Pret A Manger
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100
Pret A Manger Employee Review

Pret A Manger front of house leader Review - to much stress for little pay

February 6, 2019
I work in pret for a couple of years and can't figure out why it's so stressful. Job in itself is not difficult to understand but managers treats you like idiots. I wanted to go on the job ladder was a team leader but was always blamed for everything even manager mistake. Team members who where lazy made friend with manager and get promoted. I was not trained but expected to do job perfect. I worked in many shops because they always have no team members. Teams have no respect for managers who are not helping and don't care. I go back to my country where I found job. All I learnd in pret was to try to cope with stress but i don't want this kind of stress again. I was a fun person before pret but now I'm just tired and depressed. I can not recoment pret. To much stress for nothing and bad paid. Better work in lesser paid with less stress.
Pros
some nice colleges, free food but I can't eat much as I'm vegan, and to much cross contamination in kitchen
Cons
bad managers in most shop I worked, dirty work kitchen don't wash hands, no real training, blamed for everything, no support, bad paid
November 24, 2020
Same role
Front of House Leader (Former Employee) - New York, NY
Fast paced fun job. Great free food. Great customers.hours and schedules are crazy. Was asked to close up at night 9pm and then have to be in at 5am to open frequently.
Pros
Free lunches, weekly bonuses can be earned.
Cons
Random and hectic scheduling. Advancement can be slowed by lazy management
July 17, 2019
Same role
Front and back operations (Former Employee) - New York, NY
Front and back end .prepared food for 1st,2nd and 3rd production displayed food. Preparing caffeinated drinks ,baking pastry, making soups and pouring them in cups.
April 29, 2021
Manager (Former Employee) - New York, NY
They were always doing layoffs and could never feel secure in your role. There was no compensation for taking on more and more work. The people are all really great and friendly and they do fun activities like happy hours and Christmas parties. Good PTO
Pros
Fun people, hard workers, happy hours
Cons
No job security, always lay offs, no clear goals to succeed in us
  1. to much stress for little pay