Pret A Manger
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Pret A Manger Kitchen & Front Leader/ Customer Service Review - Management is lacking

October 3, 2019
My typical work day consist of Ops Manager yelling and cursing at my manager. Ops manager says he wants things done a certain way and when that way is executed he Decides to change his mind and say that’s not what he wanted from them. Managers cry in their offices because of how stressed they are. You can’t get a raise unless you have it good with the ops or they see you doing more than you are qualified to do. Managers are secretly looking for new jobs right now to get out of Pret. It’s a very stressful environment with people who are lazy.
June 5, 2019
Same role
team member on till, customer service (Current Employee) - New York, NY
It was so hard to learn all the products in order to use the registers at a fast pace. You are doing the job of three different positions because they are low on staff. Friendly workers but tough around breakfast and lunch.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
December 16, 2018
Same role
Hostess/ Customer Service (Former Employee) - Manhattan, NY
This job was easy and not stressful. Everyone was a team and worked as one. We would have breaks and lunch. We were able to get lunch and breakfast for free at the time I was working there. It was so cool working for this company.
January 20, 2021
Same location
Shift Lead (Former Employee) - Chicago, IL
I worked here for 4 yrs, my manager wasnt the best but they are very accommodating if you go to school or such. I loved the perks and benefits of having a free lunch free pastries and multiple coffees throughout the day. PTO they're very flexible if you request to have a day off or if you need to leave ealry. I miss this job I hope they can come back to Chicago and recover from rhe financial crisis that COVID caused.
Pros
Free lunch, free coffee. PTO, flexible scheduling
Cons
They send you to other shops soemtimes