Prestige Healthcare Employee Reviews

Regional and corporate staff treat facility staff like garbage
Administrator (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 9, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked for. No real regional operations or HR support . Ridiculous budget expectations and no concern for residents and staff. Too many redundant reports and conference calls. The company has lowered its standards, does not hold regional and corporate staff accountable and micromanages the facilities. Regional and corporate staff treat and talk to facility staff terrible. Company needs to learn that you can make a dollar and do right by people at the same time.
Pros
Working with co-workers at facility and the residents is rewarding.
Cons
Unprofessional, unhelpful regional and corporate staff. Company is only focused on making a dollar at all cost.
Very flexable hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 31, 2018
Great group of people to work with. Always willing to help. Easy to talk to. The hours are great, very flexible. Does not feel overwhelmed with patient care needs.
Decent workplace
Provider (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXJuly 29, 2018
Fairly easy. Mostly consisted of cleaning and meeting the patients needs. Over all great environment and energy as long as patient is satisfied with work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No vacation time
A/P team leader
A/P Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40222July 27, 2018
Run accounts payable functions for twelve facilities and keep in control. Prepared journal entries for biweekly payroll. Trained new accounts payable staff. Did accounts receivable for private billing for Assisant living facility. Reconcile expense reports and American Express Credit cards. Cut manual checks for payroll and reconcile this for ADP reports.
Pros
Interesting place to work at. Learned a lot working there.
Bad
Hospital Liaison (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 16, 2018
Horrible management, No one wants to work as a team, they run off all of the good employees and gives praise to the lazy workers because they are friends. Management makes it a bad place to work and will blame all of their mistakes on everyone else to make them look good.
Great job for new cna
CNA (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2018
I worked for prestige about 1 year, it was pretty fast paced. Not very competitive wages. Hardest part of the job was being understaffed. poor health benefits.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
poor health benefits
Prestige
Collections Specialist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2018
Prestiage management was unfair in not paying me my bonus after I managed 80 Nursing Home facilities Excel DataBase system. These accounts were delequent and I implmented payment arrangements and got them current or paying. I increased the arrears balance to a hundred thousand dollars positive and Prestiage refused to pay me my bonus of $2500.
Pros
Prestiage had good working flex hours.
Cons
Prestiage was a temporary job job and refused to pay my bonus.
Great place to grow
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 4, 2018
Loved working with my co-workers and the patients
Could work more hours if needed, but never felt like I was forced to.
Great place to grow and work.
Nice coworkers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 18, 2017
Coworkers were nice, but management and was bad. Short staffed but good pay for staying and doing a double. It’s q nice place to work at and I would recommend it.
Hmmm
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 15, 2017
The higher ups don't seem to care about aids. Night shift rarely had enough people to work. Had 2 aids to work 2 halls one night. Aids are nice. The residents are loving, yet some get away with too much.
hard work and ourcomes do no matter to this company
Regional RAI Director (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 24, 2017
This company is a train wreck! They're all about making money, only, and not about taking care of the residents. Their facilities are always understaffed. There is poor clinical oversight. They never invest money into their facilities or staff. They care more about reports and numbers than they do actual outcomes. They might pay one person extremely well and the next really poorly for doing the same job. It's pretty bad when you find out that a brand new DON is making more than a regional position and you are working 12-16 hour days 6-7 days per week to help the company make more money. They tell you that your lousy mileage stipend will be re-evaluated, but mine never changed in 15 months. They will also tell you that you will be eligible for a salary increase after a year, but they find a way to postpone that, too. They promote people who have been with the company, but who are not necessarily qualified.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Accounting and Finance
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2017
Great team in the accounting department! The CEO started as a nurse's aide and encourages us all to remember that it is our residents that we serve. Ownership has invested heavily in new systems as we continue to grow and the company is on par technology-wise with companies much larger in the industry.
Pros
Focused on acheiving results with integrity. Team building.
Cons
Rapid growth can be stressful at times, but provides opportunities for advancement.
Lack of Trust
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 2, 2017
There was a lack of leadership in the kitchen. Not enough resources or quality help was provided. Customers and other employees were not enjoyable to be around
Job summary
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2017
Overall good employer, Home health agency, great pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to go above and beyond of my job duties and to fulfill the client's needs.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Can be stressful
People were nice to work with
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Seaman, OHSeptember 30, 2017
Not Stable job. long hours. The co-workers were great. You never know how long or short your day was going to be. Work till midnight one day and the next had to be there @8am
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hours
Extensive care and concern for my client.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMSeptember 11, 2017
I can't state enough how relevant experience I have accomplished working with my client I was assigned to.My job came automatic to showing compassion and sincerity, in helping people in need of there special needs.I take pride in doing so.
hate it
Collector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
the worst place ever to work. I hated everything about that place. the location, the management team, my coworkers!! I've never felt this way about any place I ever worked
good work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southbury, CTAugust 30, 2017
Enjoy working with my patients need more cases but over all. Was good place not really that much professional. came in handy when needed a job .I will return
Pros
good pay
Cons
no lunch breaks
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PennsylvaniaAugust 23, 2017
Good place to work, and very on point with there employers, and I'm very pleased to be working there , it helps people that need help. They also give you training here if you need it
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Flexible time
No support
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Clair, MIAugust 21, 2017
What I've been experiencing on a typical day. I've had over 30 pt.s to care for on a day shift. In addition to passing med's and doing treatments, there's admissions to do especially on Mondays and Fridays. There's been some days when three admits come. Most often you'll find the admit paperwork on the med cart. Then, there's no time of arrival, and that usually indicates that the pt. won't come until after 5 p.m. So, that means, you have to call the physician caring for the pt. to confirm the medications, enter them, and schedule lab work. Then, the real fun begins. You send the med list to the Pharmacy, and if you've sent it early enough, all of the pt.'s meds will come (maybe).
Even with STAT orders, expect a 4 hour wait. So, while you're trying to dispense medications and attempting to do treatments to the pt's. you have already, you're pulling the new client's med's from the back up box. Frequently, the other staff, (therapy in particular) take the pt. to therapy without letting you know that they're taking them, or if you've prepared their med's, then somehow you're interfering with their schedule. The C.N.A.'s are constantly doing "end runs" around the nurses, speaking with the N.P.'s and physicians.about pt's. and relating symptoms. (needless U/A's that have ordered).
When new hires come and they see what we go through, frequently they leave even before their orientation is through (and I don't blame them one bit). You should be aware that you'll be at the low end of the pay scale, they don't recognize experience, and lately they've been denying vacation
  more... time that was scheduled weeks in advance.
When you get another position somewhere else, you have to give 4 weeks notice, or they pay you minimum wage for you last paycheck.
I stay here for the pt.s, but lately I've been looking for another position.
Pros
The pts., the other staff, i.e. Activities, Social Services
Cons
Like I said, no real support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prestige Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about