Pret A Manger
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Pret A Manger Kitchen Leader Review - It could be a better working place if the managers would communicate more with their leaders

May 20, 2019
It started out with better structure but once the company was bought out by someone else a lot of standards doesn't apply there anymore. A lot of the raises that were given have been taken away.
Pros
Free lunch, paid vactions and PTO
Cons
Not enough front of house workers
March 25, 2020
Same role
Kitchen Crew Member (Current Employee) - New York, NY
I Loved working there many opportunities and benefits.Wok was balanced ,management was great .Opportunities were given to more forward within the company.
December 30, 2019
Same role
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) - London
I Worked at Pret for 3 weeks and was basically bullied out of the job! There was no manager due to some internal issues, so the shop was bringing in supervisors from other shops to run the place. I had to explain on multiple occasions that I was new to the environment and was still taking everything in. Due to this certain staff members weren’t very accommodating and I was treated badly because I wasn’t up to their standard in the matter of a couple of days. Due to lack of staff, I was being expecting to do full time hours on a part time hour contract whilst being made to work in other areas that were neglected due to lack of staff. The atmosphere was very toxic and only being able to have support from my family during my studies was I able to leave Pret. I do not recommend working at Pret at all.
March 30, 2021
Same location
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) - Chicago, IL
Pret A Manger is a fast-paced, high standard sandwich shop and cafe. It has its good days, it has its bad days. The work will be easy to you, if you are a hard worker, good with your hands, and have a good memory. As a trainer, my normal day to day would be making sandwiches and salads, making sure the kitchen staff is staying productive & efficient, ensure health and safety standards, and make sure all employees stay up to date with new training. The CEO, as well as the vice president, district managers, etc, would casually make pop ups to see how the shop is being ran, and ensure standards are upheld. They are very friendly, but they don't play games about their business. However there were some general managers and assistant managers who abused their authority. Watch what you say and who you say it around. Not everyone has your back. Company parties and "Top Shop" awards are really good incentives used to make sure that every location performs at its very best. Makes the "competitive spirit" between shops higher. There's nothing like a little friendly competition! Depending on location and staff, Pret A Manger can be a really awesome job
Pros
Free lunch, fun staff, company parties/incentives
Cons
Hierarchy, very strict on appearance(piercings, false nails, eyelashes)
  1. It could be a better working place if the managers would communicate more with their leaders