PRESTIGE TOYOTA Employee Reviews

Great place to work at except the new management was horrible.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJMarch 28, 2018
loved the other sales people, great pay plan, just bad management after the old management left in 2015. I would go back in a heartbeat if the management got better.
Pros
Great place, nice co-workers
Cons
Management isn't what it use to be with the management in left in 2015
A productive and fun work environment
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJMarch 17, 2018
Being surrounded by dynamic professionals thrives be to be the best I can be. Toyota has always been good to me throughout my career. I've learned so much and grew into an outstanding and true professional.
Pros
Positive and energetic
Cons
Stressfull at times
Miserable Place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJNovember 9, 2017
Long, miserable days with management always down your throat for the most ridiculous reasons. The culture here is very disturbing and seems like high school all over again. Most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and even they were sometimes miserable. Hardest part of the job was truly working your tail off to try to make a living and watching slackers getting handed done deal after done deal. Not a fair workplace at all.
Busy place with a lot to learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJSeptember 15, 2016
Place like this should be awarded, very nice atmosphere to work at.. chill management put some pressure on you sometimes but this is the nature of this business..
Fun work environment
Lot Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 9, 2015
To be part of a crew that respected one another and have management reward you with the highest honor of being Employee of the year. The hardest part is when management decided to retire and sold business to another party.
Pros
Team work, respect and great managers
Cons
New management didnt meet or exceed previous owners ethics
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 20, 2015
Enjoyed repairing cars and learning new techniques. Also enjoyed assisting coworkers with their tasks. Hearing the service writers praise me made my day, despite I was only doing my job.
Pros
Was allowed to show what I know
Cons
Business died last week of September. Had to take transfer and pay cut.
Needs a lot of work at upper Management
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahway, NJFebruary 6, 2015
I came to Prestige with great aspirations, but only to find out that the inner turmoil that was displayed at Prestige Toyota was unlike any I have seen in this business. The overall process to conduct business in their Finance Department needs vast improvement. The turn over of Finance Managers there is phenomenal. The lack of participation to act as part of a team was really non existent. The management staff were very condescending to their sales staff and there are a lot of unhappy employees and customers there. The continuous falling trend of customer satisfaction is a direct result of how management runs their operation.

Their "Off Brand" Division within a year's time had 3 Finance Managers come and go. And for the 11 months there, 5 of those months was spent by the Sales Manager there playing the part of the Finance Manager as well as his normal day to day responsibilities.

There is a tremendous lack of support by upper Management there.

I was very surprised coming from a large corporation.

I can't say this of any of the other stores owned by Prestige, because the rest of the locations in my opinion have the right people doing the job... So far...
Ok job
Sales (Former Employee) –  MTOctober 30, 2014
Ok job if your looking for another job. Cut throat style of job culture
Internet Sales
Internet Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ramsey New JerseySeptember 3, 2014
Constant stream of leads, the more calls you make, the more sales you make. Management is a grid here but soon you learn that you are the one that drives sales, however going 6 days a week at full speed can take its tolls as I look around at co-workers. The competitive nature of sales is on the wall for everybody to see for keep score and everyone is line.
Pros
Volume sales
Cons
One speed only and restless
motivated envionment
Client Consultant/Spanish Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  mahwah njAugust 7, 2014
i enjoyed my time with prestige toyota and introducing them to passport to cash. which the president loved and passed down to his daughter
Pros
great compensation
Cons
Very successful dealership where I learned quite a bit.
Assistant Service Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Work started at 7:30 and ended somewhere around 5:30. Very stressful job. Dealing with 10-30 customers personally a day. Or managing the productivity of those under me. I loved the majority of my coworkers. I had a great relationship with them. That was the most enjoyable part of my job there. I learned so much there. How to manage employees, how to successfully sell to customers while maintaining a good relationship with them, building value in what you're offering. How to use social network to show customers what and how you do business. had the chance to make a good living.
Pros
learned a lot. close to home
Cons
too many hours, no further advancement opportunity, odd pay plan
Great learning environment to learn to hone people skills
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2013
I learned to utilize and better organize the warehouse part numbers filing system in the company computer database by my handwritten system, when Prestige Toyota moved from their old Jacksonville location to their last known location at Warden Road in NLR, AR. I most enjoyed the daily people and work-related interaction on the job, as well as the regular physical labor that the job afforded me. The mobility of a delivery driver was very enjoyable to me. I also got to do daily work for the front office and the used car department in the afternoons. I was offered a chance to train as a salesperson for the dealership, but talked myself out of it, as I did not know any other successful female car salespersons anywhere back then.
Pros
Drive company vehicle, long lunch, weekends off
Cons
no overtime option, healthcare
Terrible place to work
Lead Retail Product Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJApril 12, 2013
People pitting people against each other, no management from high up, will fire for no reason, long hours with no extra pay. Do not work for this company, they will make work a living hell!
Pros
free lunches saturdays
Cons
everything else
A great place to work with good people.
New Car, BDC and Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Route 17 North, Ramsey, NJMarch 5, 2012
A quality business to work for with great customer service.
Pros
well organized.
Cons
can't think of any.