Prestige Cleaners Employee Reviews

Very Temporary
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 15, 2019
Prestige Cleaners is a production facility first and an everything else second. It's a we needed to have those clothes out yesterday work environment. Expect to wear short sleeves in the winter! There is no air conditioning, but they do have stationary blowers. They really need to build a bigger facility or reorganize that one. Expect to be cramped, with no proper training (English)! The facility I was at had mostly Latino workers in my department, which made lunch time very secluded. ( as they all knew some English but refused to engage with non Spanish speakers). Despite that I felt I had good co-workers. They expect you to complain to the supervisor, that is if you can find her. Remember what I said at the beginning. I felt that the management does not know how to treat employees. What I learned was possible skills for the next job. Making ten dollars an hour is not enough compensation to put up with the stress this job will bring. Especially when you can get an easier job somewhere else for the same amount of money. The hardest part of the job was the stress of constantly being told to speed up. Even though I trained myself, and did not know what was acceptable to leave wrinkly. (nothing imo) The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at the end of the day! Let this be a cautionary warning. It might look good from the outside, but you don't know until you've wasted time. In a typical day at work, it is repetitive. Expect to be burned, and I mean that literally as well. Don't expect a raise, and don't expect to be trained for other jobs within the company. Good luck!
Pros
Small Tour of facility during interview
Cons
A very laid back type of job
Front Counter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 28, 2018
This job is very laid back but can also get very hectic. They do not ask a lot from you as an employee but give it your all and keep a positive attitude. It is a good side job or part-time job.
Pros
Discounts
Benefits
Awesome place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 25, 2018
This was the most rewarding job I have ever had. I learned everything there is to know about this job. This company strives for employee and customer satisfaction.
Pros
All in all a great company
Slow paced
Front Desk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 28, 2018
I worked part-time at Prestige Cleaners from 1pm-6pm Monday through Friday and 9am-2pm every other Saturday. Although the owners were nice to me (for the most part), in my opinion they did not know how to properly run the stores or treat employees fairly. It has potential to thrive, if it can strongly work on their communication skills amongst each other and towards customers. Lots of coverups, manipulation, drama, and lack of communication and integrity or drive for better change in reasoning for my resignation. Workplace culture was very slow-paced for most days and very busy for about 3 days in the week but still slow for pick ups. The hardest part I would say is when first starting the job and learning about the types of cleaning customers preferred, but it gets easier because most customers are regulars or Sheriffs who are really cool with great personalities (I became friends with majority of them) so I would say that's the most enjoyable part as well as knowing the neighbors in the surrounding who are sweet in example, the people who work at the barbershops, salon, and dental place next door are great. Overall, if Prestige Cleaners were to come across this review and take heed to this constructive criticism in order to fix flaws and work on integrity, I would recommend this job to individuals who are looking for do right and work part time in the upper Tallahassee area.
Pros
Chic-Fil-A next door, lots of down time
Cons
Lack of communication, less hours and short pay
Great Family Owned Business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 14, 2013
Great company to work for! Provided a really good support to all of their 8 store managers. The company has a long standing great reputation of community involvement.
Pros
Great Management Support
Cons
Distance from where I currently live.
Friendly people, but a hott enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 14, 2012
In a typical work day we service customers through our drive through while marking in clothes and preparing clothes for a pick up. I bag the clothes, perform inspections and rack the clothes. We also problem solve throughout the day and perform cash and credit card transactions. We meet a deadline everyday in which the clothes have to be done by 4pm everyday. It is a fast paced enviroment and we are accurate and have knowledge of the company in order to answer customer questions. The manager is rarley asked for help, we all have our roles that we do everyday in order for the day to run smoothly. Our managers help us feel comfortable enough to leave us on our own everyday knowing the store is in good hands. I typically close the store by myself and handle all problems that the customer has as well as make sure everything is ready for closing. I have learned how to handle customers in even the most difficult times and how to problem solve. I have learned to meet deadlines and to put priority tasks first. I have also learned to multitask which is important I feel in any career. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with, they are friendly and I feel like I can talk to them about almost anything.
Pros
friendly enviroment, flexable with schedules for school
Cons
hott enviroment and some customers are very difficult to deal with.
Good Company but bad Manager not following company procedures correctly.
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 9, 2012
I enjoyed my customers here and got to know them very well. Although the manager was not following company guide lines correctly and did not like an employee going above him trying to keep customers satisfied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prestige Cleaners. Our community is ready to answer.