Pret A Manger
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Pret A Manger Barista Review - You can do better

February 14, 2019
I devoded to work at Pret when I first moved to the city. It started off pretty good like a regular work environment. After about 3 months, I was stressed out nearly everyday. The manager was very unprofessional and disrespectful. All she cares about was the money and working hard. But the pay didn’t match up with the amount of work. You’re required to do so much and know so much yet no one is taught the correct way. It just began to get too crazy for me. Drama, poor management skills and attitudes everyday. It truly depends on what shop they put you at and who’s your manager. Its a good temporary job but besides that, that was it!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Toxic work environment
April 13, 2021
Same roleSame location
Barista (Former Employee) - New York, NY
Enjoy the team and the experience. A lot of team work and room to grow. Be advise you can’t have your nails done and to wear comfortable clothing underneath uniform.
March 6, 2021
Same roleSame location
Barista (Former Employee) - New York, NY
Good place. Some childish people make it toxic. Good overall. I’ve had good managers, and I’ve had bad managers. When I’ve told on the bad manager, the company didn’t really do anything, but that could’ve been because they needed managers and it was COVID Season.
Pros
Free food.
April 29, 2021
Same location
Manager (Former Employee) - New York, NY
They were always doing layoffs and could never feel secure in your role. There was no compensation for taking on more and more work. The people are all really great and friendly and they do fun activities like happy hours and Christmas parties. Good PTO
Pros
Fun people, hard workers, happy hours
Cons
No job security, always lay offs, no clear goals to succeed in us