Preston Auto Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best group
sales (Former Employee) –  Preston, MDJune 5, 2018
Preston Auto Group is the best dealerships to work for if you live on the eastern shore of Maryland. the company will do whatever you need to help you succeed.
Not to much bad things to say
Automotive (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 5, 2018
Pay was pretty good , health benfits weren't bad either. Long hours but they were flexible. Only negatives would be the lack of management and the high ups need to realzies the way they act. Worst part about working was my GM would say very inappropriate making me feel uncomfortable. For example I was ask by a General Manger "What kind of shirts I wear under my jacket " and "what type of shirts do I wear in the summer " along with the occasional wink. Everyone kinda thought it was a joke that I felt uncomfortable being ask that by such a "well respected manger " seemed like no one really cared. But why would they I was new and hes been with Preston for years.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Read above
good place to work
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Hurlock, MDFebruary 13, 2018
enjoyed working at Preston taught me alot.Nice people that work there, trying get hours was a problem they give good deals on cars.its a nice fun place to work
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
getting hours
Shop ran by Narcissist
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHDecember 24, 2017
Hiring under qualified mechanics paying them more, and giving them more work than employees who deserve it. Pay based on personal standing with service manager. Its about what he has done not what every one has helped do. Egomaniac......
Pros
Saturday Lunch Provided
Cons
Narcisistic egomaniac is your boss
Preston mazda noardman
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHDecember 7, 2017
Not typically a person that writes reviews but I am doing this in hopes of saving someone else from falling for the beautiful facade that the Preston group paints for incoming employees. Turnover In all departments of the dealership is nothing short of shameful. Training is almost non-existent and punishment for mistakes begins within days of being hired, irregardless kid reported training flaws and managerial harassment. Cutthroat business all about making a dollar in any means necessary. “You come first” as all the Preston ads chime is a sham. If you have any other employment options take them as this should only be a last resort
very fast - and demanding place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 11, 2017
There is always lots to get accomplished. Having to deal with irate customer's makes the job duties very unenjoyable. the environment can be very tough at times.
Good work place
Auto Sales (Former Employee) –  Preston, MDOctober 10, 2017
Good work experience , with employees and management the building was clean and modern very charitable did a lot for the community , had opportunity to work in management and in financial department . Worked several places with the company at different locations , got to work with all the banks in getting people financed, purchase cars and trucks as well as wholesale. I have been to most of the car auctions on the east coast from New Jersey to Florida. I have also worked with financial statements as well as owed my own used car dealership. I had the ability to sell Nissan, Mazda, Hyundai Ford Lincoln. For the community the held charity benefits for breast cancer, many churches, fire departments and the kids Halloween party's Christmas party's and Bigfoot truck demonstrations. We also had employee Christmas party and once a month lunch for all the employeesenators and a speaker to let the employees accomplishment. They would have sales promotions plus bonuses. The hardest part of the job is the hours, and even when your office you were constantly selling., seems like their was no end to the job. The best part was a satisfied customer that came back for a new vehicle and sometimes 2 at the same time.
Pros
Meeting people
Productive place to work
Paint Prepper (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PASeptember 2, 2017
Things go Great when were very busy but when its slow not so much. Things could be better if every one would just do what their suppose to. Otherwise it can be fun and a great place to work
Pros
we do get free lunches
Cons
you never know if youre going to be busy or not
Automotive Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  MDJune 5, 2017
Overall my experience at this location. Was amazing as a repair technician I was able to learn a good amount in a short period of time. This company taught me many things regarding the world of an automotive technician
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Some
Good products and fun environment, other aspects not so great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  PAApril 21, 2017
Well-paying group, but still hard to make money at times. Work a lot of hours, deal with a lot of egos. BDC helps but inept. Don't let it rule your life because it will.
Not a very good place to work, or at least the one I was at.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHJanuary 27, 2017
They wouldn't give me anywere to advance and offered me absolutely no more money after all the time I was there, there was alot of days were it was all standing around because there was absolutely nothing to do. There was absolutely no communication and there was alot of tension between the techs and the sales, there was a big separation. They made me a bunch of promises at my orientation and never held up to any!!! Overall for me I had a horrible experience, I wouldn't recommend working there at all!
Pros
relaxed
Cons
No communication, no advancements, no tranning, tension between sales and techs.
Great company
Service BDC (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHMay 31, 2016
Family environment, above average compensation, part of a team, sky is the limit, fast paced and laid back at the same time, customer oriented
Pros
Holidays off
Great training and support, outstanding work environment
General Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Preston Budget LotApril 18, 2016
I have never worked for a better employer. Everything is top notch. Everything needed for success is provided. At Preston we are given the opportunity to grow and advance with in the company.
Pros
Work Environment
energetic, motivative place to assist quests to pick the best automobile
GM Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle,paMarch 26, 2016
Preston automotive is the clear leader in automotive sales and service for a reason. We offer a very friendly winning team that all the Best talent wants to work with. We have multiple store locations with plenty of room for advancement. Our company has made my dreams come true. Preston clearly offers the area's top pay and fantastic benefits as well.
Pros
Friendly work environment, motivational
Great Company to Work For
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHMarch 26, 2016
The Preston Auto Group is honestly a great place to work. The overall commitment to the team and their success all around is contagious. There's also plenty of opportunity to advance with their philosophy of promoting from within. Come ready to work hard, and put in a solid effort, and the reward is there. The culture and atmosphere promote a strong positive working environment. It's not one of those places where you're on your own by any means as the company is committed to on site and off site training to best equip their personnel. I would highly recommend the Preston Auto Group as a place of employment and am proud to be a part of this organization.
Great Company- Progressive, Quality, Long Standing
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAMarch 25, 2016
Winning track record, grade A talent across the board in every position. Great Pay, Great Benefits..Hard work and determination to succeed is rewarded..promotions come from within. Progressive thinking. Deep Culture. Transparent Attitude. If you want to work for a company that makes car buying easy for all of there clients, cutting edge on industry trends, opportunity for a great career path for all of their hard working employees, honesty, and recognize hard ward and dedication, this is the place for you.
Pros
flexibility, benefits, pay
Excellent Sales Opportunity
Internet Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAAugust 17, 2015
In a fast paced working environment. Sales is the key to success, in order to make money you must be willing to work hard and smart, and must know your product.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Salary
Sale's Consultant
Sale's Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hurlock, MDAugust 13, 2015
Preston is a family oriented company , however the sale's team was extremely established . It was hard to break thru . That's why i went to back to Hertrich Ford
Pros
4 dealership's and 1500vehicle's on lot
Cons
Hard to Break thru