Pret A Manger
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Pret A Manger team member on till, customer service Review - Nice people, tedious work

June 5, 2019
It was so hard to learn all the products in order to use the registers at a fast pace. You are doing the job of three different positions because they are low on staff. Friendly workers but tough around breakfast and lunch.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
October 3, 2019
Same role
Kitchen & Front Leader/ Customer Service (Current Employee) - Chicago, IL
My typical work day consist of Ops Manager yelling and cursing at my manager. Ops manager says he wants things done a certain way and when that way is executed he Decides to change his mind and say that’s not what he wanted from them. Managers cry in their offices because of how stressed they are. You can’t get a raise unless you have it good with the ops or they see you doing more than you are qualified to do. Managers are secretly looking for new jobs right now to get out of Pret. It’s a very stressful environment with people who are lazy.
December 16, 2018
Same role
Hostess/ Customer Service (Former Employee) - Manhattan, NY
This job was easy and not stressful. Everyone was a team and worked as one. We would have breaks and lunch. We were able to get lunch and breakfast for free at the time I was working there. It was so cool working for this company.
April 29, 2021
Same location
Manager (Former Employee) - New York, NY
They were always doing layoffs and could never feel secure in your role. There was no compensation for taking on more and more work. The people are all really great and friendly and they do fun activities like happy hours and Christmas parties. Good PTO
Pros
Fun people, hard workers, happy hours
Cons
No job security, always lay offs, no clear goals to succeed in us
  1. Nice people, tedious work