Pret A Manger
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Pret A Manger Team Member Review - Different Strokes for Different Folks

October 10, 2019
Clear signs of favoritism. The managers make it clear what can get you immediately terminated, but constantly give passes to their favorite workers. Majority of the workers seem to have never advanced past your basic high school mentality because they constantly pick on new people, people who actually LIKE working at pret, or actually want to do their job, calling them names, giving them the silent treatment, making fun of them behind their back and etc. When you tell management they do NOTHING about it, I even had one manager go and tell the person that I reported them to the manager. I get paid 15.25, but the pay isn't worth the abuse the job gives you. If you choose to take this job, my advice is to be mediocre or stay in the kitchen, you'll encounter less drama that way.
January 7, 2021
Same role
Team Member (Former Employee) - New York, NY
This work is only for those who do not have any prior work experience. Low pay, no benefits, and cannot get a day off. There are so many other better places to work.
December 8, 2020
Same role
Team Member (Former Employee) - New York, NY
They take hours away, for you to force a 2 week notice.They lack helping abilities. Most members are good at heart but overs lack knowledge to understand others and their position.
September 8, 2020
Same location
Cashier (Former Employee) - Los Angeles, CA
Customers were very unusually challenging. Rules of dress code was changed few times by different managers. 2 or 3 different managers suggested 3 different types of employee dress code which got me confused & they finally convinced me not to wear skirts , but initially I was suggested by a manger to wear skirts for work.
Pros
Discounted meals for employees.
Cons
Very busy place. Trash cans fill up very fast.
  1. Different Strokes for Different Folks