and I was able to get another person to help me get this resident up. When it came time to get her to bed I had to wait for the other aid to come in and she was an hour late. The resident was mad and I kept apologizing. By the time the other aid had gotten there everyone was down for the night. The entire time administration was there and no one stepped in to help me. I also had to step to another hall for an hour or two going back and forth because a second aid on another hall didnt show up for work as well. They found someone else to help on that hall. Another night I was put down a hall I was not trained on and the other aid basically had to tell me what to do and when. We ran on our feet 8.5 hours straight not getting lunches or breaks because we were so behind. Occassionally the hall nurse helped but that was all. We both stayed 30 mins late to get charting done. All the while we  more... had a staff meeting where admins told us CNAS we weren't spending enough time with the residents to make them feel at home... WHAT TIME? We were constantly running from room to room giving care and handing people their call lights. We dont have anymore time than that. Its complete joke when you are doing the best you can and then being told you arent doing enough or well enough but not one of them will step on the floor. It's a joke. They pay under $15 an hour.  less
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No breaks, wage not worth it
Very mean employees and mangament is very unorganized.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 12, 2019
I wouldn't recommend working for prestige of Visalia the mangament is very unorganized and they don't care about how their staff treats other new staff members or residents.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  604 Broadway Longview, WA 98632March 7, 2019
Poor employee acknowledgement. You work overtime and never get paid for it. You take on shift after shift only to be ripped off.I was a CNA and there was 3 floors with 30 apartments per floor with 1 CNA per floor. Problem is that usually someone didnt show up for their shift so I would be covering 2 floors myself. I worked many overtime hours and was not paid for it. They ripped me off $700 and I quit. They go through people left and right and this is one of many reasons why.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Poor pay, rip you off on your pay, dont appreciate employees efforts.
Horrible place
Dietary Aide and Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTMarch 7, 2019
I heard PCA's constantly talking badly about residents. Witnessed both my bosses at the time not pay attention to each others schedule for me so I worked a double 2 times morning dietary aide then evening PCA in expressions. It sucked.
If you care about your mental health and wellness don't get a job anywhere here..you will regret it
Don’t do it.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 22, 2019
Terrible support for long time employees. Very vindictive and spiteful management. Loose infection control policies, questionable staff among all facilities, false compensation claims. They distract with the pay, stiff you on hours, terrible insurance, falsifying pto hours, offer no support when you need it, and are quick to blame low level staff for mistakes.

Save yourself, work somewhere else.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Poor Corporate Level Support
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 20, 2019
Poor corporate level support. Lack of response to my HR concerns identified of corporate management. Not enough staff and the food was lousy. I was there for six years, only left for the lack of support by upper management. My ED and RCC were amazing.
Cons
No lunch breaks given
Cna
CNA (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 18, 2019
You’ll have to set your boundaries fast while working here. Even while working full time there will always be overtime available due to poor staffing. They enjoy dumping overtime on new workers and I’ve seen them burn out. You’ll have six or more assigned residents half of them will be total assists needing two people for transfers. While somehow squeezing in 3-4 showers /shift on swing. The workload is ridiculous. You and another aide will run food trays up and down the hall for +40 people while two others are running lights. All the while the nurses will be sitting and eating lunch. The med aid is a loudmouth and enjoys gossiping constantly with the nurses and the DNS. Heaven forbid you get a get a break lunch break if your lucky. But hey that’s the exciting world of being a CNA if you have heart and steal nerves and thick skin go for it. Just remember you give them and inch they’ll take a mile. Also don’t bother complaining about violent combative residents that’ll scream and yell at you while trying to take your face off with their infected nails XD You’re obligated to help they pay your wage after all.
Pros
Great way to learn new coping mechanisms
Cons
backbitting brown nosing favorites that pretend to care
Look elsewhere for employment
Nursing Assistant Certified (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, WAFebruary 15, 2019
Lacks proper amount of staff. Management needs training. Scheduling is a mess in this facility. Health insurance is offered, but poor quality. A lot of staff gets hurt on the job due to combative residents and not enough staff on the floor. No opportunity for job advancement.
Pros
Hours always available to work. Paid overtime.
Cons
Lack of teamwork, short staffed often, no breaks or lunch very often, management doesn’t value employees
Bad management and relationship with employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAFebruary 14, 2019
I would not go to work for them. They have a lot of internal problems. The main problems are management. And they need to improve how they care for residents. If a resident has a need you do not just ignore the request for help. And they speak and behave rudely to the residents. If the residents do not need much then they are better. But if they have higher needs the cna and nurse staff is not that great. And they do not apply the rules evenly across the board when it comes to staff.
Pros
My hours worked will with home time.
Cons
Bad management
Horrible place to work for!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston Orchards, IDFebruary 14, 2019
Very hostile working environment. I was purposely hit in the face by one of the employees who still work there. Management sucks, they don’t care. Orchards faculty and place is falling apart and it’s a revolving door of always new people. Staff smoke cigarettes with the resisdents and talk trash either about an employee or a resident. No privacy
Cons
Place is a dump
Just tv
Cna (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDFebruary 2, 2019
Former employee (Caldwell Idaho) The expressions lock down unit was nasty and dirty and all the aides did was bad mouth each other and the med tech's. I would never work there again
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Care to residents was bad
nice work environment
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCFebruary 2, 2019
nornal days consisted of caring for someone weither it be giving bathes, assisting with daily living skills, scheduling appointments when needed, run errands, ect
Pros
helping people and getting the satified feeling at the end of the day
Cons
not enough hours with clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prestige Care, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9