Pret A Manger
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Good place. Some childish people make it toxic. Good overall. I’ve had good managers, and I’ve had bad managers. When I’ve told on the bad manager, the company didn’t really do anything, but that could’ve been because they needed managers and it was COVID Season.
Pros
Free food.
Loved This Job The staff is honestly what got me to work everyday lml Not just the customers or my self. If was nice to work around people who understood you and had the same hustle and drive.
Great benefits and work hours. GMs don’t work nights or weekends. Much better company pre-Covid who cared about the teams and people. Now, after Covid, you can tell they are just trying to save every dollar and happy teams is something of the past.
Pros
Benefits, no weekends, closed most holidays (paid)
Cons
No breaks for salaried managers on 10 hour shift
One of the best companies I ever worked for you can grow from with in great benefits been there 5 years help open up new location and I moved up fast
They really emphasize character development, and there is plenty of room for growth within the company. I’ve made some wonderful friendships with coworkers and managers alike. I recommend this company to anyone looking for a company that’s going to treat them right, pay them well, and encourage you as a person.
Pros
Free lunch, Room for growth.
Cons
Strict policies. Not for the faint of heart.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I worked here for 4 yrs, my manager wasnt the best but they are very accommodating if you go to school or such. I loved the perks and benefits of having a free lunch free pastries and multiple coffees throughout the day. PTO they're very flexible if you request to have a day off or if you need to leave ealry. I miss this job I hope they can come back to Chicago and recover from rhe financial crisis that COVID caused.
Pros
Free lunch, free coffee. PTO, flexible scheduling
Cons
They send you to other shops soemtimes
This work is only for those who do not have any prior work experience. Low pay, no benefits, and cannot get a day off. There are so many other better places to work.
Spent 4 years at pret honestly it was a rough ride but it got a lot easier towards the end. It definitely depends on management and how they handle things. Pret has a lot of opportunities to be great in areas they are lacking they just need to make sure they are giving the proper support and not setting unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack of follow through in training teams after hiring
Working there allows you to have multiple responsibilities and as well the sky is the limit. When it comes to this company anything is possible there at pret. There’s multiple platforms and career pathways you can choose from.
They take hours away, for you to force a 2 week notice.They lack helping abilities. Most members are good at heart but overs lack knowledge to understand others and their position.
working a Pret has many challenges, you learn a lot, they train you well. the higher ups know your name and greet you like family. as the year went by the pressure that was put on the staff by the company became unrealistic to the point of burn out and loss of passion.
Pros
free lunch, great co workers, fun parties
Cons
unrealistic expectation that could only happen in a perfect world.
Fast paced fun job. Great free food. Great customers.hours and schedules are crazy. Was asked to close up at night 9pm and then have to be in at 5am to open frequently.
Pros
Free lunches, weekly bonuses can be earned.
Cons
Random and hectic scheduling. Advancement can be slowed by lazy management
The management can be poor sometimes, they tend to change the manager at the store a lot. Also, they put a lot of pressure on you to make the production on time and take customer's orders quickly even if the staff is short. However, you will work well if there is enough staff to do the job. The staff is very supportive and the atmosphere is good. People are kind and friendly but each store is different. I liked working there because I learned a lot of things and I made good friends. Due to the pandemic, I was put on a furlough period but they paid me several weeks when they closed the store. Pret A Manger is a good and responsible company.
Pros
Free lunches
In two years I was able to work my way up to a Shift Lead position while still a teenager, and they often offered a ton of advancement opportunities for others as well and actively looked for people to promote quarterly.
Pros
Free Lunch, Easy Work
Cons
Managers could be better
I've enjoyed my time there, I've learnt many new things so I couldn't say any bad about this company. They gave me a promotion in a very short time too
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of hours
Oh lord. Used to work for Pret a manger years ago, and I told them about the issues back then, and look at them now. There was no accountability, which I saw a lot of HR cases coming. They didn’t do anything about it. Now, they’re tying to catch up, but it might be very late for it.
Pros
Food
Cons
Management, Hr.
The work place was fun and fast paced and gives you room to grow and move up to higher positions. The co workers were very friendly and helpful, overall a good place to work
Pros
Free lunches
basically its alot of favoritism especially hispanic workers get to slack off while the rest of us have to work twice as hard please be aware of cliques and non stop drama
Pros
free breakfast and free lunch
Cons
management
Customers were very unusually challenging. Rules of dress code was changed few times by different managers. 2 or 3 different managers suggested 3 different types of employee dress code which got me confused & they finally convinced me not to wear skirts , but initially I was suggested by a manger to wear skirts for work.
Pros
Discounted meals for employees.
Cons
Very busy place. Trash cans fill up very fast.
Your coworkers are what truly create the enviroment for the workspace. Every Pret shop you go to, the workers are always affiliated with each other and are on the same team
Awesome place to work at. You really feel like a family. From the President to the shop team member, everyone treats you with respect and is really helpful. No negatives
  1. Employee Reviews