Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Its ok
PREP/ LINE COOK/TEAM MEMBER TRAINER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2019
Team leads has favorites, cool place depends on location. I was at Rockefeller center location very mixy in the culture, made the best out of it if you like to work then it's a job for you
Pros
Free selective food
Cons
Had to be there at 4 in the morning to start the shift
Not sure
STAR TEAM MEMBER, BARISTA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2019
Not sure . It was a really active job .managers were great . Good team work , good environment wasn’t so scary quiet place . I was everywhere working with everybody
Productive and friendly work place.
Team Member Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2019
Its a fast paced environment but also a fun and friendly one. The best part about working here was the people that I got a chance to meet. The team was great and some of the customers were also amazing people to meet. Its a place that recognizes hard work and it does not take long to move up in the company.
Love working there meeting new people learning new skills and working as a team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2019
Love communication dedication hard work focused on learning you skill's and working with others excellent people nice team work perfectly formal for thoses who love commuting
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Prep Chief (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2019
Gaining the opportunity to Work at Pret A Manager as a morning prep chief allowed me to work heavy on my leader skills. Helped improve my competitive skills and changed my daily schedule for life in general.
a friendly community and fast paced work environment.
closer (Former Employee) –  425 Lexington aveAugust 24, 2019
The hardest part of my job experience at Pret A manger was managing my balance in life late-night shifts would tucker me out without needed energy for my next shift.
Fast paced.
Kitchen Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2019
Everything about this job is fast paced. Depending on what shop you are from. Some are slow but some shops are super busy. Great experience. I’ve been here for 2 years now.
Good place
Hot chef/Barista/Team member (Former Employee) –  23rd and parkAugust 21, 2019
A good place to work. You can learn a lot there and its lot of opportunities to move up in the company. Its a friendly environment and also great benefits
Have good personal
Team Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2019
I love work for pret , I m feel like home , I love my manager to she really nice person , In pret we have the opportunity for growth in this company , i al happy working for them
Fun workplace with challenging work
Team Member/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  30 Rockefeller centerAugust 20, 2019
A typical day at work involved doing the cold and dry store inventory each morning.I learned that hard work pays off and that I could accomplish a lot more than i thought in one day.The management at Pret-A-Manger was always very attentive and polite.The workplace environment was always friendly and everyone was always willing to help including me.The hardest part of the job was learning everything for the first time.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how happy customers were and having them call you by name.
Pros
relaxed management, friendly staff
Cons
small seating area
Well established
Team member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2019
Go to great lengths for customer service and cleanliness. They have a double interview process to give you the inside scoop, for you to meet the crew in which you might be placed.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Timing
Pret a manger
Job/ internship experiences (Current Employee) –  Midtown New York, NYAugust 18, 2019
I would refer anyone to the that job the people their are very friendly , professional and make you motivated to work their , the food is always fresh every single day and they make food for everyone vegetarians, meat lovers and even gluten free .
It’s a okay job
Team Member Star (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2019
At first it’s easy you’re not doing a whole bunch. weekends are very calm . Basically just cleaning and restocking
Weekdays are so stressful turning around doing everything and trying to take care of a customer. Very draining. Break goes by really quick. Sometimes you’ll even deal w a rude customer / coworkers
Pros
Meeting new people free food and drinks have a discount with whatever pret you go to
Cons
Too stressful.draining. Ask for too much with not that many workers
Pret
Lead Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2019
Pret is Good company where you can grow. There are different positions for everyone. They have cashiers, baristas, cooks, hot chefs, and floor leaders. They also have mystery shopper bonuses for key roles.
Overrall great company
TeamLeader (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 14, 2019
It was a great company.has its pros and cons. Its a place you can learn and grow. I reccommend this to people who are team players and has great customer service skills.
Not a good place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  350 HUDSON STREETAugust 4, 2019
If you are new they will give you a ridiculous amount of work while the other staff just lounges around. No room for growth if you are not a favorite even if you work extremely hard.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks no room for growth
One of the best companies
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2019
Pret is definitely a great company to work for. The service is good, the people are nice and down to earth. There’s growth within the company and they provide great benefits.
Poor management / great teamwork
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 25, 2019
Management was bad, made everything about them, and didn’t care about employees. Employees work together to make it memorable, made life long friends at Pret.
discrimination, favoritism
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2019
The company claims equal opportunity and fair treatment but is the opposite! not a good company in terms of race and gender. If you dont look right you wont make it far!
work place
Hot Chef (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2019
Good place to work if you have no kids or open availability. The pay is great. Room for growth. They award the team for their hard work and dedication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.