Pret A Manger Employee Review

View all Pret A Manger reviews

to much stress for little pay
front of house leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater LondonFebruary 6, 2019
I work in pret for a couple of years and can't figure out why it's so stressful. Job in itself is not difficult to understand but managers treats you like idiots. I wanted to go on the job ladder was a team leader but was always blamed for everything even manager mistake. Team members who where lazy made friend with manager and get promoted. I was not trained but expected to do job perfect. I worked in many shops because they always have no team members. Teams have no respect for managers who are not helping and don't care. I go back to my country where I found job. All I learnd in pret was to try to cope with stress but i don't want this kind of stress again. I was a fun person before pret but now I'm just tired and depressed. I can not recoment pret. To much stress for nothing and bad paid. Better work in lesser paid with less stress.
Pros
some nice colleges, free food but I can't eat much as I'm vegan, and to much cross contamination in kitchen
Cons
bad managers in most shop I worked, dirty work kitchen don't wash hands, no real training, blamed for everything, no support, bad paid

Other Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

It could be a better working place if the managers would communicate more with their leaders
Kitchen Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2019
It started out with better structure but once the company was bought out by someone else a lot of standards doesn't apply there anymore. A lot of the raises that were given have been taken away.
Pros
Free lunch, paid vactions and PTO
Cons
Not enough front of house workers
Nice job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2019
It was a great job get paid every week. You work 6 am to 2:30 great hrs fun environment food is wonderful and great ppl to work around great team work and plenty of awards for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.